Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:18:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831844 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10740 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:53 AM »

^To quote the man himself: "Aw, hell no."

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10741 on: September 09, 2007, 09:28:49 AM »

hihi

good thing they were able to at least squeeze in the king vs king program before all this.
wonder if there'll be a new king of the ring tournament in 2007 .. wasnt king booker crowned in 2006 or was that 2005? time sure flies by quickly ... they done him wrong though with not using his minor league that was already established

all hail King Booker - was a worthy gimic - i liked that more than the g.i one in late wcw
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10742 on: September 09, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »

hihi

good thing they were able to at least squeeze in the king vs king program before all this.
wonder if there'll be a new king of the ring tournament in 2007 .. wasnt king booker crowned in 2006 or was that 2005? time sure flies by quickly ... they done him wrong though with not using his minor league that was already established

all hail King Booker - was a worthy gimic - i liked that more than the g.i one in late wcw

'Twas May 2006. I think that KOTR tournament was just a one-off. Maybe one day they'll bring back the PPV. Since I startyed watching WWE, I've only ever saw the last 2 KOTR PPVs at the time they happened.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10743 on: September 09, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »

hihi

'Twas May 2006. I think that KOTR tournament was just a one-off. Maybe one day they'll bring back the PPV. Since I startyed watching WWE, I've only ever saw the last 2 KOTR PPVs at the time they happened.

Teddy Long brought it back as a SD pay per view.  THey had most of their matches before the ppv and had the finals the night of the ppv with Lashey loosing to King Booker.  When WWE announced this year that all their PPVs would be Tri-branded, there was no room for a SD King of the Ring PPV. I hope we see one again with superstars from all 3 brands fighting to be king.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10744 on: September 09, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »

hihi

Teddy Long brought it back as a SD pay per view.? THey had most of their matches before the ppv and had the finals the night of the ppv with Lashey loosing to King Booker.? When WWE announced this year that all their PPVs would be Tri-branded, there was no room for a SD King of the Ring PPV. I hope we see one again with superstars from all 3 brands fighting to be king.
Great American Bash has taken the King of the Ring slot on the calender and most would rather have KOTR.  It's a great way to get someone over and a fun tournament.  Make it interbrand, have 6 Smackdown, 6 Raw and 4 ECW.  On tv have the first few round match-ups, on PPV have the Semi's and Final.  Simple.

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa ? Raw had new World Tag Team Champions ... for a little while, anyway.

During WWE?s tour in South Africa, Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch for the gold at the tour's first stop in Cape Town.

Unfortunately, the title reign didn?t last very long for the high-flying duo. On the final night of the tour in Joberg, the Redneck Wrecking Crew emerged victorious in a rematch and reclaimed titles.

With the tease of holding their first championship since joining Raw last June, London & Kendrick now know that the current champions are vulnerable and have told WWE.com that?s even more motivation for the match at Unforgiven.  They also said that their victory proves that being undersized doesn?t necessarily mean that they?re overmatched.

Will this scare serve as a wake up call for Cade & Murdoch when they take on London & Kendrick next Sunday at Unforgiven? Or have the former WWE Tag Team Champions found Cade & Murdoch?s Achilles? heel that will give the World Tag Team Championship a new home?

wwe.com
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10745 on: September 10, 2007, 12:55:28 PM »

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title Match
The Great Khali vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

ECW World Title Match
CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

WWE Tag Team Title Match
MVP and Matt Hardy vs. Deuce and Domino

World Tag Team Title Match
Cade and Murdoch vs. London and Kendrick

WWE Women's Title Match
Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix

- The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
- Triple H vs. Carlito

It's possible that one more match could be announced sometime this week.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10746 on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:07 PM »

I didn't realise there were that many matches made (though I don't remember hearing about Carlito VS. HHH).

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10747 on: September 10, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »

i'll be skipping this ppv... i expect 1 title change - women's title ..maybe. Beth might be disqualified for manhandling candice..setting up a rematch ..no DQ. Or she clean wins and feuds with Victoria. Now that's a rematch still waiting to checkout.

Batista - another title run? no way. and no way chubby Rey gets the gold. Khali rules the smackdown world.

Orton - still not trustworthy. Look at what RVD, Nitro, Umaga did. Orton's rep iffy. As much as i hate this - Cena should retain.

over on tna seems like Kevin Nash headed to the ring again - hope if the make a PPV match of him vs Angle, he shows up. I remember some health things ended the nwo last run in wwe and some heart thing cancelled a match at a tna ppv. and they had to rebook a large part of it on the fly.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10748 on: September 10, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »

Khali rules the smackdown world.

Is that a prediction or a declaration of loyalty?? Cheesy

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10749 on: September 10, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »

khali is the man right now cause i dont see anyone stripping him of the belt any time soon

he cant wrestle but his size is just too much to deal with. he'll probably lose the belt by some weird stipulation - by DQ or something one day.

... i for one cant wait for edge to get back.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10750 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »

khali is the man right now cause i dont see anyone stripping him of the belt any time soon

he cant wrestle but his size is just too much to deal with. he'll probably lose the belt by some weird stipulation - by DQ or something one day.

... i for one cant wait for edge to get back.

I don't know I could see them setting him up til WM and feeding him to the Great Undertaker for Another WM win, although thats 6 months from now.  They still owe us a Undertaker Vs Khali in a Pjabi Prison Match or whatever it was called, The ONLY people I can see beating Khali clean is A Full Strength Undertaker or a Huge Kane push.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10751 on: September 11, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

Did any one think HornsWoggle would be His Bastard Son???

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10752 on: September 11, 2007, 12:16:43 AM »

Raw tonight was amazing

I was laughing hysterically at the end although a HHH as his son storyline would've been HUGe and something they would've done 10 years ago.   having Hornswoggle was a nice swerve and was very very well done.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10753 on: September 11, 2007, 06:11:27 AM »

Raw tonight was amazing

I was laughing hysterically at the end although a HHH as his son storyline would've been HUGe and something they would've done 10 years ago.   having Hornswoggle was a nice swerve and was very very well done.

Answer me this then. How the hell does this benefit Hornswoggle?
It should have been given to someone that could have benefited from the angle.
What started as a serious and interesting storyline turned into a complete joke last night.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10754 on: September 11, 2007, 06:16:36 AM »

Amazing?  Shocked RAW plain sucked last night.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10755 on: September 11, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

During an interview with The Houston Chronicle talking about his new Disney film "The Game Plan", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson reiterated that he is completely done with professional wrestling. When asked about the business, he said, "My grandfather (Peter Maivia) and father (Rocky Johnson) wrestled. I grew up with wrestling. But wrestling was something where I always wanted to keep growing. I had the opportunity to wrestle with the best - Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Undertaker and Bill Goldberg. But once I wrestled all the guys I wanted to wrestle, I realized that I couldn't grow any more with wrestling. The reason people still ask if I'm coming back is because I never made a big production of my retirement like a lot of guys do. I just wanted to quietly get out. I quietly walked away."

That sucks

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10756 on: September 11, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »

During an interview ...... The reason people still ask if I'm coming back is because I never made a big production of my retirement like a lot of guys do. I just wanted to quietly get out. I quietly walked away."

That sucks

i am trying to think of who made a big deal about their retirement? only one i can think of is Hogan in those many sit down interviews..then months later he's back and etc and etc.

i hope they do something big for Flair though.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10757 on: September 11, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »

Did any one think HornsWoggle would be His Bastard Son???

Peace

Some time before the second 'clue' was read out, I thought of Hornswoggle. Because I am awesome....

Anyway, I wonder where they'll take this. If anywhere.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10758 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »

I dont know how it benefits Hornswoggle but it was pretty fuckin funny,  HHH as Vince's son could've been great though, They co uld've had storylines with HHH trying to take over the company from Vince etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10759 on: September 11, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »

Sandman relesed!!
WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar and ECW Original Sandman as of September 11. We wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

WWE.COM

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: