Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831838 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10720 on: September 06, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »

I bet that's the flying headbutt never used by the WWE again.
They already have chokes banned, so it's more than likely.  Roll Eyes
Chokes should be temporary since it's merely out of good taste.  The flyin' headbutt, yeah ban it, one thing that should definately be banned is steel chair shots to the head.  Non wrestling fans watch and merely think they are plastic chairs with sound effects dubbed in, many of those shots are sick and they really aren't needed because of the long term problems they can lead to.  Guys like Mick Foley may be alright now but a few more comebacks and sick matches and in 10 years things could be quite different...

Is the piledriver still outlawed in the WWE?
No.
Although the spike piledriver is only used occasionally it is not banned. They only pull that one out on special occasions and even then, only let verteran performers who know how to execute it properly do the move.

Infact, the last time it was used was quite recently.

Wrestlemania 23: HBK vs. Cena were HBK did it on the steel steps:

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10721 on: September 06, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »

what about a f'n SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
It's pretty f'n harmless.

The shots with it are ALWAYS well protected, when headshots are nailed the hand is always covering the end of it and on the rare occasions it's been snapped off on someone it's clearly fake, that is good use of a weapon, it's looks good and does no damage to the performer, considering the effects there is no need at all to be taking stiff chair shots to the head, it looks cool at the time but it's not worth it...

No.
Although the spike piledriver is only used occasionally it is not banned. They only pull that one out on special occasions and even then, only let verteran performers who know how to execute it properly do the move.

Yeah as far as any kind of piledrivers go it's only the trusted veterans/elite.  Hence the reason Undertaker still breaks out the Tombstone Piledriver....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10722 on: September 06, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »

Ric Flair quit WWE sometime last week, stating no direction given to his character as his reason for departing. However both parties are trying to patch things up, WWE have offered Flair a huge programme if he returns. WWE are very keen on retaining Flair's services

Also:

The team of Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch last night to win the WWE World Tag Team Titles in Capetown, South Africa.

No word yet if WWE will keep the belts on London and Kendrick or give the belts back to Cade and Murdoch when the RAW stars return to the U.S.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10723 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:47 AM »

Also:

The team of Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch last night to win the WWE World Tag Team Titles in Capetown, South Africa.

No word yet if WWE will keep the belts on London and Kendrick or give the belts back to Cade and Murdoch when the RAW stars return to the U.S.

I can see this being a mistake, like the Triple Threat screw up on a house show a while back with Victoria, Melina, and Mickie James, were Mickie pinned Victoria for a 3 count for the title. The finish wasn't planned to happen the way it did, Victoria simply never got her shoulders up in time. With thus, Mickie is a 2 time womens champion, but is only reconised as a one time champion.

I can see Cade and Murdoch winning the titles back before the tour ends, and we will never hear of this again. Well at least not from the WWE anyways.

Although I could be wrong...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:25:15 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10724 on: September 06, 2007, 10:34:44 AM »

I can see this being a mistake, like the Triple Threat screw up on a house show a while back with Victoria, Melina, and Mickie James, were Mickie pinned Victoria for a 3 count for the title. The finish wasn't planned to happen the way it did, Victoria simply never got her shoulders up in time. With thus, Mickie is a 2 time womens champion, but is only reconised as a one time champion.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/women/

Nah, WWE recognises.... Tongue (You betta recognise *bobble head* - D'Lo flashback)  Grin
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10725 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »

http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/women/

Nah, WWE recognises.... Tongue (You betta recognise *bobble head* - D'Lo flashback)  Grin
Yeah, it's in the official stats.
It has to be, or they would get accused of being one sided (more so  Tongue) and only telling things that they want you to believe.

My point was I can't really see it being officially recognised, on TV.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10726 on: September 06, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »

Londrick better keep the titles Smiley

and as for chair shots, they have been bread into wrestling over the years that people expect to see them and now they are  a vital part of wrestling and sadly companys cant change that because fans are amune to it

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10727 on: September 06, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10728 on: September 06, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »

I guess that pretty much confirms it.  ok

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10729 on: September 06, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »

If John Cena retains the WWE title the week after Unforgiven, he'll have the longest WWE title reign since Hulk Hogan's run from 1984 to 1988.

Steve Austin's asking price for a three-hour autograph signing is $25,000, which believe it or not, is down from his asking price of $30,000 last year. On a side note, Hulk Hogan charges a cool $75,000.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10730 on: September 06, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

If John Cena retains the WWE title the week after Unforgiven, he'll have the longest WWE title reign since Hulk Hogan's run from 1984 to 1988.

Steve Austin's asking price for a three-hour autograph signing is $25,000, which believe it or not, is down from his asking price of $30,000 last year. On a side note, Hulk Hogan charges a cool $75,000.

I didn't really watch WWE a few years ago but didn't JBL hold the title for about 18 months a couple of years back? Or is it a different record because that was the world title rather than the WWE title?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10731 on: September 06, 2007, 05:34:34 PM »

I didn't really watch WWE a few years ago but didn't JBL hold the title for about 18 months a couple of years back? Or is it a different record because that was the world title rather than the WWE title?
No JBL, held the same title Cena's holding now.
Cena has simply just passed JBL's record.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10732 on: September 06, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »

Ok thanks  peace Didn't realise Cena had held it so long, I thought he'd had it just under a year.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10733 on: September 06, 2007, 06:15:28 PM »

Ok thanks? peace Didn't realise Cena had held it so long, I thought he'd had it just under a year.
It is, it will be 12 mths on like the 17th on this month.

JBL's was 9 months which at the time was billed as the longest in a decade.  yes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10734 on: September 06, 2007, 10:26:51 PM »

what about a f'n SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
It's pretty f'n harmless.

The shots with it are ALWAYS well protected, when headshots are nailed the hand is always covering the end of it and on the rare occasions it's been snapped off on someone it's clearly fake, that is good use of a weapon, it's looks good and does no damage to the performer, considering the effects there is no need at all to be taking stiff chair shots to the head, it looks cool at the time but it's not worth it...

No.

Yeah as far as any kind of piledrivers go it's only the trusted veterans/elite.? Hence the reason Undertaker still breaks out the Tombstone Piledriver....

Besides D'Lo Brown taking out Droz and Owen Hart jamming Stone Cold's neck badly, has there been any other major injuries from piledrivers in the wwe?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10735 on: September 07, 2007, 05:48:08 PM »

Besides D'Lo Brown taking out Droz and Owen Hart jamming Stone Cold's neck badly, has there been any other major injuries from piledrivers in the wwe?

I don't think there has. All the other neck injuries I know of were caused by something else. I remember Hardcore Holly's was because of a powerbomb.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #10736 on: September 07, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

is cena 1 of the 10 superstars that is gonna get suspended?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10737 on: September 07, 2007, 08:19:33 PM »

Droz was injured with a running powerbomb not a piledriver, i used to get that confused to.

No, John Cena will not be getting suspended.

As for other injuries i do believe back in the day Marty Jannetty injured something, actually crippled them no less, with a botched Rocker Dropper, i think the dude actually got a hefty payout, i think he was a no name jobber to hence the reason you don't hear about it much.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 08:22:34 PM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10738 on: September 08, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »

Holy crap, The Daltons are finally debuting. My interest has nothing to do with the fact that I have them in the WWE Game.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10739 on: September 09, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that Robert Huffman (King Booker) quit WWE when he was told that he was to be suspended for 60 days, as a punishment to the Signature Pharmacy bust. He was believed to have failed a Wellness Program test before, hence the 60 days suspension instead of 30.

While WWE is still trying to negotiate Huffman's staying with them, they're going on under the impression he's done. The two sides had been having troubles recently, with a major setback being John Laurinaitis' call to go with Florida for a developmental territory - where WWE would start from scratch - instead of going with Booker's already established PWA, which WWE had been loaning wrestlers to. After they made the call to stop that, Booker went to his friends at TNA and booked them for his shows instead, which didn't sit so well with anyone backstage, but they couldn't say much having pulled WWE talent from PWA.

Booker is pretty much set financially and has wanted out of wrestling for a while. At age 42, he's accomplished a lot, and thanks to his hip hop store doing well in Houston, and his two wrestling schools up and running, there's really no need for him to stick around.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: