Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828307 times)
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10260 on: June 26, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »

On a side note, does anyone know what the song was that they used for Benoit's tribute video last night on Raw?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qnOvGGGf6qA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=56cYBzXgssE

if this is a 'roid thing and 'roids will get the blame by the media you think whoever's wid batista/ cena/ chris masters ...heck half the locker room better watch out.   crying

dont know it wwe flashed benoit's wife picture -but should do a tribute to her too as a former wcw diva .... RIP Woman.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:40:09 PM by jacko » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10261 on: June 26, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »

Sadly for the majority he will be remembered as a murderer now. A great wrestler no doubt, but his entire legacy and achievements will now always be tarnished by the last few days events, assuming of course the reports are true (although it sadly seems that they are).

Like someone else said I feel a bit sorry for the WWE, because of this they will probably have to sacrifice their biggest storyline in quite a few years (and in fairness rightly so, it's in bad taste now) for a guy who it may turn out they never wish to mention again.

Such a tragic waste  Sad 

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10262 on: June 26, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »

As we previously reported, Chris Benoit sent a disturbing text message to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. Although we don?t know the exact wording, it went something along the lines of, "the sliding glass doors to the house are open and the dogs have been fed". After the message, he was unable to be reached.

Source: PWTorch.com

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10263 on: June 26, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »

TVWeek.com is reporting that Vince McMahon will open up tonight's ECW on Sci Fi broadcast to publicly apologize for the three hour tribute to Chris Benoit last night. The tribute aired before knowledge of Benoit's guilt in the murders of his son and wife as well as his own suicide.

The following is an excerpt off ESPN.com:

In an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday, Ballard indicated that the boy had needle marks in his arms. The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized.

That was only one of the strange facts that Ballard revealed. He said that two text messages of note caused authorities to investigate the house. In one, Benoit told somebody he knew that his wife and son were sick.

"Of course, they were dead," Ballard told ESPN.com.

In a second message to a neighbor, Benoit said that the door of the house was open and the pets were outside.

"And our assumption is that that was an effort to try and get somebody to come find the bodies after the suicide," Ballard said. "That is our assumption."

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #10264 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »

so fucked up...and its a terrible thing to have happened, regardless though he was a great wrestler and i'll def miss watching his matches Undecided

you said it pretty good gnrfan IMO. maybe one day we'll know what happened but for now i say RIP to the professional wrestler part of Chris Benoit, the rabid wolverine

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10265 on: June 26, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »

The man may have been a great wrestler, but the fact remains he killed his 7 year old son, and his wife. And after some thought I have come to the conclusion regardless of his career a man that does those things does not deserve to be remembered. His legacy should be forever tainted by this. Death is not a severe enough punishment for what he did. I don't believe I will ever be able to look back at Chris Benoit the same again. I will never be able to see his face without thinking of what he did. If there is such a place called hell, I hope he rots in it for all eternity.? ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #10266 on: June 26, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »

wow i just saw the news and they said after he murdered his wife and kid that he then hanged himself
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10267 on: June 26, 2007, 08:46:01 PM »

They were giving their son HGH because they thought he was a little small for his age? Fuck that shit man. Maybe if child services would have gotten involved this whole thing could have been avoided....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10268 on: June 26, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »

They were giving their son HGH because they thought he was a little small for his age? Fuck that shit man. Maybe if child services would have gotten involved this whole thing could have been avoided....

Yeah dude, totally...if only someone had known about it.

I mean, the wife was dead for a couple of days and no one knew about it!  That's huge! 
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10269 on: June 26, 2007, 11:00:29 PM »

WWE.com:

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit?s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit?s cell phone
?My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit?s cell phone
?The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open?

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit?s cell phone
?My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit?s cell phone
?My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit?s cell phone
?My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff?s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies ? an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit?s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Associated Press has an article published reporting that Chris Benoit was a customer of a company which was recently implicated of selling steroids illegally, to read the article, click here: http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6714550&nav=2aKD

Source: The Wrestling Observer

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10270 on: June 26, 2007, 11:07:19 PM »

I can understand killing your wife. I mean things happen like that all the time. She tell him she wants a divorce so he flies off the handle and kills her.

That is horrible but stuff happens.

Why he killed his son is what I can't figure out.......................

What an EVIL son of a bitch.

Shooting your kid with steroids?

That is just sickening to read.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10271 on: June 26, 2007, 11:30:04 PM »

Fuck him.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10272 on: June 27, 2007, 06:12:47 AM »

finally some guys understands how bad this is what he've done.. yesterday it was all remember? his legacy..

thank you guys for respecting his son and wife and may that murderer be forgotten not forgiven
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #10273 on: June 27, 2007, 06:36:22 AM »

Good work to WWE for hadling thew entire thing as perfectly as they could have, now completely distancing themselves from him. They have also released a statement asking the press to stop sensationalising the idea of 'roid rage'. Here in the UK this news made bbc news website, ceefax, was the sencond most looked at story on the Mirror website and was in todays Daily Mirror, and it's from this newspaper that I take the most notable quote I have read concerning this incident and foremostly Benoit's personality....

"There are very few people in the wrestling world that really got to know Chris. He was a very private person. We nicknamed him Houdini as he would sometimes dissapear in the middle of a conversation" - Dean Malenko (and there are people on this board that assume they knew him in some way! - laughable)

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10274 on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:38 AM »

They have also released a statement asking the press to stop sensationalising the idea of 'roid rage'.

Of course they did, steroids make them money.
Sure a two to three day long murder suicide isn't Roid Rage, but in the long run you will find that Steroids had a huge impact on his mental state. I think it is dangerous for "Vince" to want to sweep the Steroid angle under the rug. This should be the straw that broke the camels back in the US... Congress should start tearing that organization apart the same way they are baseball. If the WWE wants to continue running shows weekly from US venues they should be forced to get sanctioned like boxing or MMA organizations and be forced to test their "Performers"...

Of course in the long run that would hurt their ratings because who wants to watch a 6'7" 300 pound wrestler drop 40-50 pounds of bulk... also some one like Benoit would have gone from being 5'10"ish (reports list him anywhere from 5'8" to 5'11") and 220 pounds of Rip, to a fairly average 190-195 almost overnight.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10275 on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »

I think there's no question WWE would suffer if it banned steroids, but personally I liked wrestling better before every guy was a roided-up body-builder and the only big guys were the fat dudes and the freaks of nature (i.e., Andre the Giant).  Guys like Playboy Buddy Rose, "Dr. D" David Schultz, Mr. Fuji, Chief Jay Strongbow, Ray "The Crippler" Stevens, Dusty Rhodes, Adrian Adonis, etc. had horrible bodies, but they were entertaining because they were fucking hilarious.  Then again, I was only about 10 years old back then...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10276 on: June 27, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »

The WWE has been receiving complaints about the Benoit tribute show. I can understand people being upset, but come on. It was recorded before anything was known. How can you blame them for doing it?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10277 on: June 27, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »

finally some guys understands how bad this is what he've done.. yesterday it was all remember? his legacy..

thank you guys for respecting his son and wife and may that murderer be forgotten not forgiven

I dont think its people not realising how serious it is. 3 people are dead. . of course its serious. However i think Benoit brought alot of joy to alot of people over a 20 year period and if people choose to remember that rather than a man who has killed his family and himself, then IMO thats fine.

No one is gonna come on here and say he is a nice guy anymore coz obviously murdering your wife and especially son is the act of a beast.

However even Villians have legacys and for the most part he was a hero to many. So IMO his legacy is worth remembering and will never be erased even if his days ended on the most horrible of notes.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10278 on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:26 PM »

The website for ABC News now has an article online as they talked with D.A. Scott Ballard, Ballard says that investigators believe Benoit killed seven year old Daniel with a wrestling choke hold. To read the article, click here: http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3320736&page=1

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10279 on: June 27, 2007, 04:56:19 PM »

Wouldn't like to be these kids right now. Wouldn't it be very errie to know that these kids have to live with this. Sure they're only young fans but, they can say they literally had Benoits hands around their necks. Undecided

Something like this also helps to say that he didn't act and definitely wasn't the kind of person the media is making him out to be though.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: