Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:33:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828417 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10240 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

Apparently the police aren't ruling out the possibility that all three were murdered. I would like to think that is the case. Not that they were murdered, but that Chris Benoit wasn't responsible. It would be a shame for a 21-year career to be overshadowed by a period of 2 days.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10241 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:46 PM »

But he just didn't seem like the kind of person that would do this it may seem stupid but you can kinda tell a murderer from a good guy. Benoit was a good guy a murderer is someone like Snitsky or that one other douche bag thats into vanpirism. Not Benoit.

Congratulations, that is probably the most naive thing that you will ever post on this board.

Apparently the police aren't ruling out the possibility that all three were murdered. I would like to think that is the case. Not that they were murdered, but that Chris Benoit wasn't responsible. It would be a shame for a 21-year career to be overshadowed by a period of 2 days.

Hear, hear.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:14:19 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10242 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:28 PM »

i know what you mean man. And i hope there was a 4th party involved then i hope they catch him and hang him in prison

Congratulations, that is probably the most naive thing that you will ever post on this board.

why is it naive? i'm trying to defend the mans legacy instead of just trashing him on things we don't know about at this time.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10243 on: June 26, 2007, 01:17:27 PM »

But he just didn't seem like the kind of person that would do this it may seem stupid but you can kinda tell a murderer from a good guy. Benoit was a good guy a murderer is someone like Snitsky or that one other douche bag thats into vanpirism. Not Benoit.

Yeah man, you've gotta remember these guys are actors.... Alot of killers seem normal to the people that know them
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10244 on: June 26, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »

why is it naive? i'm trying to defend the mans legacy instead of just trashing him on things we don't know about at this time.

If that was your intent then you would have done better to have stayed neutral!, and come on now, it ain't on to liken good ol' Snitsky to a murderer!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10245 on: June 26, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

I guess there's an outside chance that the "personal reasons" which prevented him from appearing at Vengeance were unrelated.

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws.

I wonder what the WWE will say if/when they officially announce Benoit as guilty.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10246 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »

If that was your intent then you would have done better to have stayed neutral!, and come on now, it ain't on to liken good ol' Snitsky to a murderer!

i was letting the fan in me speak not the investigator side Roll Eyes

i'm just trying to stay as positive as posible in all this.

Yeah man, you've gotta remember these guys are actors.... Alot of killers seem normal to the people that know them

true but................i got nothin'.

lets just wiat for the officials to say something. Because argueing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded Tongue

so lets stop being retarded around here and wait and see whats truth and lie.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10247 on: June 26, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »

lets just wiat for the officials to say something. Because argueing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded Tongue

so lets stop being retarded around here and wait and see whats truth and lie.

peace

Well its offical now? Undecided

ATLANTA -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

"We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at," Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said, adding test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.

Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before the three were found dead.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning." The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:42:47 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10248 on: June 26, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »

hmmm i'll be damned

i'm watching CNN right now

WWHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10249 on: June 26, 2007, 01:45:49 PM »

Would just steroids drive a man to kill himself, his wife and his son??

A very sad story. no

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10250 on: June 26, 2007, 02:00:42 PM »

Would just steroids drive a man to kill himself, his wife and his son??

yeah the side effects of the 'roids
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #10251 on: June 26, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »

benoit is definetly in my top 5.

have you guys not seen his work in japan?

before he became the roided up freak in wwe?

the only match that comes close to his work in japan is his match with angle.

still............definetly one fucked up individual. people will now remember him as a murderer. what a shame.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10252 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:41 PM »

I read this over at www.impactwrestling.com

Source: PWInsider

WWE has pulled all Chris Benoit merchandise from their Shopzone web site. Obviously this was done in reaction to the recent news regarding the Benoit family tragedy. If you search Benoit?s name on the web site, the result that you get is that the products have been ?discontinued.?

Benoit?s name has been so far removed on the web site that the listing for the DVD of WrestleMania XX now reads, "Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels."

Its not really surprizing at this juncture. What a terrible tragedy. I feel sorry for his surviving children. And the rest of both his and his wife's family.   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10253 on: June 26, 2007, 02:32:43 PM »

Although none of us knew Benoit personally or knew what he was capable of, I think this situation has a 'Chris Benoit of all people' kind of feel to it. We've gotten used to the Chris Benoit we see on the TV, the guy who receives standing ovations and entertains people and puts on classic matches. He's the last guy you would think of as a murderer, which is why it's so shocking. To CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually's point earlier, had it been someone like - just say - Snitsky or Kane, whose TV characters are slightly psychotic, perhaps we wouldn't be as shocked (not to say we wouldn't care or be surprised, we just probably wouldn't react like we have with Benoit). I'm sure that behind the scenes, those guys are perfectly normal human beings.

It's still hard to believe and I think there is more info to be discovered/released. I'm sure there's more to it than just "Chris Benoit snapped and killed his family" and I'm not sure that steorids are purely to blame. Then again, maybe it's a worst-case scenario and there isn't much more to say.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10254 on: June 26, 2007, 03:50:58 PM »

Apparently he was very depressed and suffering from paranoia because of his friend Biff Wellington's death last week.

Police found prescription anabolic steroids at his home.

Some people are saying that she had asked for a divorce and he snapped, but it hasnt been confirmed or denied.

But apparently his wife Nancy was found with her legs tied and wrists tied together

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10255 on: June 26, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »

just thought someone should post this here in this thread too

World Wrestling Entertainment will not distribute their three hour Chris Benoit tribute show that aired last night on the USA Network to their international affiliates for airing.

The Score in Canada will also not air the program in its regularly scheduled RAW replay slots.

While updating their coverage of the Benoit family tragedy, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution has posted a report that Nancy Benoit filed for divorce and an order of protection from Chris Benoit in May 2003. Nancy Benoit alleged in the divorce petition that Chris, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child." This prompted the judge to issue a restraining order on Chris Benoit from entering their family home. In August 2003, his wife Nancy requested that the petition be dismissed. The couple later reconciled and celebrated Benoit?s WWE World Heavyweight Championship win at WrestleMania 20 in the ring together.
In addition to the Shopzone merchandise, WWE has pulled their profile page on Chris Benoit from the company's website, not to mention that the front page isn't a Benoit tribute anymore as well. Pretty much all that is being showcased on the website regarding Chris Benoit is on the grim details of the Benoit family tragedy.

Last night they posted a bunch photos and videos of him, and made his section into kind of a tribute section. They also posted videos of the wrestlers giving their testimonials on Benoit, but those were quickly pulled after the grim details surrounding the Benoit family deaths surfaced. They also pulled the front page graphic of him from the Raw and ECW sections. The story of last night's Raw show still remains in the results section though.

TNA's website has removed their Chris Benoit death mention.

Text messages to friends ?distributing?; may have watched the Vengeance PPV from home on Sunday.

(taken from www.wrestlezone.com)

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10256 on: June 26, 2007, 04:10:11 PM »

There was an interesting point made on the Wrestlecrap forum about how Johnny Nitro must feel. I'm not a Nitro fanboy or anything but knowing that you won a world title because of those circumstances must feel bad.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10257 on: June 26, 2007, 04:11:52 PM »

I will remember Chris Benoit as an incredible performer and a wrestler that was loved In Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK and the US and not many can say that.

Respected by fans and fellow professionals alike. A true wrestler and no one begrudged anything. Whenever he wrestled there was a chance of a classic, just ask Kurt Angle, Edge, HHH, Bret Hart and pretty much any wrestler that has wrestled him they always learnt off Benoit right to the end.

The circumstances surrounding his (and his family) death are tragic, but i choose not to look in to them that deeply. its one of those things we might never understand or even know fully and to be honest its not how i want to remember Chris. I'd prefer to remember him as the guy who had as much talent as anyone ever to step through those ropes and entertained many fans.

I always thought of Beniot as everybodys second favourite wrestler and thats how i will remember him.

Forget what people are saying and don't say anything stupid untill we know for certain the circumstances.

He has devoted his life to entertainment and if his last hours were as dark as its being reported i really feel for him and everyone involved coz this is not how his story should end.

R.I.P ? Cry Cry

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10258 on: June 26, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

The circumstances surrounding his (and his family) death are tragic, but i choose not to look in to them that deeply. its one of those things we might never understand or even know fully and to be honest its not how i want to remember Chris. I'd prefer to remember him as the guy who had as much talent as anyone ever to step through those ropes and entertained many fans.

He has devoted his life to entertainment and if his last hours were as dark as its being reported i really feel for him and everyone involved coz this is not how his story should end.
R.I.P ? Cry Cry

I feel exactly the same.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10259 on: June 26, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

R.I.P ? Cry Cry

I feel exactly the same.

ditto

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: