Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828184 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10220 on: June 26, 2007, 08:57:19 AM »

if he killed his son, let him burn in hell
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10221 on: June 26, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »

Surely they would drop the Vince angle if this was a murder??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10222 on: June 26, 2007, 09:31:08 AM »

I'm not to up to date on my wrestling.. Whats with this vince angle i've been hearing about??
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10223 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »

I'm not to up to date on my wrestling.. Whats with this vince angle i've been hearing about??

His limo blew up. While he was in it.

He made an appearance on Raw though so the angle might be finished.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10224 on: June 26, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

His limo blew up. While he was in it.

He made an appearance on Raw though so the angle might be finished.

Hence "BlowUpYourLimo"??  hihi
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10225 on: June 26, 2007, 10:08:01 AM »

I refuse to believe that he murdered his wife & son. Benoit was a family man and what motive would he have to kill his wife and let alone his 7 year old son who he adored deeply.

I don't care what investorgators say, I honestly believe he was innocent. He always came across as a genuine nice guy and always stopped to sign fans autographs no matter how many there were, which many wrestlers lack ability of these days.

Ric Flair's comments regarding Benoit:
"Chris was one of the nicest, hardest-working, most legitimate, honest people I've ever met in my life," a distraught Flair added Monday night. "Everybody liked Chris."

Bret Hart's Comments:
"Chris was always one of the good guys - a straight guy and a hard-working guy," Hart said.

"When you list off all the qualities of someone like Benoit, he had a lot of integrity and was a good, family man. "He was really respected and really loved by everybody."

Booker T & Sharmell:
Chris Benoit was a tenacious rival, a gracious gentleman, and most of all, a wonderful friend. Booker and I had the honor of knowing Chris and his family for more than a decade, and our lives have been enriched ever since. While our hearts are saddened, we choose to celebrate Chris' life, his achievements, and his undying dedication to both this business, and to you the fans.

The "Rabid Wolverine" may be gone, but his legacy will not be forgetten.

Gregory Helms:
To my friend Chris Benoit R.I.P.

I was sitting here at my computer when I got a call informing me of the death of Chris Benoit and his family. Other than saying that my thoughts go out to to his remaining family, I don't know what to say. Chris had just called me on Thursday to check on me as he has every week since my surgery and now days later I find out that he's gone. He was my friend. This hurts! This f**ing sucks!!!! Rest in peace my friend! Love you!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10226 on: June 26, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »

I refuse to believe that he murdered his wife & son. Benoit was a family man and what motive would he have to kill his wife and let alone his 7 year old son who he adored deeply.

I don't care what investorgators say, I honestly believe he was innocent. He always came across as a genuine nice guy and always stopped to sign fans autographs no matter how many there were, which many wrestlers lack ability of these days.

Its all speculation right now man.. I hope these rumors are wrong.. But if its what happened we'll know soon...

RIP to all...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10227 on: June 26, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »

I think if its true that he killed his family and himself, tehre should be no reason not to celebrate his life and sell merchandise,etc...He was aviasly very troubled to do something like that and wasnt himself

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #10228 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »

In any crime, a suspect is innocent until proven guilty and until that time which it is confirmed how this happened we can only go on what we know. Your own personal opinion of someone should and does mean nothing in the relevance of this case. The only facts we have been given are that it was a 'double murder and suicide from within the building' which sounds onimous but does not prove conclusive. However if it is proven that Chris Benoit took the life of his child for whatever reason then no amount of 'good character' or 'legacy' should be used in anyway to distort the fact that he should be remembered as nothing more than a callous killer.

As for this business of 'they should have dropped the angle when sherri died' , WWE is a enterntainment company with scripts and actors, if someone who used to work in the film industry died would it be correct for all films that have someone dieing in them be pulled from release? Now obviously the Benoit thing is very different, with the circumstances and the fact that he was currently employed, in fact I feel a touch sorry for WWE who are now going to have to scrap their biggest angle in years but obviously it is nessecary.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10229 on: June 26, 2007, 11:09:04 AM »

In any crime, a suspect is innocent until proven guilty and until that time which it is confirmed how this happened we can only go on what we know. Your own personal opinion of someone should and does mean nothing in the relevance of this case. The only facts we have been given are that it was a 'double murder and suicide from within the building' which sounds onimous but does not prove conclusive. However if it is proven that Chris Benoit took the life of his child for whatever reason then no amount of 'good character' or 'legacy' should be used in anyway to distort the fact that he should be remembered as nothing more than a callous killer.

As for this business of 'they should have dropped the angle when sherri died' , WWE is a enterntainment company with scripts and actors, if someone who used to work in the film industry died would it be correct for all films that have someone dieing in them be pulled from release? Now obviously the Benoit thing is very different, with the circumstances and the fact that he was currently employed, in fact I feel a touch sorry for WWE who are now going to have to scrap their biggest angle in years but obviously it is nessecary.

very well said

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10230 on: June 26, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »

WHY?

Brandon Lee died filming the movie "THE CROW" and they still finished and released it and have made countless sequels.

Vince isn't the reason Benoit snapped and killed his family if he did.

Also I hate when people die and all of a sudden become overrated.

Benoit was a great in ring performer but he may barely scrape the top 20.

He isn't better than Eddie, Shawn Micheals, Triple H, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle and I may actually list him below Edge and Christian.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10231 on: June 26, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »

i can't say i totally agree with that. Benoit is far from a "callous killer" as you put it.

in fact I feel a touch sorry for WWE who are now going to have to scrap their biggest angle in years but obviously it is nessecary.

i know i feel the same way, this just goes to show alot of people that its just a mens soap opera, and ratings were going down as they were from what i heard (and thought(but mostly heard)) and this thing with Vince was gonna be a good attension getter and a ploy to get more ratings and to get more people into the WWE.

but i don't think it'll work this time. To bad too

you think they'll give away the story line as to who was supossed to go down for the murder of Vince? or will they just try to forget about it all and put in a locker or burn it or what?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10232 on: June 26, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »

Benoit wasn't the best but hes for sure in the top 10 and way fucking better than Edge and his dick fuck brother Angry

and he's not becoming "over ratted" he's just being remembered within a month we'll forget about it and move on then when it comes to next year at Wrestle Mania he'll be inducted into the hall of fame we'll remember him again and few more times and then sooner or later he'll be mensioned once or twice a year like eddie.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10233 on: June 26, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10234 on: June 26, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »

didn't they find Benoit sprawled out on the floor nto hanging in a weight room?

i don't know i'm just ASSuMEing thing at this point..........

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10235 on: June 26, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »

... they believe benoit to have murdered his wife saturday, son sunday and himself early monday

and on the fourth day he rested...

i'll never believe that, Benoit wasn't that kind of guy he wouldn't do that. They should be ashamed to think that he'd kill himself and his family Angry utter disrespect. But who would kill them? did Chris ever piss off anyone really bad. Or is it posible that it was a Carbon monoxide leak or a Argon leak or some gas Huh................

Benoit is far from a "callous killer" as you put it.

One of the biggest problems that I have with the invasive nature of the media (which is inclusive of tv stars and the like), alongisde the ammount of exposure that is generated from interviews, appearances and the like, is the extent to which this causes us to create a false notion that we actually know this person. It is difficult enough to know people that you have interacted with, spoken to and, most crucially, met personally in the real world. What then are the chances of having any idea what kind of person an individual who our closest experiences of are through a television or as part of a one in 10 x thousand audience?

I think that it is best where possible to reserve judgement of all people that it is impossible to know, for better or worse. While it is possible to learn various things about a person, be it a bad, good or evil action, this seldom leaves you with the ability to know what this individual is capable of.

Signing autographs for and shaking the hands of fans means little, and while it is noble that he took the time to do so, it is easy to look at like instances cynicallly and contemplate the benefit, for him, in terms of his image; as such you cannot use such instances as evidence of what Chris Benoit was really like and as such what he was capable of! Experience creates the person, and as you cannot know what Chris Benoit experienced in his life, you can have no comprehension of what lead him to this junction...

Of course, this does not make it any less suprising, shocking or deeply sad, but hey... Such is life, in as far as it's ability to suprise and shock, that you shouldn't act with such indignation that because it is unbelievable that it is not so!, because you do not, nor did ever know, Chris Benoit.

And it is this conviction that we see all the time with regard to celebrities, and what people believe that they would or wouldn't do, that was to be my main point, before I began to ramble, and now I'm not sure quite where I am.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:56:36 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10236 on: June 26, 2007, 12:54:30 PM »

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

Wow...Tragic  no

Stay off the roids kids  Cry
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10237 on: June 26, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »

If this is true then I have to wonder: how did his son not find out what had happened??

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10238 on: June 26, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »

If this is true then I have to wonder: how did his son not find out what had happened??

Who knows man.. Chris coulda just said "Mommy went away for a while..." A 7 year old will always listen to his dad...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10239 on: June 26, 2007, 01:08:35 PM »

i'll admit that i never knew him, hell, no one here did. But he just didn't seem like the kind of person that would do this it may seem stupid but you can kinda tell a murderer from a good guy. Benoit was a good guy a murderer is someone like Snitsky or that one other douche bag thats into vanpirism. Not Benoit.

but i guess all signs are pointing to a murder suicide i just can't fucking believe it ya know. It was just on the news channel i watch in Nebraska

Cry no

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: