Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  transformer's the movie from 1986
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: transformer's the movie from 1986  (Read 5256 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 25, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »

I saw it last night after 19 years. I finally got my hands on a copy.. Man that is one of my all time favorite animated series and movies.. The original matrix owned by optimus prime... Cool songs and great action..

Anyone else see it or fans of the series back in the day>?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 11:30:09 AM »

I saw it last night after 19 years. I finally got my hands on a copy.. Man that is one of my all time favorite animated series and movies.. The original matrix owned by optimus prime... Cool songs and great action..

Anyone else see it or fans of the series back in the day>?

I own the dvd (speaks as if its something to be proud of)

I also own the soundtrack (realises street cred is now all gone)

Its a kick ass film and a great 80's hair metal soundtrack - has one of the highest body counts of any children's film ever - a great way to bring in a new toyline - exterminate the old lot!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 11:39:53 AM »

I hated how optimus prime was offed so easily.. it's like I would watch the show weekly and guys would get shot up and then nothing of damage really happened but in the movie they dropped like flies..... The song when rodimus opens the matrix was cool, fit well... The weird al song for the planet of junk hihi I loved how star scream got blasted once and became fucking dust.. It was never the same for me though, the newer ones never did it for. galvatron and company...

Question remember that rocket ship trasnformer omega supreme.. What happened to him for the movie...??

I remember later on during the tv show I saw like the return of Prime... He was out ion space or something n wasn't dead..

Awesome movie, I'll probably watch it again today, it took me all these years to finaly see it again.. i remember going to the video store to rent it back then
some cool voices to, soke famous as well,  spok from trek, judd nelson of brat pack fame, scatman the cool black dude.. Loved him in zapped, that micro machines speed talker
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 11:41:34 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 12:14:26 PM »

"We have to shut down the BET!"

It's practically a comedy now!  I haven't seen this movie in a few years, I remember really liking it though.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 01:13:35 PM »

If I recall Bublebee says "Shit" on the Canadian Version

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »

he did or it was the human he was with.. Someone said it though
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 01:34:26 PM »

If I recall Bublebee says "Shit" on the Canadian Version

The human said that - quite why they put that in, seems weird even 20 years later......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnRNightrain
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 01:35:25 PM »

Classic, classic movie.  I watched it a year or two ago.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 03:51:22 PM »

the Transformers rule .

The movie in 1986 was classic it did everything that the show did just cranked up to the next level.

But I worried about the live action movie that Dreamworks is doing .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 04:32:28 PM »

I can't imagine another movie.. I tried to watch the new armada(SP) and I couldn't..

Movie was perfect and rocked for it's time.. never got into the next generation after so many favs died..

*roll out*
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 04:01:59 PM »

Remember watching this when i was younger and enjoying it but the memory was distant....

Then the other week i was over at my mates, he had the DVD, so i watched it and loved it, it all came flooding back i think it was like 1991 or 1992 the first time i ever watched this.

The soundtrack is fantastic as well.? The Stan Bush songs The Touch & Dare are some of the best 80s Hair Metal tunes ever!? It's since influenced me to get my hands on some Stan Bush albums, and there pretty damn good, up until a few weeks ago i did not even know who this dude was....

headbanger
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 06:14:32 PM »

''The touch'' is a kick ass anthem and surprisingly inspiring Smiley

At uni we managed to watch just about every 80's cartoon going - the amount of shredding and guitar solos - a whole generation was indoctrinated, no wonder i can't listen to rap! Check out the outro guitar work on Thundercats and King Arthur and he Knights of Justice, awesome stuff

What a time to be alive....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 07:44:53 PM »

Unfortunately by `86 I was outgrowing the Transformers. Loved the after school cartoons the year or two before though  Grin

It was funny as shit when I saw the toys for sale in the sunday paper, the pictures in the  sale ads never had them transformed right! 

And how strange of a look did you get when you asked your parents for transformers for X-Mas? They thought I wanted something along the lines of an electrical transformer, got funny looks for that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »

I loved the movie, and the series. I remember getting Megatron for Christmas when I was about 9 years old, and thought it was the coolest present ever. When I first opened the package, it was so complex I couldnt even transform it. My dad spent the whole day transforming it back and forth for me. rofl I remember going back to school after Christmas break, and alot of kids had Transformers. A few had Optimus Prime, and a few had others, but I was the only kid with Megatron.  Cool ok

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 11:37:39 AM »

I loved the movie, and the series. I remember getting Megatron for Christmas when I was about 9 years old, and thought it was the coolest present ever. When I first opened the package, it was so complex I couldnt even transform it. My dad spent the whole day transforming it back and forth for me. rofl I remember going back to school after Christmas break, and alot of kids had Transformers. A few had Optimus Prime, and a few had others, but I was the only kid with Megatron.? Cool ok

Good ol' Megatron - transforming into a gun smaller than he was....somewhere the laws of physics got lost in the animation

And how wonderfully bizarre to have the terrifying leader used as a weapon by the minions he usually sent to die - a satirical attack on our desk bound war making leaders perhaps? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 12:05:55 PM »

I like that movie so much that I bought the VHS but it was damage by my little niece  Cry
Anyway I'm waiting for the DVD to arrive in here but I doubt it will be coming soon enough, I'm not thrilled about the live action movie but I hope it rocks.
The music on the 86 is real class!  peace

No man can be my equal
lastroots
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 09:48:06 AM »

I just love it have. Have The Movie and all 98 episodes of Generation 1 on DVD. Am I the only one who really likes Galvatron? I always hated Megatron, but maybe that's because I started watching it as a kid beginning with season three, so Meg never played a role for me.

Also like the toys.  Cybertron and Alternators kinda rock, but it will never be as good as in the old days. My fav character is Soundwave, by the way.

/lastroots
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 07:58:51 PM »

I used to watch Transformers all the time when I was a kid.  Last year I rewatched the 1986 movie, and I have to say, it was incredibly stupid.  I mean, if you just take the dialogue alone, it's the dumbest kid movie jargon this side of Pokemon.  I've still got that nostalgiac attachment to it though.

But you guys are totally right with the soundtrack - that shit rocks!  I love the Stan Bush songs, especially "Touch".  Same goes for the Kick Axe track, "Nothin's Gonna Stand in Our Way".  Great hair metal songs, and good to work out to!
anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »

i watched it two years ago i was a big fan when i was a kid and what suprised me was how the fuck i understood what was going on when i was 7 on a re watch i realised how good it wasnt just like when you watch the A team Knightrider Dukes of Hazzard streethawk etc i know ill get slated for writing this but it is true sorry
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 07:41:54 AM »

A team Knightrider
You believe these 2 shows not to be good?  There a perfect slice of 80s cheese, re-runs of these bad boys are sooooo much better than the shit today, 'I Pity the fool.....you know the rest  Wink'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: