Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?  (Read 12713 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

Pandora, don't you think you are overreacting a bit here-seriously? No need to be so defensive and aggressive.

You think I'm being aggressive? Wow, I wonder what you would say if I was really being aggressive.

While they do have some poor questions and smartass answers, we also get good tidbits of info like Brain confirming, in his opinion, that Prostitute is one of the stronger tracks on the record. They also got Youth to comment on the song. One, he confirms the track exists,  two-essentially says it is on the record, and three- he comments on the quality of the song. Last time I checked nobody involved with this board gave us any info on tracks for the album. To me, that is the type of stuff that intrigues me and any fan who just simply wants to know about the new album.

It must mean I'm not that desperate for information then, because I don't really see what those tidbits bring us. If at least we had a more detailed description of the song, maybe it would capture my attention. But we don't  Undecided

Regardless, your hostility is ill-founded.  There have been people posting rumors, some knowingly posting false rumors, as long as GN'R message boards have existed.  This pre-dates, and will certainly post-date, the existence of Sp1at.  Perhaps your anger should be directed at those who do not respect the rules of this board.

Ali

My "anger", as you called it, can be directed at all kinds of things and people at the same time. Don't worry about that. The existence of sp1at doesn't distract me from the other troubles we might face here.

Unfortunately, there will always be people who will copy / paste anything they read on sp1at, so I guess I'll just lock the threads that are about rumours, and keep the rest open. Sometimes you have to eat shit and still grin.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »

sp1at is a big fat crock of shit......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:19 PM »

Truthfully, there is often long gaps between when something regarding Guns is posted. ?There has been a lot of stuff that was not posted. ?There is no written, or unwritten, policy of posting anything just to post something.

Ok. I'm just letting you know how it looks to me.

I also think it's not the rumors themselves that are problematic.? It's the lack of differentiation between fact and gossip, and the lack of respect for the rules of certain message boards that's the problem.

Sometimes the problem is that something you post as a rumor ends up on Blabbermouth and it suddenly seems more credible.

I've seen rumors posted here end up on sp1at and then on Blabbermouth. It doesn't make them more credible.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2005, 07:25:27 PM »

blabbermouth is just a hear say forum with a bunch of douchebag bashers..

Why not write a few good questions down for the group or the individuals and whoever emails them  see what they say for the hell of it..?

Bucket's parts staying?

if there is a tour will they need a third player to acompany them?

is anything going to happen in 2005?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2005, 07:59:08 PM »

Pandora, don't you think you are overreacting a bit here-seriously? No need to be so defensive and aggressive.

You think I'm being aggressive? Wow, I wonder what you would say if I was really being aggressive.

While they do have some poor questions and smartass answers, we also get good tidbits of info like Brain confirming, in his opinion, that Prostitute is one of the stronger tracks on the record. They also got Youth to comment on the song. One, he confirms the track exists,  two-essentially says it is on the record, and three- he comments on the quality of the song. Last time I checked nobody involved with this board gave us any info on tracks for the album. To me, that is the type of stuff that intrigues me and any fan who just simply wants to know about the new album.

It must mean I'm not that desperate for information then, because I don't really see what those tidbits bring us. If at least we had a more detailed description of the song, maybe it would capture my attention. But we don't  Undecided

Regardless, your hostility is ill-founded.  There have been people posting rumors, some knowingly posting false rumors, as long as GN'R message boards have existed.  This pre-dates, and will certainly post-date, the existence of Sp1at.  Perhaps your anger should be directed at those who do not respect the rules of this board.

Ali

My "anger", as you called it, can be directed at all kinds of things and people at the same time. Don't worry about that. The existence of sp1at doesn't distract me from the other troubles we might face here.

Unfortunately, there will always be people who will copy / paste anything they read on sp1at, so I guess I'll just lock the threads that are about rumours, and keep the rest open. Sometimes you have to eat shit and still grin.

Actually, I called it "hostility".

I just think that having hostility towards a board that has not done anything directly to disrespect this board and its rules seems unfounded.  People will always cut and paste rumors regarding GN'R from one forum to another.  That's always been the case and is not exclusive to Sp1at.  So, if you don't like rumors, I think the policy of closing threads that propagate rumors is a good idea. 

Personally, I've done what I can to prevent rumors from propagating onto this board and others.  I made one mistake a while back, and I regretted it and have tried to learn from it.

As far as wanting a more detailed description of the song "Prostitute", the administrator of Sp1at, when it was still known as the GN'R Rumour Board, got that from Paul Buckmaster.  He said it was a mid- to up-tempo with really aggressive guitars and a biting rhythm section.  He said that the addition of the string arrangement he wrote gave the song a "fire and ice" feel to it. 

Buckmaster working with GN'R on that song on and others can be checked just by looking at his CV:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:cw0-cYQKDqUJ:raystaar.com/mcdaniel/pdf/PAULBUCKMASTER.pdf%20%22paul%20buckmaster%22%20guns%20n%27roses&hl=en

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2005, 08:06:34 PM »

Truthfully, there is often long gaps between when something regarding Guns is posted.  There has been a lot of stuff that was not posted.  There is no written, or unwritten, policy of posting anything just to post something.

Ok. I'm just letting you know how it looks to me.

I also think it's not the rumors themselves that are problematic.  It's the lack of differentiation between fact and gossip, and the lack of respect for the rules of certain message boards that's the problem.

Sometimes the problem is that something you post as a rumor ends up on Blabbermouth and it suddenly seems more credible.

I've seen rumors posted here end up on sp1at and then on Blabbermouth. It doesn't make them more credible.....

/jarmo

That's cool, Jarmo.  I was just trying to set the record straight on what has and hasn't been posted and if there are any  policies regarding that.

You're absolutely right, I don't think a rumor that starts here and ends up on Blabbermouth gains any credibility.  It doesn't at all.

I see what you're saying how something can gain credibility as it propagates.  Personally, I made one mistake that resulted in that happening, and I regret it.  However, all anyone can do now is exercise more discretion in what they do and don't past, and discourage others from spreading rumors.  I also think that people should take some personal responsibility for what they believe and don't believe to be fact.  If being a fan of this band should have taught all of us anything at all, it's to don't believe it until you actually see it happen.

Ali
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2005, 07:00:24 AM »

Perhaps your anger should be directed at those who do not respect the rules of this board.

As far as wanting a more detailed description of the song "Prostitute", the administrator of Sp1at, when it was still known as the GN'R Rumour Board, got that from Paul Buckmaster.  He said it was a mid- to up-tempo with really aggressive guitars and a biting rhythm section.  He said that the addition of the string arrangement he wrote gave the song a "fire and ice" feel to it. 

As far as I remember, we were talking about Brain's comments, not Buckmaster's. All I'm saying is that Brain's comments on the song don't really add anything to what we already knew, therefore I don't personnally feel the "interview" brings anything to the table. It sure would have been interesting to hear what Brain's take on the song is.

madagas
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2005, 07:57:12 AM »

Pandora, that is the problem, you don't grin enough or bite your tongue-most of your responses to people are simply rude and defensive. If you want to be miserable all the time, that is your issue. But, you shouldn't always bring other people down as well. Communicating on a message board should be like communicating in person-simple etiquette would be nice. On topic, Brain's answer to the question coupled with Buckmaster's and Youth's comments-which I knew came from Splat-does excite me a bit. Quite a ball buster you are! Angry
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 09:30:03 AM by madagas » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2005, 09:23:46 AM »

Perhaps your anger should be directed at those who do not respect the rules of this board.

As far as I remember, we were talking about Brain's comments, not Buckmaster's. All I'm saying is that Brain's comments on the song don't really add anything to what we already knew, therefore I don't personnally feel the "interview" brings anything to the table. It sure would have been interesting to hear what Brain's take on the song is.

Ah, yes.  I stand corrected.  I did use the word anger in a previous post.

As far as Brain not describing the song, I thought you meant in general sense it would be more useful to put stock into Brain's comments if you had an idea what the song sounded like.

As far as getting Brain's description of the song, that may or may not be possible because of the confidentiality clauses, but it's worth asking.  If he says he can't answer that, then he can't answer it and the issue is dropped.

Ali
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2005, 09:31:04 AM »

Pandora, that is the problem, you don't grin enough or bite your tongue-most of your responses to people are simply rude and defensive. If you want to be miserable all the time, that is your issue. But, you shouldn't always bring other people down as well. Communicating on a message board should be like communicating in person-simple etiquette would be nice. On topic, Brain's answer to the question coupled with Buckmaster's comments-which I knew came from Splat-does excite me a bit. Quite a ball buster you are! Angry

I would like you to please point me to one of my comments that was rude. If memory serves right, I didn't use any swear word. If you have a problem with me having a strong opinion on an issue and defending it, then deal with it, because I'm not gonna change anytime soon.
And believe it or not, I'm quite a happy person in real life, thank you very much for caring  hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2005, 10:13:13 AM »

ok back to topic hihi

i think that interviews like this one with brain are totally gossip.

we don`t even know what`s sarcastic or what`s serious and we get barely news out of those interviews. that`s not only directed to brain, but also to most of the other gnr menbers interviews.
they aren?t allowed to say much, so we`ll hear the same over and over again until axl gives an interview.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2005, 10:21:48 AM »

Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?

well, i think we can agree that it is legit.

i don't see why people are arguing. if you don't like the site because you think the interviews are pointless, don't read it. but at least accept that some people find them at least somewhat interesting/humorous. even if you don't.

and if you're so frustrated because people post it here as news and you have to read it because you're a moderator, then maybe you should reevaluate your decision to become a moderator.

either that or stop fucking bitching and call the waaaambulance.

now you know me better
Ali
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2005, 10:52:52 AM »

Pandora, that is the problem, you don't grin enough or bite your tongue-most of your responses to people are simply rude and defensive. If you want to be miserable all the time, that is your issue. But, you shouldn't always bring other people down as well. Communicating on a message board should be like communicating in person-simple etiquette would be nice. On topic, Brain's answer to the question coupled with Buckmaster's comments-which I knew came from Splat-does excite me a bit. Quite a ball buster you are! Angry

I would like you to please point me to one of my comments that was rude. If memory serves right, I didn't use any swear word. If you have a problem with me having a strong opinion on an issue and defending it, then deal with it, because I'm not gonna change anytime soon.
And believe it or not, I'm quite a happy person in real life, thank you very much for caring  hihi

In all fairness, in a thread where someone cut and pasted a rumor regarding a possible X-mas release onto this board you said "fuck sp1at" in all caps.  IMO, when you say something like that in all caps, it can come off as aggressive and rude.

In this thread, no, you have not directed any profanities at anyone. ok

Ali
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »

Sp1at is a cool board? Cool
people feel (and are) free there. ?
thanks for the artwork thing, one of my topic will be submited to Merck, I appreciate it very much ok

Sp1at is the #1 GN'R website for me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 01:22:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
conny
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2005, 05:15:56 PM »

Well, my question has been answered. Thanks everyone.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »

loretian, since when is wanting to know the truth been seen as being hostile? When Brain, Robin, Tommy, or Richard answers a question, and their answer contradicts a previous statement, its your job as an interviewer to follow up on that. If you refuse to follow up, it just means your throwing softball questions at them and dont really care what the response is. In other words, Sp1at is the Larry King and Kathie Lee Gifford of the internet. And you will never be taken seriously.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2005, 05:39:51 PM »

loretian, since when is wanting to know the truth been seen as being hostile? When Brain, Robin, Tommy, or Richard answers a question, and their answer contradicts a previous statement, its your job as an interviewer to follow up on that. If you refuse to follow up, it just means your throwing softball questions at them and dont really care what the response is. In other words, Sp1at is the Larry King and Kathie Lee Gifford of the internet. And you will never be taken seriously.

James, it's hard to immediately follow-up a question when your interviews are conducted through e-mail.  Although, with Brain, one question was, "When was the last time you saw Axl?"  The follow-up was, "When you was the last time you talked to Axl?"

Ali
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »

dude,

here's clearly what happens:

sp1at emails tommy or dizzy or brain a series of questions. after tommy or dizzy or whoever answers the questions, they email them back. so it's not like they're doing a personal face-to-face interview, or even over the phone, where it is easy to have a follow-up question. a follow-up question would likely involve emailing someone again. and considering a follow-up question would likely be more confrontational, you're not likely to get an answer, and you're also not likely to get any further interviews.

it's not rocket science, man. of course they don't want to piss anyone off. i mean, they're lucky enough to get any response as it is. i'd like to see how far you'd get if you tried your tactic.

now you know me better
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2005, 06:02:35 PM »

The sad fact is that no-one, I not HTGTH, the NY Times, UK Times, Kerrang, Classic Rock, Sp1at can get a proper GN'R interview with Axl or any member of the band. The closest anyone gets is a Tommy interview, but only when its in his interest (i.e. to publicise VGH).

Considering the interest these forums foster in GNR I think that is a dissappointment. If Sp1at could get an interview then I'm sure they'd ask the proper questions and follow them up correctly. So as Axlgunner quite rightly says the best they can do is try to make contact with band members with short, succinct, and yes sometimes light hearted questions in order to try to maintain communication and try and keep some of us impatient fans interested until it all kicks off. If it ever does.

Here today...ready to rock
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2005, 06:35:44 PM »

There's nothing wrong with my "tactics". Those tactics are always used by the legitimate media. If members of GNR cant handle any real questions, then thats their problem. They shouldnt answer any questions if they cant take a little heat. Obviously, they cant go into alot of detail about CD. There's only one man on earth who can do that, and he aint talking. My issue with these interviews is how Sp!at basically is the only group that gets interviews with these guys right now, and nothing of substance comes out of it. Remember during the 2001 NBA finals when Axl showed up? Axl hadn't been seen in years, it was a once in a lifetime scoop for that reporter, and he asks Axl: "Are you for the Lakers-Sixers? How's the crowd?" I think that guy works for Sp1at. If the new members of GNR are mature, I'm sure they could handle a few tough questions. And Sp1at could ask the questions in a professional way, so it wouldnt be taken as hostile. I can imagine Axl giving Sp1at the scoop of the century, and tells Sp1at when CD is gonna be released. Then Sp1at asks him, " So Axl, what's your favorite color?" I know you Sp1atters might take my comments as "hostile", but they're not. Its just advice, in case you ever want to legitimize yourself.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: