Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:43:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?  (Read 12703 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:42 PM »

Well, Loretian, if you want Sp1at to be taken seriously, start asking better questions. CD is turning out to be one of the most interesting stories of the decade, and you ask questions that a junior high student would ask. If memory serves me correct, didn't you ask a GNR member about which member had the greatest ass? Thats moronic bullshit. Why not try getting to the heart of the matter. Ask something that has value. I know you cant ask specific questions about CD, but if you want any crediblility, next time you interview someone from GNR, ask about all the discrepancies and contridictions in all their statements over the past three years. That would be a VERY interesting question to ask. And alot of people would like to know the answer. And another thing, you have zero talent at follow up questions. When Richard mentioned that him and Robin were alternating between lead and rythmn, he set you up for the perfect question. You should have asked: If the music is done, as its been said many times in the past, why are you and Robin alternating between lead and rythmn? Yet, you just ignored his contradiction. Pretty fucking sad.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 09:32:41 PM »

Well, Loretian, if you want Sp1at to be taken seriously, start asking better questions. CD is turning out to be one of the most interesting stories of the decade, and you ask questions that a junior high student would ask. If memory serves me correct, didn't you ask a GNR member about which member had the greatest ass? Thats moronic bullshit. Why not try getting to the heart of the matter. Ask something that has value. I know you cant ask specific questions about CD, but if you want any crediblility, next time you interview someone from GNR, ask about all the discrepancies and contridictions in all their statements over the past three years. That would be a VERY interesting question to ask. And alot of people would like to know the answer. And another thing, you have zero talent at follow up questions. When Richard mentioned that him and Robin were alternating between lead and rythmn, he set you up for the perfect question. You should have asked: If the music is done, as its been said many times in the past, why are you and Robin alternating between lead and rythmn? Yet, you just ignored his contradiction. Pretty fucking sad.

First of all, as far as "being taken seriously", I am completely happy to have you to continue not take us seriously.? As long as this topic is open for debate here on HTGTH, I'll defend what we're doing, and respond to your arguments.? ?As has been proven, and stated, many people like what we do, and we'll continue to do it, even if you don't like it.

As far as the questions, I hope we can get better questions in the future, but there's a lot of things that are taken into consideration, and our number one priority is to maintain dialogue and keep the communication open.

?Anyway, I don't see all these so-called contradictions that you see.? I think you just take things out of perspective.? Until Axl says the album is done, it's not done.

Edit:? And in case you didn't notice, we do allow people to submit questions.? ?Generally speaking, we're not going to ask them hostile questions, and certainly none of us have any sort of attitude or belief that any of the band members owe us anything: albums, answers, explanations, anything at all.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 10:22:36 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2005, 09:38:50 PM »

Splat and any other website to me are just posters who know about as much as I do.

when i see news or rumors from "Sources" i never take it seriously.

Exactly.  D's got it right.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 09:46:31 PM »

Splat and any other website to me are just posters who know about as much as I do.

when i see news or rumors from "Sources" i never take it seriously.

Exactly.? D's got it right.

In terms of conny's original query and the basis for this thread, the question was, "how legit are the interviews?"  The interviews are legit, in that they really are the band members responding to the questions we've posed to them.

As far as our news items, and you guys not taking them seriously, I challenge you to present any false news items we've posted.  If you don't want to believe what we post, that's fine, but I certainly don't see any logical reason behind it.  In terms of our rumours, I think the fact that they're rumours is enough to begin with, and it's certainly not something we expect you to take seriously, or really believe it's going to happen.  If we actually thought it was going to happen, and really believed, it would be news, not rumours.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2005, 07:16:11 AM »

I realize you probably don't visit our website, the only news you get from our site is the news thats posted here, so you assume that we mostly cover Gn'R.

Read the news front page:  Of the 15 most recent items, 5 have to do with Gn'R or members of Gn'R.  That's certainly a decent portion of them, but we're not just about Gn'R, and we provide real coverage.  We came together because of our love for Gn'R - as fans - as well as other bands.  Gn'R is certainly the number one priority, but it's not the only thing sp1at is about. 

If you had read my previous comments, you would know I'm aware you cover other bands. And I see it as an attempt not too look too suspicious, but rather like "some sort of webzine", which would tend to lend you a little more credibility. Because 5 items out of 15 dealing with GN'R is a hell of a lot if you ask me, considering the number of bands which are out there.

Other than you not respecting us, what's the difference between us and any other webzine? 

Well, I've just taken a look at the first "news" page, and I don't think a serious webzine would post something something like "Heather Locklear semi-stalked Richie Sambora to get a date with him". Or maybe at least they would post it in the gossip section, because it's not exactly earth-shattering music news, is it?
I don't respect you because of your methods. I know you're going to scream bloody murder about this, but what you do is nothing short of Internet stalking. I mean, tracking down Axl's assistant from 15 years ago, what the fuck? I'm sure if you could interview the guy who mows Axl's friggin' lawn, you would do it !
I don't know exactly what you're trying to obtain though those "interviews", but it's quite obvious the members of the band won't answer any serious questions about CD. Apparently some of them didn't agree to answer your questions at all, although I'm sure you hit on them too (so to speak).
And please don't give me the "we're interested in those people for their solo endeavours", because I don't buy it. How interested were you in Bobot Adrenaline before finding out they were friends with Tommy?
Finally, I would like to say I'm not putting you down for being "just fans". Jarmo is just a fan as well, but I feel he made a respectable website and I appreciate his methods. Other fansites have also made a great job over the years.
Now I can rest my case. I don't mind you doing your thing on your side, but please don't let the things you post, especially the rumours, pollute this board over here. Thank you for your attention.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005, 08:26:56 AM »

All the people working on sp1at.com are aware of other people's privacy and feelings. They always think long and hard before contacting anyone, taking these factors into consideration. They are curteous and polite and if anyone does not want to answer questions, they are immediately granted their wish.

sp1at.com do not pester people for information they do not want to give.

Leading on from this, sp1at.com understands that band members have been asked every question possible about Chinese Democracy by various people including fans that post on this board and others. So.... they could pester the band members with these same questions again, getting the same answers again, or.... they can ask some more interesting and sometimes funny questions so we can hear a little about the members of GNR as individuals. If your not interested in that, then don't bother reading it.

When the time comes when band members can talk about Chinese Democracy, I'm sure that "more serious" questions will be asked.

As for rumours... The amount of rumours that have started on this board, reached other boards and spread around the internet before being labelled as pure speculation are countless. You can not avoid them. What sp1at do is have a seperate section for these so they are clearly labelled as rumours from the start.

@#$%Funker
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005, 10:00:17 AM »

I'm sorry, is this a GN'R message board?

This thread is ridiculous, or simply should be posted elsewhere on the board.

If you don't like or believe Sp1at then don't visit the site. Simple as.

Here today...ready to rock
madagas
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2005, 10:13:49 AM »

I am beginning to think that the majority of Gnr fans are complete morons. This is one of the most ridiculous threads EVER on this board. Just lock the thing and in the future delete all Splat related threads. And, at the same time, move every conversation in the Gnr section to dead horse because if there were no rumors and snippets from band members, then there is absolutely NOTHING to talk about in the Gnr world that hasn't been beaten to death. Unless of course you want to talk about the Gnr dream you had last night. Pandora, I suggest you take a look at some of the topics that show up around here. Some people are beginning to take themselves WAY too seriously.? Cry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:16:27 AM by madagas » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2005, 10:46:05 AM »

I don't visit it. But in case you didn't notice, a lot of their "news" and "rumours" end up here, so I don't have much choice but reading them.

Pandora, I suggest you take a look at some of the topics that show up around here.

As I said before, there are lots of threads on this board I don't necessarily agree with. When I see threads like "What happened to Axl's sexual conquests?", I can't say I don't find that ridiculous. But there's just so much you can do to moderate the whole fucking thing. And that applies to all mods in all sections (esp. the Jungle). If we can prevent those threads from ending up here instead of locking them, it will be all for the better.
Conny asked if we thought sp1at was legit : I don't think they are and I tried to argue my point. Now if some people think sp1at are so great, they are free to visit that website and post on their message board.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2005, 10:47:06 AM »

I don't bother going over to their stie, I just know it from being in the gnr community.. If it is as simple as some people sending mass emails to random members and posting whatever they get back as answers then I see no big deal... I think if the stories are shared with us then we should (unless you email them yourself already) maybe jot down a few basic questions to ask..

My questions would be

*has buckethead's part been redone or did they stay?*

*second would be if n when you tour will you need an extra guy for the guitar parts or can you handle it with just you two?*

*is anything suppose to happen in 2005?*

Nothing eath shattering but some basic stuff I'm sure we'd like to know..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2005, 11:14:22 AM »

I am beginning to think that the majority of Gnr fans are complete morons.
just starting to think that, where have you been...  hihi
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2005, 01:22:04 PM »

I mean it's cool, but why don't they just post a single picture with or an audio clip from a member?

Because they have none? It seems they conduct all their "interviews" via e-mail.

Anyone could come up with a website like this.

Exactly. Take a bunch of GN'R fans like you and me, let them make a relatively professional-looking website that covers other bands so as not to look too suspicious, shoot a few e-mails to band members through their official website, track down Axl's assistant from 15 years ago and god knows who else, and there you go, you've got sp1at ! And yes, you could do exactly the same if you had time on your hands.

OK, it's not exactly a secret I put absolutely zero faith in what sp1at say. But honestly, who can take seriously a website that posts things like "Is Axl going broke?" with no evidence, "Brain said Robin has a hot ass" (apparently they didn't notice Brain was making fun of their question), or lets their board members post Beta Lebeis' e-mail address and phone number, because, wow, she's selling sports cars on such and such website? Ludicrous.

Actually, we don't conduct all our interviews through e-mail.  Most yes, but not all.  As a matter a fact, I interviewed the director of a film that Dizzy will be appearing in, over the phone.  If you'd like, I could PM you with the URL for downloading it.

As far as your comment about us not noticing that Brain was joking when he said Robin has a hot ass, I think anyone with a brain would be able tell he was joking considering the question was "What do you think of Robin Finck as a guitar player?"

No one directly posted Beta's e-mail address or phone number.  As a mod, I would have deleted that immediately.  I agree that the question of whether or not Axl was going broke was not "news".  It was gossip based off the notion that some of his cars may or may not have been up for sale.

The Q&A with Richard Fortus was NOT done through his official website's e-mail address.  It was done through another e-mail address.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »

I don't visit it. But in case you didn't notice, a lot of their "news" and "rumours" end up here, so I don't have much choice but reading them.

Pandora, I suggest you take a look at some of the topics that show up around here.

As I said before, there are lots of threads on this board I don't necessarily agree with. When I see threads like "What happened to Axl's sexual conquests?", I can't say I don't find that ridiculous. But there's just so much you can do to moderate the whole fucking thing. And that applies to all mods in all sections (esp. the Jungle). If we can prevent those threads from ending up here instead of locking them, it will be all for the better.
Conny asked if we thought sp1at was legit : I don't think they are and I tried to argue my point. Now if some people think sp1at are so great, they are free to visit that website and post on their message board.

Actually, you do have a choice.  You didn't have to read this thread involving sp1at, but you chose to do so.  I have made a sticky post in the rumors section urging people to not cut and paste the rumors they read there onto other boards such as this one, out of respect for the wishes of this board.  I don't condone it, and I've asked people not to do it.  Beyond that, there's not much myself or anyone else at sp1at can do.

I can only speak for myself, but the only bit of news that I've passed along to Jarmo was a portion of a transcribed interview with the Director of Dizzy's film regarding Dizzy's work on the soundtrack and the director's experiences being a roadie for GN'R in 2001. 

Ali
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2005, 01:47:20 PM »

As far as your comment about us not noticing that Brain was joking when he said Robin has a hot ass, I think anyone with a brain would be able tell he was joking considering the question was "What do you think of Robin Finck as a guitar player?"

OK then. If Brain has to resort to that kind of answer, it means he's not willing to answer that type of question. If I were you I would take it as a sign that I shouldn't ask any GN'R-related questions anymore, but I guess the decision is up to you.

No one directly posted Beta's e-mail address or phone number.  As a mod, I would have deleted that immediately. 

All I know is someone posted a link to the website where she sold the cars. And on that website, you could find her details, which amounts to exactly the same.

I agree that the question of whether or not Axl was going broke was not "news".  It was gossip based off the notion that some of his cars may or may not have been up for sale.

Wow, then if I sell my car tomorrow, it has to mean I'm going broke ! That's typical of your very twisted line of reasoning. Not to mention Axl's finances are not much of our business.

The Q&A with Richard Fortus was NOT done through his official website's e-mail address.  It was done through another e-mail address.

Very good and well. What I said is people e-mailing him through his official address would probably get the same answers. After all, it says "e-mail Richard directly using this"  hihi

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2005, 01:51:08 PM »

Actually, you do have a choice.  You didn't have to read this thread involving sp1at, but you chose to do so. 

Take a look at what's written below my screenname : it says m.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r. As such, I must suffer the terrible plight of reading every thread in the sections I moderate.   Tongue

madagas
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »

Pandora, don't you think you are overreacting a bit here-seriously? No need to be so defensive and aggressive. While they do have some poor questions and smartass answers, we also get good tidbits of info like Brain confirming, in his opinion, that Prostitute is one of the stronger tracks on the record. They also got Youth to comment on the song. One, he confirms the track exists,  two-essentially says it is on the record, and three- he comments on the quality of the song. Last time I checked nobody involved with this board gave us any info on tracks for the album. To me, that is the type of stuff that intrigues me and any fan who just simply wants to know about the new album.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2005, 02:33:31 PM »

OK then. If Brain has to resort to that kind of answer, it means he's not willing to answer that type of question. If I were you I would take it as a sign that I shouldn't ask any GN'R-related questions anymore, but I guess the decision is up to you.

No one directly posted Beta's e-mail address or phone number.  As a mod, I would have deleted that immediately. 

All I know is someone posted a link to the website where she sold the cars. And on that website, you could find her details, which amounts to exactly the same.

I agree that the question of whether or not Axl was going broke was not "news".  It was gossip based off the notion that some of his cars may or may not have been up for sale.

Wow, then if I sell my car tomorrow, it has to mean I'm going broke ! That's typical of your very twisted line of reasoning. Not to mention Axl's finances are not much of our business.

Very good and well. What I said is people e-mailing him through his official address would probably get the same answers. After all, it says "e-mail Richard directly using this"  hihi

I'm merely trying to offer explanations for some of these things.  I am not the one who sent these questions to Brain or Richard Fortus.  I'm just offering a potential explanation. 

Furthermore, the notion that Brain won't answer GN'R related questions at all is just not accurate, because, as Madagas pointed out, he agreed with the notion that "Prostitute" is one of the stronger tracks on the record.

The posting of Axl possibly putting cars up for sale was also posted by someone other than me.  It wasn't my "twisted logic".  I didn't agree that the notion of putting cars up for sale means that someone is going broke.  Again, I'm just trying to offer a possible explanation.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2005, 02:39:36 PM »

Actually, you do have a choice.  You didn't have to read this thread involving sp1at, but you chose to do so. 

Take a look at what's written below my screenname : it says m.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r. As such, I must suffer the terrible plight of reading every thread in the sections I moderate.   Tongue

I misinterpreted what the responsibilities of a moderator on this board entails.  But, aren't there other mods?  I mean, if you despise Sp1at so much, why not leave it to one of the other mods to look over a thread involving Sp1at?

Regardless, your hostility is ill-founded.  There have been people posting rumors, some knowingly posting false rumors, as long as GN'R message boards have existed.  This pre-dates, and will certainly post-date, the existence of Sp1at.  Perhaps your anger should be directed at those who do not respect the rules of this board.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 03:30:37 PM »

I don't think the problem is the rumors themselves.

It's the fact that when they get posted on a message board, they're just rumors, but when they appear on sp1at, Blabbermouth or on the radio, they're suddenly more credible.

Sometimes when I read news stories on the above sites I wonder if people really are interested in what Scott Weiland was drinking that morning or how hot Robin's ass is.

I don't know how much material sp1at decides not to post, but sometimes it seems like they'll post anything just to have something.....

That's just my opinion.

I do something similar myself occasionally when I post something on the site after ten people have e-mailed me the same mention from some paper or web site. So I add it to the site even though I don't see the item as "news worthy".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »

I don't think the problem is the rumors themselves.

It's the fact that when they get posted on a message board, they're just rumors, but when they appear on sp1at, Blabbermouth or on the radio, they're suddenly more credible.

Sometimes when I read news stories on the above sites I wonder if people really are interested in what Scott Weiland was drinking that morning or how hot Robin's ass is.

I don't know how much material sp1at decides not to post, but sometimes it seems like they'll post anything just to have something.....

That's just my opinion.

I do something similar myself occasionally when I post something on the site after ten people have e-mailed me the same mention from some paper or web site. So I add it to the site even though I don't see the item as "news worthy".

/jarmo

Truthfully, there is often long gaps between when something regarding Guns is posted.  There has been a lot of stuff that was not posted.  There is no written, or unwritten, policy of posting anything just to post something. 

The whole thing about posting something about Robin's ass is kind of random, as someone (not one of the mods) wanted to know what Brain thought of Robin as a guitar player.  Instead of giving a straight answer, Brain decided to give a smartass, and in my opinion, very funny, answer to the question.  There's also no policy on gettin opinions on the asses of various bandmembers.  hihi

I also think it's not the rumors themselves that are problematic.  It's the lack of differentiation between fact and gossip, and the lack of respect for the rules of certain message boards that's the problem.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: