Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:22:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding "GN'R member answers quest." - how legit is sp1t.com?  (Read 12712 times)
conny
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »

I been checking out their site, and this ain't no professional journalism, is it? I mean it's not Rolling Stone or something...so what's the deal? Do they make up their "interviews" or are they for real?

I'm asking because they post all those "funny" interviews w/ Diz and Brain...

And some of that stuff just makes go WTF? Huh

Does anyone know if you can believe what they publish on their site or not?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:36:11 PM by conny » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 12:35:33 PM »

Its not impossible to get replies from band members. Whether Sp1at know them personally or not I'm not sure.

Here today...ready to rock
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 12:37:16 PM »

not legit anymore in my eyes
conny
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

Its not impossible to get replies from band members.

Sure, but the difference between a fan friendly one-liner or an actual interview is what I'm trying to find out.

Just so I can relax whenever the next "XY answers fan questions" comes up. ?Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 12:39:20 PM »

it could be some kid making everything up I wouldn't know any better.. Gigger seems like an ok dude so I don't know.. I never went to the site I only see what has been posted around..
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 12:42:40 PM »

Yes, the interviews are legit.? They're not exactly Rolling Stone interviews, but we're just trying to keep some dialogue with the band members going.

Anyway, they're fun, and it does allow the fans to ask some questions, even if they're not going to give us any really, really big news.

Btw, is this the right forum for this?  maybe so since it's about the Gn'R member interviews, but we could move the thread to the jungle, and I'd be happy to address all the complaints or issues that a lot of people seem to have about sp1at. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:48:36 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
conny
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 12:47:18 PM »

Yes, the interviews are legit.? They're not exactly Rolling Stone interviews, but we're just trying to keep some dialogue with the band members going.

How do you know? I mean it's cool, but why don't they just post a single picture with or an audio clip from a member?

Anyone could come up with a website like this.

Just because the band didn't deny anything posted there, doesn't mean it's legit.

loretian
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 12:50:46 PM »

How do you know? I mean it's cool, but why don't they just post a single picture with or an audio clip from a member?

Just because the band didn't deny anything posted there, doesn't mean it's legit.

I know because I work on the website with them...

Seriously, if you really don't believe it, you can ask the right people and find out for sure.   ok

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »

Unless you hear an offical statement from Axl, take everything with a grain of salt.
Their interviewers suck since they have never heard of the term follow up question

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 12:58:34 PM »

I think they're alright, myself.  Hell, it's not hurting anything, and if they we're fake, I think GNR management would step in.  With Sp1at interviews being on Blabbermouth and in Ultimate Guitar, Merck would of said something if they we're fake.  Let em do there thing. smoking 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 12:59:53 PM »

Unless you hear an offical statement from Axl, take everything with a grain of salt.
Their interviewers suck since they have never heard of the term follow up question

one of the few times I agree.. Like toddlers ask the questions... What ever happened to making a great list of questions and asking either way?? I appreciate people making the effort but with the wait the questioning could be kicked up a notch ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 01:02:51 PM »

I think they're alright, myself.? Hell, it's not hurting anything, and if they we're fake, I think GNR management would step in.? With Sp1at interviews being on Blabbermouth and in Ultimate Guitar, Merck would of said something if they we're fake.? Let em do there thing. smoking?

these days magazines and rock websites just take other people's "hear say" and report it as news.. Why wopuld merck ever step in these questions are so vague that the answers are meaningless and reveal nothing
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 01:05:20 PM »

I think they're alright, myself.? Hell, it's not hurting anything, and if they we're fake, I think GNR management would step in.? With Sp1at interviews being on Blabbermouth and in Ultimate Guitar, Merck would of said something if they we're fake.? Let em do there thing. smoking?

these days magazines and rock websites just take other people's "hear say" and report it as news.. Why wopuld merck ever step in these questions are so vague that the answers are meaningless and reveal nothing

Yes Sp1at did reveal something.  Brain told Sp1at that there are NO I repeat NO bongos on the album.

Cheesy

loretian
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 01:06:21 PM »

The interviews are not meant to "reveal" anything. I mean, it would be cool if one of them told us the release date to Chinese Democracy, but is that really going to happen? ?I kinda doubt it....

The only person that can give us the info we want is Axl, and that's not what these interviews are about. ?Believe it or not, but some people are actually interested in the members as musicians and what they're doing in their lives, beyond Chinese Democracy.

patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 01:18:52 PM »

The interviews are not meant to "reveal" anything. I mean, it would be cool if one of them told us the release date to Chinese Democracy, but is that really going to happen? ?I kinda doubt it....

The only person that can give us the info we want is Axl, and that's not what these interviews are about. ?Believe it or not, but some people are actually interested in the members as musicians and what they're doing in their lives, beyond Chinese Democracy.

And Axl Rose is not a member i suppose and no one want to know what he`s been doing in his life?Huh....

Rock on  peace

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 01:22:06 PM »

I mean it's cool, but why don't they just post a single picture with or an audio clip from a member?

Because they have none? It seems they conduct all their "interviews" via e-mail.

Exactly. Take a bunch of GN'R fans like you and me, let them make a relatively professional-looking website that covers other bands so as not to look too suspicious, shoot a few e-mails to band members through their official website, track down Axl's assistant from 15 years ago and god knows who else, and there you go, you've got sp1at ! And yes, you could do exactly the same if you had time on your hands.

OK, it's not exactly a secret I put absolutely zero faith in what sp1at say. But honestly, who can take seriously a website that posts things like "Is Axl going broke?" with no evidence, "Brain said Robin has a hot ass" (apparently they didn't notice Brain was making fun of their question), or lets their board members post Beta Lebeis' e-mail address and phone number, because, wow, she's selling sports cars on such and such website? Ludicrous.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 01:28:16 PM »

And Axl Rose is not a member i suppose and no one want to know what he`s been doing in his life?Huh....

Rock on? peace

well no one can get him.. Wonder what happened to the 10 questions for axl thingy..
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 01:55:51 PM »

I don't believe them - Sp1at, they seem to be the ones that start 'rumors'
conny
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 01:56:22 PM »

Seriously, if you really don't believe it, you can ask the right people and find out for sure.? ?ok

When I read like Rolling Stone or Kerrang for example, it's not my job to dig up the editor's / writer's sources and stuff.

For me it's just obvious that no one at sp1t ever really SPOKE to a GN'R member.

It's not too hard getting a one liner. But selling that as an "interview" is a whole other level. I mean some fans got more serious and elaborate replies from just asking Tommy or Dizzy at gigs.

@ Pandora

That comment about Robin's ass (if it ever happened) was way more funny than "It's a band as long as I'm getting paid." What I'm saying is that sp1t really enters a sensitive level there. If Axl reads that shit and takes it the wrong way, sp1t could have bought GN'R a new drummer with that "interview". Well maybe not that dramatic, but do you know what I mean?
loretian
VIP

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 02:03:32 PM »

When I read like Rolling Stone or Kerrang for example, it's not my job to dig up the editor's / writer's sources and stuff.

Well, I understand that, but I'm not exactly sure what else to say.

It's not too hard getting a one liner. But selling that as an "interview" is a whole other level. I mean some fans got more serious and elaborate replies from just asking Tommy or Dizzy at gigs.

Well, like I said, we're not exactly trying to get interviews like that.  We just want to keep dialogue with the bandmembers going and keep the interviews fun and light hearted.  It's a tiny bit of a bridge between the band and the fans, even if some fans seem to resent us for doing it. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: