Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  questions about the 2002 london show albums quote
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: questions about the 2002 london show albums quote  (Read 5881 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 11:40:50 AM »

Mike, it feels like 14 years because it is 14 years! I am an old fan too. Honestly, I have been waiting for the "new" Gnr record since 1994-give them a few years after Illusion to gather some ideas. So to me, the record is a decade in the making! Remember also the Sanctuary publishing deal press release-"dozens of new tracks recorded for Universal." Not an album, not two albums, not three albums but ALLEGEDLY dozens of songs. Hmmmmmm...just like Tommy so eloquently put it on the closing track of Village Gorilla Head-"someday something of use will come!" beer beer

ha I got excited when I first heard SFTD in 94 on my local rock station I was like the new gnr album will be out soon hihi

Those days were great..

hihi ok   but the days after weren`t that great i guess....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 11:43:10 AM »

Mike, it feels like 14 years because it is 14 years! I am an old fan too. Honestly, I have been waiting for the "new" Gnr record since 1994-give them a few years after Illusion to gather some ideas. So to me, the record is a decade in the making! Remember also the Sanctuary publishing deal press release-"dozens of new tracks recorded for Universal." Not an album, not two albums, not three albums but ALLEGEDLY dozens of songs. Hmmmmmm...just like Tommy so eloquently put it on the closing track of Village Gorilla Head-"someday something of use will come!" beer beer

ha I got excited when I first heard SFTD in 94 on my local rock station I was like the new gnr album will be out soon hihi

Those days were great..

hihi ok? ?but the days after weren`t that great i guess....

tose days are still happening  hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 12:46:20 PM »

Those days were great..

hihi ok   but the days after weren`t that great i guess....

tose days are still happening  hihi

i hope that those... days will be memories at some point peace

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!      ?.....wait
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:49:18 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 01:08:06 PM »

Those days were great..

hihi ok? ?but the days after weren`t that great i guess....
Yeah it sucked later but I still was glad to hear something on the radio.. I had a good run from 87 till 94...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 05:03:03 PM »

Mike, I never really believed the thing about the 3 albums. It isn't logical. Why work on 3 albums simultaneously without even releasing one? What if CD doesn't get a good response, he would just scrap the other two, right? Why waste all these years recording something that might later be irrelevant? He's also taking a big risk in this material being dated. Does he want 3 albums of that stature? This situation is just insane. He needs to get just one album out there and see what happens. It might open up alot of doors for him.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 05:11:11 PM »

Mike, I never really believed the thing about the 3 albums. It isn't logical. Why work on 3 albums simultaneously without even releasing one? What if CD doesn't get a good response, he would just scrap the other two, right? Why waste all these years recording something that might later be irrelevant? He's also taking a big risk in this material being dated. Does he want 3 albums of that stature? This situation is just insane. He needs to get just one album out there and see what happens. It might open up alot of doors for him.

well that's how I feel,, I would think he would have thrown one out there a little more quickly to see the reation..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 06:13:55 PM »

It makes perfect sense to me. A wide variety of sounds, styles and ideas have come from the new gnr sessions. It is also known that earlier on in the late 90's Axl wanted to do more industrial based music. But Axl also wants to do epics and rockers as well. Instead of just focusing on 1 thing he decided to take his time on everything. Hes putting all his eggs in 1 basket. If CD bombs it bombs.

Also by the time they released the first album it was already too late. i truly believe things became much more orgainzed when the band solidified. Once Axl got a band that gelled on and off stage he was able to look foward with touring and albums. That happened in 2001. Thats already a long ass time since TSI. SO he probably said, ok I have my band now Im gonna do what I want and "perfect" this material. So instead of releasing an album then touring then going back to the studio he has decided to do most of the music work before they tour.

So if they eventually do tour they dont have to go back in the studio and start another album over and try to be perfect again. They can talke a quick break, relax,make some minor adjustments or add a song on the follow ups then go out and do it all over again.

Im not saying the delays come from the follow up albums. But I think its importnat for people to realize that Axl and the band have not only been working on 1 album during this whole time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 06:23:06 PM »

does anyone think they might had been about ready in 1999 being he released oh my god on a soundtrack, then talked about cd and the songs we have heard are all from that time period?? The later on we are going to get an album with extra tracks, are those tracks just the original cd plan plus the live songs.??
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 06:40:01 PM »

Yeah, I also think something was gonna happen in 1999, but the worldwide shitty reaction to 'Oh My God' ended those dreams. I'll never understand why he picked such a crappy song for his comeback. Several other songs were mentioned back then, like 'The Blues','Prostitute', 'This I Love', and 'Catcher in the Rye'. If he would have picked any of the songs I just mentioned, specifically 'The Blues', I think things would have turned out much different. Also, the decision making regarding the soundtrack wasn't smart. Instead of burying a mediocre song in the soundtrack, he should have used a "Big Gun" and released it as a single from the soundtrack. Had 'The Blues' been released as a single/video in 1999, we would probably have CD playing in our stereos right as we speak. But maybe there wasn't enough material in 1999 for a full length album. But I would have been happy with an EP. So, in my opinion, the release of 'Oh My God' derailed the attempt at releasing an album. And something in 2002-04 caused the derailed train to screech to a halt.

AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 06:42:34 PM »

personally I think when Axl released oh my god and did that loder telephone interview he was kinda testing the waters a bit, maybe gearing up for his comeback, then oh my god disappeared from rock radio in like 2 days and I think that made him re-evaluate his plans, I think he's been second guessing himself ever since as far as his new material goes, which is why they played mostly old stuff on the tour

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »

AxlStaley, I completely agree. Axl couldn't deal with the negative reaction.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 06:53:58 PM »

aug 26th london arena quote...

I was just browsing along reading The Band that Time Forgot's new gnr tour/quote section and was really into this quote
After chinese democracy axl says "now there's been some concern..that if we play five or six new songs that there can't be many more on the album... Au contraire mon fre're! We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything... So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when the record company feels that has run it's course then you will get it all over again.. And by that time I should be done with the 3rd album..So we'll see how it goes boys and girls! And if uncle axl proves not to be an asshole-we'll have to wait and see, the jury is still out"

Ok that was all I was interested in and it was mostly the last sentences...

First the songs we have heard he says we're not considering putting out as single or anything.. Does that not as anything mean you'll never hear anything again from those songs?? Extra tracks might not be those so the live songs you have heard might be the only ones you get.... I always see people saying I wan the studio version of this that or the other... What's your thoughts on that.?

Second from what I have read it seems like they had the two albums done for quite a while and it appears the plan was to release one album then it runs it's course, then the second album again and while you had those two albums the band was suppose to be working on what I believe is Chinese Democracy. So imo we should have seen the two albums and while we waited and they toured or wahtever they would be completing the third and final album.. So by his words they weren't doing like people say three albums then release each one while touring per year...

of course he finishes with if uncle axl doesn't prove to be an asshole..? Did he throw that in because he knew he might just fuck the fans over? 'we'll have to see the jury is still out"? So can it be we might get nothing?? What was the jury, fan reactions?

So two albums were to run their course and the third album would be completed about when we got the last one.. Something sounds very wrong if you are into his quotes..

my head hearts Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 07:03:23 PM »

aug 26th london arena quote...

I was just browsing along reading The Band that Time Forgot's new gnr tour/quote section and was really into this quote
After chinese democracy axl says "now there's been some concern..that if we play five or six new songs that there can't be many more on the album... Au contraire mon fre're! We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything... So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when the record company feels that has run it's course then you will get it all over again.. And by that time I should be done with the 3rd album..So we'll see how it goes boys and girls! And if uncle axl proves not to be an asshole-we'll have to wait and see, the jury is still out"

Ok that was all I was interested in and it was mostly the last sentences...

First the songs we have heard he says we're not considering putting out as single or anything.. Does that not as anything mean you'll never hear anything again from those songs?? Extra tracks might not be those so the live songs you have heard might be the only ones you get.... I always see people saying I wan the studio version of this that or the other... What's your thoughts on that.?

Second from what I have read it seems like they had the two albums done for quite a while and it appears the plan was to release one album then it runs it's course, then the second album again and while you had those two albums the band was suppose to be working on what I believe is Chinese Democracy. So imo we should have seen the two albums and while we waited and they toured or wahtever they would be completing the third and final album.. So by his words they weren't doing like people say three albums then release each one while touring per year...

of course he finishes with if uncle axl doesn't prove to be an asshole..? Did he throw that in because he knew he might just fuck the fans over? 'we'll have to see the jury is still out"? So can it be we might get nothing?? What was the jury, fan reactions?

So two albums were to run their course and the third album would be completed about when we got the last one.. Something sounds very wrong if you are into his quotes..

my head hearts Undecided

why it was pretty simple to read... Maybe an axl's tights or his braides would have been alittl easier on ya Cheesy
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:57 PM »

no...i could read it just fine, its just you can go into Axls quotes all you like n' get into em' even more n' more....truth is you'll never figure it out man. Same shit....different day ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 09:21:41 AM »

Yeah, I also think something was gonna happen in 1999, but the worldwide shitty reaction to 'Oh My God' ended those dreams. I'll never understand why he picked such a crappy song for his comeback.
He didn't pick that song for his "comeback". Axl was approached to contribute a song to the soundtrack of whichever movie it was (End of Days?) and opted to let them have the demo of Oh My God.  That's it. End of story. If they'd wanted the track to get airplay they'd have released it as a single, you don't get on any station's playlist if you don't actually release anything Wink It was treated like what it was, a curio from a movie soundtrack.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 12:28:44 PM »

Yeah, I also think something was gonna happen in 1999, but the worldwide shitty reaction to 'Oh My God' ended those dreams. I'll never understand why he picked such a crappy song for his comeback.
He didn't pick that song for his "comeback". Axl was approached to contribute a song to the soundtrack of whichever movie it was (End of Days?) and opted to let them have the demo of Oh My God.? That's it. End of story. If they'd wanted the track to get airplay they'd have released it as a single, you don't get on any station's playlist if you don't actually release anything Wink It was treated like what it was, a curio from a movie soundtrack.

the radio treated it as a single./.... Believe me I use to hear it often for about three months in 99... people requestede it as the new gnr song..  it doesn't matter if it was a comeback or not, it was the first thing axl did for 6 years and this was new material something not seen since the illusions... Axl most likely thought the movie was going to do well, the soundtrack had people IN like Korn so it could have had a very big impact.. 1991 they had ycbm kicking ass to start before everything..
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 02:29:37 PM »

He didn't pick that song for his "comeback". Axl was approached to contribute a song to the soundtrack of whichever movie it was (End of Days?) and opted to let them have the demo of Oh My God.? That's it. End of story. If they'd wanted the track to get airplay they'd have released it as a single, you don't get on any station's playlist if you don't actually release anything Wink It was treated like what it was, a curio from a movie soundtrack.

the radio treated it as a single./.... Believe me I use to hear it often for about three months in 99... people requestede it as the new gnr song..? it doesn't matter if it was a comeback or not, it was the first thing axl did for 6 years and this was new material something not seen since the illusions... Axl most likely thought the movie was going to do well, the soundtrack had people IN like Korn so it could have had a very big impact.. 1991 they had ycbm kicking ass to start before everything..
None of that means anything as far as the album was concerned, which is what I was replying to. We know that there were no plans to release anything or tour in 1999/2000 because we know that there was only a handful of demos recorded and the band's line-up was in flux.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: