Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  questions about the 2002 london show albums quote
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: questions about the 2002 london show albums quote  (Read 5899 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 23, 2005, 07:34:08 AM »

aug 26th london arena quote...

I was just browsing along reading The Band that Time Forgot's new gnr tour/quote section and was really into this quote
After chinese democracy axl says "now there's been some concern..that if we play five or six new songs that there can't be many more on the album... Au contraire mon fre're! We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything... So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when the record company feels that has run it's course then you will get it all over again.. And by that time I should be done with the 3rd album..So we'll see how it goes boys and girls! And if uncle axl proves not to be an asshole-we'll have to wait and see, the jury is still out"

Ok that was all I was interested in and it was mostly the last sentences...

First the songs we have heard he says we're not considering putting out as single or anything.. Does that not as anything mean you'll never hear anything again from those songs?? Extra tracks might not be those so the live songs you have heard might be the only ones you get.... I always see people saying I wan the studio version of this that or the other... What's your thoughts on that.?

Second from what I have read it seems like they had the two albums done for quite a while and it appears the plan was to release one album then it runs it's course, then the second album again and while you had those two albums the band was suppose to be working on what I believe is Chinese Democracy. So imo we should have seen the two albums and while we waited and they toured or wahtever they would be completing the third and final album.. So by his words they weren't doing like people say three albums then release each one while touring per year...

of course he finishes with if uncle axl doesn't prove to be an asshole..  Did he throw that in because he knew he might just fuck the fans over? 'we'll have to see the jury is still out"  So can it be we might get nothing?? What was the jury, fan reactions?

So two albums were to run their course and the third album would be completed about when we got the last one.. Something sounds very wrong if you are into his quotes..
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 07:52:30 AM »

Chinese Democracy was always going to be the first album. It seems that the plan at the time was to get two albums out of the CD sessions, so that Axl would have covered his ass enabling the band to tour for as long as they wanted and still have plenty of time left over to make the third album. As for the jury being out on Axl being an asshole, I think it's a lighthearted comment about the possibility of the albums being commercially unsuccessful - and "asshole" and "Axl" are pretty much synonyms on the internet Tongue

I think we'll hear studio versions of some of the songs they played live in 2002, but the quote seems to suggest that they're just album tracks as opposed to super-hit singles, he's saying that they're second-tier material.   
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 07:53:37 AM »

aug 26th london arena quote...

I was just browsing along reading The Band that Time Forgot's new gnr tour/quote section and was really into this quote
After chinese democracy axl says "now there's been some concern..that if we play five or six new songs that there can't be many more on the album... Au contraire mon fre're! We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything... So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when the record company feels that has run it's course then you will get it all over again.. And by that time I should be done with the 3rd album..So we'll see how it goes boys and girls! And if uncle axl proves not to be an asshole-we'll have to wait and see, the jury is still out"

Ok that was all I was interested in and it was mostly the last sentences...

First the songs we have heard he says we're not considering putting out as single or anything.. Does that not as anything mean you'll never hear anything again from those songs?? Extra tracks might not be those so the live songs you have heard might be the only ones you get.... I always see people saying I wan the studio version of this that or the other... What's your thoughts on that.?

I personally think it just means that the song we have heard will be on the album, just not singles. We will still get them.

Second from what I have read it seems like they had the two albums done for quite a while and it appears the plan was to release one album then it runs it's course, then the second album again and while you had those two albums the band was suppose to be working on what I believe is Chinese Democracy. So imo we should have seen the two albums and while we waited and they toured or wahtever they would be completing the third and final album.. So by his words they weren't doing like people say three albums then release each one while touring per year...

Chinese Democracy is going to be the first album, not the 3rd. CD will get released first, then the other 2 (if they still plan on releasing 2 others)

of course he finishes with if uncle axl doesn't prove to be an asshole..  Did he throw that in because he knew he might just fuck the fans over? 'we'll have to see the jury is still out"  So can it be we might get nothing?? What was the jury, fan reactions?

So two albums were to run their course and the third album would be completed about when we got the last one.. Something sounds very wrong if you are into his quotes..

I think that was a joke. He knew alot of people out there thought he was an asshole and would never get the album out there.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 07:58:21 AM »

then if cd was to be either first or third then where's all the info about the other two albums.. I mean moby began work with axl on cd in 97 axl mentioned cd when oh my god-1999- came out so it would seem by press release or interviews that the main talks have really only been about cd or at least that is the only album with a name.. Basically all the questions from the late 90's until the vmas till the tour were only mentions of cd really. I know he had said he has two albums worth of material about 5 years ago.. it just seemed by this exact gig rant that he said you will ge two albums before the third is finished so if cd is third then the other two should have entered the new releases some time ago and the recordc company would be monitoring it's progress... So he wouldn't run out to make these three albums without getting some feed back from the first one at least..
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:36 AM »

then if cd was to be either first or third then where's all the info about the other two albums.. I mean moby began work with axl on cd in 97 axl mentioned cd when oh my god-1999- came out so it would seem by press release or interviews that the main talks have really only been about cd or at least that is the only album with a name.. Basically all the questions from the late 90's until the vmas till the tour were only mentions of cd really. I know he had said he has two albums worth of material about 5 years ago.. it just seemed by this exact gig rant that he said you will ge two albums before the third is finished so if cd is third then the other two should have entered the new releases some time ago and the recordc company would be monitoring it's progress... So he wouldn't run out to make these three albums without getting some feed back from the first one at least..

But CD isn't the third, it's the first. When they refer to the recording sessions for CD they're talking about all of the material which comes out of those sessions. If  a second album is produced from these recordings (a first album would be nice too!) then it could be made up of tracks recorded years ago. I remember Axl saying that the first album was to be a more traditional straight-ahead rocker while subsequent albums would show more modern influences, so it's clear that he had a blueprint for the band's progression which doesn't require fan feedback. I don't think it was originally the case that he intended to make two or three albums in one shot, it's just that so much time and money has gone into the recording of these sessions that it's necessary to get as much material out of them as possible in order to save face. 
madagas
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:56 AM »

that quote is 100% irrelevant now. Sad and HK summed it up nicely.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 08:12:39 AM »

But CD isn't the third, it's the first. When they refer to the recording sessions for CD they're talking about all of the material which comes out of those sessions. If? a second album is produced from these recordings (a first album would be nice too!) then it could be made up of tracks recorded years ago. I remember Axl saying that the first album was to be a more traditional straight-ahead rocker while subsequent albums would show more modern influences, so it's clear that he had a blueprint for the band's progression which doesn't require fan feedback. I don't think it was originally the case that he intended to make two or three albums in one shot, it's just that so much time and money has gone into the recording of these sessions that it's necessary to get as much material out of them as possible in order to save face.?

so if cd rocks and ever comes out that will be album one and then a second and as that happens the band will be working on a third..
I don;'t know why but I belive all the new songs we have heard were done by 1999 and they were going to be on cd but something changed..
Other times I thought he might have done 40 songs or somehwere around there and is just going to narow the songs down to make one album only..

The last part about saving face and getting as much material out there because of costs too.. I don't know man this album has been in the worksd longer then anything I have seen through my life.. You would think he'd want to get something out there and have some fun touring and get his mates something going..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 08:21:50 AM »

i listened to this "rant" and it axl sounds a bit weird i think...
it sounds like he isn`t serious, because he speaks very....  i don`t know how to say. if you listen to it, i guess you know what i mean. maybe that menas nothing, but maybe he didn`t mean it serious.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »

it sounds like he isn`t serious, because he speaks very....? i don`t know how to say. if you listen to it, i guess you know what i mean. maybe that menas nothing, but maybe he didn`t mean it serious.
I never heard it.. I just sometimes get bored and break out some gnr books and browse around reading random quotes.. This book is the only one I own with any new gnr quotes and I foud this interesting and the idea it's so long ago already.. Then you go to forums and read people's takes on the situation about album releases number of albums touring and so on.. I really wanted to know what people thought of this exact quote because it seemed to have evrything about albums..
madagas
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 08:46:48 AM »

Mike, here is all you need to know. 1. It is WELL documented that multiple albums of instrumentals are recorded. 2. All statements made two years ago or more have no bearing on what is going on today. 3. Whether or not you get one album or two or three or none depends SOLELY on Axl Rose. Absorb these facts, drink a beer, and just wait to see what happens. Debating about it, worrying about it, getting angry about it is useless at this point. When Axl decides he wants to release something, he will do it. Until then, well...... Undecided
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 08:48:09 AM »

To add I felt the oh my god track was a way to bring axl-gnr name- at least back into the spotlight thinking the new arnold movie might do good.. Then he did his interview with kurt loder in 99 too so to me he was testing the waters with a new song to see how it went then was going to release cd not to long after,, In his interview in 99 it seemed like he had quite a few tracks done and described the nature of the music.. All our songs are from 1999 so far or around there so he must have scrapped the plan adn those 10 extra tracks were the entire cd album that was oringinally going to come out.. Take your 5 songs he played then add the songs he already did for cd and that's the extra tracks...

All statements made two years ago or more have no bearing on what is going on today.
I know dude it's just discussion

3. Whether or not you get one album or two or three or none depends SOLELY on Axl Rose

you know dude the wait would be much more justifable for me if we got the extra albums, at least we could say well 7 years three albums is a good rate... it feels more like 14 years for new material with me..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:35:14 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 09:58:38 AM »

you know dude the wait would be much more justifable for me if we got the extra albums, at least we could say well 7 years three albums is a good rate... it feels more like 14 years for new material with me..

I'm with ya on that one.  About the 3 album thing. I never heard the audio of the quote but I always thought of it as Axl just saying stuff to see what kind of reaction he was getting. Well.... at first I was really excited but when the tour was cancelled then we heard nothing for 6 months then I just thought that it was bullshit.  Who knows maybe "the Powers that BE" are holding things up.  We have no Idea what is really going on in the GnR world, and that is the shittiest part, so we just sit and wait day after day for an announcement.  Hopefully one day we will find out what the fuck happened to Axl from 1994-whenever.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 10:13:28 AM »

it sounds like he isn`t serious, because he speaks very....  i don`t know how to say. if you listen to it, i guess you know what i mean. maybe that menas nothing, but maybe he didn`t mean it serious.
I understand what your saying, but the tone he was using or the voice he was using was just talking like in another person. You know how Axl likes to mock his critics or whatever.

you know dude the wait would be much more justifable for me if we got the extra albums, at least we could say well 7 years three albums is a good rate
You are finally seeing the light!

Being that they came up with all kinds of different sounds and styles during the sessions Axl decided that he might as well complete 2 albums before he gets back on the road. ANd it made perfect sense. Who knows what the plan is now but Im sure that the groundwork for that 2nd album is done as well.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 10:20:09 AM »

Being that they came up with all kinds of different sounds and styles during the sessions Axl decided that he might as well complete 2 albums before he gets back on the road. ANd it made perfect sense. Who knows what the plan is now but Im sure that the groundwork for that 2nd album is done as well.

Unless one of those albums happened to be the fabled re-release of AFD and the lawsuit is still ongoing

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 10:26:34 AM »

Unless one of those albums happened to be the fabled re-release of AFD and the lawsuit is still ongoing
its not because he said brand new tracks. I really dont think Axl wanted to release a re recorded AfD. I think people assumed that because he re did the album. But he did that because he wanted to see if the new band could play the old songs. NAd while he was doing that process of this long project he must have decided to just re do the album witht he new guys....

anyways...theres a shitload of material of all kinds of sounds and styles that is just waiting to be heard...cmon Axl!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 10:32:56 AM »

its not because he said brand new tracks. I really dont think Axl wanted to release a re recorded AfD. I think people assumed that because he re did the album. But he did that because he wanted to see if the new band could play the old songs. NAd while he was doing that process of this long project he must have decided to just re do the album witht he new guys....

anyways...theres a shitload of material of all kinds of sounds and styles that is just waiting to be heard...cmon Axl!

AMEN!!!!  ok

But something is holding up this motherfucker and I find it hard to believe it's because of Axl's erratic behavior. do you know what I mean?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 10:35:59 AM »

But something is holding up this motherfucker and I find it hard to believe it's because of Axl's erratic behavior. do you know what I mean?
I sure do. And thats what Im trying to get across. It might not be just about the music. We dont know what Axls goals and priorities are. i was saying this in another thread as well. We have no clue what Axl wants to do. Until we know the gameplan, we wont be able to understand the wait

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 10:40:13 AM »

I'm with ya on that one.  About the 3 album thing. I never heard the audio of the quote but I always thought of it as Axl just saying stuff to see what kind of reaction he was getting. Well.... at first I was really excited but when the tour was cancelled then we heard nothing for 6 months then I just thought that it was bullshit.  Who knows maybe "the Powers that BE" are holding things up.  We have no Idea what is really going on in the GnR world, and that is the shittiest part, so we just sit and wait day after day for an announcement.  Hopefully one day we will find out what the fuck happened to Axl from 1994-whenever.

I totally agree here too, I was very excited that Axl came back and thought that we would finally get something and yes as things got cancelled and we pretty much never heard from Axl again well that would make anyone start to doubt everything that Axl said in that brief time he was back.   Axl probably had these grandious ideas, 3 albums and all but somewhere whether it's Axl's doing or the fault of others all his plans got all messed up.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
madagas
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 10:41:15 AM »

Mike, it feels like 14 years because it is 14 years! I am an old fan too. Honestly, I have been waiting for the "new" Gnr record since 1994-give them a few years after Illusion to gather some ideas. So to me, the record is a decade in the making! Remember also the Sanctuary publishing deal press release-"dozens of new tracks recorded for Universal." Not an album, not two albums, not three albums but ALLEGEDLY dozens of songs. Hmmmmmm...just like Tommy so eloquently put it on the closing track of Village Gorilla Head-"someday something of use will come!" beer beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 10:44:29 AM »

Mike, it feels like 14 years because it is 14 years! I am an old fan too. Honestly, I have been waiting for the "new" Gnr record since 1994-give them a few years after Illusion to gather some ideas. So to me, the record is a decade in the making! Remember also the Sanctuary publishing deal press release-"dozens of new tracks recorded for Universal." Not an album, not two albums, not three albums but ALLEGEDLY dozens of songs. Hmmmmmm...just like Tommy so eloquently put it on the closing track of Village Gorilla Head-"someday something of use will come!" beer beer

ha I got excited when I first heard SFTD in 94 on my local rock station I was like the new gnr album will be out soon hihi

Those days were great..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: