Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)  (Read 24163 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2005, 05:09:17 PM »

I tend to give preference to the musicians over the management, as you know.? Tongue

I'd give the musicians the benefit of the doubt over Merck anyday.

That said, let's hope Richard's not getting his info from Splat, Blabbermouth and the like.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2005, 05:53:47 PM »

How about Les Paul as a new guitarist  hihi

Mick Mars named his son Les Paul. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »

Splat posted the complete interview with Richard Fortus: http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=534

I dunno if they allow me to put it here, so I'm sorry if it's wrong.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2005, 06:33:45 PM »

In my humble opinion, that should've been the news article. Wink

What is the latest news on Guns's forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy'?

Axl is still finishing up vocals on the record and I've heard rumours that it will be released before the end of the year. Only time will tell.

Wonder where he heard those rumors?  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2005, 06:50:17 PM »

If John 5 joined I wouldn't buy CD, he's a weird motherfucker? nervous

smoking Izzy? smoking

yeah, well so is Axl so go figure  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2005, 07:50:20 PM »

Finishing vocals? WTF.

Axl must really be lost vocally if he is still working on these. Maybe the Times was right, this has been in Axl's lap for a long, long time now.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2005, 07:51:51 PM »

What is the latest news on Guns's forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy'?

Axl is still finishing up vocals on the record

Still finishing up vocals?! OMFG!  Shocked

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2005, 09:15:24 PM »

Yes KillingVector, this is troubling news indeed. We aren't even close to seeing this album hit the record stores. Occasionally, someone in the GNR camp will say something that makes you realize how pathetic the situation really is. This is one of those times. I remember when Tommy was on tour and he made that remark about getting to hear music on CD that he hadn't heard in years. YEARS!! And then he went on to say that he didn't get to finish hearing it because he had other things to do. This would all be hysterical if we hadn't been waiting so long for it. Mark my words, some journalist is eventually going to blow the lid off this motherfucker and prove to the world that CD is nothing more than a fraud.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:02 PM »

finishing vocals?

Richard, are fucking kiddin?right?
Axl, are fucking kiddin?right?
Merck, they are are fucking kiddin?right?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2005, 09:46:41 PM »

Nope, they're not kiddin!!

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2005, 09:49:53 PM »

I'm still trying to digest what I've read.

Wouldnt this mean that 2005 is now  out of the question for a democracy release date?! It certainly means they havent mixed and mastered all the tracks .. they certainly havent pressed any copies yet .. so I guess no album art is done , the booklet etc etc .. no lyrics for the booklet can have been printed if axk is still doing vocals.

wow.

I had figured the album recording process was done months and months ago when tommy said he heard finished songs and stuff. This started off being small news of "no new guitarist yet" to now in my mind being huge news pretty much saying "no new album in 2005" , maybe a tour is possible but I cant honestly see how they could get an album out by years end if the recording still hasnt finished.  Cry

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2005, 09:56:11 PM »

I sincerly hope and pray that this does not mean we wont see CD this year

Perhaps Axl has finished the vocals and he just doesnt know as he isn't one of the 'three' in the know is he?

So really, Richards guess is as good as ours and all he has to go on regarding his own band are rumours like the rest of us?

Truly pathetic - it'd be fine if Axl would bite the bullet and admit this is a solo album with hired session musicians, but he is calling this Guns N' Roses for chrissakes and Guns N' Roses is/was a band

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2005, 09:59:23 PM »

Saul, you hit the nail on the head! 2005 is NOT the year of Guns N Roses. More than likely 2006 isn't the year either. We're in big trouble! I seriously dont think the GNR forums can handle several more years of waiting. In a thread from about a month ago, I stated that the forums would crumble once word got out that nothing was gonna happen. This news is gonna piss alot of people off. Some people might give up on CD completely.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2005, 10:05:48 PM »

Saul, you hit the nail on the head! 2005 is NOT the year of Guns N Roses. More than likely 2006 isn't the year either. We're in big trouble! I seriously dont think the GNR forums can handle several more years of waiting. In a thread from about a month ago, I stated that the forums would crumble once word got out that nothing was gonna happen. This news is gonna piss alot of people off. Some people might give up on CD completely.

its disappointing alright, although I dont think any of the other 'band members' have a clue whats going on so perhaps little weight or validity should be placed on Richards comments

if the album doesn't drop this year, I think Axl will have exhausted everyones patience including the record co.s
he will have also missed a golden opportunity to maximise on the current GNR renaissance going on not to mention a stronger shift back towards rock music that hasnt been seen since the early 90s

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2005, 10:10:26 PM »

Truly pathetic - it'd be fine if Axl would bite the bullet and admit this is a solo album with hired session musicians, but he is calling this Guns N' Roses for chrissakes and Guns N' Roses is/was a band

I always felt he is using the name because he knows the name alone will sell atleast one million copies and the label is probably pressuring him for an album with the name "guns n roses" on it.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2005, 10:21:21 PM »

I always felt he is using the name because he knows the name alone will sell atleast one million copies and the label is probably pressuring him for an album with the name "guns n roses" on it.

absolutley, can see the 'reasoning' behind it

IMO it becomes a farce when members of said band have to rely on rumours and clearly havent a clue what the story is

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2005, 10:25:36 PM »

Jimmy, the troubling aspect of this comment is that its the truth. In the past, whenever a hired gun is asked about it, they say all kinds of positive shit about it. Not this time. The GNR house of cards is about to fall! This simple statement confirms that everything said previously over the past year or two was bullshit! Remember it was 95% done? The only thing left was artwork? The album was in the final mixing stages? Now we've jumped into our GNR time machine back to 2002 with Axl working on vocals. It doesn't take a genius to see why Buckethead left. CD is a never ending joke, without the punchline. Earlier, I said a journalist would expose this as a fraud. Let me correct that. What can expose it is some simple truth by someone in the GNR camp.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2005, 10:28:50 PM »

A question for everyone, did anybody really expect to have an '05 release?

I mean for crying out loud, there's only been vague snippetts of news for a while now. ?Nothing concrete by any means outlining any sort of release date and no live activity since the '02 fiasco.

Not saying '05 is still out of the question, but it looks bleaker by the second.. ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:01 PM »

It doesn't take a genius to see why Buckethead left. CD is a never ending joke, without the punchline.

You could be right. Especially if he was asked not to spend time on his projects or other projects such as c2b3 because "somebody" wanted all of buckets riffs to himself.

But again , what if .. big what if ... what if axl actually did finish what he considered was the "album" , and handed it over only to have the label reject it because of the singing? Could that be possible?

LOL , slash made that comment way back that only two songs had finhsed vocals and most of us laughed and it became a joke ... I aint laughing anymore.  nervous

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2005, 10:33:12 PM »

A question for everyone, did anybody really expect to have an '05 release?

Yes , I really did.  yes

But again , I expected a 2001 release after rir3 ... no go.
Then I expected a 2002 release because of the tour and VMA's - no go.
Then I expected a 2003 release because - bleh .. why did I expect a 2003 release?
Then I expected a 2004 release because of the BTM rumor of "november 2004"
Then/Now I expect a 2005 release because , well , jesus .. axl isnt getting any younger , all the members keep saying "soon soon soon" .....

*SIGH*

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: