Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)  (Read 24158 times)
madagas
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2005, 10:56:54 AM »

It is not a news article or a rumor...it is simply a one line quote from a band member. Real simple. Splat does one thing well-they do get at least some responses from band members and people who have worked on the project at one time or the other. It seems like more so than all the other sites. It is not a lot of information but it is current dialogue from the band. The people from the message boards are the ones who twist and turn the words around to mean whatever suits their position on the new gnr. Blame the posters in this thread for over analyzing simple information-don't blame Splat.  rant
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2005, 11:00:42 AM »

It is not a news article or a rumor...it is simply a one line quote from a band member. Real simple. Splat does one thing well-they do get at least some responses from band members and people who have worked on the project at one time or the other. It seems like more so than all the other sites. It is not a lot of information but it is current dialogue from the band. The people from the message boards are the ones who twist and turn the words around to mean whatever suits their position on the new gnr. Blame the posters in this thread for over analyzing simple information-don't blame Splat.  rant

Thank you, Madagas!  Thank you very much.

It's really simple, all Fortus is saying is that at this time, there isn't a third guitarist.  That's it and that's all.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »

This is not a rumour, it's a news article.

Article my ass. Sp1at are not the New York Times as far as I know.

Bottom line, they don't want their stuff posted on any other board. How hard is that to understand?

In my opinion it's not a real news article. I mean, it's just a comment on a thing most of us have guessed, Buckethead hasn't been replaced yet.

I don't know how sp1at works, but it seems like they get a one line reply from somebody, add a few other old quotes and write a news article around it.

In any case, at least it's not a guess about when the album's gonna be released or something similar....

/jarmo

I can assure that it was not a one-line reply mixed together with older quotes in order to create a news story.  The bit about the guitar situation and Richard becoming a father was from a straight, simple Q&A with him.

I agree that the part about no new guitar player for GN'R not necessarily being news.  It was just an answer to a question posed in a Q&A session conducted through e-mail.  There was no manipulation of past and present quotes to create a story.

However, the bit about Richard becoming a father is news, good news.  Congratulations to him and his girlfriend!  beer

Ali
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:31 AM »

Richard Fortus was asked by us what the current guitarist situation is with GN'R.
He said, "At the moment Robin Finck and I are the only guitarists in the band. We switch off between lead and rhythm".

Merck Mercuriadis has previously told us that GN'R would only hire a new guitarist if the right person came along. Our choice, John 5, is yet to hear from the GN'R camp.

There will be more words from Richard Fortus soon, so stay tuned!

Edit:Made clear that this is a rumour from sp1at

Stop the presses! This Just in! According to Splat, their next 25 choices to replace BH,? Brian Setzer,? Ace Frehley, Ted Nugent,? George Thoroghgood, Vince Gill, Trey Anastasio, Arlen Roth, Alvin Lee, Link Wray, Reverend Horton Heat, Dave Gilmour, Malcolm Young, Glen Tipton, Dickie Betts, Ike Willis, Keith Urban, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page, Nils Lofgren, Nigel Tufnel, "Fast" Eddie Clark, Ronnie Woods, Tom Schulz, Dan Donegan, & Johnny Hiland have NOT, I repeat, HAVE NOT yet heard from the GnR camp.

They're following this breaking story closely, I've been assured, more "news" to come!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »

how does splat get all these questions to them?? DO they email them or call them or show up at gigs?? Is it real journalism or some dudes having a blast on the net?? I know they ask alot of stuff so why not write some good questions down and have a go at it even if they don't get answered..

Have the parts been redone that BH played.. ?If bh didn't leave would the album have come out during the rio 4 time, was that the time to launch a tour or was it just one show because axl personally loves it??
Ali
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:49 PM »

how does splat get all these questions to them?? DO they email them or call them or show up at gigs?? Is it real journalism or some dudes having a blast on the net?? I know they ask alot of stuff so why not write some good questions down and have a go at it even if they don't get answered..

Have the parts been redone that BH played.. ?If bh didn't leave would the album have come out during the rio 4 time, was that the time to launch a tour or was it just one show because axl personally loves it??

Usually through e-mail.

As far as the rest of your questions, I think only Axl and maybe his manager and Caram Constanzo know for sure.

Ali
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 12:20:40 PM »

Usually through e-mail.

As far as the rest of your questions, I think only Axl and maybe his manager and Caram Constanzo know for sure.

Ali

thanks you mean the other two guitar players or the band wouldn't know if axl was redoing the guitar parts??
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »

I respect the fact Sp1at try to make contact with the band members, after all we're all fans of GNR and its fun to think that we can interact a little with them.

Jarmo did a great job with Tommy, and I think this site needs some more of that, if only to keep interest up (or us from going mad) until there is a release date announced. I'm sure with Jarmo's / Mysterons connections this could be arranged.

On a slightly diffrent subject I believe that the profile of these band members is growing and could be used to great effect in promoting the new GNR. If they were allowed to open up a little and Axl showed support and interest in their activities in the lead up to the new album it would be a winning strategy. It may also stop the whole 'hired musicians' criticisms.

Here today...ready to rock
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2005, 12:32:34 PM »

On a slightly diffrent subject I believe that the profile of these band members is growing and could be used to great effect in promoting the new GNR. If they were allowed to open up a little and Axl showed support and interest in their activities in the lead up to the new album it would be a winning strategy. It may also stop the whole 'hired musicians' criticisms.
that would be key, if they were all doing seperate tours or whatever they could say cd is coming out by the years end and get a real jump start on promotion... But the idea no one says anything means they don't even have any near date set.. I think like us the guys in axl's band just hope one day it happens..
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2005, 12:38:25 PM »

I think like us the guys in axl's band just hope one day it happens..

maybe they read gnr boards everyday hoping to find out news and a release date!  hihi

hey , it aint so far fetched , axl found out about the european tour on the internet afterall.  rofl

Ali
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2005, 12:44:02 PM »

Usually through e-mail.

Ali

thanks you mean the other two guitar players or the band wouldn't know if axl was redoing the guitar parts??

First off Mike, this is just my opinion.  I don't have any information definitively one way or the other.  IMO, they probably would have heard had someone else recorded guitar parts for the album.  However, since they are not actively involved in the mixing and track selection, I don't think they'd know whether or not Bucket's parts remained on the album.

Just my opinion.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2005, 12:47:30 PM »

I can assure that it was not a one-line reply mixed together with older quotes in order to create a news story.? The bit about the guitar situation and Richard becoming a father was from a straight, simple Q&A with him.

This is the actual news article that was posted on sp1at:

Richard Fortus was asked by us what the current guitarist situation is with GN'R.
He said, "At the moment Robin Finck and I are the only guitarists in the band. We switch off between lead and rhythm".

Merck Mercuriadis has previously told us that GN'R would only hire a new guitarist if the right person came along. Our choice, John 5, is yet to hear from the GN'R camp.

I assume the Merck quote is older because it says "has previously told us". So to me it looked like you guys took Richard's quote and put it together with Merck's quote and then you have a news article.

I've noticed that Blabbermouth does the same thing when they have a really short news article..... The first paragraph is the actual news and then they add two paragraphs about things that have been reported earlier.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2005, 12:51:51 PM »

I guess it is "news" since alot of people were wondering if GNR had hired a new guitarist to replace Bucket .. and richard answered that , no they havent.  hihi

gnr news.  rofl

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2005, 12:55:39 PM »

it is news I just wish it would start or end already.. One it's on or it's off that would make my year,.. love
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2005, 01:00:52 PM »

Usually through e-mail.

Ali

First off Mike, this is just my opinion.? I don't have any information definitively one way or the other.? IMO, they probably would have heard had someone else recorded guitar parts for the album.? However, since they are not actively involved in the mixing and track selection, I don't think they'd know whether or not Bucket's parts remained on the album.

Just my opinion.

Ali

i didn't know you had sounded like you knew.sorry. I don't know everyone that works for the company so when you said by email I thought you might be someoent hat is involved and knew beer
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2005, 02:01:30 PM »

Didn't Merck say only 3 people knew what exactly is going on with GNR/CD?....

..not that I take anything the GNR Propaganda Lord says too seriously..

He said that, but he was wrong. Three people think they know what's going on, and one of them is Axl Rose  rofl
Ali
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2005, 02:07:16 PM »

I can assure that it was not a one-line reply mixed together with older quotes in order to create a news story.  The bit about the guitar situation and Richard becoming a father was from a straight, simple Q&A with him.

This is the actual news article that was posted on sp1at:

I assume the Merck quote is older because it says "has previously told us". So to me it looked like you guys took Richard's quote and put it together with Merck's quote and then you have a news article.

I've noticed that Blabbermouth does the same thing when they have a really short news article..... The first paragraph is the actual news and then they add two paragraphs about things that have been reported earlier.

/jarmo

Yes, Jarmo.  I see what you're saying.  I thought you meant that an older quote was "snuck in" there in order to beef up the story.  What I was trying to say is that there was no intentional "sneaking in" of an older quote to try make something of nothing.

I misunderstood what you meant is all.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2005, 03:32:09 PM »

Didn't Merck say only 3 people knew what exactly is going on with GNR/CD?....

..not that I take anything the GNR Propaganda Lord says too seriously..

He said that, but he was wrong. Three people think they know what's going on, and one of them is Axl Rose  rofl

Roll Eyes I might add that the GNR Propaganda Lord actually said the above was a fair assumption.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2005, 04:07:13 PM »

Roll Eyes I might add that the GNR Propaganda Lord actually said the above was a fair assumption.

rofl

Ya, I know. 

So it's a fair assumption the 2 remaining guitar players have no clue what's going on with band, right?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »

Well, I'm not sure.
At least Richard didn't say
"At the moment it's fair to assume that there are the only two guitarists in the band, who are Robin Finck and I.
I suppose we switch off between lead and rhythm".

I tend to give preference to the musicians over the management, as you know.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: