Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: sp1at Q&A with Richard (comments on guitarist situation and CD)  (Read 24156 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »

A question to whomever, why are most obsessed with the notion GNR has to employ a shredder?
very good question. I don't understand neither...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2005, 03:16:45 PM »

A question to whomever, why are most obsessed with the notion GNR has to employ a shredder?
very good question. I don't understand neither...

I could care less about shredder but if the songs have that type of playing then how can they do them live?
madagas
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2005, 03:20:46 PM »

Tommy and Brain said to THEIR knowledge Bucket's parts would stay. However, that was six months or more so ago! Dark Side of the Moon was recorded in less time! Bucket's parts could have came and went 3 times over in the last 6 months. Bucket also plays slower solos as well so the shredder thing is way too premature. I agree with Falcon that Axl would erase the parts...unless he wants to hold the door open for a return. Hmmmm. This whole Bucket saga reaks of conspiracy! I know what the official line is but..... Huh nervous
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2005, 03:24:10 PM »

But the only word we have is Tommy saying that Bucket's parts were going to remain. If we can believe Tommy is another story Smiley

It's not that I don't believe Tommy, I just can't see Axl leaving BH's parts on the record after the scathing press release portraying BH as opportunist..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
usurper
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2005, 03:41:03 PM »

But the only word we have is Tommy saying that Bucket's parts were going to remain. If we can believe Tommy is another story Smiley

It's not that I don't believe Tommy, I just can't see Axl leaving BH's parts on the record after the scathing press release portraying BH as opportunist..

Gotta agree with you there, Axl seemed quite bitter with Buckethead when he left
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2005, 03:54:10 PM »

Gotta agree with you there, Axl seemed quite bitter with Buckethead when he left

If bucket doesn't come back I'll be surprised if his stuff is on CD (cause I see Axl as unforgiving too) but like I said, Tommy said (and brain too I guess) his stuff is supposed to stay. If all bucket's stuff is on and it's crazy fast, then they need someone to play it live. And, personally, I can't see Finck or Fortus filling those shoes.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2005, 03:55:18 PM »

It was an odd press release; actually Axl seemed more confused about the situation than anything else. It wasn't bitterly scathing, but it did express second hand gossip that could be neutralized if the sides got together and talked about it. There is an opening for a reconciliation, but that would take some movement from this lumbering beast.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2005, 04:10:24 PM »

axl seemed puzzled and hurt more then anything when bh left in his rio speech..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2005, 04:14:38 PM »

It was an odd press release; actually Axl seemed more confused about the situation than anything else. It wasn't bitterly scathing, but it did express second hand gossip that could be neutralized if the sides got together and talked about it. There is an opening for a reconciliation, but that would take some movement from this lumbering beast.

Hmm, interesting take.

I seem to remember the tone of the release being less than kind, bitter even.

Personally, even though I enjoyed BH presence in the band, it just never seemed like a good fit. ?I'd actually prefer his parts be removed and the move ahead with Finck and Rochard..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2005, 04:17:28 PM »

axl was like ok get in touch with bh for rio4 we need to rehearse a little.. What do you mean he hasn't been in the band for 5 months, that's news to me..  There is a little shock value there..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2005, 04:24:49 PM »

I think otherwise. Cheesy
The first grousing paragraph was just like...as if he was on about himself, not about BH.
And then he said

"I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve."

Given Axl's tendency to hold grudges and cut off those who aren't on board 100% with his vision,
It's a popular belief.
A gossip spread with frills and embellishments of people's imagination and gets established.
a Likely story.  yes
does anyone really believe BH's parts will stay on the record?

Very Likely unless there have been changes since Tommy n Dizzy heard the final mix.
I'd rather believe Tommy than sheer hearsayers n such. yes

He plays pretty good fiddle on "the Devil Went Down to Georgia" song by The Charlie Daniels Band Grin but that Johnny is way better rofl rofl

That tune is killer. I love it.
I didn't know of the song so I checked it out and.....Oh shit! you were right.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 04:29:16 PM by ppbebe » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2005, 10:46:21 PM »

Please don't post news or Rumours from sp1at to other boards. Respect the wishes of Bigboss and Gigger.
Thank you.

That's been repeated several times, but some people seem to be unable to fathom that concept. Guess I'll soon have to start locking some threads again....

This is not a rumour, it's a news article.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:11 AM »

Article my ass. Sp1at are not the New York Times as far as I know.

Bottom line, they don't want their stuff posted on any other board. How hard is that to understand?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2005, 09:36:15 AM »

wouldn't tommy or richard just say we re did the parts if they did?? That's a prettysimple thing to answer when people ask them if BH is going to comeback or is he is getting replaced..
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2005, 09:52:49 AM »

That's a prettysimple thing

What? GNR and simple, are u on drugs?  Wink Axl has never done anything the simple way, never has, never will!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 09:53:15 AM »

wouldn't tommy or richard just say we re did the parts if they did?? That's a prettysimple thing to answer when people ask them if BH is going to comeback or is he is getting replaced..

Exactly!! ?Unless who is on lead is gonna be a big secret or they don't know what the fuck is going on or they have been sworn to secrecy under pain of death hihi

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2005, 09:57:31 AM »

Exactly!! ?Unless who is on lead is gonna be a big secret or they don't know what the fuck is going on or they have been sworn to secrecy under pain of death hihi
I think it's safe to assume that it's the second option.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2005, 10:22:48 AM »

why as fans can't we just know a little bit more.. ?? Axl pumped up cd to us and he came back with a new band just let us know what is going on being fans who visit gnr sites about eevryday looking for info about anything new..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2005, 10:31:46 AM »

Article my ass. Sp1at are not the New York Times as far as I know.

Bottom line, they don't want their stuff posted on any other board. How hard is that to understand?

In my opinion it's not a real news article. I mean, it's just a comment on a thing most of us have guessed, Buckethead hasn't been replaced yet.

I don't know how sp1at works, but it seems like they get a one line reply from somebody, add a few other old quotes and write a news article around it.

In any case, at least it's not a guess about when the album's gonna be released or something similar....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »

I think it's safe to assume that it's the second option.

For sure.

Didn't Merck say only 3 people knew what exactly is going on with GNR/CD?....

..not that I take anything the GNR Propaganda Lord says too seriously..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: