Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl  (Read 40185 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2005, 01:24:45 AM »

Kiss my Axl id jump but then who would support you ,your crackhead mom and your retarded little brother who eats his own shit and walks around goin "yabba yabba yabba"?

You make yourself seem like a really smart guy when you post shit like that.

Please save that kind of shit for the Bon Jovi boards.

Same goes for Kiss my Axl's comments. It's fucking pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2005, 01:34:36 AM »

Kiss my Axl id jump but then who would support you ,your crackhead mom and your retarded little brother who eats his own shit and walks around goin "yabba yabba yabba"?

Soundgarden are ok I guess but Mother Love Bone?

U would be happy if CD sounded like a MLB cd?

Its not dissing MLB per se

but Ive waited too long for CD and I think more a long the lines of Pink Floyd The Wall, Led Zepplin 4, The white Album u know?

not a fuckin MLB cd

that would be like me saying, If the new Bon Jovi cd is as good as Britny Fox, Ill be thrilled.

Cornell is a good vocalist but Axl Rose *to borrow from Pulp Fiction* isnt in the same ball park, the same league, he isnt even the same fuckin sport.

gotta disagree there (agree in MLB tho)

Cornell from a purely technical standpoint, has it all over Axl. You could argue however, that Axl sings with more personality or feeling, which in some part Id agree with

But I love Cornells voice and he sure has the range, and to reiterate, technically he's a better singer than Axl IMO.

But that's kind of futile, kinda like comparing Bucket to Slash etc...

Axl has better range than Cornell. Yes Axl said in the past that Chris burys me (axl), but Axl was just  being humble. Axl has like 8 different voices ,Chris has like two.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2005, 01:39:13 AM »

Some like Coke some like Pepsi.  They are both great vocalists but to say Cornell doesn't compare to Axl does show a vast degree of ignorance.  Personal opinion is that Layne Staley was better than both....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2005, 03:10:02 AM »

You make yourself seem like a really smart guy when you post shit like that.

Please save that kind of shit for the Bon Jovi boards.

Same goes for Kiss my Axl's comments. It's fucking pointless.

/jarmo

sorry

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2005, 03:11:02 AM »

Some like Coke some like Pepsi.? They are both great vocalists but to say Cornell doesn't compare to Axl does show a vast degree of ignorance.? Personal opinion is that Layne Staley was better than both....

U are gonna say something about ignorance and then say that last comment? personal opinion or not Layne Staley? are u serious?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »

D, Soundgarden has some songs that, if they weren't Soundgarden songs and were in Axl's arsenal of "Big Guns", you would definitely love them. 'Hands All Over', 'Nothing To Say', 'Room a Thousand Years Wide', '4th of July', 'Mailman', 'Head Down',etc. Maybe I was grasping at straws on the MLB comparison. But that is a kick ass album. MLB had alot of potential. If Andrew Wood had not died, Pearl Jam would have never existed.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2005, 01:41:01 PM »

D, other than GNR, who the fuck do you like?  All you do is bash other bands and people's opinions.  Staley's voice was perfect for the sound of AIC.  He kicked ass when he was younger, before the heroin grabbed hold.  You don't have to have world class pipes to be a good rock singer, look at Dylan, Hendrix, Neil Young, etc. 
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2005, 01:47:23 PM »

Personal opinion is that Layne Staley was better than both....

I'm with you on that, Staley's voice was flat out haunting.  His harmonies with Jerry Cantrell still give me chills.

It's all a matter of opinion, nobody's right or wrong..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2005, 03:21:58 PM »

D, Soundgarden has some songs that, if they weren't Soundgarden songs and were in Axl's arsenal of "Big Guns", you would definitely love them. 'Hands All Over', 'Nothing To Say', 'Room a Thousand Years Wide', '4th of July', 'Mailman', 'Head Down',etc. Maybe I was grasping at straws on the MLB comparison. But that is a kick ass album. MLB had alot of potential. If Andrew Wood had not died, Pearl Jam would have never existed.

Couldn't have said it better. And yes, Mother love bone had enormous potential.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »

LIke I said I wasnt tryin to diss MLB but when we are talkin about CD and the mystery and mystique and all that

I just aim a little higher than MLB which isnt even Cornells 2nd best band in my opinion.

I just thought you were aiming a little low with your expectations there.

voices are subjective no point in arguing at all.

I have never been a Soundgarden or AIC fan but I just think Layne Staley is completely overrated

the AIC's songs ive heard just werent anything special to me and as previously stated I just find Cornell boring.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2005, 04:38:27 PM »

D, I see what you're saying. Its your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But as far as expectations go, what are you really expecting? Something so mind expanding that our brains just explode at the first listen of CD? I think this type of thinking is one of the major problems in this CD saga, and might be one of the reasons it still hasn't been released. Axl should have named CD 'Unrealistic Expectations'. if you were Axl, and people were saying CD is The Wall,Physical Graffiti, Dark Side of the Moon, and UYI all in one, but 10 times better than the albums just mentioned, would YOU release it? People need to come back to planet Earth in terms of their hopes for CD. If people would take this advice, we might actually get an album 'soon'.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2005, 04:50:33 PM »

I think that if critics put CD on the same par as albums such as:  Soundgarden Badmotorfinger, AIC Dirt, Pearl Jam Vs, Radiohead OKC, NIN Downward Spiral and any of U2's recent stuff then we will have a solid album.  No more, no less. 
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »

I just aim a little higher than MLB which isnt even Cornells 2nd best band in my opinion.

I have to agree with this, but only because Cornell wasn't even in MLB Roll Eyes. Put down the Wonka Bar, D, and step away from the computer.

Its all just a matter of opinion. Relax.

I love Mother Love Bone but if Chinese Democracy sounds like something thats about 17 years old, I will be pissed. I think Cornell has an Amazing voice but most of the stuff that gets released as singles and videos do tend to sound alike. Dig alittle deeper and you will find much better songs than what you hear on the radio, jameslofton already gave some excellent examples.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2005, 05:38:43 PM »

Chris Cornell rocks and has a sense of humor. Something not enough "band" people have.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2005, 07:56:52 PM »

I want songs a notch above Madagascar and the Blues

I want those songs to for real be the album tracks and I want there to really be big guns

that will satisfy me.

Cornell wasnt in MLB?

then why the hell are we talkin about them for?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2005, 06:06:18 PM »

MLB was brought up because I said if CD is as good as the MLB album, we'll be pleased. Since you think Cornell was in MLB, you obviously haven't heard the album. You put them down without even hearing it. D, go check it out. You'll thank me for it.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2005, 08:53:25 PM »

my not the same ballpark league or sport comment was as an overall frontman

Cornell has pipes, I dont really dig him but he is extremely talented vocally. Now his frontman skills? He comes nowhere close to Axl in my opinion.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2005, 09:07:14 PM »

I want songs a notch above Madagascar and the Blues

I want those songs to for real be the album tracks and I want there to really be big guns

that will satisfy me.

Cornell wasnt in MLB?

then why the hell are we talkin about them for?

Cornell was in Temple of the Dog album, wasnt this a tribute to the singer of mother love bone?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2005, 09:23:32 PM »

Walapino, Temple of the Dog was a great album. Alot of GNR fans dont like to admit this, but there was several great albums that came from the shitty grunge era. Temple being one of them. I love the songs 'Wooden Jesus' and 'Four Walled World'.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »

Soundgarden are ok I guess but Mother Love Bone?

U would be happy if CD sounded like a MLB cd?

Its not dissing MLB per se

but Ive waited too long for CD and I think more a long the lines of Pink Floyd The Wall, Led Zepplin 4, The white Album u know?

not a fuckin MLB cd

that would be like me saying, If the new Bon Jovi cd is as good as Britny Fox, Ill be thrilled.

Cornell is a good vocalist but Axl Rose *to borrow from Pulp Fiction* isnt in the same ball park, the same league, he isnt even the same fuckin sport.

gotta disagree there (agree in MLB tho)

Cornell from a purely technical standpoint, has it all over Axl. You could argue however, that Axl sings with more personality or feeling, which in some part Id agree with

But I love Cornells voice and he sure has the range, and to reiterate, technically he's a better singer than Axl IMO.

But that's kind of futile, kinda like comparing Bucket to Slash etc...

Axl has better range than Cornell. Yes Axl said in the past that Chris burys me (axl), but Axl was just? being humble. Axl has like 8 different voices ,Chris has like two.

if that's actually your opinion, then you got your head stuck someplace that ain't right.
Chris covers all the areas of singing that Axl does, and more....BUT, Axl has a much cooler voice, more caresmatic(did I write that right?)!

another thing to put into considertation is that Chris was one of Shannon Hoons best friends....maybe that's why Axl liked him!?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: