Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I love question
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I love question  (Read 4888 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 07:36:01 PM »

2naFish, you make some good points, but I still disagree. When a film is made, there is more people up the chain of command besides the Director. There's the Producer, the company behind the film, and all the various investors. Someone in this group should have seen the potential of having this song included. There is a specific reason for the song not being included, and it isn't just the fact that the director wasn't interested. Some of these other people could have talked him into it, especially since the song itself would have been an excellent marketing tool. So what if the song didnt fit with the film, play it when the credits roll! The logic behind not including it doesn't make sense. Only positive things could have happened by the song being used. The movie would've been hyped just for the inclusion of GNR. Instead, it wound up being a film that few people watched and hardly no one remembers it. In fact, it will only be remembered by hardcore Robin Williams fans and people who remember it for the fact that it passed up a chance to use an Axl song after years of silence. By the way, I'm also surprised that the song didn't leak.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 07:47:54 PM »

heaviest does he mean like metal type heavy

or emotionally heavy?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 07:53:37 PM »

When Axl used the term 'heavy', I think he was referring to the lyrics, not the music. The song is supposed to be a ballad. Have you noticed how most new songs mentioned are usually thought to be ballads? Isn't 'Catcher in the Rye' supposed to be a ballad? When the official tracklist comes out, we should all make bets on how many ballads it has.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »

Axl likes those tear-jerkers. They bring in the babes man.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »

Well, it's been a slow night on the board tonight, so I got reading this thread again and thought Id bring it back from the dead to see what people still predict will come of this song...

The whole situation is rather ironic when you think about it...

I mean "the heaviest song" Axl has written didn't even make the soundtrack cut for the movie "What Dreams May Come" which sucked beyond belief, while Oh My God found a home on the Arnold Schwarzeneger movie, "End of Days" which similarily sucked beyond belief...

If we could go back in time, and had this song made the soundtrack, the whole timeline of Gn'R up to this point would have been drawn into question.

Put it this way...if the song became a huge success, Oh My God never would have surfaced, but what would have in it's place?

Chinese Democracy? An EP?

What do you guys think the aftermath of this song could have been? Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »

if it was successfull i think CD wouldve come out.

off topic (stupid question really) what does LP and EP stand for?

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
Evolution
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

EP stands for extended play. Basically too long to be a single and too short to be an album.

LP stands for long play I think, and refers to vinyl?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »

Well, it's been a slow night on the board tonight, so I got reading this thread again and thought Id bring it back from the dead to see what people still predict will come of this song...

The whole situation is rather ironic when you think about it...

I mean "the heaviest song" Axl has written didn't even make the soundtrack cut for the movie "What Dreams May Come" which sucked beyond belief, while Oh My God found a home on the Arnold Schwarzeneger movie, "End of Days" which similarily sucked beyond belief...

If we could go back in time, and had this song made the soundtrack, the whole timeline of Gn'R up to this point would have been drawn into question.

Put it this way...if the song became a huge success, Oh My God never would have surfaced, but what would have in it's place?

Chinese Democracy? An EP?

What do you guys think the aftermath of this song could have been? Undecided

Great post, and a great question. I think things now would be entirely different had Oh My God never been released. There's a thread somewhere around here from like a year ago where me and Mikegiuliana were talking about that. Oh My God obviously was a few steps backward for the band. Two albums were mentioned that year, and after the horrible reception Oh My God received, we got nothing. If This I Love had came out(and was a good song), Axl would have been more comfortable releasing the album(or albums). Right now, we would probably be waiting for album number 3.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:46 AM »

true a great song would have hlped their early success.... Who knows thought 1) the movie was awfull 2) the band has changed big time since oh my god came out 3) the time period for music was different (kind of limp kid rock manson shit) 4) Maybe that song wouldn't have fit end of days..

It's all guessing, either way after the vmas maddy should had been a single and he could have introduced it there
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »

Despite how long ago this song was allegedly written, I think it would be awesome if it surfaced on one of Axl's new albums after all these years...

A few years ago when Tommy said he was back in the studio listening to some mixes, and he refered to a few of the tracks as "mindblowingly good" which lead me to instantly believe one of them could now be a reworked version of This I Love...

But then again, maybe this song is from a time in Axl's life from which he's now lost interest in writing about, and thus it's destined for nothing more than to rot in his vault of gems... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: