Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:13:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228491 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Only Axl knows the facts (Sp1at article)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Only Axl knows the facts (Sp1at article)  (Read 6658 times)
Dust N Rose
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 07:07:05 AM »

I don't think the benefits of the promotion through leak are more than the drawbacks.
Leak equals lower sales.

Look what happened with Coldplay's new album.
madagas
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 08:12:30 AM »

James, Axl mentioned the tracklist being done in August 2002!
"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. " Before speculating all the time and asking questions which no one knows the answer to, people should just read the actual statements given by Axl and management. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 08:15:24 AM »

Before speculating all the time and asking questions which no one knows the answer to, people should just read the actual statements given by Axl and management. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs! - Axl Rose , January 2001

madagas
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 08:25:18 AM »

Exactly, nothing anybody says means anything until they announce a release date. Everything else is just the same bullshit that has been recycled since 1999. I will get excited when Geffen/Interscope and management formally announce the tracklist and release date. Until then, nothing has changed. Cool Cool
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 08:29:34 AM »

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that it is fair to assume that only he, Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo (engineer) know the full facts about forthcoming GN'R album, "Chinese Democracy", including details of the final tracklist. In 2004, Caram Costanzo similarly told Splat that only three people had full knowledge on GN'R's new album.
So, It's also fair to assume......Merck doesn't know a shit.
Oh I mean the full details of course.? rofl rofl rofl

Axl+Caram=2 persons? Where has the third person gone?

I think he ment himself, Axl and Caram...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 08:54:51 AM »

oops my bad. So I assume. Tongue
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2005, 09:16:21 AM »

James, Axl mentioned the tracklist being done in August 2002!
"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. "

i guess the process axl mentioned (there are a lot of new songs...) lasted longer than axl thought it would. i hope that it`s finished now and they`ll wrap up the baby now.....

and i don`t think that the message boards will die after the release. i mean we all are here 12 years after the last gnr album and we will also be here after the release of chinese democracy.(unless we don`t like it, but I WILL like it)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2005, 10:39:43 AM »

No I see the message boards blowing up.? Look what happened with the IRS leak.? Good thing Jarmo is getting help with the server issues.

Kitano
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2005, 11:19:11 AM »

So only three people know for sure what is happening?  So that's just three people who know that not alot is going on. Roll Eyes
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2005, 12:40:33 PM »

Don't anyone get their hopes up to high for an album by the end of the year.  I want it to happen just as much as everyone else and hopefully it does happen, but look how many times we've been let down before.  It would be interesting though, cause VR would have a new album coming out around the same time and I'm not trying to start a GNR vs. VR fight, we all know who's better.  I don't even know what to think anymore, lets just hope something happens this year.  Its been a long fucking wait and I can't imagine the feeling when the wait comes to a close.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 02:26:41 PM »

I haven't checked this site for ages, and this topic is why.  The most encouraging news for probably about 6 months is 'Merck says he supposes that Axl knows something about cd bla bla bla...'

Peeps, big bad Uncle Axl still has the real W.A. Rose locked up in an underground chamber somewhere in the Malibu hills.

no

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 02:46:23 PM »

I think the reason that the song writing process has taken so long is because he is having trouble creativly. I mean when someone gets to a point where everything has to be perfect, then what is perfect? Perfect can also change in their own minds. Im saying this because it seems to be a recurring pattern that Axl is a perfectionist. Even alice cooper said it about recording the garden.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: