Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 01:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Only Axl knows the facts (Sp1at article)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Only Axl knows the facts (Sp1at article)  (Read 6678 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« on: June 13, 2005, 05:52:55 PM »

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that it is fair to assume that only he, Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo (engineer) know the full facts about forthcoming GN'R album, "Chinese Democracy", including details of the final tracklist. In 2004, Caram Costanzo similarly told Splat that only three people had full knowledge on GN'R's new album.
Current band members have historically been criticised for their lack of knowledge on the seminal rockers new album, allegedly due out at the end of the year. However, it appears that the GN'R camp have keeping their cards close to their chest, and still are even at this advanced stage.

Written by bigboss

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »

Well, that means that the Rumour about Axl handed over tracks to Universal is fake?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 05:59:49 PM »

The use of the words "final tracklist" makes me a little optimistic. Have those words been used before when CD is discussed? And yes, NYTunz, it confirms that rumor to be bullshit. If Axl had handed the songs over already, surely more than 3 people would know about the album.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 06:03:46 PM »

The use of the words "final tracklist" makes me a little optimistic. Have those words been used before when CD is discussed? And yes, NYTunz, it confirms that rumor to be bullshit. If Axl had handed the songs over already, surely more than 3 people would know about the album.

So, if the "final trackist" will be handed to the record company soon, then the announcement should be near, i really hope this album DONT leak!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
smith13
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 06:05:18 PM »

true
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

NYTunz, I wouldn't want the whole album to leak either. But I would like to see at least 4 or 5 songs leak. It would speed up the albums release.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 06:09:25 PM »

NYTunz, I wouldn't want the whole album to leak either. But I would like to see at least 4 or 5 songs leak. It would speed up the albums release.

If anyting should leak, i hope its the final product of a song we already heard! Danm i wish Axl all the best luck in the world on this!

- Nytunz -

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 06:15:32 PM »

NYTunz, I partially agree with you. Hearing the songs we've already heard would be great, and we would have all the unknown songs to look forward to. But I would love to see one of those "earth shattering" songs to leak a couple months before release. It would bring alot of attention to CD. And if it truly is earth shattering, countless millions will be anticipating the release.

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 06:17:07 PM »

Id love to hear the FINISHED version of IRS, if anything at all.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 06:20:15 PM »

NYTunz, I partially agree with you. Hearing the songs we've already heard would be great, and we would have all the unknown songs to look forward to. But I would love to see one of those "earth shattering" songs to leak a couple months before release. It would bring alot of attention to CD. And if it truly is earth shattering, countless millions will be anticipating the release.

Well, true, i do belive that "if good songs" leak, then it actally is good promotion for the artists, i even think that recordcompanys leak the albume sometime, coz they know its good for the recordsales. But i wouldent change away the feeling, og putting Chinese Democracy in my cd player! where there is 15 new GNR songs that i have never heard before! Just sit in my "stressless" and listen the cd from A to Z

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 06:37:46 PM »

This confims what most have thought for a while now.

The band members themselves don't know much more than we do..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 06:43:35 PM »

I cant even imagine how long I will listen to CD continously. I will definitely hibernate for a few days and do nothing but listen to CD. I want to hear it with ZERO outside distractions. Just me, God, and CD. Nothing else. Although at some point when its released, I want to come to this site and see what you guys are saying about it. A good and bad thing about this album finally coming out is it will definitely bring closure to ALOT of people. Myself included. Many people will move on with their lives. The GNR forums will never be the same again. The forum will get a massive surge of activity in the weeks before and after its release. But after that, there probably wont be very many people posting anymore, unless some major GNR news occurs. Or a new tour starts. That would keep some people here. It will be interesting to see what Jarmo and the moderators do during that time. Maybe revamp the site or something? Who knows? When that bridge gets crossed, its something everyone should discuss if everyone wants to continue peak interest in the site.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 06:46:22 PM »

I cant even imagine how long I will listen to CD continously. I will definitely hibernate for a few days and do nothing but listen to CD. I want to hear it with ZERO outside distractions. Just me, God, and CD. Nothing else. Although at some point when its released, I want to come to this site and see what you guys are saying about it. A good and bad thing about this album finally coming out is it will definitely bring closure to ALOT of people. Myself included. Many people will move on with their lives. The GNR forums will never be the same again. The forum will get a massive surge of activity in the weeks before and after its release. But after that, there probably wont be very many people posting anymore, unless some major GNR news occurs. Or a new tour starts. That would keep some people here. It will be interesting to see what Jarmo and the moderators do during that time. Maybe revamp the site or something? Who knows? When that bridge gets crossed, its something everyone should discuss if everyone wants to continue peak interest in the site.

I guess we will start crying about a new album then..  Tongue Well, Axl promised 2 more albume over the next few years  Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 06:52:46 PM »

You hit the nail on the head with "closure," thats all we're looking for if nothing else.  I think people will still post here though, but it will be things like lyric discussion, tour info, etc.

The Devil hates a loser
estranged.1098
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 07:21:14 PM »

No, it confirms that the band members don't know the full facts, not that they know as little as we do.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 07:54:19 PM »

A good and bad thing about this album finally coming out is it will definitely bring closure to ALOT of people.The GNR forums will never be the same again. The forum will get a massive surge of activity in the weeks before and after its release. But after that, there probably wont be very many people posting anymore,
I agree and disagree. I agree about the closure part. Having CD in our hands and then being able to listen to it will definately bring some sort of closure to many people here.

I disagree about the moving on part. Unless CD is a horrible lsiten I doubt the fans that have been here and waiting will leave. A whole new can of worms will open once CD is in our hands. The debates, comparisons, song discussions...etc...that will go on for quite awhile. Throw that and a probable tour in the mix GNr will hopefully be around for awhile.

The day we get an official release and the day its finally in our hands is going to be an absolute amazing day. Not many albums will ever give us the emotion that we will take on that day. I just want that fukin day to come.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 07:55:52 PM »

No, it confirms that the band members don't know the full facts, not that they know as little as we do.

I didn't say they knew "as little as we do"....

See above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 04:33:08 AM »

I say they dontknow much so in case they quit they can't spill the beans.

This is obviously Axl's project

the band contributed their ideas but make no mistake a bout it, this isnt a democracy *no pun intended*

this is a dictatorship with axl calling all the shots.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 05:10:25 AM »

So, if the "final trackist" will be handed to the record company soon, then the announcement should be near, i really hope this album DONT leak!!

At this stage i think its the only way we will ever hear it -  i'm praying it does - c'mon, somebody steal the tapes!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 06:54:25 AM »

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that it is fair to assume that only he, Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo (engineer) know the full facts about forthcoming GN'R album, "Chinese Democracy", including details of the final tracklist. In 2004, Caram Costanzo similarly told Splat that only three people had full knowledge on GN'R's new album.
So, It's also fair to assume......Merck doesn't know a shit.
Oh I mean the full details of course.  rofl rofl rofl

Axl+Caram=2 persons? Where has the third person gone?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: