Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD didn't come out
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD didn't come out  (Read 4025 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: June 11, 2005, 08:28:12 PM »

Would you still frequent HTGTH and other GNR forums? Or would you forget about these sites and just move on with your lives? Could you still enjoy discussing GNR with fellow fans knowing that a new album wasn't coming? I'm just curious as to how you guys(and gals) would feel if we got bad news in relation to CD. Since alot of you think that the 'well is drying up' concerning GNR topics to talk about, I would like your opinions on this subject. Or lets say it does come out, but in five years. Can the GNR forums withstand that long of a wait? Or would the GNR online communities crumble?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:47:25 PM »

Considering that HTGTH wasn't started until 1996 and the last GNR album came out in 1993 (not counting the Live one), we've been "HERE" for eight plus years without an album.? And even if Axl himself came out today and said that he would NEVER release CD, I think that would start up a whole nother set of topics to keep this site and board going for atleast another eight years!?? yes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »

it depends on your idea of what gnr is, to me it will always be the original band so i guess I would still frequent boards and stuff.
If CD never comes out im sure the hired guys would be leaving in mass cuz the proyect would be dead.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:51:24 PM »

? Honestly, I'm a huge GNR fan (I wouldn't be here if I wasn't), but if I heard an announcement from Axl himself that CD isn't coming out, I'd be gone. ?I'm still here because no such announcement's been made. ?Plus, this wait is hilarious in itself. ?Every year my friends think I'm crazier and crazier for waiting on this album. ?IRS, CD, Maddy, and The Blues whetted my Appetite somethin' fierce!!! ?

beer

PS ?Only the craziest of the crazies would stick around if ol' Uncle Axl threw in the towel and retired. ?Sad ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:57:15 PM »

But Gypsy, all these years that the site has been here, there was always HOPE for a new album. If the CD rug got pulled out from under us, I think you would see a completely different atmosphere. If the wait goes on indefinitely, you will definitely see some sort of fan backlash.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 09:10:15 PM »

I agree that there would be some fan backlash but there's always been fans coming and going, right?
But the main reason I think that this site and board would go on for a good long time is because of all the "conspiracy" theories that would start, i.e., Axl's just trying to throw us off!? He's ready to release CD so he's telling us he's not!!!? Why else would he have waited 12 years to say he's pulling the plug?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 09:28:09 PM »

the album hasnt been out for the last 5 years and i still frequent a few boards so the answer to your quetion is yes.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 02:24:20 AM »

Yeah I see what you're saying, but those conspiracy theories would get old really quick. The next year is going to be VERY interesting. Not just concerning the state of CD, but also in concern to the GNR forums. There's gonna be alot of pissed off people when January 1 2006 comes and goes with no CD in sight. I really love this site, and Jarmo did an incredible thing by creating this site for GNR fans to mingle together. Every other message board pales in comparison to this one. And the other GNR sites are pretty good. But there has been a tremendous amount of pressure building in the GNR community for several years now. Something has to occur to relieve that pressure. Whether its CD release, a major leak of material, or at least a song or two on a soundtrack. SOMETHING has to happen, and 'soon'. At some point in time, Axl's fanbase is gonna explode. And it wont be a pretty sight when it happens.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 05:18:39 AM »

I would stop posting, I don't see the point of posting on a dead band's message board.

I know what you're gonna say, "it's already dead"

Well, I would say GNR is in a COMA.

That's one helluva conundrum right there. Should I stay or should I go ? Tongue

People have woken up from coma after years....... look at kill bill..

It leaves me wondering... yeah wondering..

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 05:33:44 AM »

Woody, I have to agree with you. I would probably stop posting also. I would check the site every now and then to see who's still here and to see what people could possibly be talking about. But I dont know if the board would completely die off. It would probably be similar to an 80's message board I check out once in a blue moon: A few people dreaming about the good old days.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 10:16:58 AM »

I don't think HTGTH will shut down anytime soon? no

Think how long it could go on just on how Axl would say CD is scrapped because he head that VR is breaking up and he wants to remove all of BH's stuff so Slash can be the new fourth guitarist?? Tongue

and what about all the lawsuit threads that'll keep HTGTH going? Lawsuits takes YEARS!!! ... Axl vs Interscope ... Axl vs Sanctuary ... Axl vs Merck ... Axl vs Robin/Tommy/Richard/Dizzy/Chris/Brain ...? hihi ?

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 10:20:47 AM »

But Gypsy, all these years that the site has been here, there was always HOPE for a new album. If the CD rug got pulled out from under us, I think you would see a completely different atmosphere. If the wait goes on indefinitely, you will definitely see some sort of fan backlash.

It seems to me that the level of frustration expressed by many members (including me at times) on this board already is "some sort of fan backlash."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 03:30:08 PM »

Krispy Kreme, I dont consider are posts venting our frustrations to be a "backlash". If large numbers of people left the forums and never came back, that would definitely be a backlash.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 03:44:40 PM »

james,  the entire world will crumble if it comes out or doesnt come out. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 04:14:44 PM »

I would still frequent the forum... Just for me I would consider new gnr to have neevr even happened.. Only a few people know it anyways.... No way I would give robin or tommy credit for 7=8 years in a band with no album.. if the album vame out in 2010 would I give them 10 years plus credit being in gnr?? no it's not a diss either, I doubt they would feel like they were gnr members either..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

Once CD is released I'll post my review, and then, you'll never see me again on GN'R forums. This chapter will be closed.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 04:39:41 PM »

if the album ever comes out the comparisons with vr will be endless and the forum will be so fucking annoying..
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »

i would stop posting.

Im a real fan of the origenal but im mainly here for the new band, waitin' for there next step. Thats why im here!!

CHINESE DEMOCRACY         Cool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2005, 04:50:36 PM »

Once CD is released I'll post my review, and then, you'll never see me again on GN'R forums. This chapter will be closed.

he, so true; I come here to find out when it's coming out... when it does you'll never see me again.

But there's a problem..they'll continue to say a new album is coming out...... so we'll wait again...and haunt the boards again..... zzzzzzzzzz, there's no way out. Unless axl dies.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »

he, so true; I come here to find out when it's coming out... when it does you'll never see me again.

But there's a problem..they'll continue to say a new album is coming out...... so we'll wait again...and haunt the boards again..... zzzzzzzzzz, there's no way out. Unless axl dies.

when axl goes in his will he will be burried with the only copy of cd hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: