Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Downloading Music - Good or Bad?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downloading Music - Good or Bad?  (Read 10673 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 04:26:29 PM »

Bands have a good idea, just not a good enough idea.

What they need to do is put their entire album up on their website for viewing, but have it streamed so no one can keep the downloads, that way they can sample the album but if they want a copy they have to buy it.

35 second clips do more harm than good, most songs to really enjoy u have to hear the whole thing and listen to it 3 or 4 good times to really connect with that piece of music.

If u stared at a painting for 10 seconds I dont think u could totally appreciate the depth of the work, and u sure as hell can appreciate the depth of a song with a shitty 35 second clip.

Best buy had NIN's new CD for 9.99, i didnt hesitate buying it and u all know how i use to bash NIN's.
now had that CD been 20 bucks? I wouldnt have bought it. Granted it is worth 20 but I wouldnt have gave them a chance at that price.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

What they need to do is put their entire album up on their website for viewing, but have it streamed so no one can keep the downloads, that way they can sample the album but if they want a copy they have to buy it.

35 second clips do more harm than good, most songs to really enjoy u have to hear the whole thing and listen to it 3 or 4 good times to really connect with that piece of music.

If u stared at a painting for 10 seconds I dont think u could totally appreciate the depth of the work, and u sure as hell can appreciate the depth of a song with a shitty 35 second clip.

Best buy had NIN's new CD for 9.99, i didnt hesitate buying it and u all know how i use to bash NIN's.
now had that CD been 20 bucks? I wouldnt have bought it. Granted it is worth 20 but I wouldnt have gave them a chance at that price.

Streaming is a good idea, but the trouble is - would people just use the streaming to hear the songs and still not buy it?

Maybe if it logged ur IP and then gave u x number of listens or a month of unlimited listens?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 05:11:23 PM »

Streaming is a good idea, but the trouble is - would people just use the streaming to hear the songs and still not buy it?

Maybe if it logged ur IP and then gave u x number of listens or a month of unlimited listens?

That would be a good Idea izzy.

I think they should have album streams.THough I think the one thing that would stop them is that probably after a week or so some one would hack it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 05:13:11 PM »

i dont know how they can justify sueing you like 100,000's of ?/$. Id say they should only be allowed to sue you up to about...say ?15. Dont know how much in dollars.

Think about that one again Roll Eyes

im reading it and your still making no sense izz-man. Shocked

Sigh - so u think a gang that copy albums, sell them on and make millions would be detered by a ?15 fine - do u honestly believe that would work?!?

Do u honestly believe ANYONE would be detered by a ?15 fine? Would u be detered by a fine that small?

Give alittle more thought to ur posts

They dont make millions.(well uk anyway) Its normally indian people that sell them super cheap and probably lose more than they earn. But think though, 1 person downloads one track and they charge that much money as a fine. Its pathetic really. Anyways if the music industry dislikes it that much then why dont they just drop prices. Pretty simple. They would make more money that way since more people would beleive it worth buying a original cd.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 05:13:31 PM »

I mean u could only listen on your computer, have it up for only a limited time, like maybe two weeks or something, if u wanted to hear it in your car or on your home stereo you wouldhave to buy it.

if an album is good Ill buy it.

artists who have one ]or two good songs  on a cd, i download.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 09:49:06 PM »

like i said i honestly dont have any trouble downlaoding music and i wont loose sleep over it. they have enough money.

the ironic thing is i want to go into the music business..... Undecided

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
psycotron
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2005, 02:52:22 AM »

at least i pay for music. i use allofmap3.com and u pay about $1.50 to download and album. i think downloaded may destroy music. eventually record companies wont have enough money and they will only sign crappy pop bands and no real rock n roll.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005, 03:48:54 AM »

at least i pay for music. i use allofmap3.com and u pay about $1.50 to download and album. i think downloaded may destroy music. eventually record companies wont have enough money and they will only sign crappy pop bands and no real rock n roll.

kind of what  is happening now eh?

record labels arent gonna risk money nowadays to release something risky and different.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005, 04:18:34 AM »

Man they sued a 12 year old girl ,They settled out of court for $2000

Taking candy from a baby!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 04:48:31 AM »

They dont make millions.(well uk anyway)

Of course they don't Roll Eyes And u have the reports to disprove my statement which is common knowledge - oh wait - no u don't

Its normally indian people that sell them super cheap and probably lose more than they earn.

Oh wonderful!

Ur a rascist too! Its all those immigrants isn't it, white people don't do that - fuck u

If they were losing money they wouldn't do it.....do u honestly believe they do this as a service to others? Geez, guess u didn't ace ur economics exam

But think though, 1 person downloads one track and they charge that much money as a fine.

They don't fine any one for one track - they fine people who have thousands and often tens of thousands of copied songs

Its pathetic really.

Ur forgetting its all the 'coloured's' fault.? Roll Eyes

Anyways if the music industry dislikes it that much then why dont they just drop prices. Pretty simple. They would make more money that way since more people would beleive it worth buying a original cd.

So u write a dubious reply - then conclude with what i said but phrase ur posts as a counter? Okay....

I thought ud just made a mistake - but now i realise ur a total loon

Its normally indian people that sell them super cheap and probably lose more than they earn

I can't believe u said that.

I notice ur 14 - so maybe ur just imature as opposed to stupid. I suggest if u do reply to try a little harder - and don't use racist language - for all u know i may be Indian
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 05:33:50 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2005, 04:54:07 AM »

like i said i honestly dont have any trouble downlaoding music and i wont loose sleep over it. they have enough money.

Well, we already know how confused u r - of course u don't have any trouble downloading music, you are immoral as ur praise of Hitler demonstrates all to easily

So i could steal ur wallet and justify it by saying - 'oh he's got enough money already, he won't miss a few thousand!'

Funny - when it happens to u i doubt u'll be so understanding

Ever thought that maybe the reason they have this money is through album sales?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2005, 06:30:06 AM »

how the fuck was what i said racist. Indian is not a racist word, that is there classification. I dont see why you had this stupid outburst at me since the question of this thread is whether you think it is good or bad.

Most the time when your at a market it is indians doing it. And i dont give a fuck whether you are indian, white or whatever.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2005, 06:44:40 AM »

Well, we already know how confused u r - of course u don't have any trouble downloading music, you are immoral as ur praise of Hitler demonstrates all to easily

So i could steal ur wallet and justify it by saying - 'oh he's got enough money already, he won't miss a few thousand!'

*bows* praise izzy the law abiding citizen.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2005, 02:17:42 PM »

how the fuck was what i said racist. Indian is not a racist word, that is there classification. I dont see why you had this stupid outburst at me since the question of this thread is whether you think it is good or bad.

Most the time when your at a market it is indians doing it. And i dont give a fuck whether you are indian, white or whatever.

That u can't even recognise what u've said as wrong is really very saddening - okay one more go then i'll leave u to ur ignorance

Lets briefly summarise what u've said so u can work it out ok

U believe a ?15 fine MAXIMUM is sufficient to deal with the problem of piracy, that it would stop the organised gangs and the regular downloader

U believe this illicit trade is largely carried out by Indian people...

U believe these gangs, these Indians, are so stupid they do it at a loss - that they actually use up there money to give this stuff away!
Its normally indian people that sell them super cheap and probably lose more than they earn

The u write this

I dont see why you had this stupid outburst at me

Are we slowly getting there?

Ur writing rubbish - if u don't believe me go ask someone else if piracy is all these 'evil' Indian people and a ?15 fine would stop them - go on. I'll be here waiting

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

im not calling them evil. I have no problem with them, im saying the percentage of all markets dudes that sell them are indians. Who cares, well you obviously.

You have completely blown this thing out of proportion. To be honest i dont care about piracy, people have been doing it since like the 60's when it comes to music. And i really dont care about these "organised gangs" that are making "millions".

html sucks
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »

The way I see it the Riia should only be able to charge people  99cents per song download on these lawsuits .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2005, 08:53:53 PM »

tour revenue, they get payed ever time their song is played on the radio, recodring studio deals, but ya your right, it mainly comes from record sales.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 07:45:12 AM »

That u can't even recognise what u've said as wrong is really very saddening - okay one more go then i'll leave u to ur ignorance

Lets briefly summarise what u've said so u can work it out ok

U believe a ?15 fine MAXIMUM is sufficient to deal with the problem of piracy, that it would stop the organised gangs and the regular downloader

U believe this illicit trade is largely carried out by Indian people...

U believe these gangs, these Indians, are so stupid they do it at a loss - that they actually use up there money to give this stuff away!

The u write this

I dont see why you had this stupid outburst at me

Are we slowly getting there?

Ur writing rubbish - if u don't believe me go ask someone else if piracy is all these 'evil' Indian people and a ?15 fine would stop them - go on. I'll be here waiting

Who dares me to ask if Izzy is for or aginst!!!!! hihi

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
MikeB
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2005, 08:29:16 PM »

The problem I have with downloading music , is I can only listen to it for so long, I'll get tired of the music so much faster. Like when we first bought our computer , all I did was download music , I wouldn't of had bought a cd in such a long time. 6 months later I had a bunch of cd's with music I downloaded on them , I didn't listen to though. But the regular albums I just bought a very long time ago,I still listen to them  and they sound like I got them yesterday. So I think what my problem is or maybe others , when I get music for free out of a machine , I don't appreciate it as much as actually bought albums.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:32:44 PM by MikeB » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: