Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite for Production.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite for Production.  (Read 8894 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 02:37:13 AM »

Yeah TSI seemed the most pleasant to listen to... hence always got more playing time with me than illusions.  Almost more than AFD. 

UYI's:  Overproduction may have seemed right for songs like Estranged but didn't quite work for me for songs like Garden of Eden/ Shotgun blues, I would have liked a more TSI sound.

Oh My God?  Oh My Fucking God what were they thinking? Distortion on Axls vocals?   Are the mids lacking?   The drumbeat sounds cool but the drums just don't sound right.   Wait wait I get it... thats the industial sound... now it makes sense.   I just don't like the industrial sound I suppose from a production standpoint.

I AM WORRIED ABOUT CD.

Axl is producing now and if his voice being buried in the demos....(speculation) and if that is any indication of his influence  Sad

I just hope we get a Good sounding vocal, I expect it to be over produced and overlayered like the illusions... They want this huge symphony of sound it seems like with three guitars and two keyboards.  It can work, I just don't know how much Axl knows about seperation and the sound field.  He's a smart guy though, I'm sure it won't suck. 
McDuff
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 02:41:04 AM »

none of the albums were over or under produced,the album were produced how GN'R wanted them,not how people on here wanted them to sound,and it's also funny that it's now that people complain,no many complained when those albums came out,that's just my opinion ofcourse  peace
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 12:42:35 AM »

What do u think of the production of the demos? The drums sound awesome but overall its a bit to bassy imo. What do you think?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »

TSI's production is good from a technical standpoint but crap from an aesthetic standpoint. Punk rock with big reverby rock drums is kinda weak. And unfortunately there isn't a song on there that betters the original. I mostly blame this on taking punk rock and giving it the UYI sheen.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 01:53:21 AM »

Man, I think all the GN'R versions on TSI are better than the originals.  Even Attitude, and I'm a pretty big Misfits fan.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Gordi
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 05:17:11 AM »

I really like the production on AFD but the UYI production really isn't my thing. Everything is so 'booming' and the guitars sound washed out. Way too much echo on the drums too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: