Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jesus Died of DVT?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Died of DVT?  (Read 10310 times)
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 01:10:11 PM »

Only scum was crucified and not everyone believes jesus was enither scum or a political activist.

For the love of God! nervous

Only scum were crucified? U claim to know alot about this era's crime and punishment! Can i see ur history degree? I got mine.

Therefore, prove he was crucified.

Roll Eyes

I don't need to, about ten thousand scholars beat me to it - when the doctors decide ur sufficiently sane to re-enter society, try reading a few books peace

I only hope HTGTH's god squad read ur post - it will be an intresting response!

And for the love of god, read, because although our beliefs are different, you don"t have to attack me on something world scientists and historians can't agree on themselves.

They do agree - Jesus and his death are fact ok People only disagree as to whether he was the son of god - but there was a Jesus - and yes a Muhummed too! And even a President Kennedy!

You hide, sometimes, your lack of knowledge, by agressivity.

rofl
Lack of knowledge....? I've told u a fact and thats....a lack of knowledge? Maybe ur sentence worked better in french? Or baby talk?

What u mistak as aggression is actually amsusement - i find ur ramblings amusing and try to point u a little closer to the reality the rest of the world experience but the drugs ur on seem to inhibit hihi

U don't even bother to hide your ignorance - and i don't take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist, but wait - u see them because ur not crazy, i get it Roll Eyes

What do you do to women when they disagree ?

I hit them repeatedly Roll Eyes

And i don't actually think we're disagreeing - ur talking rubbish and i'm agreeing ur talking rubbish Cheesy

I'd love to continue talking but i've just seen a ghost and need to check my horoscope to see my destiny rofl

you dont take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist ?? thats a pretty stupid thing to say , and if you think that the only reason for a person to go with a psychiatrist its because they are crazy then you are not as inteligent as you tried to show with your posts .
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »

you dont take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist ?? thats a pretty stupid thing to say

Ur forgiven hihi - there is a backstory to all this, if u wish to find it out check back through past threads - the idea of a 'wacko' psychonalanysising me is curious to say the least

and if you think that the only reason for a person to go with a psychiatrist its because they are crazy then you are not as inteligent as you tried to show with your posts .

Often, i include a certain tongue in cheek element to my posts, such posts wording are not to be taken too literally - rather the essence of the point will be more important. When i choose to be serious it will be very apparent.

And my post most definetly was NOT trying to seem intelligent...if u thought it was, thanks, but it was just making one basic point - Jesus did exist and was cruxified

On topic,

i'm surprised doctors have struggled for so long to work out how Jesus died - i'd have thought being severely beaten, crucified and then impaled with a spear and the subsequent blood loss was a pretty straight forward explanation - but if they think so, cool.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 11:28:22 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jgfnsr
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 12:36:44 AM »

Those who have been around here for any considerable length of time should be familiar with Jessica's "unorthodox" views on Jesus Christ.

I will say, while they are pretty far out there, they are nonetheless more amusing than the tired and predictable views you'll hear from HTGTH's atheists/agnostics.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 12:45:41 AM »

Those who have been around here for any considerable length of time should be familiar with Jessica's "unorthodox" views on Jesus Christ.

I will say, while they are pretty far out there, they are nonetheless more amusing than the tired and predictable views you'll hear from HTGTH's atheists/agnostics.

Personally the entire story of JC, and the people who follow him (including the guys with the funny hats) are rather amusing to me. Especially since so much of the bible has been proven false, or to condradict itself at best.

P.S. God told me to write this post.

jgfnsr
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 01:11:50 AM »

Especially since so much of the bible has been proven false

Such as?

For the record, there are scriptural records - in addition to the Bible - that attest to the reality of Jesus Christ.

Before you ask, SLCPUNK, don't bother.

Pearls before swine and all that....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 01:29:06 AM »

Especially since so much of the bible has been proven false

Such as?

For the record, there are scriptural records - in addition to the Bible - that attest to the reality of Jesus Christ.

Before you ask, SLCPUNK, don't bother.

Pearls before swine and all that....

Are you LDS?

Noah's Ark and the flood for starters. Most rational people can think a tad and realized this never happened.

I never said Jesus did not exist.

Are you REALLY that holier than thou?

Where did Jesus say it was ok to be a prick on a message board?

Just curious.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 01:45:55 AM by SLCPUNK-The Legend Of Clintron Burgundy » Logged
jgfnsr
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 02:34:41 AM »

Are you LDS?

Like I said my friend, don't come back to Utah.? You'd be miserable.? ?Wink

(your liking for Little Cottonwood Canyon notwithstanding)

Noah's Ark and the flood for starters. Most rational people can think a tad and realized this never happened.

Well sheesh, there is a whole lotta stuff in the Bible that would appear quite implausible to "rational" people isn't there?? That's often why they are called miracles or acts of God.? However, while the sciptural account is at least one witness that they did happen, there is no proof that they didn't.

I never said Jesus did not exist.

True.? But for a guy who is usually first out of the gate when it's time to offer an opinion, you haven't said much else on the subject.

Are you REALLY that holier than thou?

In total honesty.....nah.? Although I believe what I believe, a lot of how I come across is pretty tongue in cheek.

Where did Jesus say it was ok to be a prick on a message board?

That could easily apply to both of us.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 02:50:23 AM »

In the bible didn't Adam live for 900 years. And other people also lived for 500 years plus? Huh

how the hell does that work?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 03:34:08 AM »

Like I said my friend, don't come back to Utah.  You'd be miserable.   Wink

I'm bringing friends....it's gonna change.

SLC is changing SLOWLY but surely. It's got gay bars now, expensive downtown condos, the usual crap.

Well sheesh, there is a whole lotta stuff in the Bible that would appear quite implausible to "rational" people isn't there?  That's often why they are called miracles or acts of God.

That is an easy out. Just say "Hey it's a miracle." That explains everything.

Not.

However, while the sciptural account is at least one witness that they did happen, there is no proof that they didn't.

The proof lies with common sense.

There are over 350,000 species of beetles alone. All the animals on the planet? Jeeesh.

The plumbing system must have been the most complex of it's day to deal with all the waste these animals put out.

How did all the animals get back to the region from which they came?

That could easily apply to both of us.

I don't use Jesus as an excuse to act like a prick.........

I am one all by myself - thankyou.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 03:35:41 AM »

In the bible didn't Adam live for 900 years. And other people also lived for 500 years plus? Huh

Dude, didn't you read what he said?

There were miracles back in those days.

Tongue
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2005, 10:47:45 AM »

Your right it didn't happen like that - he got 2 of every bug? Even the ones the other side of the world??? How would he have transported or even found them!

But, my 2 cents

The Bible is essential a series of stories to explain to ill-educated people things even we today struggle to comprehend

The world wasn't created in 6 days - but try telling a peasant 2000 years ago about the Big bang! We can't explain it now! Its a story to make sense of it - after all it is essential true - the world did evolve to the point where humans existed by stages....

The flood could be a story or more likely there was a bad flood and Noah had a boat that his livestock went into - only if u take the Bible literally do u have a problem - its the essence thats important

In the bible didn't Adam live for 900 years. And other people also lived for 500 years plus?

They didn't have any idea the world took 365 days to rotate - their years where very different - what we consider to be a year would have been about 10 for them - i think they measured it by seasons or something. After all if u lived on Mercury u'd be about 800 by now because the years are shorter

I'm on the fence when it comes to religion - but as long as u don't take it literally and devote more time to the essence, what it is trying to say rather than the exact words it used - then it holds together pretty well

Its funny - i never noticed her before...my horoscope should have warned me hihi Horoscope= rofl

Nothing more boring than extremist views - the truth is somehwere in the middle and those who claim (insert religious text) is 100% right ot 100% wrong - well.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2005, 07:48:22 PM »

noah's arc, the garden of eden, all those stories are myths, just like the greek ones. so dont pay too much attention to them, seeing as they don't focus on Jesus Christ.

Also keep in mind that the stories of the old testament were written 2000 years B.C, so it was possoble that they live that long. the jews, after all, were God's 'chosen people"

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2005, 03:12:29 AM »

Also keep in mind that the stories of the old testament were written 2000 years B.C, so it was possoble that they live that long. the jews, after all, were God's 'chosen people"

hahaha!!!!

P.S.   hahahaha!!!!!!!!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2005, 03:17:21 AM »

In the bible didn't Adam live for 900 years. And other people also lived for 500 years plus?

They didn't have any idea the world took 365 days to rotate - their years where very different - what we consider to be a year would have been about 10 for them - i think they measured it by seasons or something. After all if u lived on Mercury u'd be about 800 by now because the years are shorter

I'm on the fence when it comes to religion - but as long as u don't take it literally and devote more time to the essence, what it is trying to say rather than the exact words it used - then it holds together pretty well

no no no.

see they lived that long, but then God decided that people were living for too long so he cut a human's lifespan down to 100 years. it has nothing to do with how they measured years.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2005, 03:22:04 AM »

noah's arc, the garden of eden, all those stories are myths, just like the greek ones. so dont pay too much attention to them, seeing as they don't focus on Jesus Christ.

OK. Let me get this straight, the old testament we should disregard, cause they are myths. But at the same time, we should keep in mind that people probably lived longer in those days for mythical lengths of time.

Then we should only focus around the scripture as it relates to Jesus because it is not a myth. <-----That part is fact. So the bible is part myth/part fact (especially the part about JC)?

What about the ten commandments? Those are from the old testament. Would you say you follow those?

As usual, somebody who uses the bible, on their terms. You know why? Because it's the only way you can. Because so much of it condradicts itself there is no other way around it. You can not embrace the entire book without being a stone cold hypocrite.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2005, 05:00:30 AM »

no no no.

see they lived that long, but then God decided that people were living for too long so he cut a human's lifespan down to 100 years. it has nothing to do with how they measured years.

Er - u asked me to explain it, then claim my explanation is wrong? Tongue

So God cut down people's lifespan - now i explain it in a way that is generally accepted - and makes sense and u turn round and claim it was God....

Well, okay - but i wish u'd warned me u were a fundamentalist

Only a fundamentalist believes every word in the Bible is true

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2005, 05:03:58 AM »

The Bible is about more than Jesus.....

Possible they lived to be 900?

I have no idea how to respond to that.

U believe people in the past lived....longer than we do?

Consider the life expectancy at the time was about 30 for a man....they had no doctors....no medicine..and they lived longer? Fucks sake

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don&#039;t know how to ride a bike

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2005, 05:08:31 AM »

no no no.

Er - u asked me to explain it, then claim my explanation is wrong? Tongue

So God cut down people's lifespan - now i explain it in a way that is generally accepted - and makes sense and u turn round and claim it was God....

Well, okay - but i wish u'd warned me u were a fundamentalist

Only a fundamentalist believes every word in the Bible is true

no i was just pointing out how ridiculous some of the bible is. everything amazing that happens is a "miracle" or a "work of god". like the people that wrote it thought...... "shit, we said adam and all of his posse lived for 900 years, but we only live for like 90 years tops..........hey ishmal.....can i get a little help here i got a problem............look just say god decided that people would only live for a 100 years tops..........ah good idea ok"

i misunderstood you then. i thought you were trying to defend some of the truth in the bible. seems apparent that you are not.

very good then.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2005, 05:14:42 AM »

i misunderstood you then. i thought you were trying to defend some of the truth in the bible. seems apparent that you are not.

very good then.

I was trying to defend a basic truth to the Bible - again i'm not actually sure if i believe, but the 'inconsistencies' are pretty easy to deal with

Its essence is sound - but much of it is metaphor and thus insane to interpret literally

Rather than take the Bible for what it directly says, see instead what it means to say, and don't become distracted with the little details

Moses wasn't really spoken to through a bush that was on fire but not burning - its just a way to make the story more intresting to peasants

People thousands of years before Jesus didn't live to be 900 - they lived to be 30 if they got lucky, and Noah certainly didn't catch two mosquito's (male and female - and without a microscope - what talent!)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don&#039;t know how to ride a bike

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2005, 05:31:12 AM »

i know what you are trying to do. give the bible at least some sort of rational explanation.

your point about the measuring of years and the inconsistencies that come with that seems valid i'll give you that. i could be super trivial and say that other people in the bible lived for 50 years or whatever under what would have been the same system of measurement that resulted in adam living for 900years but honestly its pointless.

i really don't know what to believe anymore. philosophy courses at uni have fucked me and my faith up.

my personal take on religion and such:

human beings don't want to die. we wanna be immortal. we want to live on forever either in spirit or mind or something.

religion gives a nice answer for that. afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, all forms of immortality. all ways of living forever. is there really a big ole party up in heaven?....is jimi hendrix shootin up some pool against goerge washington?

well fuck that. are we supposed to just believe that there's no such thing as death. i mean who the fuck cares we'll have consciousness and our spirit will live on. Roll Eyes

i say we die and we're gone and we're nothing. religion and stuff like the bible is man-made propoganda that just gives us false hope.

wow i've gone off track hahahah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: