Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:59:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jesus Died of DVT?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Died of DVT?  (Read 10307 times)
Railantics
Headliner

[Nothing to say] STUN! [/Nothing to say]

« on: June 09, 2005, 11:01:42 AM »

It's a thought from yahoo:

Jesus Died Of DVT, Scientist Claims
A new theory has emerged that Jesus was one of the earliest victims of deep vein thrombosis.The potentially fatal condition, also known as pulmonary embolism, has become associated with long-distance flights as people's immobility in aeroplanes can cause blood clots.But an Israeli professor says Jesus may have died from a blood clot which reached his lungs, challenging the popular conception that he died of blood loss during his crucifixion.

Professor Benjamin Brenner, a doctor at the Rambam Medical Centre in the Israeli port city of Haifa, put forward his theory in the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis.

He wrote: "It is known that the common cause of death in the setting of multiple trauma, immobilisation and dehydration is pulmonary embolism.

"This fits well with Jesus' condition and actually was in all likelihood the major cause of death of crucified victims."

A pulmonary embolism is caused when a blood clot develops in deep leg veins and then moves up to the lungs, causing an acute shortness of breath and chest pains.

Professor Brenner based his understanding of Jesus' condition at the time of his death on a previous work published nearly 20 years ago in the Journal of American Medical Association.

The paper found that before his crucifixion Jesus went 12 hours without food or water, was under emotional stress, was beaten and forced to walk to the crucifixion site carrying a heavy cross part of the way.

That article found that Jesus died suddenly on the cross only three to six hours after the start of the crucifixion, and concluded it was from blood loss.

A co-author of the earlier paper dismissed the new claims.

Dr William Edwards said : "Jesus was on the cross for only six hours. It seems unlikely a large deep leg vein thrombus could develop and cause fatal pulmonary embolisation in that short time."

Let the music do the talking.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 11:35:32 AM »

IF Jesus had been on any cross at all ( this still needs to be proven in my eyes), he wouldn't have needed to die from all these :

On a cross, under the palestine sun, attacked by flies and all sorts of mosquitos sucking dripping blood, and probably a few chackals eating the lower parts of his body ?

He would have been dead before that.

Nothing to say
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

maybe he died from old age ? Grin

Railantics
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 11:41:42 AM »

Yo, probabaly ok (no offence guuuys)

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 01:17:36 PM »

IF Jesus had been on any cross at all ( this still needs to be proven in my eyes), he wouldn't have needed to die from all these :

Shut it - Jesus existed and he was executed by cruxification, a very common means of killing people at the time. That isn't a belief - thats a provable reality. Whether he was the son of God is a matter for belief but his life and death are established fact.

U believe in ghosts and astrology and yet would call into doubt a major world religion? U need to spend more time with that shrink, or perhaps try a new one
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 01:19:49 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 01:30:55 PM »

Only scum was crucified and not everyone believes jesus was enither scum or a political activist.

Therefore, prove he was crucified.

And for the love of god, read, because although our beliefs are different, you don"t have to attack me on something world scientists and historians can't agree on themselves.

You hide, sometimes, your lack of knowledge, by agressivity.

What do you do to women when they disagree ?

Nothing to say
MCT
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »

He sits 'em down and forces 'em to listen to him while he sings 14 Years... yes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 01:54:20 PM »

Jesus Christ!!

Shocked
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 01:58:05 PM »

what cruelty !!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nothing to say
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 02:17:03 PM »

Only scum was crucified and not everyone believes jesus was enither scum or a political activist.

For the love of God! nervous

Only scum were crucified? U claim to know alot about this era's crime and punishment! Can i see ur history degree? I got mine.

Roll Eyes

I don't need to, about ten thousand scholars beat me to it - when the doctors decide ur sufficiently sane to re-enter society, try reading a few books peace

I only hope HTGTH's god squad read ur post - it will be an intresting response!

And for the love of god, read, because although our beliefs are different, you don"t have to attack me on something world scientists and historians can't agree on themselves.

They do agree - Jesus and his death are fact ok People only disagree as to whether he was the son of god - but there was a Jesus - and yes a Muhummed too! And even a President Kennedy!

rofl
Lack of knowledge....? I've told u a fact and thats....a lack of knowledge? Maybe ur sentence worked better in french? Or baby talk?

What u mistak as aggression is actually amsusement - i find ur ramblings amusing and try to point u a little closer to the reality the rest of the world experience but the drugs ur on seem to inhibit hihi

U don't even bother to hide your ignorance - and i don't take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist, but wait - u see them because ur not crazy, i get it Roll Eyes

I hit them repeatedly Roll Eyes

And i don't actually think we're disagreeing - ur talking rubbish and i'm agreeing ur talking rubbish Cheesy

I'd love to continue talking but i've just seen a ghost and need to check my horoscope to see my destiny rofl

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 02:19:20 PM »

Apparently i'm as good as Sheryl Crow's version of Sweet Child 'O mine....wait, is my singing that bad?!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 02:28:39 PM »

For the love of God! nervous

Only scum were crucified? U claim to know alot about this era's crime and punishment! Can i see ur history degree? I got mine.

Roll Eyes

I don't need to, about ten thousand scholars beat me to it - when the doctors decide ur sufficiently sane to re-enter society, try reading a few books peace

I only hope HTGTH's god squad read ur post - it will be an intresting response!

They do agree - Jesus and his death are fact ok People only disagree as to whether he was the son of god - but there was a Jesus - and yes a Muhummed too! And even a President Kennedy!

rofl
Lack of knowledge....? I've told u a fact and thats....a lack of knowledge? Maybe ur sentence worked better in french? Or baby talk?

What u mistak as aggression is actually amsusement - i find ur ramblings amusing and try to point u a little closer to the reality the rest of the world experience but the drugs ur on seem to inhibit hihi

U don't even bother to hide your ignorance - and i don't take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist, but wait - u see them because ur not crazy, i get it Roll Eyes

I hit them repeatedly Roll Eyes

And i don't actually think we're disagreeing - ur talking rubbish and i'm agreeing ur talking rubbish Cheesy

I'd love to continue talking but i've just seen a ghost and need to check my horoscope to see my destiny rofl
Ohhh...man Izzy I've never laughed so hard!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 02:36:34 PM »

Women....  Cheesy
Railantics
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 04:13:24 PM »

Apparently i'm as good as Sheryl Crow's version of Sweet Child 'O mine....wait, is my singing that bad?!

Hang on, the threads about jesus dying of DLT, not sherly crow, or history degrees for that matter. [/sigh]

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 04:31:21 PM »

Our Father who art in heaven, please deliver me from this thread  hihi

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 05:15:08 PM »

Since DVT is associated with long term exposure to high altitudes and Jesus has of course spoken to God who is high above the clouds...this to me is clear evidence that Jesus existed and was, without doubt, a fan of the Japanese TV series Monkey

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 05:33:21 PM »

Jesus wasn't crucified because he was scum fo a political activist. He was cruxified because the pharaiees thought he was teching the common people to ignore the laws of the torah. So, in other words, we was killed because he "blasphemed"  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 06:41:13 PM »

Sorry Jessica, for once I'm with Izzy.   Embarrassed

Actually, maybe for the second time....

Granted, I have no degree in it. But my common understanding has always been that there is documented proof from the time that a 'man' called Jesus did, indeed, live and was, indeed, crucified............................................

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jgfnsr
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 09:54:41 PM »

Scientists and doctors (who tend not to believe in Jesus' divinity) wanting to understand the physical causes of Christ's death is nothing new.? It has been researched and discussed for decades, even centuries.

1) While the yielding up of life was voluntary on the part of? Jesus Christ, for He had life in Himself and no man could? take His life except as He willed to allow it to be taken, there was of necessity a direct physical cause of death.? ?

2) Jesus Christ was crucified through both the hands and wrists, as well as the feet.

3)? The crucified sometimes lived for days upon the cross, and death resulted, not from the infliction of mortal wounds, but from internal congestion, inflammations, organic disturbances, and consequent exhaustion of vital energy.

4) Jesus, though weakened by long torture during the preceding night and early morning, by the shock of the crucifixion itself, as also by intense mental agony, and particularly through spiritual suffering such as no other man has ever endured, manifested surprising vigor, both of mind and body, to the last.

5) The strong, loud utterance, immediately following which He bowed His head and "gave up the ghost," when considered in connection with other recorded details, points to a physical rupture of the heart as the direct cause of death. If the soldier's spear was thrust into the left side of the body and actually penetrated the heart, the outrush of "blood and water" observed by John is further evidence of a cardiac rupture; for it is known that in the rare instances of death resulting from a breaking of any part of the wall of the heart, blood accumulates within the pericardium, and there undergoes a change by which the corpuscles separate as a partially clotted mass from the almost colorless, watery serum. Similar accumulations of clotted corpuscles and serum occur within the pleura.? Great mental stress, poignant emotion either of grief or joy, and intense spiritual struggle are among the recognized causes of heart rupture.

6) It could be said, both literally and figuratively, that Jesus died of a broken heart.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 12:40:25 PM »

Well if any person is beaten their shit out, no matter if your a God's son I bet the poor man should die when he gets crucified. Who can resist a beat up and then be crucified? No one in the world.
And yes N.I.B. was right he was crucified because he was considered a blaspheme.

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: