Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Cuts Short European Tour
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Cuts Short European Tour  (Read 10703 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: June 08, 2005, 06:52:17 PM »

Velvet Revolver Cuts Short European Tour

By JANET MORRISSEY
For The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Rock supergroup Velvet Revolver abruptly cut short its overseas tour Tuesday, leaving many wondering if the band's future was in jeopardy.

A newspaper and television station in Finland reported that the band had split, but Velvet Revolver spokeswoman Kristine Ashton-Magnuson disputed those reports.

"The band has not broken up," she said. "In fact, theyre coming back to the U.S. early to start the next record."

She cited "family obligations" and album "pre-production work" as reasons for the plug being pulled early. She didn't elaborate on the nature of the "family" matters or why the band had booked a tour if it knew it needed to be in the studio to work on its second album.

The band, which features former members of Guns N' Roses and the Stone Temple Pilots, launched its European tour on June 3 in Germany, and will perform shows through July 2, including an appearance at rock guru Bob Geldof's "Live 8" charity event in London. However, Velvet Revolver has scrapped the final five gigs it had scheduled from July 3 through July 10.

The band has been dogged throughout the tour by talk of ego disputes between singer Scott Weiland and lead guitarist Slash, and rock critics have been running pools on how long Weiland could stay drug-free. In the past, the talented but troubled musician has spent almost as much time in rehab and jail as he has in the studio.

Ashton-Magnuson denied that Weiland was heading back to rehab. "Scott is not back on drugs," she said Tuesday.

Velvet Revolvers "Contraband" album debuted at No. 1 when it was released in June 2004. Since then, it has sold 1.7 million copies in the U.S. alone, and picked up a Grammy for best hard rock performance.

Source(s): http://www.newsday.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »

nice! can't wait til the new record is out! Contraband was great but this is going to blow it out of the water!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 07:00:20 PM »

nice! can't wait til the new record is out! Contraband was great but this is going to blow it out of the water!

Nice?

Cancelling shows is nice?

Seems like they're focusing on the North American market.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:03:35 PM »

Or maybe the band is breaking up and GN'R is getting back together!  Yeah, let's go with that.   ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »

Ah . . . now there's a nice thought   yes

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 08:10:55 PM »

Nice?

/jarmo

they've toured the U.S. and the UK enough already! How do you think South Americans feel. They are huge down there but VR hasn't been anywhere near there!

They've toured long enough. Seeing them live is fun but going to the record store 1st thing in the morning and buying the new album and opening it and soaking it in for the 1st time is the most amazing experience!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 08:45:28 PM »

I'm a bit tired and very stoned, now can you clarify something for me have they left europe already? I'm meant to be seeing them at this weekend...June 11th i think...is that still happening?
joeyramone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 09:07:15 PM »

yeah dude there touring until july 2
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 09:29:49 PM »

Nice?

/jarmo

Atleast they make an official statement stating they are cancelling. They are probably exhausted, not to make excuses, but they have been on the road solid for over a year. I think they are just taking a break and getting ready for pre-production for the next album. ok
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 11:10:43 PM »

Would you rather see them live or have another CD?  And yes, I live in the U.S.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 11:17:05 PM »

They are probably exhausted, not to make excuses, but they have been on the road solid for over a year.
yeah, apperentley 5 more gigs are truly to exhausting for those oldies Roll Eyes

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 01:04:11 AM »

They have definately toured the album to death.. Shit, I have seen them 4 times now in the last year.  I think it's good for them to get back and work on the album..

Does anyone know if tickets had already went on sale for the scrapped shows? If so, that is a bummer.. Otherwise who cares..

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 02:53:37 AM »

they've toured the U.S. and the UK enough already! How do you think South Americans feel. They are huge down there but VR hasn't been anywhere near there!

They've toured long enough. Seeing them live is fun but going to the record store 1st thing in the morning and buying the new album and opening it and soaking it in for the 1st time is the most amazing experience!

You really are missing the point here. I wouldn't mind if they hadn't booked the dates, and just said that we won't tour now, we'll spend some time back home. But cancelling the tour like that is not a very nice thing to do. How many dates have they cancelled in the south america?

If one of them has a family emergancy, then I do agree that they should cancel the rest of the shows and go home, but this is really not the best way to do things.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 04:37:04 AM »

I'll just say this:

Thank God they haven't cancelled Greece, yet...

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 05:44:13 AM »

Great... so they plan a concert at Montreux where the tickets cost 50$ and they just decide to cancel? Yeah, they are not better than GNR then... great.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 08:15:01 AM »

The article only mentions the last five European dates. Nothing is said about the US dates in August and September.....

/jarmo

badapple81
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 08:28:15 AM »

I'm so tempted to start some trouble with those who went on about Axl cutting short his tour but I won't  Grin

I did say that being a little older now, Slash for example would probably want a break with his kids and family before touring the next album which Scott is keen on having out soon. I hope it has nothing to do with recent (probably exagerated) reports of Slash drinking quite heavily again.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 09:11:01 AM »

You really are missing the point here. I wouldn't mind if they hadn't booked the dates, and just said that we won't tour now, we'll spend some time back home. But cancelling the tour like that is not a very nice thing to do. How many dates have they cancelled in the south america?

If one of them has a family emergancy, then I do agree that they should cancel the rest of the shows and go home, but this is really not the best way to do things.

they never booked any South American dates
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »

My point exactly.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 10:49:28 AM »

they arent cancelling an entire tour just 5 dates, stop whining pets!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: