Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we the Last Generation of Fan?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we the Last Generation of Fan?  (Read 7752 times)
Railantics
Headliner

[Nothing to say] STUN! [/Nothing to say]

« on: June 08, 2005, 03:59:13 PM »

Are we? Tenneagers of today, the last generation of GN'R? and possibly dying rock n roll? Dont mean to dampen everyone, and i know GNR cant live forever, but I was wondern this a while ago. The next generation may not even know what R N R is, cause allthough many bands are good, new R NR, they never get noticed, and are all smothered over with RNB sauce. so, d'ya think we are the last generation of GNR/RNR fan?

Let the music do the talking.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »

Are we? Tenneagers of today, the last generation of GN'R? and possibly dying rock n roll? Dont mean to dampen everyone, and i know GNR cant live forever, but I was wondern this a while ago. The next generation may not even know what R N R is, cause allthough many bands are good, new R NR, they never get noticed, and are all smothered over with RNB sauce. so, d'ya think we are the last generation of GNR/RNR fan?

the door, zepplin, the beatles, sabbath. they all live on to this day and they are from the 60's and 70's

if the music is good people will always listen ok

SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 04:12:02 PM »

No...not yet.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 04:27:21 PM »

if the music is good people will always listen ok

Indeed - as music gets worse the older bands get more popular than they were even at the time - hell - how many people bought early Metallica stuff when it first came out 20 years ago? Not many.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 04:37:03 PM »

im 14 and im into rock, metal etc greatly. All i see is chavs and people getting into emo crap.

I do think rock is dieing because it is not publicised enough. heres a example, the friday night radio 1 rock show has been moved from 10 pm till 1 in the morning. Like anyones gonna hear that.

html sucks
MikeB
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:58:52 PM »

Rock n Roll will get the last laugh, i believe . all of a sudden in my school i see more kids wearing shirts of bands that came out before they where born than modern bands .  i got into late 90's music before  but i grew out of it and got into the older music
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 05:01:20 PM »

yes we are the last. after us it's all over. someone set us up the fan. all your rock is belong to us.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 05:07:23 PM »

I don't think so.

I like the music of the Beatles, Zep,  punk n post punks, which ages I'm no way the witness of.
I even like some classical music and ethnic folk music of unknown authorships.

Now then how far GN'R can go, I think, depends on the current GN'R of the coming era and the albums.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 05:46:48 PM »

In the beggining I used to listen to Metal bands only. After GN'R I moved to Hard-Rock bands. Many people do the same thing because they want to know who started all this. After all, some of us don't really like the noise but the melody most.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 05:53:02 PM »

GNR will be talked about for years n' years man.

Besides from rock bands, which techno or rap band do you think will be around like ....The Doors have for instance.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 06:04:25 PM »

Hell no man. GnR are more popular now than they have ever been since the original band broke up, and more n more really young kids are gettin their music right. In the dark, dark days of nu-metal a few years back there were absolutely no good bands around at least now there's a few comin up, and some great bands (Motley Crue) or parts of them bands (VR) are gettin together again.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »

mmm I think there will always be GNR fans, because their music doesnt have time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 06:31:40 PM »

i didnt mind nu metal, as it was the thing i progressed from onto real bands. I blame it on TV's and radios not promoting rock enough.

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 06:57:19 PM »

GN'R and other good rock won't die if we keep it alive.  Its our duty as fans to try to get other people into this stuff.  I know if I ever have kids I'm gonna try my best to get them into the music I like.  Good music will always live on as long as people have an opportunity to hear it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 07:42:31 PM »

I don`t think rock has seen its last generation.

As mentioned earlier, older (and really older) bands still enjoy popularity by fans who weren`t even born when these bands called it quits. GNR will always find new fans.

It all goes in cycles. Things are kinda stagnant now. It just takes one great band to stir it up again.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 08:42:59 PM »

Today i saw a kid, maybe 10 years old, wearing a GNR t-shirt, the Bullet logo! So i guess we are not the last gnr generation.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:36 PM »

As long as AFD is in stores and getting airplay, GNR will attract new fans.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dustNroses
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 09:49:39 PM »

I think if they continue putting the songs in movies and on movie soundtracks there will be more fans. Besides AFD still sells highly to this day.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 10:57:53 PM »

Not if we keep the younger generations in tune with GNR.  I bought my little sisters (2 and 3) lil GNR shirts from Hot Topic.  As long as we keep the name alive, it will remain in music  pop culture. 
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 11:59:18 PM »

gnr came like the good music......they came to stay....

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: