Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:55:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Paradise City (Theme song for The Longest Yard)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paradise City (Theme song for The Longest Yard)  (Read 6804 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2004, 05:03:18 PM »

Bad news is as big a wrestling fan as i am i realise their acting generally sucks and this movie has 4 wrestlers in it Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, Steve Austin & Bob Sapp............hopefully the roles won't be too big......anyway good for GN'R music being played on any film trailer these days.

Who cares if they used to be wrestlers but I am still looking forward 2 it

EEEERRRR Little boy
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 05:30:28 PM »

the past two incarnations of the film have been pretty awful, i fail to see how adding gn'r and a few terrible actors (atleast some people may claim Burt Reynolds and Vinnie have charisma) is gonna help proceedings.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2004, 11:47:03 AM »

Hey Guys,

I was at work the other day and entertainment tonight was on.  They were interviewing Chris Rock and Adam Sandler and paradise city was playing in the background.  I checked it out and it looks like paradise city is going to be used in the soundtrack for the movie.  I wonder if there is finally going to be some action in the GNR camp. Here is the link http://www.longestyard.com/
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2005, 11:54:40 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted so what the hell, go to http://www.longestyard.com and click on the trailer..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 12:19:17 AM »

The film comes out Memorial Day weekend which is at the end of the May for those who dont know...
Could this be a sign that GNR want to get their name out for some kind of spring release? I highly doubt it but its something to think about to help us pass the time.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 12:34:23 AM »

Why would they get their name out with an old song?  Huh
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 01:01:24 PM »

Why would they get their name out with an old song?? Huh

GHs was the 10th biggest selling album in the world last  year, and it doesnt matter if old gnr songs are used in new movies, its still gonna hype the name guns n roses and will help the new gnr album. Just think if GHs was the 10th best selling album in the world just think what CD will do since its all new material.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2005, 05:47:33 PM »

New songs in movies? Only when C.D. is released.
That's a revival! The last one was in 98 with the movie "Can't hardly wait", remember with the nerd guy Tongue? (First time I listened to Paradise City  Smiley)

Basically, if we exclude 2002 return, the last GN'R stuff used in movies was in 98, the teen movie I said above, the end of Days (Oh My God), BigDaddy (SCOM). Plus Live-Era....

It's like history repeating itself (hope with C.D. this time) , GHits, San Andreas and now this movie. I think that's definitely a sign  yes. Not that big, but good ok
journey
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 01:25:05 AM »

I wonder if Axl is doing this to strengthen his side of the lawsuit.

By putting this song in the movie, he is showing that he will use the songs for soundtracks on movies he approves of.

It will show the judge that he isn't intentionally cheating the old band members but just wants to be selective.
yankee_magic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2005, 12:44:55 AM »

I don't know if this has any relevance and i can't remember the name of the movie

maybe it will be on the soundtrack
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2005, 02:19:54 AM »

Maybe one of us is Asam Sandler, n' is kicking n' screaming for this fucking album aswell... rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 03:05:36 AM »

Blame Sanctuary.
I heard PC on a radio commercial (I forget for what) the other day. I nearly puked.
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 04:53:25 AM »

OLD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »

I wonder if Axl is doing this to strengthen his side of the lawsuit.

By putting this song in the movie, he is showing that he will use the songs for soundtracks on movies he approves of.

It will show the judge that he isn't intentionally cheating the old band members but just wants to be selective.

I would guess that is the what Axl might me up to. I dont think this would be a start to anything new from GnR or the release of CD.  As for it being the 10th best selling CD SO FRICKEN WHAT.  Look at how many old bands put out greatest hits albums and sell millions.  There are alot of bands that put out way too many albums past their prime and they dotn sell well, people buy greatest hits because they were huge singles that people don't forget. Just because GH's sold well doesnt mean shit towards how well CD will sell. It's a Rap world

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2005, 03:40:02 PM »

its still gonna hype the name guns n roses and will help the new gnr album.

No it's not. That song is played in a number of sports events every single day. In fact, I think it almost makes the old songs a novelty to people. Who besides us obscure die hard fans takes notice and is like "oh i heard that gnr song for the millionth time this week so now i'm excited for axl and his band to release cd. They need a new fucking song, period. I believe the old material being whored out to soundtracks n such is a good thing, but it doesn't mean anything is happening. The only thing that is happeing is royalties.... and sanctuary is going to capitalize on that regardless of a new album.

mike_giuliana
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 03:42:18 PM »

As for Paradise city, it just goes to show you how hype is building up, five years ago, GNR was completely out of the spotlight.

5 years ago Oh My God was coming out.

I thought Oh my God was out in 98 ? oh well...and we're a week away from 2005 ? Oh well...I had to say something to stay on topic.? Tongue

Nope 99 when arnie's end of day's tanker hit the movies..
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 05:17:41 PM »

As for Paradise city, it just goes to show you how hype is building up, five years ago, GNR was completely out of the spotlight.

5 years ago Oh My God was coming out.

Boy was that a horrible soundtrack. I bought the album for the GnR song and All things aside, besides OH MY GOD, every other song on that jucked, it was like all the hot bands of the day recorded one of their own songs, that was bad enough not to make any of their records and instead of trshing it just recorded it.  That movie had so much potential too and boy did it suck after seeing it. Besides Terminator/ Commando type roles Arnold is about as good at acting as Chuck Norris.
I thought Oh my God was out in 98 ? oh well...and we're a week away from 2005 ? Oh well...I had to say something to stay on topic.? Tongue

Nope 99 when arnie's end of day's tanker hit the movies..

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 06:58:03 PM »

I wonder what Axl thinks when he hears the old GNR tunes when they are played on the commercial?(ex- GTA San Andreas or The Longest Yard)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 01:59:08 AM »

I wonder what Axl thinks when he hears the old GNR tunes when they are played on the commercial?(ex- GTA San Andreas or The Longest Yard)

FOr his involvement in GTA after not being involved in anything else one would assume he is a fan of the game.  Do you think he plays or played the game and what station would he listen to while driving?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 01:36:45 PM »

Maybe this goes in the news section, but anyways...

Last night I saw a commercial for the movie The Longest Yard with Chris Rock and Adam Sandler. Paradise City was playing in the background. On the website - http://www.longestyard.com/longestyard.php , one of the trailers plays with Paradise City, another with Thunderstruck. Click VIEW TRAILER in the bottom left. The one with Paradise City is under Trailers, which is under TV Spot. Enjoy!

hmmm...didn't see this posted before...sorry!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 01:49:47 PM by November Rain 91 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: