Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Paradise City (Theme song for The Longest Yard)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paradise City (Theme song for The Longest Yard)  (Read 6806 times)
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« on: December 22, 2004, 10:15:41 AM »

I'm not sure if this has been posted but Paradise City is being used on the trailer for the remake of the Longest Yard.  Go to MTV.com movie trailers.  Here is the link.

http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?vid=39808&size=a&channelID=1&gateway=movies&s1=trailer_park&s2=&adPth=/adsetup/movies/&adPN=index&style_sheet=/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/movieplayer.css&asx_intro_slate=/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/swf/trailer_park_slate.swf

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 10:29:38 AM »

looks a lot like the British remake of an American Film Mean Machine Huh
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 10:35:05 AM »

You're right, I saw mean machine yesterday  hihi , it even has the same dialogue, ...''we're playing the guards.....I'm in"...

I hate remakes.  Angry

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
takeshi
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 02:24:30 PM »

Let's get this clear for all you people who are slow.  The original Burt Reynolds movie was called "The Longest Yard" and this is a remake of it, the original movie was released in the UK under the title "Mean Machine".  That third rate piece of euro trash that starred vinny jones had the prisoners playing wussy soccer instead of football.  This movie has to be better than that. 
echeguns
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 11:18:44 PM »

Now that we agree what the movie is...  Who do you think is playing the song?  Is it old GNR?  Is it new GNR?  Is it someone else?  I didn't hear any vocals.

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 12:00:24 AM »

Now that we agree what the movie is...? Who do you think is playing the song?? Is it old GNR?? Is it new GNR?? Is it someone else?? I didn't hear any vocals.

Im going to go out on a limb and guess the old GnR. This is the new Adam Sandler movie though isn't it?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 01:55:33 AM »

Now that we agree what the movie is...? Who do you think is playing the song?? Is it old GNR?? Is it new GNR?? Is it someone else?? I didn't hear any vocals.

come on man, of course its the original Gn'R
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 06:14:22 AM »

Let's get this clear for all you people who are slow.? The original Burt Reynolds movie was called "The Longest Yard" and this is a remake of it, the original movie was released in the UK under the title "Mean Machine".? That third rate piece of euro trash that starred vinny jones had the prisoners playing wussy soccer instead of football.? This movie has to be better than that.?

You just contradicted yourself, you said playing football not football.   'Soccer' is called football mate, we actually use our feet in it, and it was called football long before your shitty sport was.

That's a hatrick for Doull
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 07:27:01 AM »

thats funny coz Axl always wore the "mean Machine" black american football number 22 jersey in 91 or 92

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 08:54:54 AM »

American Football rules!!!!!

Ritz Reeves III
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 08:59:13 AM »

Let's get this clear for all you people who are slow.? The original Burt Reynolds movie was called "The Longest Yard" and this is a remake of it, the original movie was released in the UK under the title "Mean Machine".? That third rate piece of euro trash that starred vinny jones had the prisoners playing wussy soccer instead of football.? This movie has to be better than that.?

You just contradicted yourself, you said playing football not football.? ?'Soccer' is called football mate, we actually use our feet in it, and it was called football long before your shitty sport was.

So I guess instead of a third rate piece of euro trash, the new movie will be a third rate piece of american trash.

And american football is actually Rugby for pussies. Nice little helmit and shoulder pads there, afraid to get hurt ?  ok hihi

As for Paradise city, it just goes to show you how hype is building up, five years ago, GNR was completely out of the spotlight.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 11:38:14 AM »

As for Paradise city, it just goes to show you how hype is building up, five years ago, GNR was completely out of the spotlight.

5 years ago Oh My God was coming out.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 11:44:28 AM »

looks like a cool movie yeah it have the same concept to mean machine

EEEERRRR Little boy
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 11:57:39 AM »

5 years ago Oh My God was coming out.

I thought Oh my God was out in 98 ? oh well...and we're a week away from 2005 ? Oh well...I had to say something to stay on topic.  Tongue

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 12:37:35 PM »

I would feel a little better about this "hype" if it weren't music made by a group of guys that no longer exist, but by the band that exists now. At some point you have to stop living off past accomplishments and put your own stuff out there. As it stands now though, Axl gets the best of both worlds. He is still living off of glory past, and by refusing to release anything new, keeps the aura about him that he is still a genius. The big risk to actually releasing the new album is if its not loved, all that aura he spent 12 years building is then gone. I can see why he would be nervous about putting it out there like that. At some point though, this incarnation is going to have to release its own paradise city or Jungle to milk.
echeguns
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 03:45:03 PM »

I wonder if this is a new recording of Paradise City by the new GNR.  Remember, it was another Adam Sandler movie "Big Daddy" that we last heard the new GNR play "Sweet Child".  It then morphed into Sheryl Crow's Version.  Mabey theres some kind of connections between Sandler and Axl.

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 04:01:08 PM »

I wonder if this is a new recording of Paradise City by the new GNR.? Remember, it was another Adam Sandler movie "Big Daddy" that we last heard the new GNR play "Sweet Child".? It then morphed into Sheryl Crow's Version.? Mabey theres some kind of connections between Sandler and Axl.

you are maybe right ! let us remember how Slash and Duff sued axl for not letting them use songs on movie soundtracks and stuff.. I think what they said was axl "cock-blocked"hihi

This means axl said it was ok for Adam Sandler (or whoever) to put the song on the movie.

ok

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 04:09:05 PM »

I just saw the trailer on tv yesterday. It's really cool to be hearing GnR's music on the box again.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 04:14:16 PM »

Bad news is as big a wrestling fan as i am i realise their acting generally sucks and this movie has 4 wrestlers in it Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, Steve Austin & Bob Sapp............hopefully the roles won't be too big......anyway good for GN'R music being played on any film trailer these days.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2004, 04:58:47 PM »

Either turn this over to a gnr conversation or i'm gonna move it to The Jungle seeing as how currently it's about a movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: