Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike  (Read 10463 times)
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2005, 09:15:46 AM »

I don't think there are other things, those things were actually mentioned by Axl in several interviews (including in RS I believe), but no one ever bothers reporting that. It's so much easier to pretend it was just a camera issue and Axl went bonkers for no reason.

I've seen axl mention alot of things in interviews. Just because axl said it doesnt make it true in any sence of the word. I'm not saying it isnt true true but to just say "oh theres more to it .. axl said so!" seems a little bit "fan boi-ish" to me.? Huh

The guy who had the camera wasn't a poor innocent victim, he was part of a whole gang who had smuggled in glass bottles and knives into the venue, and the security didn't try to stop them because they were accomplices.

According to Axl. I dont recall any other band members speaking out about this in depth though. And after watching the concert I didnt see any bottles being thrown onstage??

The gang had been bullying and physically threatening the people in the first rows since the beginning, and basically constantly disrupting the show. The band tried to have security intervene, but of course that didn't happen. So Axl decided to take matters into his own hands. The camera thing was only the last straw. By that time Axl's patience was wearing very thin because of what had happened earlier.

Why doesnt any of this stand out on the dvd from the show? I remember one incident where a piece of paper is handed to axl with someones number on it and axl asks if it was worth disrupting the show for ... and this was after a song. I didnt notice any other disruptions other then axl going into the crowd and punching the one guy and leaving. Other wise it was a kickass show , high energy!

I mean I'm not saying axl is a liar but I also dont just take every word out of his mouth as 110% gospel either.

peace

Call me "fan-boi-ish" if you want, but I see no reason for Axl to make up something like that.

Reason for Axl to lie:

What he did was borderline incitement and he knew it. A band holds a show at your venue, later in the evening, a riot breaks out. Is there anyone to blame and possibly charge? Yes, the man who jumped into the crowd and got violent with one of them resulting in a fucked-up situation.

The whole "there's more to it" hoopla was simply a way of covering his ass(or trying to). The one with the biggest reason to lie was Axl!

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2005, 12:50:08 PM »

Wow, you were there.

Then you may as well give us the reason for Axl to jump into the crowd and drag himself into violence, perhaps?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2005, 01:46:21 PM »

I don't think Axl's gotta make it perfect for the extra green, I think he's gotta make it perfect for him. That's who this album is for. He's not taking all this time and putting his energy into it for anyone else. He certainly could have made a ton of money over the years by whoring out his voice. He hasn't. In fact, he's even went the opposite way. Trying to block recordings(GH, Hollywood Rose), and basically kickin back in the shadows.? Cool Oh yeah, and Axl is the lizard king.

Yeah, and the way he closed gnronline but left only the merch section tells me alot. Gotta make that green, even off of an ex-member(buckethead).

Yeah, and how he gets violent over a man with a camcorder in the crowd. Can't have those free bootlegs floating around. No money to be made there.

That reminds me, if it is "only for him", then why isn't it a solo project? Isn't that contradictory? Was this album supposed to be only for him before the members left?

If this album is only for him, then quit with the "chinese democracy starts now" shit. Until Axl can set aside the ego and dance among the crowd like Morrison did, he is not the lizard king. His best title is "temper tantrum boy".

It's been said before (and I'll venture it may even have been said AGAIN after your post, in this thread) but GnR, the band, have nothing to do with gnronline.com, the website.? That site is owned, operated, and maintained by Universal/Interscope/Geffen.? So get angry at the record company on this one...not Axl.?

And St. Louis was more about security, and their lack of competance, than it was about a PHOTO camera held by some guy in the crowd.  The picture taker was the straw that broke the camels back, and just happens to be the media's favorite "scapegoat" for the incident.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:48:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »

And St. Louis was more about security, and their lack of competance, than it was about a PHOTO camera held by some guy in the crowd.? The picture taker was the straw that broke the camels back, and just happens to be the media's favorite "scapegoat" for the incident.

Yeah uh huh, it's more reasonable to believe there is a worldwide media conspiracy against Axl than to believe that the guy well known for his anger problems simply over-reacts. Roll Eyes

:Sarcasm off:

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:58 PM »

I don't think Axl's gotta make it perfect for the extra green, I think he's gotta make it perfect for him. That's who this album is for. He's not taking all this time and putting his energy into it for anyone else. He certainly could have made a ton of money over the years by whoring out his voice. He hasn't. In fact, he's even went the opposite way. Trying to block recordings(GH, Hollywood Rose), and basically kickin back in the shadows.? Cool Oh yeah, and Axl is the lizard king.

Yeah, and the way he closed gnronline but left only the merch section tells me alot. Gotta make that green, even off of an ex-member(buckethead).

Yeah, and how he gets violent over a man with a camcorder in the crowd. Can't have those free bootlegs floating around. No money to be made there.

That reminds me, if it is "only for him", then why isn't it a solo project? Isn't that contradictory? Was this album supposed to be only for him before the members left?

If this album is only for him, then quit with the "chinese democracy starts now" shit. Until Axl can set aside the ego and dance among the crowd like Morrison did, he is not the lizard king. His best title is "temper tantrum boy".
-As for gnronline, how do you know who was/is responsible?
-As for the bootlegs, he's a perfectionist. He doesn't like lousy quality recordings of his material. I don't think it's that unusual for an artist of any kind to only want to show their finished, polished work. That being said, this was only a camera, in this case. As was said, many other things were going on.
-If you don't think that this is Axl's baby, wait until it's released(if). It will either be considered a great success, and Axl will get all the credit, or if not, he'll get all the blame.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: