Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:36:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike  (Read 10487 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Just a thought here, how cool would it be to hear Axl and Ian blasting out LA Woman or Roadhouse Blues?

Wishful thinking.. drool

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 05:39:42 PM »

I personally don't like covers and am not a big fan of doors but I wouldn't mind the Trent version of The End featuring GN'R.

Am I obsessed? confused
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »

5. this one i'm not sure but ," five to one" by the doors was beleived to be a racist song like One in a million by G n R.

Wrong, 5 to 1 was not a racist song. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of shit. Jim would never have given the media a chance to rake him over the coals. And even the Miami incident wasn't a "tantrum". He had seen a play the night before where the actors took all their clothes off and screamed at the audience "wake up and stop being slaves. All men are not created equal!"

When Jim attacked the cop and was later cuffed on stage during the peformance.

Wrong, it was Jim who was attacked and sprayed with pepper spray. He was arrested for being vulgar about it.

I grew up with relatives that were teens in the 60's which was how i learned the facts from The? Doors and realised how much these two guys are alike . I like Guns a little better cuz i heard them since i was a little kid but they're both great bands that sadly only lasted a little bit

You should read more instead of trusting everyone's word. Preferably something from a fellow bandmate or someone who was close to The Doors.

Differences:

Jim and the rest of the band were an absolute unit. Early in their career playing live gigs all facing each other as their symbol of unity. Jim an ego-maniac? How?!!! Because he rebelled like everyone else was doing over the war in vietnam. It just happened to be that The Doors were one of the most popular bands during that time; and thats why he was labeled that. Everything was magnified in the public eye.

Jim's goal was to act almost like a shaman and open eyes, what was Axl's? No similarity there either.

While Jim was so rebelious that he did not want to surrender to any of the "establishments" greed, he did everything in his power to prevent becoming a product.

Can't say the same for Axl. Whatever sells....right? Got to make it perfect for that extra green.....right?

You cannot compare anyone from that time to anyone from this time. Everything was different. Jim ranted about political situations and pleaded with fans to stop being slaves to the government and Axl ranted about Warren Beaty fucking his g/f. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 07:00:55 PM by RustyCage » Logged

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 08:35:55 PM »

I don't think Axl's gotta make it perfect for the extra green, I think he's gotta make it perfect for him. That's who this album is for. He's not taking all this time and putting his energy into it for anyone else. He certainly could have made a ton of money over the years by whoring out his voice. He hasn't. In fact, he's even went the opposite way. Trying to block recordings(GH, Hollywood Rose), and basically kickin back in the shadows.  Cool Oh yeah, and Axl is the lizard king.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Xx Estranged xX
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005, 08:55:41 PM »

I don't really see many ways they are alike, but they are 2 of the greatest frontmen ever.  Cool
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »

I don't think Axl's gotta make it perfect for the extra green, I think he's gotta make it perfect for him. That's who this album is for. He's not taking all this time and putting his energy into it for anyone else. He certainly could have made a ton of money over the years by whoring out his voice. He hasn't. In fact, he's even went the opposite way. Trying to block recordings(GH, Hollywood Rose), and basically kickin back in the shadows.? Cool Oh yeah, and Axl is the lizard king.

Yeah, and the way he closed gnronline but left only the merch section tells me alot. Gotta make that green, even off of an ex-member(buckethead).

Yeah, and how he gets violent over a man with a camcorder in the crowd. Can't have those free bootlegs floating around. No money to be made there.

That reminds me, if it is "only for him", then why isn't it a solo project? Isn't that contradictory? Was this album supposed to be only for him before the members left?

If this album is only for him, then quit with the "chinese democracy starts now" shit. Until Axl can set aside the ego and dance among the crowd like Morrison did, he is not the lizard king. His best title is "temper tantrum boy".

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005, 09:25:10 PM »

Yeah, and the way he closed gnronline but left only the merch section tells me alot. Gotta make that green, even off of an ex-member(buckethead).

How do you know that Axl is the one responsible for gnronline closing, and keeping the merch section open?

5. this one i'm not sure but ," five to one" by the doors was beleived to be a racist song like One in a million by G n R.

One in a Million isn't a racist song.  Listen to the lyrics.  Not just the "n" word.  listen to the whole song.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 07:32:05 AM »

gnronline was basically a promotional tool for the live album that was set up by Interscope. The band never had much input into it. And that's probably the reason why it hasn't been updated in ages.

Yeah, and how he gets violent over a man with a camcorder in the crowd. Can't have those free bootlegs floating around. No money to be made there.

If you're talking about the St Louis incident, get your facts straight because it was a photo camera, not a camcorder. So I don't see what bootlegging had to do with that. Besides, the problems with St Louis were about much more than a camera issue. That's just the way the media like to portray the event.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 08:27:01 AM »

Besides, the problems with St Louis were about much more than a camera issue. That's just the way the media like to portray the event.

wouldnt it make alot more sence to actually explain and go into detail about all the other things you think st.louis was about then just being vague and opening it up to further questions and rants?

Huh

MikeB
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2005, 08:36:02 AM »

All right maybe they're not actually alike , but at least we can call them two hellraising frontmen
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2005, 08:38:38 AM »

No, Jessica, you moron, Morrison's valid excuse for not having a career now is that he is DEAD.  Axl is just crazy and not a good excuse.

Actually, i had undertstood your trying to be funny, i stated that Morisson didn't need to die, his career was dead as he was still alive !

Oh, i wouldl ove you to say this to my face, because intellectually, i beat many people to it. Bring your homework.

Nothing to say
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »

wouldnt it make alot more sence to actually explain and go into detail about all the other things you think st.louis was about then just being vague and opening it up to further questions and rants?

Huh

I don't think there are other things, those things were actually mentioned by Axl in several interviews (including in RS I believe), but no one ever bothers reporting that. It's so much easier to pretend it was just a camera issue and Axl went bonkers for no reason.
The guy who had the camera wasn't a poor innocent victim, he was part of a whole gang who had smuggled in glass bottles and knives into the venue, and the security didn't try to stop them because they were accomplices. The gang had been bullying and physically threatening the people in the first rows since the beginning, and basically constantly disrupting the show. The band tried to have security intervene, but of course that didn't happen. So Axl decided to take matters into his own hands. The camera thing was only the last straw. By that time Axl's patience was wearing very thin because of what had happened earlier.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2005, 08:44:37 AM »

Oh, i wouldl ove you to say this to my face, because intellectually, i beat many people to it. Bring your homework.

Seeing as to how you havent threatened physical retribution had it he said it to your face what difference does it make if he said it to you in person or online? It was still a remark made to you , as a person .. doesnt matter if it was said out loud or written in text as it still contains the same meaning and you are still left to but reply to him. You wouldnt be able to reply to him any better had he said it to your face. Thus your (to my face) remark makes no sence.  Huh

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:25 AM »

Seeing as to how you havent threatened physical retribution had it he said it to your face what difference does it make if he said it to you in person or online? It was still a remark made to you , as a person .. doesnt matter if it was said out loud or written in text as it still contains the same meaning and you are still left to but reply to him. You wouldnt be able to reply to him any better had he said it to your face. Thus your (to my face) remark makes no sence.  Huh

Because insulting someone is very easy online, i bet he would have chickened out if he had been facing me.

I haven't threatened anyone, therefore, do not put thoughts into MY mind ( something i have to obviously remind you of). To me, my english makes sense, but if you want to discuss the whole problem in french, my maternal language, stop in paris for a coffee and i'd gladly oblige.

Nothing to say
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2005, 08:52:32 AM »

I don't think there are other things, those things were actually mentioned by Axl in several interviews (including in RS I believe), but no one ever bothers reporting that. It's so much easier to pretend it was just a camera issue and Axl went bonkers for no reason.

I've seen axl mention alot of things in interviews. Just because axl said it doesnt make it true in any sence of the word. I'm not saying it isnt true true but to just say "oh theres more to it .. axl said so!" seems a little bit "fan boi-ish" to me.  Huh

The guy who had the camera wasn't a poor innocent victim, he was part of a whole gang who had smuggled in glass bottles and knives into the venue, and the security didn't try to stop them because they were accomplices.

According to Axl. I dont recall any other band members speaking out about this in depth though. And after watching the concert I didnt see any bottles being thrown onstage? 

The gang had been bullying and physically threatening the people in the first rows since the beginning, and basically constantly disrupting the show. The band tried to have security intervene, but of course that didn't happen. So Axl decided to take matters into his own hands. The camera thing was only the last straw. By that time Axl's patience was wearing very thin because of what had happened earlier.

Why doesnt any of this stand out on the dvd from the show? I remember one incident where a piece of paper is handed to axl with someones number on it and axl asks if it was worth disrupting the show for ... and this was after a song. I didnt notice any other disruptions other then axl going into the crowd and punching the one guy and leaving. Other wise it was a kickass show , high energy!

I mean I'm not saying axl is a liar but I also dont just take every word out of his mouth as 110% gospel either.

peace

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2005, 08:59:33 AM »

Because insulting someone is very easy online, i bet he would have chickened out if he had been facing me.

why? it's just as easy to call somebody a moron to their face as it is on a msg board. I do it all the time.

I haven't threatened anyone, therefore, do not put thoughts into MY mind ( something i have to obviously remind you of).

Ummmmmmmm .. that was the whole point of my reply!!!

To me, my english makes sense, but if you want to discuss the whole problem in french, my maternal language, stop in paris for a coffee and i'd gladly oblige.

who's paying?  peace

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »

I've seen axl mention alot of things in interviews. Just because axl said it doesnt make it true in any sence of the word. I'm not saying it isnt true true but to just say "oh theres more to it .. axl said so!" seems a little bit "fan boi-ish" to me.  Huh

The guy who had the camera wasn't a poor innocent victim, he was part of a whole gang who had smuggled in glass bottles and knives into the venue, and the security didn't try to stop them because they were accomplices.

According to Axl. I dont recall any other band members speaking out about this in depth though. And after watching the concert I didnt see any bottles being thrown onstage? 

The gang had been bullying and physically threatening the people in the first rows since the beginning, and basically constantly disrupting the show. The band tried to have security intervene, but of course that didn't happen. So Axl decided to take matters into his own hands. The camera thing was only the last straw. By that time Axl's patience was wearing very thin because of what had happened earlier.

Why doesnt any of this stand out on the dvd from the show? I remember one incident where a piece of paper is handed to axl with someones number on it and axl asks if it was worth disrupting the show for ... and this was after a song. I didnt notice any other disruptions other then axl going into the crowd and punching the one guy and leaving. Other wise it was a kickass show , high energy!

I mean I'm not saying axl is a liar but I also dont just take every word out of his mouth as 110% gospel either.

peace

Call me "fan-boi-ish" if you want, but I see no reason for Axl to make up something like that. And I'd rather take his word than the word of journalists who weren't even there, especially considering some of them have an agenda.
Of course you can dismiss Axl's comments about this situation, but then it means you can dismiss any comment about anything by any band member. It's a neverending thing.

I found the RS article I was looking for on the HTGTH website :
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=59

If you don't take Axl's word, maybe you will take the word of some people who were actually in the crowd  hihi

." Both the police and Steve Schankman, the president to Contemporary Productions, the concert's promoter confirm that the Saddle Tramps are regulars at arena shows and are indeed known to the venue's security staff but deny that the bikers were causing any problems and say that they hadn't caused problems in the past. However five of the concertgoers interviewed by Rolling Stone, who attended St. Louis area shows regularly, say otherwise. One fan, who asked not to be identified, says: "They always cause problems. I see them at every show. They're always pushing people around. And the thing is, the security guards are intimidated by them. They security guards have never, at least in my experience, gone in and said, 'Listen guys, calm down' " Early in the show, Rose says, another of the bikers, who the promoter says goes by the name of Stump, began bellowing to get Rose's attention. "You have people yelling and screaming during the whole show," says Rose, "but this guy just wouldn't stop, and he was loud - almost as loud as my monitor. He's holding up a card, and I'm like 'Okay, yeah, that?s great.' But he still won't stop yelling."

I recommend everyone to have a look at the whole article. Very interesting read  ok

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2005, 09:15:46 AM »

why? it's just as easy to call somebody a moron to their face as it is on a msg board. I do it all the time.

I haven't threatened anyone, therefore, do not put thoughts into MY mind ( something i have to obviously remind you of).

Ummmmmmmm .. that was the whole point of my reply!!!

To me, my english makes sense, but if you want to discuss the whole problem in french, my maternal language, stop in paris for a coffee and i'd gladly oblige.

who's paying?  peace

We'll negociate  hihi

Nothing to say
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2005, 09:16:49 AM »

Yeah. people yelling at a rock concert. wheres the manners?  Huh

people "pushing" at a rock concert ... whats the world coming too?

But I see your point , and totally agree that you should be more then welcome to believe what you want. I'm just stating an opinion that other then Rose and these "fans" I havent heard much from anyone else (gnr band members included) that says there was bottles and knives being used by anyone in any capacity.

Some pushing and shoving and yelling at a rock concert , IMHO is very normal. Now taking pics at a GNR show is an obvious no-no ... thats common knowledge.  ok

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2005, 09:51:31 AM »

I've never seen so many quotes in my life.

You people are forgetting that Jim is still alive though. Here is more proof. This is a pic of the guy who claims he is Jim Morrison and a pic of him from back in the day overlayed for comparison:

Coincidence? I think not...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: