Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Jim Morrison and Axl are alike  (Read 10471 times)
MikeB
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:12:24 PM »

1. they both hated their famlies , axl had to put up with a real religious family. Jim was an army brat.

2. they both had a real talent . Jim with the poetry and Axl with his singing voice

3. altho Axl wasn't as bad but they had drug problems

4. Axl always fought with his girlfriend Erin, same with Jim and his girl Pam. They either got along or they abused each other on and off.

5. this one i'm not sure but ," five to one" by the doors was beleived to be a racist song like One in a million by G n R.

6. Both were out of control lunatics , jim was a wild drunk and it was easy for axl to lose his temper.

7. when they became rock stars , they shunned their famlies  out of their lives. Jim lied his parents were dead . Axl tried bringing the family back together but trashed his hotel room when it didn't work

8. were both known for causing chaos at concerts.When Jim attacked the cop and was later cuffed on stage during the peformance. Axl attacked a man with a camera in st.louis
and after james from metallica got burned gnr peformed earlier. But axl got mad cuz his mic was broke so he walked off stage then an insane riot started.

9.Both were described as egotistical  frontmen by the public

10. Both the Doors and Guns n' Roses couldn't last that long together .Jim died ( altho believed that he faked his death) and Axl disappeared from the limelight after only like a half decade

I grew up with relatives that were teens in the 60's which was how i learned the facts from The  Doors and realised how much these two guys are alike . I like Guns a little better cuz i heard them since i was a little kid but they're both great bands that sadly only lasted a little bit
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:31:49 PM »

Interesting, though I've always considered Ian Astbury a much more Morrison type figure than Rose.

The same shaman like persona crossed with the  mystical metaphoric lyrical style, not to mention Astbury is fronting The Doors and has been for 3+ years now..

For me, Axl's always fell somewhere between Steve Tyler and Freddie Mercury, stylistically speaking.

Pretty damn good company...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MikeB
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:00:17 AM »

to me axl's voice sounds like a cross between robert plant and brian johnson with a little steven tyler thrown in , im ' not sure about freddie mercury too femine sounding  for a male to me. but altogether axl has his own style as a front man
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:19:13 AM »

Five to One is not a racist song.

The song is about the 60's generation taking over, though exactly what Five to One, One in Five means remains and will always remain a mystery, as Morrison took it's true meaning to his grave.

It MAY mean

Five to One as the ratio of grass smokers to non-grass smokers in Cali.
Five to One is the ratio of whites to blacks
Five to One is the ratio of children of the Nam era to the adults.....

NO ONE knows what Morrison meant.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:11:51 AM »

If you wanna see axl compared to morrison you need to read danny sugermans book

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:05:57 PM »

Believe it or not, Jim Morrison is actually still alive. Here is proof:

http://www.rodeoswest.com/

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 01:21:15 PM »

i would love someone to actually ask Manzarek if Axl reminds him of Morisson or not, but from my point of view, you could link anyone to anyone and still find similarities.

They are nothing alike.

Even their reasons for causing shit in concerts aren't the same, Axl is Axl ( no need to go on about whys ) and Morisson was simply a paranoid drug addict.

When Mama Kin says no one knows what Morisson meant, i think he didn't know himself, and when you read his poetry ( very bad btw, i used to own the book) , you see how fucked up and drugged up he was.

At least, axl made sense !

Nothing to say
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 01:22:52 PM »

You forgot that both of their careers are dead too.  Atleast Morrison has a valid excuse!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 01:26:01 PM »

Both were worldwide Rockstars.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 01:32:09 PM »

You forgot that both of their careers are dead too.  Atleast Morrison has a valid excuse!!
No, he did not, he had fucked up almost every concert and band members didn't want to speak to him anymore and once almost everyone had told him to fuck off, he caught a plane to paris.

he had no excuses..

Nothing to say
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 01:50:53 PM »

I think what he meant was that you can't get new music from a dead, deceased (no body on planet Earth, past worm food) ex-human being... hihi

Reminds me of the dead parrot skit from monty python hihi
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 02:43:13 PM »

No, Jessica, you moron, Morrison's valid excuse for not having a career now is that he is DEAD.  Axl is just crazy and not a good excuse.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 03:32:09 PM »

The moron is not Jessica. She's far from it. Roll Eyes

i would love someone to actually ask Manzarek if Axl reminds him of Morisson or not, but from my point of view, you could link anyone to anyone and still find similarities.

They are nothing alike.
That's true.

It's like sometimes you're convinced of your daily horoscope that sounds really dead on and then realise you're checking out a wrong star. yes
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 04:03:44 PM »

Judging from Jessica's response to my previous post, she's either a morn or illiterate.

On a side note, the surviving members of the Doors have asked Courtney Love to front them on a tour.  No joke!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 04:07:27 PM »

No, he did not, he had fucked up almost every concert and band members didn't want to speak to him anymore and once almost everyone had told him to fuck off, he caught a plane to paris.

he had no excuses..

All the arrest warrants had something to do with it also hihi

Without starting another thread, I am going to see the Doors of the 21st Century this friday with Ian singing. I know they have toured before, has anyone seen them or heard any reviews.

To stay on subject if I get close enough to Manzarek, I'll ask him about Jim compared to Axl. ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 04:09:05 PM »

Judging from Jessica's response to my previous post, she's either a morn or illiterate.

On a side note, the surviving members of the Doors have asked Courtney Love to front them on a tour.? No joke!!

I'm not going to bash you, but I think its hilarious that you called someone illiterate right after you misspelled "moron" rofl               peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 04:35:09 PM »

On a side note, the surviving members of the Doors have asked Courtney Love to front them on a tour.? No joke!!

Not the case actually, this from courtesy of Familiarfreak (Dave), webmaster of the Doors official website:

http://messageboard.thedoors.com/index.php?showtopic=24656

"I just got the official word on this. Courtney was asked to perform on VH1 Decades, but her schedule didn't allow it. That's it. Ian Astbury is the lead singer of D21C and always will be. Or as I was just told.. "Ian Astbury is the man.. . period." Hope that clears things up.

-Dave"

Kujo- I've seen The Doors with Ian and it's a helluva show, I was never a big Doors fan but checked them out due to my love of The Cult.? Enjoy.

Would love to see Axl guest with Astbury, Manzarek and Krieger on the VH1 Decades special that Love was asked to participate on.?

That would be something to behold.

EDIT:So far, Perry Farrell has been confimed along with Macy Gray for the VH1 Doors Decades special.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:39:31 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 04:38:50 PM »

I got the more difficult of the two correct!!

Good, I would hate to see the Doors ruin their image by associating with that whore C Love.  I would pay to watch her shot and that's about it.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 04:53:36 PM »

Kujo- I've seen The Doors with Ian and it's a helluva show, I was never a big Doors fan but checked them out due to my love of The Cult.? Enjoy.

Cool. thanks. I've always loved the whole package of the Doors so, obviously, I would love to see Jim but hearing that music by at least half of the band will be really cool. Plus I love the Cult too so I think Ian will kick ass filling in.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 05:07:24 PM »

Judging from Jessica's response to my previous post, she's either a morn or illiterate

Well judging by your post your a moron because you can't follow the board rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: