Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Unreleased classic GN'R tracks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased classic GN'R tracks  (Read 5326 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: June 05, 2005, 10:57:39 PM »

There's still a bunch of unreleased tracks from the old Guns N' Roses out there.  I know there's definitely "Crash Diet" and "Ain't Goin' Down"...maybe there are some more.  But do you guys think that the band should officially release these in some form or another someday?  For sure "Crash Diet" is an incredible song.  I think that they should have put it on the Greatest Hits album.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:00:31 PM »

they should of made the greatest hist a 2 disc deal with the other disc having all the b-sides and un released tracks.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 11:25:45 PM »

There is a reason they were never released, because they are terrible. Pretty much all the songs that were never relased are just not that good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 11:41:08 PM »

There is a reason they were never released, because they are terrible. Pretty much all the songs that were never relased are just not that good.

I agree most are not very good, however, I really do enjoy "Sentimental Movie". That song is fucking great, and Slash plays his ass off. I could only imagine if they took the time to really polish it, and with Axl singing. Slash is a not a bad singer by the way.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 12:38:56 AM »

Are you kidding? I've only heard two, but I know that "Crash Diet" absolutely rocks.  Axl's voice is in top form, and the lyrics are the best the band ever wrote about drugs.

Does anybody know any more of the band's unreleased old tracks?  I've never heard of "Sentimental Movie" before.
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 12:45:54 AM »

Are you kidding? I've only heard two, but I know that "Crash Diet" absolutely rocks.  Axl's voice is in top form, and the lyrics are the best the band ever wrote about drugs.

Does anybody know any more of the band's unreleased old tracks?  I've never heard of "Sentimental Movie" before.

Gonna say this for the umpteenth time...

Crash Diet has been released by a band called Asphalt Ballet--who cowrote the song with Axl, Del, and West Arkeen. West plays guitar on the track, not Slash. It's an OK song but nothing great, and I doubt that they could (or would) ever realease it for legal reasons.

~KYI
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 12:48:15 AM by KillYourIdols » Logged
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 02:51:34 AM »

Gonna say this for the umpteenth time...

Crash Diet has been released by a band called Asphalt Ballet--who cowrote the song with Axl, Del, and West Arkeen. West plays guitar on the track, not Slash. It's an OK song but nothing great, and I doubt that they could (or would) ever realease it for legal reasons.

~KYI

Well, I've heard two versions of "Crash Diet".  One I just downloaded straight off Kazaa.  It was okay, but it didn't really sound totally like Guns N' Roses.  The second one I downloaded off HTGTH.  It had worse production, but the performance was amazing and some of Axl's best singing ever.  It sounds like Guns N' Roses to me.  Are you sure you aren't just thinking about the Kazaa one?  After all, I don't know if HTGTH would have that version of "Crash Diet" on the site if it weren't genuine Guns N' Roses.
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 03:33:01 AM »

Of course GNR did the demo version you've heard...I'm just saying that Asphalt Ballet did an official studio version of the track that has been released.

I guess my first post can be a little confusing...I was specifically responding to the idea that it should have been on "Greatest Hits." (It's not even a released GNR song and certainly not a hit by any standards).

~KYI

PS: Some of you guys should really read the HTGTH faq...these kind of questions get posted all the time.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 05:35:52 AM »

you fuckin' crazy, Crash Diet is one of the best songs EVER!!!

i cant believe they did not do it properly man, it fuckin' rocks!!! Cool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 11:07:12 AM »

Crash Diet rules I wish they released Aint Going Down!

EEEERRRR Little boy
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 12:08:40 PM »

theres loads they shud release. if they polish all of their unreleased stuff, it cud make a solid album (the 1's i'v hurd).
they shud'v made Shadow of Your love an album trak and their version of Heartbreak Hotel. n e 1 no where i can download sentimental movie???

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
madagas
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »

I would have to agree with Dave2k, those songs are pretty lame. We got pretty much everything releaseable with UYI. However, I would be interested in hearing demos and different takes/mixes of Gnr classics.  Smiley
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »

ive heard crash diet and shadow of love and they are both badass.

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 01:28:32 PM »

I'm a fan of Just Another Sunday myself    rofl
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 02:18:21 PM »

There's still a bunch of unreleased tracks from the old Guns N' Roses out there.? I know there's definitely "Crash Diet" and "Ain't Goin' Down"...maybe there are some more.? But do you guys think that the band should officially release these in some form or another someday?? For sure "Crash Diet" is an incredible song.? I think that they should have put it on the Greatest Hits album.
Here's a partial list of some of the things GnR have done:Crash Diet
Just Another Sunday
Dust in the Wind
Shadow of your love
Bring it back home
sentimental movie
too fast to live
it tastes good dont it
sympathy for the devil
too much too soon
demon bell
jumpin jack flash
heartbreak hotel
cornshucker/cornchucker
wild horses
goodnight tonight
mongoloid
godfather theme
whole lotta rosie
bohemian rhapsody
come together
dead flowers
indiana aint my kinda town
whole lotta rosie

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 02:32:34 PM »

demon bell

Never heard that one. When/where was this song perform?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

I'd like to hear the work Axl did with Slash and Izzy between 94-96

Quick! To the bandwagon!
astutej
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 02:58:46 PM »

Most of these songs R posted free of charge on : http://www.illitpress.com/thechallenge.htm
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 02:59:40 PM »

I'm a fan of Just Another Sunday myself? ? rofl

What's with the rofl dofl? That song's a classic! Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 02:38:48 AM »

If they would've thrown some of those unreleased tracks on the greatest hits I think it would've sold even huger than it did anyway.  That seems to be the trend now with bands.  They throw a couple unreleased tracks on their compilations so even the fans that have everything the band has done will still buy it.  It worked with Red, White & Crue.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: