Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Topics for Axl on CD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Topics for Axl on CD  (Read 5964 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: June 04, 2005, 06:41:07 PM »

I really hope Axl does a song about 9/11. Since its the biggest news story in a generation, its a possibility. But I dont want a song about the attack itself, or a dedication to the victims. I want Axl to sing about how on that fateful day, some people in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East were cheering when the Towers fell. I think Axl would be the perfect person to convey the anger that was felt in the United States when this occured. Since this album will have a very high profile in the weeks before and after its release, there might be songs dealing with controversial issues. Whether it be 9/11, abortion,affirmative action,etc. And as we all know, Axl doesn't shy away from controversy. So one of these topics, or a different one, will more than likely be dealt with on CD.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 07:06:37 PM »

IMO there wont be a song about 9/11 since that would really date the album ,and Axl would take a lot of shit for that by the media and reviews.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 07:38:30 PM »

I want Axl to sing about how on that fateful day, some people in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East were cheering when the Towers fell. I think Axl would be the perfect person to convey the anger that was felt in the United States when this occured.

Well, after what happened with "One In A Million", I hope not!

I don't think Axl would like to "give" the rightwing nuts more songs to wave their flags to.

If there is a song about it, I hope it's more tasteful than a song about the "anger felt in America against the people who cheered in Europe, Asia and the Middle East".

Some of you Americans seem to forget that 9/11 was felt all over the world. It was on tv over here as well!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »

wow jarmo lets not turn this into a america vs. the world thread stay on topic plz i wouldnt want to lock this thread. Wink

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 08:20:55 PM »

I really hope Axl dont wright a song about Septermber 11th! I would rather like a song about how Americans have killed innocent people in the middle east the past 30 years. I think that we have heard enough of September 11. And that is history now! People killed by americans in the middle east aint
history! So, fokus on what happens! Dont get me wrong, the 11 September attack in NY was awfull! But its not the bigget tragedy in history!

I really hope Axl does a song about 9/11. Since its the biggest news story in a generation, its a possibility. But I dont want a song about the attack itself, or a dedication to the victims. I want Axl to sing about how on that fateful day, some people in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East were cheering when the Towers fell.

This i think is stupid! Okay, maybe some people in the middle east was cheering, not because they are bad humans, but because the dont know better, and im sure everybody knows someone who have been killed by an american soldier. And the BIG majority of people around the world was damn sad when this happend! So dont strike everybody in one quote!

- Nytunz -

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »

Well said Nytunz!

Besides, some people from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East were in the Towers and got killed on that day.

Ignorance begets Tragedy.  Angry
estranged.1098
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »

They can leave that to U2.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 09:00:24 PM »

Various lawsuits!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 09:14:25 PM »

If Axl did that, that would definitely be the end of his career

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 04:57:01 AM »

well,for me there will be 5-6 love songs,2-3 melanholic songs and 2-3 political songs
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 05:38:40 AM »

Going by what we've heard so far, lyrically, Axl has a much more mature point of view than on the previous albums. Its not sex, drugs, and rock n roll anymore. I think some serious topics will be brought up on the album. I will be disappointed if he only deals with generic terms. Too much has went on during the past 12 years for him to sidestep serious issues.

gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 06:20:27 AM »

Going by what we've heard so far, lyrically, Axl has a much more mature point of view than on the previous albums. Its not sex, drugs, and rock n roll anymore. I think some serious topics will be brought up on the album. I will be disappointed if he only deals with generic terms. Too much has went on during the past 12 years for him to sidestep serious issues.

I agree with you,axl lyrics are brilliant and very different than 1987.
But Axl's lyrics on uyi albums were very very deep and part of art!!!
I think that new album in lyricaly view will be soething very very huge!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 07:28:56 AM »

I also hope this album isn't some sort of concept album about Stephanie Seymour and the fallout that ensued over the relationship. The Blues is most likely about her, hopefully only one or two more songs deals with this issue. Alot of UYI was based on relationships. I want this album to go in the opposite direction. Axl, you've obviously been pissed at society in general for the past decade. Tell us why.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 08:18:24 AM »

I would be a little more worried about those on stage rants if I was some of you--lol  Too late to delete it now.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 08:58:31 AM »

I would be a little more worried about those on stage rants if I was some of you--lol? Too late to delete it now.

Wink

Think for yourself
Question authority

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their
view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and
learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;
chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 09:30:04 AM »

Music and Politic are 2 different things.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 10:40:19 AM »

I'd rather not hear about politics via GN'R.

Here today...ready to rock
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005, 11:04:23 AM »

I want Axl to sing about how on that fateful day, some people in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East were cheering when the Towers fell. I think Axl would be the perfect person to convey the anger that was felt in the United States when this occured.

Well, after what happened with "One In A Million", I hope not!

I don't think Axl would like to "give" the rightwing nuts more songs to wave their flags to.

If there is a song about it, I hope it's more tasteful than a song about the "anger felt in America against the people who cheered in Europe, Asia and the Middle East".

Some of you Americans seem to forget that 9/11 was felt all over the world. It was on tv over here as well!

/jarmo

I`m agree with Jarmo. The point is that USA always start first war in all over the world. Not american people - american goverment. You get what u deserve. You`ll never know what is means war. I`m from the Balkans - thanks to your government we have a war once. About 9/11 i think this is inside job. Blame yourself.  Cry
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »

thanks for the insight dENIS!!!!  I love how compassionate you are towards the thousands who lost lives in that tragedy.  Yeah, they got what they deserve by trying to improve the world economy.  How dare they try and make the world a more prosperous place to live in where you could have an opportunity at getting a job and enjoying life!

Death to all capitalists!!  Bring back communism!  Why can't we all live under a dictatorship?!  Thanks you dENIS for showing me the way.... I have now found a warmth in the cold that we call life.

So..... is this thread going to be locked soon??
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 01:25:31 PM »

thanks for the insight dENIS!!!!? I love how compassionate you are towards the thousands who lost lives in that tragedy.? Yeah, they got what they deserve by trying to improve the world economy.? How dare they try and make the world a more prosperous place to live in where you could have an opportunity at getting a job and enjoying life!

Death to all capitalists!!? Bring back communism!? Why can't we all live under a dictatorship?!? Thanks you dENIS for showing me the way.... I have now found a warmth in the cold that we call life.

So..... is this thread going to be locked soon??

D'you wear a black armband
When they shot the man
Who said "Peace could last forever"
And in my first memories
They shot Kennedy
I went numb when I learned to see
So I never fell for Vietnam
We got the wall of D.C. to remind us all
That you can't trust freedom
When it's not in your hands
When everybody's fightin'
For their promised land

Sounds familiar?
Strange .. i never mention something about  comunism or democracy in my topic. I`m sorry  if i hurt you feelings man. But i think you don`t know what it`s like  when bombs drop on your oun head right? and when on the bombs is written - MADE IN USA.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: