Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin's message to gnr fans!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin's message to gnr fans!  (Read 8836 times)
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2005, 12:36:50 AM »

Finck's update didn't say a whole lot but I'll give the guy props atleast he didn't blow the same old smoke up everyone's ass like Dizzy and Tommy, and he more or less indirectly stated he didn't want to do that, I like Finck.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2005, 06:22:36 AM »

I also like the revamping of his site ...

I like how he makes people participate in general...It seems like he actually LIKES people and that makes HIM likeable even more.
He does what he can to pass on a little hope to fans. In return, some people are rude.

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2005, 06:29:59 AM »

gnr fans:

to be clear, the request to refrain from emailing me about Guns n' Roses is not a diss to you or to the band or to anyone. i simply am not eager to instigate that conversation until an official release date for the album is made public. otherwise, i'd go a little nutzo tossing " i dunnos" and "can't quite says" in every direction. i trust you may understand. there will most certainly be a time to embrace this new ship. let's first allow it to launch from the pad in all it's glory. i look forward to such a time.

what is real, is that i am alive and inspired and look forward to sharing this new chapter with you. thank you for your support and for your enthusiasm along this long and winding off-road trek. each email to me personally is gratefully received.

see you- r ob i n

Source: http://www.robinfinck.com/quest/faq/index.php

Translation

Email dudes - fuck off, i have no idea about this ''Axl Rose'' guy u keep asking about - i don't know anything about democracy in China either, i ain't into politics

Despite 'apparently' working on an album with 'Axl Rose'(?) for years i know nothing about it, when i hear anything about the band i'm alledgedly in i will let you know, untill then - Guns N' Roses who? Didn't they do Enter Sandman? That song rocked...i think

R O b I n (possibly - when i know i'll let u know)

Thanks Robin Undecided

ya dont have to be a dick head about it dude, na, a total dick head about it, GnR who?? Axl Rose guy??

why are you here??

Its called a joke, satire if u will of Robin's rather dubious knowledge of his alledged band - and as u spent the last few weeks drugged out of ur mind and trying to get banned i'd be careful who u call a dick ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2005, 08:56:36 AM »

It must be something fucked up keepin the album back cos every1 seems so genuinely convinced it will be released

That's a hatrick for Doull
madagas
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2005, 09:02:30 AM »

You guys crack me up-he knows what the fuck is going on-it is obvious. If management, Axl, and the record company have not decided on a date, then how could he know what the date is? Give the guy a break. He puts up a nice hearfelt statement and gets bashed for it. To me, 1. he confirms he is still in the band and sounds excited. 2. There is an album or he wouldn't be talking about a release date at all. We now have Fortus' site up and confirming he is still in the band-Tommy is still in and Brain says he's ready when he gets the call. After all this inactivity, I say Axl is lucky to have these guys stick with him. Again, there is a time and a place to be negative, but I don't see this statement as something to bash . Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2005, 10:02:35 AM »

I think it's an encouraging message. Say what you will about Robin, but he's not the type of guy to knowingly fvck with his fans. He seems to scrutinize everything he says BEFORE he says it. I take the message as pretty definitive proof that: (1) there still is a Guns N' Roses; (2) Robin Finck is still a member of Guns N' Roses; (3) there is a new album; and (4) that the band EXPECTS to release it at some point in time. Whether we relalize it or not- I think most of us were all "hoping" that the above was true without really knowing whether it was true. Now- we can be pretty damn near certain that the above is true- which despite the lack of a release date- makes it a pretty cool posting by Robin. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2005, 11:46:44 AM »

very cool he addressed the questions that he is probably hounded with constantly by people from the forums...  It's also great that he didn't blow smoke up everyone's ass and act like something was going to happen in a hair's breadth or sometime soon... On the negative side he seemed to be saying fuck off you people are constantly emailing me about cd so please stop because nothing is going to happen anytime soon.. Shame he is the lead guitar player and must get dozens of questions about when cd will come out or song questions and he isn't even able to give some simple answers.. This at least shows nothing is going to happen soon..
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2005, 11:49:16 AM »

he told the truth, shitty though it is.... well done Robin.
'nuff said.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2005, 12:07:22 PM »

he told the truth, shitty though it is.... well done Robin.
'nuff said.
he said nothing only because everyone was pissing him off cluttering up his email asking his lame ass questions about cd.. He basically wants to be left alone that is the only reason he even said anything..
I mean is there any person in this "band" that can even say one little piece of usefull information.. When the lead guitarist says to the die hard fans stop emailing me already then there is a problem..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2005, 12:18:35 PM »

Is it true that about 30 of crackbrains from a certain board had sent him poisonpen mails? nervous
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2005, 12:38:36 PM »

When the lead guitarist says to the die hard fans stop emailing me already then there is a problem..

You're right Mike, I always hated that fact about the new GNR alumni. It's like GNR is a headache, an annoyance etc, they always seem angry to have to discuss it. Maybe it's the gag orders they bought into with their contracts and the frustration of not being able to speak freely gets on their tits...
madagas
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2005, 12:51:24 PM »

Where is the anger in Robin's statement? People really have a way of reading negativity in to things-especially on the gnr boards-it is kinda sad. He can't say anything because he is contractually bound. It is really quite simple. Tommy tried to throw hope out there and got burned-for being a nice guy!!!  Angry
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2005, 01:06:38 PM »

Some people really need to get a life. For god's sake people he posted a message saying that his website is not the place for cd info. Can you not see this? Robin probably gets hundreds of emails a day asking him the same questions over and over again. I bet that gets tiring after awhile. I know if it was me, I would have posted something like a rant telling people to leave me the fuck alone. Robin acknowledged the fans by posting the message, which is awesome. Now if some of the "fans" would stop bitching ( that means you mike ok) then everything would be ok.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2005, 01:28:45 PM »

When the lead guitarist says to the die hard fans stop emailing me already then there is a problem..

Maybe he posted that because he feels he's sort of letting the fans down by not being able to give them an answer?

Tommy got attacked for guessing when the album is gonna be out, Robin gets attacked for saying he doesn't want to tell people "I don't know".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2005, 02:58:10 PM »

Some people really need to get a life. For god's sake people he posted a message saying that his website is not the place for cd info. Can you not see this? Robin probably gets hundreds of emails a day asking him the same questions over and over again. I bet that gets tiring after awhile. I know if it was me, I would have posted something like a rant telling people to leave me the fuck alone. Robin acknowledged the fans by posting the message, which is awesome. Now if some of the "fans" would stop bitching ( that means you mike ok) then everything would be ok.
Sorry he's only been in the band since 1997 and there's nothing yet..? I said it was cool he said something, but he wanted people to stop bothering him..? He acknowledge the fans because he is sick and tired of nut jobs aksing him each day about some album he has no clue about.. Say what you like about me, but I'm not on his website bothering him about details he doesn't have.. it was cool he said something but he ONLY said something because he wants all the people driving him nuts to "get a life"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 04:27:52 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2005, 03:06:59 PM »

Maybe he posted that because he feels he's sort of letting the fans down by not being able to give them an answer?

Tommy got attacked for guessing when the album is gonna be out, Robin gets attacked for saying he doesn't want to tell people "I don't know".

/jarmo

he probably does, I'm sure he has serious doubts as well about if anything will ever happen.. So each annoying message he gets is just a constant reminder fo the failure of the band and the idea his material is sitting on the shelf from 1997-2005+ whatever....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2005, 04:30:25 PM »

Sorry he's only been in the band since 1997 and there's nothing yet..  I said it was cool he said something, but he wanted people to stop bothering him..  He acknowledge the fans because he is sick and tired of nut jobs aksing him each day about some album he has no clue about.. Say what you like about me, but I'm not on his website bothering him about details he doesn't have.. it was cool he said something but he ONLY said something because he wants all the people driving him nuts to "get a life"

Is that a bad thing? Hell if you were getting hundreds of emails a day asking you questions you can't answer for one reason or another, you would want them to get a life too.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2005, 06:10:21 PM »

Enjoy Robin's site, take a look at the link's he choose, you might learn something new. It's a site to share a diferent view on life and art.
Most of the people bashing him or the jerks who sent him email's didn't get it, it's not a GNR Offficial Site.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »

Sorry he's only been in the band since 1997 and there's nothing yet..? I said it was cool he said something, but he wanted people to stop bothering him..? He acknowledge the fans because he is sick and tired of nut jobs aksing him each day about some album he has no clue about.. Say what you like about me, but I'm not on his website bothering him about details he doesn't have.. it was cool he said something but he ONLY said something because he wants all the people driving him nuts to "get a life"

Is that a bad thing? Hell if you were getting hundreds of emails a day asking you questions you can't answer for one reason or another, you would want them to get a life too.

of course CB.. I would also be let down because each time someone emails me or posts soemthing in relations to the album or a future tour I would have nothing good to say.. That would really hurt me to know the fans are out their supporting the band or myself and I have nothing in information to give them.. I would feel likeI was letting the fans down to a degree.. The time to worry is when the questions or emails stop coming, as long as people ask about the album the new band lives.. Robin seems like a real nice guy and I'm glad he took the time out to say something.. it just sucks that people have to break his balls to hear something.. We have all read about merck saying 2005 is the year and i hope it is, but you would think the wheels would be turing and the idea the band could spread the word would eb aplus.. After reading what he said there are good things but it also seems like there is nothing in the near future which seems to contradict the 2005 is the year.. Axl steers the ship so he knows everything.. I also feel really bad that robin, brain, tommy and dizzy all have to comment on CD and aren't able to speak about the album with any detail..

Robin is  regular cool dude that probably had really high hopes with the new abnd adn was sure as hell planning to do something a lot sooner.. it must drive him nuts to get some questions and have to sit there and say damn we could have been touring the world now, or that is another festival we have to miss, or we could have been on our third single or video ,etc.. He might want some peace, and the out of sight out of mind theory right now..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2005, 06:48:14 PM »

Mike, or anyone who feels that way,

You always have the option to forget about GN'R till you hear a concrete announcement.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: