Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 07:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl getting pissed at Buckethead?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl getting pissed at Buckethead?  (Read 15066 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »

I find it strange that most of you dont think ignoring someone is rude. If someone asks you a question, do you ignore them? If I were Axl, I would have walked over there and knocked that mask off of his face.

Roll Eyes

Even though Buckethead has a couple black belts in various martial arts and would likely knock that wig off axl's head with his nunchuka's.  ok  rofl

But seriously , instead of getting way way off topic here .. you say Buckethead ignored axl ... you havent even seen video of what took place , axl coulda been talking to any of the band members. Moreover , if he was talking to Bucket , have you stopped to think for one second that maybe Buckethead didnt hear him? maybe Bucket was talking to someone else at that moment like his guitar tech or another band member? maybe he was tuning his guitar , fixing an effect pedal or any other number of things.

Dont just be ignorant and say that because axl had to ask Bucket something twice that all of a sudden it's Buckets fault democracy isnt out and his parts should be erased from the album.  Roll Eyes

Do you even realize how juvenile that sounds?  Huh

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 10:14:12 PM »

And if he was being asked to play within GNR-esque parameters   in the studio then there's no reason for him, in particular, to be involved. I don't know if that was the case, perhaps someone else can clarify that. Either way, you could have just about any other professional guitarist filling that role. Now, a GNR focused around BH as the crowning jewel, that would be something else.

Well , on IRS Buckethead plays a solo thats obviously "his" style and also on bootlegs of Silkworms , Rhiad and Oh My God you also can hear Bucket going off with his own style .. most certainly as far away from "slash style" soloing .. so I'm gonna harbor a guess that he was afforded quite some freedom to stretch out and do some solo's that , if ever heard on an album , will obviously be easily reconized as Buckethead guitar work.

I'm also pretty sure Bucket layed down alot of "traditional" style solo's too as Buckethead can tear up the "blues" type solo style slash is famous for. Then again , what style cant Big B do on a guitar? Oh yeah .. none.  hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 10:26:25 PM »

I never said it was a "conspiracy theory". I was just passing along something I had failed to notice before in that show. And it is Buckethead he's talking to. Maybe Axl didnt think it was a big deal. Maybe Buckethead always does that kind of shit. I just thought it was rude for him to be ignored like that. Something else that's funny is how Falcon had to 'Yawn' in his reply to my thread. But he's been living in this thread ever since I posted it.

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 10:34:30 PM »

And if he was being asked to play within GNR-esque parameters? ?in the studio then there's no reason for him, in particular, to be involved. I don't know if that was the case, perhaps someone else can clarify that. Either way, you could have just about any other professional guitarist filling that role. Now, a GNR focused around BH as the crowning jewel, that would be something else.

Well , on IRS Buckethead plays a solo thats obviously "his" style and also on bootlegs of Silkworms , Rhiad and Oh My God you also can hear Bucket going off with his own style .. most certainly as far away from "slash style" soloing .. so I'm gonna harbor a guess that he was afforded quite some freedom to stretch out and do some solo's that , if ever heard on an album , will obviously be easily reconized as Buckethead guitar work.

I'm also pretty sure Bucket layed down alot of "traditional" style solo's too as Buckethead can tear up the "blues" type solo style slash is famous for. Then again , what style cant Big B do on a guitar? Oh yeah .. none.? hihi

That's true but I do wonder if, given numerous takes of a part in the studio, whether Axl would choose the most out-there BH style take or the most conservative one. I would hope for the former, but there's no way to know.

It must have been frustrating though, to be asked to replicate Slash's leads on the old songs, especially when most of the material they played live was the old band's stuff. Certainly, Buckethead shines brightest on the live recordings when he's going off on his own ?thing, we can only imagine what he could have brought to the old material given a free hand.

Then again maybe the whole situation was completely uninspiring to him, even the new material sounds like standard GNR fare with a just a few tweaks. There's not really any obvious (to me) BH influence in the tracks we've heard so far, which leaves me wondering how much he was allowed to collaborate in the songwriting aspect. That's where he'd have been most beneficial to the group, in my opinion. Just asking him to riff on a Paul Tobias composition would be somewhat of a waste by comparison. ?
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 10:35:45 PM »

I never said it was a "conspiracy theory". I was just passing along something I had failed to notice before in that show. And it is Buckethead he's talking to. Maybe Axl didnt think it was a big deal. Maybe Buckethead always does that kind of shit. I just thought it was rude for him to be ignored like that. Something else that's funny is how Falcon had to 'Yawn' in his reply to my thread. But he's been living in this thread ever since I posted it.
You've still failed to prove that BH was ignoring Axl. Until you do, any specualtion on the subject is pointless.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 10:47:17 PM »

What am I supposed to prove?? I heard what I heard. If I was the only person with a copy of the concert, I could see you asking me to prove it. Go listen to it!! Until then, all speculation by you is basically "pointless".

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 11:04:15 PM »

What am I supposed to prove?? I heard what I heard. If I was the only person with a copy of the concert, I could see you asking me to prove it. Go listen to it!! Until then, all speculation by you is basically "pointless".

Oh God, here goes:

What would you hear on the recording if BH had answered him? Nothing. Buckethead wouldn't have a mic and wouldn't speak into it if he did have one, so how do you know that Axl was being ignored? All you heard was Axl yelling. Perhaps BH wasn't even aware that Axl was talking to him, "you. . . over there" could be anyone in the band. I know that people here are desperate for somehting new to talk about, but you're clutching at straws now.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 11:32:33 PM »

Then why does Axl have to keep repeating himself? HK-47, have you even listened to it? I'm grasping at straws?? I think a person who goes from thread to thread insulting people is grasping at straws. You have nothing to say, so you have to go around criticizing someone else's posts or you insult them. Pretty pathetic!

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 11:46:06 PM »

Then why does Axl have to keep repeating himself? HK-47, have you even listened to it? I'm grasping at straws?? I think a person who goes from thread to thread insulting people is grasping at straws. You have nothing to say, so you have to go around criticizing someone else's posts or you insult them. Pretty pathetic!
I have never listened to it. I did notice, however, that your transcription of the nonevent ends with the words "hey! hey! hey!" which sounds a lot like someone trying to attract the attention of another, as opposed to something you'd say to someone looking right at you, does it not?

I think it's pretty clear that I don't go from thread to thread insulting people as I would be banned for doing so. However, every time you accuse me of it I'm forced to insult you a little for even suggesting it. You big stupidhead.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 12:58:43 AM »

Is buckethead an autist? It's a serious question.

Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication.
The question is: Why the hell Axl brang him in the band? To a certain extent, Axl is also to blame. He is the boss isn't he? so he is responsible of his own choices....and of his own mistakes. About Buckethead, in french we call that "une erreur de casting". That's exactly what it is: the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong moment in the wrong band. Sure he was talented, but something was wrong with that guy from the begining. He didn't seem happy in GN'R, he didn't seem at his right place. I think he is better as a solo artist. GN'R was too big for him.

?Buckethead was a definite gamble. ?It was all a risk-reward thing. ?If GNR could have harnessed this guy's talent, the sky was the limit...I feel like I'm talking about my favorite football team the Minnesota Vikings and the just-departed super-talent/locker-room cancer Randy Moss. ?Hopefully, at some point in the future we get to hear the real story straight from all parties involved. ? Undecided

HAHAHAHAHAHA lets see how good Minnesota do this season, Culpepper was on pace to break Marino's record until Moss got injured and then what did Culpepper do? absolutely nothing.

I am a Vikings fan also but that was one of the worst trades in any sport ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estranged.1098
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 03:27:31 AM »

if you listen to the Tacoma soundboard show you hear Axl yelling at Brain after November Rain...says something about his loud drumming on that particular song

He's talking to the sound people responsible for his ear monitor, not to Brain.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »

Now I know why Axl called the internet a garbage can rofl

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 10:50:35 PM »

if you listen to the Tacoma soundboard show you hear Axl yelling at Brain after November Rain...says something about his loud drumming on that particular song

I think he's talking to the guys doing his monitor mix actually Wink
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 12:04:01 AM »

Like forget Axl getting mad at Buckethead... I am getting mad that no CD has been released after how many years of it being in the works... how many years of final touches does it need anyway?

Nah, I cant't say that I am mad.  And I doubt Axl was about to throw a fit of rage at Bhead.  It was just one comment, among thousands that people make everyday.  I do not think it was very significant at all.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 04:08:28 AM »

does anyone have the file of him "Spazing" at BH?  Maybe put it up on Yousendit or Youshareit?

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 05:39:01 AM »

I think he's bee pissed at lot of people recently like at the "sound guy" in RIR III yes no yes
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2005, 05:42:39 AM »

I find it strange that most of you dont think ignoring someone is rude. If someone asks you a question, do you ignore them? If I were Axl, I would have walked over there and knocked that mask off of his face.

It's customary to ignore people being assholes isn't it?

Buckethead wasn't hired to be Axl's servant, he was hired to lend his talent to the band(or should have been).

As far as the "If Axl asked you a question, you better fucking answer him" comment.....

Corny, stupid and extremely full of brown-nosing mentality.

Noone has to kiss Axl's ass in order to perform their art, and Bucket obviously felt the same way because HE WALKED THE FUCK OUT TOO!

Keep your ego in check or you will always remain a "washed-up has-been".

Understand? DO YA?!!! HUH?!!! DO YA?!!!! Roll Eyes

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2005, 09:39:55 AM »

"This is a song that, uh, this is a song that the working title is called ?The Blues.?? After ?The Blues,? Axl again jokes, ?Are we gonna do that? Are ?choo gonna do that? Are ?choo gonna play that thing over there? Hey answer me, haha! Hey, hey, hey! Cool. Ladies and gentlemen, once again, Mr. Buckethead!? Right after he does what seems like a very funny Eric Cartman [from South Park] impression."  I think theres ur answer this is from that consert!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 09:47:35 AM »

Well, Buckethead is gone, it's a good thing. Talent? sure he was talented but Richard and Robin are enough talented together to put GN'R at the top again. 2 cohesive guitarists are better than 3 individualities without connexion. It's like a sport team you see?
The new GN'R isn't a question of talent: That point is ok.
The new GN'R is now a question of image, of reputation toward the general public especially after the 2002 avorted tour. That's what they all should care about now. Credibility. We are not in 1992 anymore, nobody is waiting for GN'R (exept us), the band has to "seduce" the general public now The talent is here, not the credibility. Buckethead's departure was an exellent thing for that point. Now let's hope Finck forget his goth image in GN'R forever (because it is a damage) and Guns N' Roses 2.0. will be ready to rule the world.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 09:50:45 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2005, 11:28:02 AM »

"This is a song that, uh, this is a song that the working title is called ?The Blues.?? After ?The Blues,? Axl again jokes, ?Are we gonna do that? Are ?choo gonna do that? Are ?choo gonna play that thing over there? Hey answer me, haha! Hey, hey, hey! Cool. Ladies and gentlemen, once again, Mr. Buckethead!? Right after he does what seems like a very funny Eric Cartman [from South Park] impression."  I think theres ur answer this is from that consert!!!

Thanks so much latti10 for clearing it up.  ok
How ridiculously misleading the extract misread totally out of context can be! It's a crime. Angry
RustyCage. now you know it's not Axl who believes in feudalism.

And how!
I find it rather strange that you haven't answered my question yet. Or is it deliberate? Angry

Helen Keller is nothing short of a fucking legend. And Her teacher Anne Sullivan.
Being kind sometimes rigorous with Helen She never gave her up. Her indomitable spirit did wonders for the girl.
She responded to the teacher's bearing by bearing down and eventually surmounted incredible difficulties she had born with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: