Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 06:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl getting pissed at Buckethead?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl getting pissed at Buckethead?  (Read 15062 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: May 25, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »

Has anyone ever listened to the exchange between Axl and Buckethead at the Tokyo show? I haven't seen the video, I'm just going by the bootleg I listen to. It happens after The Blues. Axl says:" Well, are we gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna play that thing over there? Hey! Answer me! Hey! Hey! Hey!" And then Buckethead starts playing the guitar. This is hilarious! I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall backstage when Axl confronted him over this.       I know Buckethead has his little act going, but when Axl Rose asks you a question, you fuckin answer him. You dont just stand there like a deaf mute! Such total disrespect! Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication. Imagine being in Axl's shoes. Try recording an album with a guy who wont even answer a simple question onstage. Kind of puts the whole wait in a slightly different perspective, doesn't it?                 Tommy doesn't like the guy. I understand why now. He gives zero feedback. Its a miracle he lasted as long as he did. I used to hope that his parts are on the album. Not anymore. He doesn't deserve to bask in Axl's limelght. I have one thing to say to Buckethead: "Good Riddance!" Breaking News: The long wait wasn't Axl's fault! It was that Helen Keller, chicken eating bastard's fault! Damn you, Buckethead! LMAO!!

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 04:42:55 PM »

How do you know that Tommy doesn't like the guy??

EEEERRRR Little boy
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 04:46:32 PM »

tommy said so.

Chinese Democracy!
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »

that whole silent thing is an act... he talks backstage, if he didnt there'd be be no fucking way he'd have made it as far as he did.  and if axl fired him cuz he didnt answer him on stage then axl would def. be the douche bag in this situation... and fuck that shit about bucket holding up chinese democracy... you don't know, you have noooooo idea what the reason is.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 05:00:26 PM »

Axl says:" Well, are we gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna play that thing over there? Hey! Answer me! Hey! Hey! Hey!" And then Buckethead starts playing the guitar. This is hilarious! I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall backstage when Axl confronted him over this.       I know Buckethead has his little act going, but when Axl Rose asks you a question, you fuckin answer him. You dont just stand there like a deaf mute! Such total disrespect! Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication. Imagine being in Axl's shoes. Try recording an album with a guy who wont even answer a simple question onstage. Kind of puts the whole wait in a slightly different perspective, doesn't it?
No, you're totally on the wrong track. Roll Eyes  They say Axl loved BH (well too much, which I don't agree)         
"Good Riddance!" Breaking News: The long wait wasn't Axl's fault!
No.
It was that Helen Keller,
What's wrong with Helen Keller? Yo? Hey! Answer me! Hey! Hey! Hey!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 05:04:10 PM »

Bucket, I know its an act. Which makes what he did even more shameful! Do you think if Axl asked Izzy or Slash, or even Robin or Tommy something, that they would ignore him? I dont think so! If anyone ever deserved an ass kicking, it was Buckethead on that night in Tokyo. I usually skip the rants and dead silence between the songs, but last night I listened to it all the way through. I was amazed at this brief exchange between the two of them. I'm also surprised no one else had mentioned this. did Buckethead do other similar stunts at any of the other shows? Who has the video of this? How does the exchange play out on video?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 06:15:27 PM »

Is buckethead an autist? It's a serious question.

Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication.
The question is: Why the hell Axl brang him in the band? To a certain extent, Axl is also to blame. He is the boss isn't he? so he is responsible of his own choices....and of his own mistakes. About Buckethead, in french we call that "une erreur de casting". That's exactly what it is: the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong moment in the wrong band. Sure he was talented, but something was wrong with that guy from the begining. He didn't seem happy in GN'R, he didn't seem at his right place. I think he is better as a solo artist. GN'R was too big for him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 06:33:10 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 06:43:49 PM »

I know Buckethead has his little act going, but when Axl Rose asks you a question, you fuckin answer him.

Yawn.

Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »

I agree, nesquick. I used to think he was quite a good choice for GNR. He actually fit in to the whackiness that is now GNR and I had a positive opinion about the guy. That opinion is now forever gone. Its hard to believe Axl kept the guy in the band for more then a year after this incident. I have a feeling that when Axl starts doing interviews again and is asked about the wait after 2002, Buckethead's name will be mentioned several times.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 06:49:49 PM »

Falcon, thanks for enlightening us with that intellectually stimulating post.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 06:54:35 PM »

if you listen to the Tacoma soundboard show you hear Axl yelling at Brain after November Rain...says something about his loud drumming on that particular song

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 06:57:33 PM »

I think you guys should climb out of Axls ass for a second and stop assuming any friction in the band is not Axls fault but everyone elses

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 07:24:56 PM »

Buckethead is way above dealing with a joke like axl these days. It probably seemed like something worthwhile & profitable 5 years ago, but BigB saw what a dildo that whaxl has become and split. When u have people like Serj wanting to work with u, hasbeens like axl are no longer needed.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 08:05:32 PM »

Falcon, thanks for enlightening us with that intellectually stimulating post.

My "yawn" and  Roll Eyes was much more well thought out than the following:

"Axl Rose asks you a question, you fuckin answer him."

I think it's time to finally realize (like most already have) BH thought of GNR as a mere side project
and was somewhat less than interested in the music he had to play during his involvement with GNR.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 08:12:12 PM »

Is buckethead an autist? It's a serious question.

Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication.
The question is: Why the hell Axl brang him in the band? To a certain extent, Axl is also to blame. He is the boss isn't he? so he is responsible of his own choices....and of his own mistakes. About Buckethead, in french we call that "une erreur de casting". That's exactly what it is: the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong moment in the wrong band. Sure he was talented, but something was wrong with that guy from the begining. He didn't seem happy in GN'R, he didn't seem at his right place. I think he is better as a solo artist. GN'R was too big for him.

?Buckethead was a definite gamble. ?It was all a risk-reward thing. ?If GNR could have harnessed this guy's talent, the sky was the limit...I feel like I'm talking about my favorite football team the Minnesota Vikings and the just-departed super-talent/locker-room cancer Randy Moss. ?Hopefully, at some point in the future we get to hear the real story straight from all parties involved. ? Undecided

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 08:37:43 PM »

Has anyone ever listened to the exchange between Axl and Buckethead at the Tokyo show? I haven't seen the video, I'm just going by the bootleg I listen to. It happens after The Blues. Axl says:" Well, are we gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna do that? Aren't ya gonna play that thing over there? Hey! Answer me! Hey! Hey! Hey!" And then Buckethead starts playing the guitar. This is hilarious! I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall backstage when Axl confronted him over this.       I know Buckethead has his little act going, but when Axl Rose asks you a question, you fuckin answer him. You dont just stand there like a deaf mute! Such total disrespect! Bucket is lucky he wasn't fired that night. I can now understand why he's no longer in the band. Just a total lack of communication. Imagine being in Axl's shoes. Try recording an album with a guy who wont even answer a simple question onstage. Kind of puts the whole wait in a slightly different perspective, doesn't it?                 Tommy doesn't like the guy. I understand why now. He gives zero feedback. Its a miracle he lasted as long as he did. I used to hope that his parts are on the album. Not anymore. He doesn't deserve to bask in Axl's limelght. I have one thing to say to Buckethead: "Good Riddance!" Breaking News: The long wait wasn't Axl's fault! It was that Helen Keller, chicken eating bastard's fault! Damn you, Buckethead! LMAO!!

Probably one of the most childish , over dramatic and ignorant posts I've ever read here.  Roll Eyes

And if you actually believe for one second that Buckethead "doesnt talk" to fellow bandmates backstage and in the studio then you sir really need to back away from the computer and go out and get some fresh air. I actually had to read your post multiple times just to assure myself you were being serious.  Huh Huh

Hilarious.  rofl

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 09:14:39 PM »

message board gold this is.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

I find it strange that most of you dont think ignoring someone is rude. If someone asks you a question, do you ignore them? If I were Axl, I would have walked over there and knocked that mask off of his face.

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »

Buckethead was far from a "mistake", it made perfect sense for Axl to want him in the band. It was, however, a mistake to bring him in while the band isn't moving forward. It was a waste of time and talent to have BH learning old GNR songs. And if he was being asked to play within GNR-esque parameters   in the studio then there's no reason for him, in particular, to be involved. I don't know if that was the case, perhaps someone else can clarify that. Either way, you could have just about any other professional guitarist filling that role. Now, a GNR focused around BH as the crowning jewel, that would be something else.
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

I find it strange that most of you dont think ignoring someone is rude. If someone asks you a question, do you ignore them? If I were Axl, I would have walked over there and knocked that mask off of his face.
How do you know that he wasn't answering? It's not as if he was likely to communicate via the PA system. Perhaps he was having technical problems? Basing your little conspiracy theory on an audio track with only one side of the conversation seems a little idiotic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: