Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you have a goal in life? What do you worry?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have a goal in life? What do you worry?  (Read 17100 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2005, 02:02:57 AM »

I wrote my first book when I was 16-17. It was a science fiction/comedy (inspired by Douglas Adams) named "You can't take the tub to town."

I am working on one now named "A cul-de-sac named Rubicon". It is an autobiography.
journey
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2005, 03:46:02 AM »

I wrote my first book when I was 16-17. It was a science fiction/comedy (inspired by Douglas Adams) named "You can't take the tub to town."

I am working on one now named "A cul-de-sac named Rubicon". It is an autobiography.

That seems really interesting.

Have you considered pursuing writing as a career?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2005, 04:05:19 AM »

I only got as far as having sex with my English teacher.

journey
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2005, 04:32:54 AM »

You gotta start somewhere.  Wink

I love to write stories also. I hope to get some of them published before I lose my mind.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2005, 04:37:26 AM »

LOL, well seriously I will try to get this book published, when I finish it. It is detailed and complex.

The other I started to, but in the end, did not. My English teacher was proof reading and editing it for me before the booze years took over. It's in storage right now, it made the people laugh who read it, so that was good enough for me.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2005, 06:55:22 AM »

was he/she a male?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2005, 07:54:09 AM »

Was that in your scince fiction/comedy novel or in real life, I don't see the comedy in that, or do I....

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2005, 02:04:10 PM »

was he/she a male?

She was not a male. Tongue
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2005, 03:08:41 PM »

MCT, those are my stories. Not copied from someone else. At first, I felt insulted by your comments. But now I'm flattered. You thought it was so good that I must have ripped it off. Thanks.

MCT
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2005, 06:46:04 PM »

Forget I even mentioned it; you'd be better off.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »

Carlos, the first book deals with the underground child sex slave trade. He is friends with a twelve year old girl, and when her parents find out about it, they freak out. So there friendship is over, but he promises to come back for her when she's older. He leaves town and lives his own life. While he is in Columbia doing a covert operation, the girl gets raped and kidnapped from a park. He finds out she has been sold into slavery and the story is about his worldwide search for the girl in the sexual underground. He eventually gets a female partner. But at the end of the book, you realize that his female partner wasn't really a partner, she was a figment of his imagination.? ? ? ? The second book deals with Time Travel. In 2012, a black hole explodes in Chicago. Its a worldwide catastrophe. This yuppie terrorist group takes responsibility. So he is sent back to 1987 Chicago, where this group is going to college. This story isn't really about the 'attack', its mostly about trying to come to terms with your past.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The third book deals with the issue of faith, or the lack of faith. A 747 crashes in Mongolia. The only survivors say that a man claiming to be Christ was on the plane. The only people who survived the crash are those that believed he was Christ. Basically the story is about people not believing its really Jesus, even with alot of events happening that should make you believe its true.

Hi man, how are you doing?
Its been a while... but I just read the summary of your trilogy....
It looks interesting... (honestly)  anyway... It would be refreshing to read something more about the trilogy... if you have the time or the will to write more... that d be amazing...

ps: when do you plan to release the books?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2005, 08:59:12 AM »

i'd like to put my face in bowl of soup and blow. for 20 bucks.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2005, 05:18:24 PM »

Carlos, I'm glad you liked it. Alot of people are going to like it when its finished, especially the first book. It deals with very taboo subjects. I have no idea when it will be finished. I haven't sent it to the publisher yet. I want it to be absolutely perfect. The artistic side of me can understand why Axl is taking so long. These books are a world that I created, and I want it to be a certain way before public consumption. I'm sure Axl feels the same way. I'll spend some time over the next few weeks doing some fine tuning to the first book, then I'll post the first few chapters.     

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2005, 06:29:09 PM »

Nesquick's advices
Choose the people with who you want to be. Do what you think is fair, sincere and honnest. If you have something to say, say it. Don't let anyone to tell you what you have to say or what you have to think. Don't be impressed. Neither in real life (people) nor on the internet (boardmembers, moderators etc...). Listen to your parents and Always be correct with others, it's very important. However IF some are not correct with you, you have the right to be uncorrect with them. It will be totally justified. Try to understand there will always be unhappy people who will always criticize you or say negatice comments about you: ignore them.

You've to know you can't please everybody unless you are an exeptional person admired by EVERYBODY (it happens) or...an hypocrit person way too silencious who hides his game (the most frequent thing though).?A normal person have some enemies, it's normal, accept it. it's part of life!? After that, all will be OK.??Cool
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 06:48:07 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2005, 02:24:23 PM »

Carlos, I'm glad you liked it. Alot of people are going to like it when its finished, especially the first book. It deals with very taboo subjects. I have no idea when it will be finished. I haven't sent it to the publisher yet. I want it to be absolutely perfect. The artistic side of me can understand why Axl is taking so long. These books are a world that I created, and I want it to be a certain way before public consumption. I'm sure Axl feels the same way. I'll spend some time over the next few weeks doing some fine tuning to the first book, then I'll post the first few chapters.? ? ?

Hi James, how are you doing?

I hope you dont take as much time as Axl, to post a summary of your trilogy..  peace  crying
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2005, 12:24:54 AM »

My goal is to get out of life alive without going to prison

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2005, 01:03:25 AM »

My goal is to get out of life alive without going to prison
hmmm... well... my advice to you is to STOP LISTENING TO BON JOVI!  This will lead to a life of degradation!

hihi

My immediate goals are:

1.  to finish my short story so that I can get my 'zine to the printers and get this sucker printed and out to the people who are already placing orders for it.

2.  Once the 'zine is back from the printers, then I need to actually assemble them which will take work. 

My long term goals are:

1.  to watch my children grow up and mature in to beautiful adults.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2005, 01:08:19 AM »

My short term goal is to get my desire and my heart back

I dont wanna exercise or work out anymore

and I dont wanna play music anymore

I just want to lie in my room,eat,watch Tv and die

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2005, 01:13:31 AM »

Are you alright, dude? 
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2005, 06:08:58 AM »

D, what's going on? Are you all right? Send me a pm or something.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: