Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you have a goal in life? What do you worry?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have a goal in life? What do you worry?  (Read 17104 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: May 19, 2005, 09:44:42 AM »

Few months back I was talking with a doctor and he told it's easier to do long days at work if you got a goal (getting promoted etc.) I realized I didn't and quit my job about a month later.

What's your goal?

I'm pretty thrilled about that my girlfirends is moving to live with me, it just gives life a positive spin, not to mention that my living expenses are cut down a notch.

I also have some job interviews coming and I hope I get some other job than this shit I'm doing now. Even tough it gives me time to surf around the net. And now I know what I want to study, so my goal is either to go studying or find I job I actually like and want to do.

What I  worry most, or what brings me down is mostly that I always seem to be at work or cleaning around the house after my dogs have played destruction derby while I was at work, just few days ago I got home at work 10 pm and my bedroom was full of pillow-stuffing, and the other dog had thrown up in my bed. Another big worry is the bills section, but I guess I'd manage if they'd let me get my pay tax-free for a couple of months.I'd just want a few hours for myself, but I just don't seem to get the time, there's always something I'd have to do yesterday.

But everything seems to go in the right direction anyway.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
MCT
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 09:54:57 AM »

What's your goal?

To touch a girl's boobie... nervous
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:01 AM »

My main, immediate goal in life is to wrap up the music I'm working on and get my album out, for better or worse.? It's all I think about when I'm not working, and all I ever work on when I'm at home.

For longer term goals, I'm really trying to ramp up my professional work at my job and putting in the extra hours to do things really well and excel at my job.? Our company is really starting to expand again, and we've just purchased a building in downtown Minneapolis, which means we have to step up our monthly income by around 10% or so to afford the building, so we have to keep pushing ourselves forward.? Ultimately, I want to be pretty rich within the next five-eight years, then look into finding a wife and starting a family, so I can focus on my family and not be so concerned with work.? This goal is on my mind every night because I am proud at how far I've come and what I've achieved so far, but I still have so far to go.

Along with that, I'm really feeling a lot of pressure from different angles in my life to quit all my boozing and drug use, which would probably be a good idea, and I do intend to, it's just pretty hard to say, "This will be the last one...."? ?Wink
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 10:22:14 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:53:27 AM »

What's your goal?

To witness the Apocalypse and the Battle of Armageddon, to help in the the timely defeat of the Antichrist and of course to witness the second coming of Christ

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 11:26:40 AM »

i don't have a clue what my goal in life is, and thats starting to worry me. i've jsut about finished my first year at uni and don't even know what i want to do my masters in.

i wish i had something to look forward to that i could work at over time but i can't seem to settle on anything yet. i never seem to be content with my own life and i think a lack of a tangible goal is the main reason behind that.

Unless you count "living long enough to see the release of CD" as a goal.....
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »

My goal is just to make movies for a living and get paid for it!

EEEERRRR Little boy
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 01:42:10 PM »

My goal in life is to win the lottery  ok.  I literally finished my university life 3 hours ago and I really don't want to work 9 -5 to make someone else rich.

All i worry about is my current 'status quo' i.e. I take my health and the health of others I care about for granted. That's the only thing that can fuck me up!

I plan to experience a lot more than I have. Although material things are nice, I have realised that experiences and memories are much better. Also I have realised that it is all too easy to fall into something that you don't really enjoy doing and hardwork gets noticed eventually if you have the balls to commit ot something.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

I plan to experience a lot more than I have. Although material things are nice, I have realised that experiences and memories are much better. Also I have realised that it is all too easy to fall into something that you don't really enjoy doing and hardwork gets noticed eventually if you have the balls to commit ot something.

Experience is the most important part I think.

Material things are nice, don't get me wrong, and I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying them. The question is: how much is enough?

That is the balance. I have set my life up so I can have a balance, not too extravagant, and able to have free time. Living comfortably. I could have more, and have the credit to get about anything I want, but I don't. I would end up in a cycle of working for things that ultimately do not matter to me.

I would rather have a backpack on hiking or skiing somewhere then having a house bigger than I need to impress nobody. Experience is king.

Having the balls is important too. I think fear keeps people locked in. I am doing exactly what I want, although it comes slowly (impatient) is is still awesome as I see it unfold.

There is nothing wrong with wanting money and comfort or nice things. I do. But when they are you only drive then you are wasting your time I think.

MCT
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 05:48:16 PM »

Material things are nice, don't get me wrong, and I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying them. The question is: how much is enough?

That is the balance. I have set my life up so I can have a balance, not too extravagant, and able to have free time. Living comfortably. I could have more, and have the credit to get about anything I want, but I don't. I would end up in a cycle of working for things that ultimately do not matter to me.

I would rather have a backpack on hiking or skiing somewhere then having a house bigger than I need to impress nobody. Experience is king.

Having the balls is important too. I think fear keeps people locked in. I am doing exactly what I want, although it comes slowly (impatient) is is still awesome as I see it unfold.

There is nothing wrong with wanting money and comfort or nice things. I do. But when they are you only drive then you are wasting your time I think.

Listen to Tyler Durden... Roll Eyes
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »

Honestly My goal in life is getting a scholarship to Japan or china, it would be the greater achievement I'd  get...
In the other hand... I would really like to go to a GNR concert... I hope it to be with the original band membes....
and improving my English Smiley  ok
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 01:50:47 AM »

What's your goal?

To witness the Apocalypse and the Battle of Armageddon, to help in the the timely defeat of the Antichrist and of course to witness the second coming of Christ

smoking Izzy  smoking
So....your goal is to end up in a sanitarium?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 02:52:14 AM »

So....your goal is to end up in a sanitarium?
Precisely

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 02:55:51 AM »

Who is that?
psycotron
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 04:00:12 AM »

my goal is to put oil all over my body and then slide down a ten pin bowling lane.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 08:42:23 AM »

I love music and i really feel this is where i should be. I was in a band for 6 years which i loved but the other guys fell out and it disapeard. And i have been what I call a 'phase' since then where i have felt a bit lost.  Tried working tried to be like everyone else and switch off. But factories do my head in after a while i just can't switch off. I need to be creative

So i went to uni and even that doesn't feel right.  I have learnt i dont like people trying to teach me about music.  I like my ideas to be natural and the musicians i love have all learnt music in an organic natural way - and i like that.

Whether i can break into the industry though is another thing.  Unfortunatly It is an industry and it's driven by image and money. I haven't got the look and don't want it.  And is it me or does the industry seem more closed off to the idea of new talent more than ever ?  You can't send in demos anymore.  Every A&R guy seem to be total twats lol  You have to worm your way in - that's not me though. So it will have to be based on talent if i have that. But then i wonder if writing songs for other people is also kind of selling out? 

You guys are right about experience. I feel happy with what i have done in my life have had a good time made great friends, always tried to be true to myself on things i do.  But i know i haven't experienced enough as such but hopefully i will have time on my side to make up for it.   Good luck to you all anyway.   

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 11:34:48 AM »

My goal is to stay present and find peace...
MCT
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 02:20:01 PM »

Who is that?

Either read some Chuck Palahniuk or watch some David Fincher to find out.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 02:28:54 PM »

Who is that?

Either read some Chuck Palahniuk or watch some David Fincher to find out.
damn, isn't this cryptic Smiley

Some quotes Smiley
"Fuck off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may. "

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. "

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 07:15:50 PM »

Tyler Durden is my hero for sure!

Like Loretian my goal is to finally finished my extremely long overdue CD and for better or worse try to get signed and do something with it.

what i fear is working a dead end job and being mediocre.

I fear being insignifcant and I fear wasting my talents.

Im getting older and I am going nowhere fast and that scares me cause some days it all seems pointless.

somedays I work on a song and I think of the state of the music industry and I get in my head that it is pointless.

Im not skinny enough, im not good looking enough and im not commercial enough to make my dreams come true.

those things worry me.

I worry about failing cause my music has kept me alive, the dream of making it somewhere has kept me alive when otherwise I didnt wanna be alive.

so what happens if my Cd sucks and im not good enough?

what do i dream then?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 07:53:31 PM »

u know that cool guy on stage with the ripped jeans, the band shirt, the leather and chains wearing that cool metal guitar that every kid into rock n' roll deams about?

i wanna be his lawyer  Grin

nah im kidding i wanna be him. and if i cant get that good, then ill be his lawyer  Grin

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: