Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  on witch concert of GNR have you been,when,how it was??????
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: on witch concert of GNR have you been,when,how it was??????  (Read 3682 times)
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 04:38:58 AM »

Three Gnr experiences:

1/ Leeds Festival. I was front row and centre. This was the gig that got me back into GnR. I used to be a huge fan but kind of drifted when they did. The show was amazing and to be that close to axl. Axl's voice was amazing I mean it was incredible the force he sang with. I nearly caught Bucketheads numchucks when he chucked them into the crowd. Axl ranting at the city council was funny (particulary if you know what councillors are usually like in the UK). I was stood incredibly close to Robin when he did scom. Great gig.

2/ Adlers appetite

I went to vegas 03/04 on the off chance that GNR would be playing a show. I (wrongly) thought they had a suprise gig planned. I also knew that adlers appetite were playing so I could see them . One drink followed another the show was awesome. I actually got to meet Steven afterwards he was incredibly cool. I wanted to ask him loads of questions but It was loud and I was drunk. I managed to tell him I came from England to watch the show and shook his hand. I then went to get a pen and paper and he signed an autograph. I have it framed on my wall now. It says to Steve from Steven You rock my english word Steven Adler GNR. Amazingly nice guy.     

3/ VR Newcastle

This show was amazing. I know this isn't a vr site but I right at the front again. Scott and slash were literally two feet from. I kept shouting to Duff and he gave me the thumbs up.  I got a set list, slashs towel and sadly his cigarette (roll up if anyones inetrested) Amazing gig great to see them so close and I will going in three weeks to download.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Axl-rocks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 06:45:08 AM »

I haven't been to any Guns n Roses concerts  Cry
I hope to someday though, one of my dreams is to see Axl sing live.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 07:47:08 AM »

GNR with Skid Row - Pre Illusions Tour, CNE Grandstand Toronto,ON - Amazing show GNR played about 4 encores.  THe band later went into Metalworks studios in Toronto to record some of the Illusions stuff.

GNR / Metallica / Faith No More - CNE Grandstand Toronto,ON - Not a bad show, Axl ranted on Nirvana and burned a Nirvana cap, Faith No More stole the show.

GNR with Brian May - Hamilton,ON - Stipped down, good show...Axl storms offstage after being hit with a lighter during Paradise City - Duff finishes lead vocals.

GNR Toronto, 2002 - Best I have ever seen GNR - Had 4th row for this show.

GNR London,ON 2002 - Another great show not quite as good as Toronto the night before.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 10:54:07 AM »

Havent seen one yet coz i was 8 back then. So ill see them on the next tour
witekb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 11:10:45 AM »

I havent been in a GNR concert... that is my dream...

my to  Undecided maybe they will play in POLAND  Grin
VR cancel teheir show in POLAND cause they wonna play in ROSKILDE fest.  crying

Ehhh I hope so too :] I'm from Poland too and peole here would be veeeery happy if Axl came here with Guns N' Roses Smiley

P.S. Hi phoenix.pl Smiley

Polish Guns N' Roses Forum
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl/forum
Polish Guns N' Roses Site
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 11:16:20 AM »

Budampes,may 1992

That was an amzing evening.The best show of my life.I had 13,and was there with my uncle who was a big fan of guns n roses.Same time when nighttrain started(opening show) the rain started too.My first impresion was "wow,Axl is small man,but very dynamic and full of energy".For me the song of the night was welcome to the jungle.when Axl scream "dykwdyfya",80000 people started to sang welcome to the jungle.that was very long show,near to 3 hours.Lot of girls were crying during the sweet child of mine.Grat show
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 11:26:50 AM »

80.000 people in Budapest? wow... considering it's not as big as Paris or London in Europe, it's VERY impressive.
GN'R used to be really massive. I highly doubt the band could ever be as huge as back in the days. I hope so, but I doubt it.
Today, in Europe, GN'R can bring 80.000 people in England, Ireland, Germany, Greece and Portugal, but for the rest of Europe, I doubt it. At least not in France (maybe 50.000 people in Parc des Princes, but not 80.000).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:28:52 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »

80.000 people in Budapest? wow... considering it's not as big as Paris or London in Europe, it's VERY impressive.
GN'R used to be really massive. I highly doubt the band could ever be as huge as back in the days. I hope so, but I doubt it.
Today, in Europe, GN'R can bring 80.000 people in England, Ireland, Germany, Greece and Portugal, but for the rest of Europe, I doubt it. At least not in France (maybe 50.000 people in Parc des Princes, but not 80.000).

who know that!!!don't forget,that gnr  get new fans aevery fuckin day,and after new album gnr will  get more and more fans.But old fans are in "illegally" and don't forget that gnr have lot of fans!!!
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 01:26:13 PM »

Bogot?, Colombia
November 29th 1992.

A very short show, about 1 hour and  half, but still a good and memorable show. They played even after a lot of troubles that made the 2 shows originally anounced into 1.

The stage did not have a ceiling, so when began to rain, the band had to end the show.  They played approximately 3 songs under the rain.  When it began to rain, they were playin' "November Rain"  and that was the last Sunday of November what filled the moment with magic and became one of the best and memorable moments of the day. Even Axl has commented it in interviews. 

A great memory of my favorite band that make me feel nostalgic, although the concert was surrounded by disturbances and BS from the local press that caused GNR look badly as usual.  In spite of the problems, a great show that I expect some day to be repeated in my country.  But I don't keep many hopes, and I know that if I want to see them again I'll have to travel to a neighbor country, maybe Argentina, Brazil or Chile. 

//JK
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005, 02:46:57 PM »

Mannheim, Germany August 91 Maimarktgelande

A hugh field in the middle of nowhere, 60.000 soldout and Illusion still 3 weeks away. Axl left after Live & Let Die, some technical problems. A German guy tried to calm everybody down, St.Louis was still fresh.
Still a kickass show, no internet back then so the new stuff really was new, just some shitty bootleg tapes :-)
Good to see Izzy in his next to last concert.
With Nine Inch Nails & Skid Row.

Rotterdam, June 92 Feyenoord stadium

I remember that me & a friend spend the night infront of the postoffice with hundreds of people in a small shitty town to obtain tickets, they were as hot as they could be back then.
Soundgarden & Faith No More opened great sets. loooooooooooooong wait (of course) if I remember correctly around 10 pm then the threat of the police to cut the power. St.Louis still on everybodies mind, and Axl saying something like whatever you do don't hurt eachother. Crazy show.

Nijmegen June 5 & 6th 1993 Goffert Park.

Very warm days and a see of people on both days, they arrived via helicopter, Axl later on another helicopter and stormed right on stage minutes after he landed. They started early around 8.15 due to steep fines announced if they would be late. I liked the stripped down version of the tour but the setlist was nearly the same on both days. Still two kickass shows.

Pukkelpop, Hasselt Belgium August 24th 2002

well Axl was still Axl, starting the show at 7 minutes past midnight so actually it was the 25th already...never seen anything like this as fare as starting time of a show.
I was and still am blown away by the show, like some of the others stated they played very tight and to see Axl back on stage was very good to see and hear. A lot has changed in the music world since I last saw them in 93 not to mention the new players but axl delivered the goods.
It is in my view not fair to compare the two versions of GN'R, Im just glad I got I chance to see both versions, whether it was 91 or 2002 the songs remain as powerful as they can be and Axl is one of the alltime great frontman.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 06:31:37 PM »

Leeds 2002
London 2002

Simply amazing... No other words can describe my feelings.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 06:34:54 PM »

I heard that show was great.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2005, 08:09:09 PM »

I heard that show was great.? hihi

/jarmo

does the part of the show that Jarmo is "hinting" to excist on mp3?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 11:58:11 PM »

Toronto 2002

Amazing concert!  Was sort of my introduction to Gn'R.  My sister was a massive fan back in the day, but I never really understood her obsession with it all.  After seeing Axl Rose on stage, singing Live and Let Die a few feet away from me, well, lesson learned Smiley  And the rest, as they say, is history. 

Since this time, I have seen VR 3x, met with the VR band (pretty much exactly one year ago! Smiley).  I also attended a small Tommy Stinson show, and saw Slash sing O Canada and the American anthems to begin the baseball season. 

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 10:10:21 AM »

A New Year's Eve show
December of '91
Miami, down south.

Soundgarden opened
And made me a fan for life
Good appetizer!

Gn'R onstage
(And less than 2 hours late!)
Fan's cheers erupting.

Opened with "Jungle"
Played for nearly 3 hours
Fireworks at 12.

Rang in '92
With Axl and company
Yes, that New Year's ruled.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 08:14:34 PM »

I saw them on June 23rd 1991 in Charlotte NC. Skid Row opened for them. What a great show. I remember Baz finished their last song then said  " I'm gonna go smoke a joint and listen to some Guns N fuckin' Roses." Of course the crowd went wild. Then later, but before GnR took the stage, Slash rode out on a bicycle near the side of the stage close to where I was. Again with the crowd. My wife saw them November 14th, 1987, when they opened for Motley Crue. Slash went on about some stewardess on a plane, while he pulled wrapped condoms out of his pockets and tossed them into the crowd. Then he pulled out a really long one and said oops that one's mine, and stuffed it back into his pocket. The crowd was more into GnR( who were just coming into it and sounding like the most dangerous band in the world), than the Crue.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2005, 09:53:35 AM »

I saw them on June 23rd 1991 in Charlotte NC. Skid Row opened for them. What a great show. I remember Baz finished their last song then said? " I'm gonna go smoke a joint and listen to some Guns N fuckin' Roses." Of course the crowd went wild. Then later, but before GnR took the stage, Slash rode out on a bicycle near the side of the stage close to where I was. Again with the crowd. My wife saw them November 14th, 1987, when they opened for Motley Crue. Slash went on about some stewardess on a plane, while he pulled wrapped condoms out of his pockets and tossed them into the crowd. Then he pulled out a really long one and said oops that one's mine, and stuffed it back into his pocket. The crowd was more into GnR( who were just coming into it and sounding like the most dangerous band in the world), than the Crue.

i remebered that i read 1992 some article about gnr,and they said that gnr had a trouble 1987 with motley crue,because most of the people was there to see new rock atraction then,Guns n Roses.
Same thing happened 1988 with iron maiden,that's the reason why iron maiden fans hate guns n roses/
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2005, 01:15:24 PM »

I saw them on June 23rd 1991 in Charlotte NC. Skid Row opened for them. What a great show. I remember Baz finished their last song then said  " I'm gonna go smoke a joint and listen to some Guns N fuckin' Roses." Of course the crowd went wild. Then later, but before GnR took the stage, Slash rode out on a bicycle near the side of the stage close to where I was. Again with the crowd. My wife saw them November 14th, 1987, when they opened for Motley Crue. Slash went on about some stewardess on a plane, while he pulled wrapped condoms out of his pockets and tossed them into the crowd. Then he pulled out a really long one and said oops that one's mine, and stuffed it back into his pocket. The crowd was more into GnR( who were just coming into it and sounding like the most dangerous band in the world), than the Crue.

i remebered that i read 1992 some article about gnr,and they said that gnr had a trouble 1987 with motley crue,because most of the people was there to see new rock atraction then,Guns n Roses.
Same thing happened 1988 with iron maiden,that's the reason why iron maiden fans hate guns n roses/

Yep.

'88 The Gunners opened for Maiden. They kicked ass. Although Maiden was damn good as well, it was apparent that GnR should not be the opener for anyone.

'02 MSG - Flew there from Fl through one of the worst blizzards of the season. Started drinking at 10am in the airport, made it the hotel across the street from MSG at 9:30pm. I, for one, was HAPPY that Axl is always late, or I might have missed the best concert I have ever attended.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: