Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:34:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  on witch concert of GNR have you been,when,how it was??????
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: on witch concert of GNR have you been,when,how it was??????  (Read 3704 times)
linker
Opening Act

...still alive... maybe offline

« on: May 18, 2005, 02:22:47 PM »

SUBJEcT TALK FOR IT SELF.
i havent been to any concert,but I would like to hear someone who did(my english sucks).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 01:36:48 PM by linker » Logged

I'm reckless and feelin' no pain
does that makes me insane.??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »

Saw Toronto, ON, Canada 2002

Best show I have ever seen, Axl was phenominal. Best frontman ever, awesome showmanship. I can't beleive he can run like that and still have breath and stay on key. November rain was insane. Looked just like the Video (Theatre Parts I mean) the light show was cool.

Saw V.R. in Hamilton, ON, Canada March 2005

Was a good show too but GnR was better, VR was by far the loudest show I've been to. PA system crashed during "I Used to Love Her". Slither was fucking awesome live, you haven't heard that song properly until you witness it in person. It was amazing to see Slash and Duff together, awesome chemistry, they really know how to play the crowd.

[other shows I've been to: Tool, Pantera w/ Machinehead, Pantera w/ Slayer and Static X, STP, Poison w/ Skid Row and Vince Neil, Bush w/ Veruca Salt, Matchbox 20 ($8 and I was bored, gimme a break, crap show too), Collective Soul x2 (Crap Live).  I've seen a bunch of popular Canadian bands as well, Our lady peace x2, Tea Party x3, I Mother Earth x2, Moist x2, Matthew Good Band]

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:46:31 PM »

July 25th Rich Stadium near Buffalo, NY.  Summer between high school and college...our buddy's older sister drove our drunk asses there.  What an amazing show.  Faith no More was the opening act and were terrible and fairly inaudible.  Metallica sounded amazing.  I remember watching the lunatics from our upper level seats killing each other in the mosh pits on the field's floor.  Plus, some jerk-off ripped a giant industrial size thing of toilet paper out of one of the bathrooms and proceeded to throw it down onto the 1st level seats.  There was little security, and obviously, the culprit was pointed out to the friend of the injured person who came up to our level...who then kicked the crap out of the A-hole who threw it down.  Justice was carried out. Waited awhile between Metallica and GNR.  GNR was absolutely awesome.  As a high-schooler I was impressed with Axl's athleticism.  The guy was amazing.

December 2, 2002 in Boston, Massachussetts.  There were only 2 more shows after this one before the no-show in Philly.  Absolutely awesome and a bit surreal.  I personally thought the band was tighter than the original.  Madagascar and The Blues were awesome...as was LALD (one of my favorite songs played live).  Oh yeah, I also remember guys behind us very concerned Axl wouldn't show up.  At the time I laughed to myself thinking how absurd that would be...I'm so glad I wasn't at the Philly show.   Smiley

And yes, best front-man ever...and I have a feeling that's what brings at least 95% of the folks at this site to this site. ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

I saw them in July 1991, a week after the St. Louis riot. You had no idea what was going to happen. GNR played for almost 3 hours. The show that night was mostly songs from Use Your Illusion. Someone threw something on the stage during Jungle, and Axl cussed the crowd out for about 10 minutes. Izzy sang Dust N Bones and Double Talkin Jive, which was a rare treat. And Slash played the entire song of Voodoo Child, not just the intro. And GNR did something that night that I haven't heard since. They played a reggae version of Civil War. Axl grabbed a joint from someone in the first row and smoked it towards the end of the song. In my opinion, it was the greatest concert ever. The only downside to the night was that they didn't play Its so Easy or Out Ta Get Me. But like I said before, the concert was very heavy on Illusions. But that was cool. I was dying to hear new material and the band didnt let me down.

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »

I went to the Felt Forum, New York City show May 9, 1988.

I also went to MSG, NYC December, 5 2002.

The beginning and The End.

The 1988 show: this was after the MTV Ritz show so AFD was SH*T HOT at that point. Zodiac Mindwarp and Udo Dirkschneider opened. I stood right by the soundboard the entire time. 16 years old, with my black leather cowboy boots from Trash and Vaudeville on St. Mark's Place (EVERYONE had cowboy boots at that time. Wonder why?). If you've seen/heard the boot, you know. AMAZING show. Doing Don't Cry. Axl on a low rider banana seat bike. Saw Tawny Kitaen at the Sboard. Also saw Steve Harris from Maiden there too. Ah, to be a metalhead in the late 80s again!!

Still in mind mind like it was last week.

The 2002 show: The other end of the spectrum yes? Totally new band. Totally packed crowd. Total over the top stage production. Amazing as well.

It was really special since I went with my sister. She's had medical problems all her life so she missed out in the 80s and 90s in seeing them. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2001, but when December 2002 came around, luck was on her side, that she was okay to go. You should have seen here cry (a joyful cry) when the first notes of "Jungle" rang out. (Yeah, I welled up a bit too).

By the way, I went to Snitch last week for the first time (Duff and Scott's bar on West 21st.). Pretty weird to hear "Yesterdays" on the bar PA in there. But what sucked? $8 Vodka T's. Small glass. SUCKS......

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 07:02:16 PM »

i saw them in norway in  93, just about a month before the last gig on the uyi tour. just fucking awsome, i was only 11 years old.

i still haven't seen the boot, but i know that there is one so i'm hoping that one day i'll get a hand on a copy, which would be a huge gn'r and childhood highlight for me! Cool

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 04:53:10 AM »

I saw them in July 1991, a week after the St. Louis riot. You had no idea what was going to happen. GNR played for almost 3 hours. The show that night was mostly songs from Use Your Illusion. Someone threw something on the stage during Jungle, and Axl cussed the crowd out for about 10 minutes. Izzy sang Dust N Bones and Double Talkin Jive, which was a rare treat. And Slash played the entire song of Voodoo Child, not just the intro. And GNR did something that night that I haven't heard since. They played a reggae version of Civil War. Axl grabbed a joint from someone in the first row and smoked it towards the end of the song. In my opinion, it was the greatest concert ever. The only downside to the night was that they didn't play Its so Easy or Out Ta Get Me. But like I said before, the concert was very heavy on Illusions. But that was cool. I was dying to hear new material and the band didnt let me down.

Hey James mate! Nice to see you being positive about guns for a change!! Lets see more of it! Its much more fun than being negative!!!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 08:45:58 AM »

I saw them in 1993, Iowa City Iowa. I was in the last row back of stage. The sound was great. They did a long unplugged set. They were really well put together. Drove like a 150 miles to get there.

Saw them both shows at The Joint In Vegas. First night there were a lot of sound problems, I was lucky, I was up front could here pretty good. They still pulled it of. The new guys worked together really well.
   Second night, everything was perfect. Best show I have ever tended. Met doug, And at both shows met gnr fans from around the world. Pretty awesome thing to wittness!!!

Saw them in Chicago Nov. 2002. Best large venue show I have ever been too. Sound was amazing. Axl was unbelievable!! Wish I could have seen more shows on that tour. I had tickets to Vegas, but you know how that ended.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
legolas
Opening Act

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time!

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 09:27:28 AM »

I've been to three GN'R concerts:
First one: 23th june 1992, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam, Holland. Supergreat concert, was my first show so very special. GN'R showed up 1 hour late, due to Axl' throat problems. Policy wanted to stop the concert around 23.30, but the show was finally allowed to go on. Probably due to the fear of a riot.

Second: 5th june 1993, Goffert Park, Nijmegen, Holland. Also a great show. This time in park, so real nice to lay on the grass in the sun waiting for GN'R. This time with a unplugged section of about 1/2 hour.

Third show: 24th august 2002, Pukkelpop, Belgium. The new GN'R on a popfestival as closing act. Also this time the show started 1 hour to late. Crowd was real exited. The new band really kicked ass, lots of fire works and a good sounding Axl. I stood about 6 meters from the stage. All the new songs were ?ok I think GN'R was surprised that a lot of the crowd allready could sing along. Also the show where Axl mentioned Jarmo!

Really hope to see GN'R again live, soon......... ?Wink

230622-Groningen,120717-GoffertP-Nijmegen,060412-Ahoy-Rdam,100310-Gdome-Arnhem,
070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
linker
Opening Act

...still alive... maybe offline

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 02:16:13 PM »

woo you really got expriance, did anybody heard adlers apetite, they should played in my country SERBIA last year
but they didnt came, that is the closeset I could see somebody from GNR.I was really pissed off when they didnt came. 

I'm reckless and feelin' no pain
does that makes me insane.??
NWA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »

August 1991 - Forum Copenhagen. Opening act was Skid Row, pretty good starter i think, they really hit it off. They really made a good warm up show - but them we came to Guns N Roses.

They kick of the show with Nighttrain, of cause with Axl in his Scotish outfit(kilt), Axl running around the stage with such incredible energi. Slash and Duff was also in really good shape, you could see that they where enjoying this shit.

I believe that we in the audience could fell, that GNR was in good mood this night. They played for almost 2 1/2 hour - and it is the best concert i ever have been to.

Axl really have an kick Ass voice, no one will ever could replace that guy.

The day after newspapers gave 5 star rewievs of the show - so it was GNR magic.

Can wait to see the new line up - if it ever gonna happen

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 06:54:07 PM »

I havent been in a GNR concert... that is my dream...
phoenix.pl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 07:01:02 PM »

I havent been in a GNR concert... that is my dream...

my to  Undecided maybe they will play in POLAND  Grin
VR cancel teheir show in POLAND cause they wonna play in ROSKILDE fest.  crying
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 07:18:05 PM »

mmm man, at least you have tha kind of chances...    do you think they are ever going to come to Bolivia... mmm i doubt it  Sad  Huh  rofl  beer
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 01:25:03 PM »

Summer of 88 Danville, IL  Small venue of about 5,000 and it was just a couple of weeks before they exploded and ruled the rock world.  Original line up.

July 1992 Indianapolis, IN with Metallica.  3 hours late, 2 tantrums, 1 rant about Indiana, and GNR being out played by Metallica.

New Year's 01, House of Blues, Las Vegas.  First show in 10 years.  So close I could've spit on Axl.

Chicago 2002, All State Arena  Good show, good seats, surrounded by 1988 era fans that were very confused by Mix Master Mike and were yelling "Where's Slash"

gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »

01.01.01 - House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV: one of the best nights of my life.? ?ok

Almost got to go to the STL riot show.
fartinabag
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2005, 01:37:36 AM »

MSG 2002=Best Concert Ever.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2005, 04:59:14 PM »

MSG 2002 best concert ever!?? I guess you weren't around in 1991. The fans truly got their moneys worth back then, the exception being St. Lois of course. Back then they played a little of AFD, Patience, and a shitload of new material. Couldn't ask for anything more. During that first leg of the Get in the Ring tour Axl was really trying to please his fans. He knew we were all dying to hear the new songs. So he granted us our wish. Thanks, Axl.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 06:52:36 PM »

Thanks, Axl.

You're not gonna whine about him being late?  Huh

Wow!

I've only seen them once so far. August 16th, 1991. Took a bus trip to Stockholm and back to see them. Magical. Bought a t-shirt and five years later named this site after the text on the back.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 07:30:57 PM »

Jarmo, back in 1991, Axl could have been a week late for all I cared. The performance given made up for any late shows. For the 2 and a half hours GNR were on stage, they were the only thing in the universe that mattered. I have never seen anyone with the stage presence that Axl had. Izzy said something back in 1991 that went something like this: "We could blow any band off the stage, and we knew it". No truer words have ever been spoken.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: