Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl is not becoming a "Freak" to the majority of the general public
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl is not becoming a "Freak" to the majority of the general public  (Read 9051 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: May 16, 2005, 01:36:13 AM »

Guys u can lock or delete this but I want to say something first.

Axl isnt becoming a Micheal Jackson type freak

Axl isnt scrutinized and joked about constantly by stand up comedians

I havent heard any Axl Rose one liners in movies as jokes.

So to a few people on a message board he might seem different but the general public probably dont have an opinion right now.

Axl looks fine, his braids are a matter of taste but if he goes back to his regular hair, and I think he will, everything will be great.

So please stop with the bullshit that Axl is thought of as a freak or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 01:48:18 AM »

Guys u can lock or delete this but I want to say something first.

Axl isnt becoming a Micheal Jackson type freak

Axl isnt scrutinized and joked about constantly by stand up comedians

I havent heard any Axl Rose one liners in movies as jokes.

So to a few people on a message board he might seem different but the general public probably dont have an opinion right now.

Axl looks fine, his braids are a matter of taste but if he goes back to his regular hair, and I think he will, everything will be great.So please stop with the bullshit that Axl is thought of as a freak or something.

I like his braids, they're unique. He shouldn't change just to satisfy the nay sayers, or to be suitable for mass consumption. That's not the rock n' roll way.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 01:50:32 AM by journey » Logged
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 02:29:27 AM »

it's too bad people can't do what they want without being hated

T.T.
?.?.
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 04:05:11 AM »

So please stop with the bullshit that Axl is thought of as a freak or something.

Axl is usually seen by many of my friends as talented but they always refer to him as an asshole, which I think is bullshit.

The Devil hates a loser
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 04:10:38 AM »

Axl is most definetly a freak - he's the laughing stock of the music world, pretend otherwise if u like but 'delay' is all any one thinks of when they hear Axl's name

I'll keep the faith, but i ain't blind to what he is and what others correctly view him as

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 04:43:37 AM »

Axl is most definetly a freak - he's the laughing stock of the music world, pretend otherwise if u like but 'delay' is all any one thinks of when they hear Axl's name

I'll keep the faith, but i ain't blind to what he is and what others correctly view him as

he's the laughing stock of the world of nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better. Seriously, if you don't have a computer and you don't care much about GNR you have no idea what's going on. Regular People last saw GNR at the VMAS, and he looked cool.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 07:28:40 AM »

Woody when I was at the vr concert saturday I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one.. Most of the people I met were gnr fans but clueless to cd, or the new membership... The only reason people talk about his looks here is because there's nothing to talkl about;;; No groups around 6=7 years still have no album yet.. It becomes the same boring we may see it, they have potential and we get nothing.. So will axl have straight hair or braides becomes the topic of the day.. Every topic has been beaten to death..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 09:56:40 AM »

he's the laughing stock of the world of nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better.

Yes Roll Eyes

And the 'world' of music journalism, tv, radio, hell - the world itself!

Seriously, if you don't have a computer and you don't care much about GNR you have no idea what's going on.

As if people who check this site have a clue - nothing is going on hence why Axl is a joke to the population at large.

Regular People last saw GNR at the VMAS, and he looked cool.

U mean the overweight puffing out of tune Axl looked cool?

Maybe to u but 'regular people' won't have agreed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 10:31:56 AM »

No, Axl is not a freak on the level of Michael Jackson. But that isn't saying much since you could be 25% as freaky as MJ and still be pretty sick. MJ is lost; I don't know if it's psychosis or whatever, but he is long gone. Axl seems more neurotic, which I think is something most people can relate to because neurosis affects everyone's daily lives. Not quite to the degree that we put off releasing multi million dollar recording projects, but we all have our little insecurities hidden away.

I've seen enough.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 10:32:56 AM »

he's the laughing stock of the world of nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better.

Yes Roll Eyes

Seriously, if you don't have a computer and you don't care much about GNR you have no idea what's going on.

As if people who check this site have a clue - nothing is going on hence why Axl is a joke to the population at large.

Regular People last saw GNR at the VMAS, and he looked cool.

U mean the overweight puffing out of tune Axl looked cool?

Maybe to u but 'regular people' won't have agreed

OUCH ! I see I hit a soft spot "nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better."

Read the post above yours ,you ?pathetic nerdy computer addict. ? Tongue

+ the fact that nothing is going is not a reason to become a laughing stock. ?Just like the singer from the beach boys and how his album took 35 or so years to make. Nobody even noticed it untill he released the album. ( Except for nerdy pathetic ?beach boys groupies .)

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 10:39:58 AM »

Different is good. At least Axl isn't following every trend going around.
And u cant really compare Axl, if anyone, to Micheal Jackson. ok peace

What's so civil about war anyway?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 11:05:46 AM »

How do we know that Axl is not following every musical trend around?  I think that the new album will be an ecclectic collection of songs that hit several different genres. 

Axl may not be a freak (yet) but he has become somewhat of a joke.  Oddly enough, both Axl and Michael Jackson are from the great state of Indiana, they must have the crazies in the water there!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

Different is good. At least Axl isn't following every trend going around.
And u cant really compare Axl, if anyone, to Micheal Jackson. ok peace

he definetly was oringinal during the old days but the jersey baggy pants is kind of old..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »

The people that I know that know of a NuGNR but don't know about them as a band, only talk about what Axl looks like because of the VMA performance and his look is pretty much all they mention because that's all they know.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 04:17:14 PM »

Yes Roll Eyes

OUCH ! I see I hit a soft spot "nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better."

Read the post above yours ,you  pathetic nerdy computer addict.   Tongue

+ the fact that nothing is going is not a reason to become a laughing stock.  Just like the singer from the beach boys and how his album took 35 or so years to make. Nobody even noticed it untill he released the album. ( Except for nerdy pathetic  beach boys groupies .)

+It seems that for nerds the media is the whole world..... it's rather sad, nay?
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 06:16:55 PM »

Hey D, you ever hear the expression "whatever you do, don't think of a pink elephant"?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 06:18:54 PM »

you know where you are?Huh?? your in KFC baby, wake up, time to friiieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Axl is no longer known of by the press, there doesnt seem to be any recent pics or interviews with him.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 06:20:07 PM »

lets see they have had a few things in maxum and other mags about his apperance, vh1 shows dedicated to bad hair or makeovers gone wrong.. ?They had one thing which was rockers.. Dead or Bloated?? Guess who was bloated Cry They had a poll in jane magazine that said who has necome most jacksonized.. Axl beat out mickey rourke Cry I love the 80's 1987 when they do the new faces of 1987 they showed axl, then said now he has a new face and showed some vma pic.. It's safe to say most of the public is not hearing athing about music but only his looks.. Shit from botox,to chemical peals, to plastic surgery.. He really needs to do something postive to have them fosuc back on his music.. beer
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 06:24:28 PM »

i know i know. Next halloween say scott dresses as axl, axl then mugs scott, puts his body somewhere and goes on to sing mr brownstone. That would certainly be a most excellent gig lmao.

html sucks
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 06:28:58 PM »

axl who?  the reason no one jokes about, or even mentions axl is because he's not even in the public eye anymore....why? because he hasn't done jack shit for over a decade....he's not even famous enough to make fun of anymore
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: