Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl is not becoming a "Freak" to the majority of the general public
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl is not becoming a "Freak" to the majority of the general public  (Read 9052 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 06:50:59 PM »

Stop bashing Axl. You know as much as me that he can shut everybody's up by releasing CD. The music will speak for itself.
However, the competition here in Europe for the new GN'R will be hard, the chalenge will be interesting for the name of the "biggest Rock band": I'm listening to some Oasis new tunes and their album? is gonna be giant in Europe. It will be out in 2 weeks and Oasis is probably one of the biggest (the biggest?) and most successfull European band since...the Beattles. Too bad I can't go to their Olympia concert? Undecided
One day I'll be a Rockstar and I'll play Olympia? peace hihi
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 06:54:06 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
nyd
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 07:10:27 PM »

This is a valid point. Although a lot of people online who visit music message boards are laughing that their is no album that is a very small percentage of people who will potentially buy the album. Most people have forgotten GNR and will only remember them after seeing something on the news or a poster in HMV windows.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »

Most people have forgotten GNR and will only remember them after seeing something on the news or a poster in HMV windows.
them? You mean "him". Especially if you include the visual aspect. People will search for Slash on the posters but won't find him? hihi
I would say the general public will rather remember the band's name and if the music is good they will buy the album. And that's it.
I think the sales could be huge, but I can't imagine a "Gunsmania" again like in the early 90's behind the band because the new band, humanely speaking (and not musically), doesn't have "the fire" of the old band to create that kind of hysteria. They may be loved for their music, but not for their human aspect because people will never see them a a "real" band, but rather as a reconstitued version of an old legendary band that is gone...it's a question of perception in people's mind. do you see what I mean? Something like "the doors of the 21st century" or "Queen" without Freddie Mercury right now. You can't erease the past. Don't underrate the human aspect. Hoppefully the album will be great. It's the most important.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 07:45:14 PM by nesquick » Logged

Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 07:51:31 PM »

I think everybody remembers GnR, and the release of this long awaited release will prompt buying for 'curiosity sake' alone. They were the biggest thing going for years, this holds up over time. All we have now is Slash's thing, and it pales in comparison, yet is selling.  'Chinese' will sell with some promotion, then once people hear it, it should sell even more. There's really nothing like this out there now, and the new stuff is classic. I see a trend amongst the kids now, 13-14, going back to Zep, The Ramones, Jimi, ...this is a great sign.  Grin

As far as him being a freak, he's pretty freaky! I mean that in a non-Micheal Jackson way though, just to be clear. He has had his share of idiosyncratic behavior.  Roll Eyes Axl does what Axl wants to do, nothing could be more clear. It also, probably, has something to do with the hold up. lol

Ya know what's great though? This board has more news on Slash, Duff, even Adler, as they are actually doing something. What do the 5000 board members here mostly talk about??? AXL!
This speaks volumes about where the true talent in GnR "lies". I have heard no "Jungles, Comas, November Rains or Don't Cry's" coming from old Scottie and Slash, yet what I have heard of Chinese,... ah There it is !

The problem I see is we are here talking about the record coming out, and how it will impact the people of 'now'. I fear we must think about how it will impact the record buyers of 2020, for it may be a more likely target date! Just kidding, but who knows.
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 08:27:17 PM »

he's the laughing stock of the world of nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better.

Yes Roll Eyes

And the 'world' of music journalism, tv, radio, hell - the world itself!

Seriously, if you don't have a computer and you don't care much about GNR you have no idea what's going on.

As if people who check this site have a clue - nothing is going on hence why Axl is a joke to the population at large.

Regular People last saw GNR at the VMAS, and he looked cool.

U mean the overweight puffing out of tune Axl looked cool?

Maybe to u but 'regular people' won't have agreed

OUCH ! I see I hit a soft spot "nerdy computer addicts writting stuff over the internet to make themselves feel better."

Read the post above yours ,you  pathetic nerdy computer addict.   Tongue

+ the fact that nothing is going is not a reason to become a laughing stock.  Just like the singer from the beach boys and how his album took 35 or so years to make. Nobody even noticed it untill he released the album. ( Except for nerdy pathetic  beach boys groupies .)

I think Axl is viewed as a joke to alot of people in the media from what ive seen.  Whenever anyones ever talking about an album delay, or being a egocentric perfectionist his name seems to come up.  Dont get me wrong i love the guy though.

Oh and as long as we are making personnal attacks on other members you are a fucking idiot the truth hurts sometimes deal with it

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 08:44:59 PM »

Woody when I was at the vr concert saturday I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one.. Most of the people I met were gnr fans but clueless to cd, or the new membership... The only reason people talk about his looks here is because there's nothing to talkl about;;; No groups around 6=7 years still have no album yet.. It becomes the same boring we may see it, they have potential and we get nothing.. So will axl have straight hair or braides becomes the topic of the day.. Every topic has been beaten to death..

Yes, every topic has been beaten to death, and why? Because there is no other news. How sad.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 09:55:30 PM »

rofl  rofl  rofl
I heavily disagree with the subject of this thread.  I love Axl's work just as much as all of you, and that's why I...we...come here.  But, to the majority of the public, Axl's a huge freak, joke, etc.  It'll be so interesting to see how Axl plays this thing...if he even tries...because for the first time, I'm starting to think, it may never come.   Cry

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jgfnsr
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »

Words like "nut" or "recluse" might apply to the redhead.

But "freak?"

Nope.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 02:51:33 AM »

Outside of Marlyn Manson or MJ, theres not many celebrities right now that look odd like AXl. Thats just fact. He looks odd like a villian you would see in a movie. He doesnt look like a rock star. If anything Axl looks like someone whose been into some new-age religion, which is exactly what Axls been into. If someone showed you a photo of Axl and told you hes a Heavens Gate member would you believe it? I would. Its a California thing which hasnt gained much popularity because it seems fake.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 03:28:52 AM »

OH and the mother terasa , she was a crack hoe on the side....seriously , this thread makes me laugh,
but back on point.
It will never ceace to amaze me why people will pass judgment, cause an album hasnt been released.....and MJ comparisions, now thats hysterical!

ANd many people who posted are correct in the fact that most thpse outside having cps, or are GNR fans haveno clue about whats goin on

Some peope are willing to embrace mediocradty. ME Im not one of them , and as much as I tried to make mysellf kinda even remotely like VR, I cant bring myself to do it. And I guess Im mot alone /they havent sold out any show in NY. And from what I heard , from people that saw them( atr JOnes Beach) , they did thier best covering Hey you from floyd. Im not really concerned, but its fun to reads and respond. beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 06:42:02 AM »

yeah jaz they had like 14,500 people out of 15,000 and that song they covered was really good.. The entire show rocked though... Like no one ever thought live and let die or kohd was? a great tune axl did.. You can't accept medicore songs, then you must hate almost all of new gnr's tunes.. The jones beach show was ten times better then the msg show..? Way more energy, it was non stop action.. Remember vr can't use the gnr name to bil themselves like axl can.. As long as the gnr name is up on the billboard it will do good..

You are one of those guys that can't see vr so you go by what you heard hihi At least vr puts out music, what is this year 6 in a row already without music and the dreaded oh my god that lasted a few months on air..? The last axl tour was just about all covers but a new cover we never heard before can't get some praise.. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 07:03:11 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
makemyday
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 08:17:22 AM »

Go to a simple music site.
If there's a piece of news about GN'R 80% of the comments will be about that Axl is a freak why can't he release the album.

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

Woody when I was at the vr concert saturday I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one..
I  went to a Mets game and this one guy was asked if he was a Mets or Yankees fan and the guy said who are the Yankees? Then the whole section proceed to engage in a Yankees Suck chant. How ironic

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »

Woody when I was at the vr concert saturday I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one..
I? went to a Mets game and this one guy was asked if he was a Mets or Yankees fan and the guy said who are the Yankees? Then the whole section proceed to engage in a Yankees Suck chant. How ironic

that's stupid.. I asked people who were gnr fans about new gnr, they just didn't know...  I mentioned it because everyone acts like the world is waiting for cd or something so I wanted to see how some of them felt..  I go to tons of baseball games if you asked about the cross town rival they would know who they are unless they were just dicks.. Not to hard for your average vr fan who is a gnr fan to weight in on what he thinks about the current new gnr/cd/axl rose situation..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 11:21:52 AM »

I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one
Same for me. People aren't aware that a "new" GN'R exists outside the USA. Maybe in England some people are aware of it (because of the 02' UK festivals) but in the rest of Europe I highly doubt it. At least in France where I live, people aren't aware. And when they know it...they don't care (because no album). The argument that always comes-back is that one "If Slash isn't in the band anymore it doesn't interest me". That's what I have heard for years. However, (and here is the good sign), most of people are aware of "Chinese Democracy", or at least, they definitely have heard about ?a new album. Most of people with who I talked are interested/curious to hear it even if they miss Slash. Just by curiousity. So when it comes out, I suppose the sales will be big. After, the quality of music will be determinant. If people like it, they will talk about it and it will be a success. If they don't, they will move on and the whole thing will be a failure. and that's it. The quality of music will be determinant. It's not like Britney Spears, the new line-up can't count and their image to sell records if the music is just "correct". It should (must?) be great.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 11:27:09 AM by nesquick » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005, 11:39:52 AM »

I asked a lot of people about new gnr and how they felt, most didn't even know there was one
Same for me. People aren't aware that a "new" GN'R exists outside the USA. Maybe in England some people are aware of it (because of the 02' UK festivals) but in the rest of Europe I highly doubt it. At least in France where I live, people aren't aware. And when they know it...they don't care (because no album). The argument that always comes-back is that one "If Slash isn't in the band anymore it doesn't interest me". That's what I have heard for years. However, (and here is the good sign), most of people are aware of "Chinese Democracy", or at least, they definitely have heard about ?a new album. Most of people with who I talked are interested/curious to hear it even if they miss Slash. Just by curiousity. So when it comes out, I suppose the sales will be big. After, the quality of music will be determinant. If people like it, they will talk about it and it will be a success. If they don't, they will move on and the whole thing will be a failure. and that's it. The quality of music will be determinant. It's not like Britney Spears, the new line-up can't count and their image to sell records if the music is just "correct". It should (must?) be great.

I never heard if slash isn't in it they lost interest.. I was simply stating that people who aren't following this issue close just don't know... Many knew of the vmas but not much more after.. A lot of talk did come down to how axl looked different... That's what happens when the public doesn't see you for 9 years.. When demi moore came back for charlie's angels they mentioned her looks to see how she held up.. She was a pretty big female movie star so axl was a huge frontman so people check everything out.. If axl moved on with his comeback then there would be other things to focus on.. If he never came back for that small tour or the vmas no one would be caring about his looks or waiting for the cd he ,mentioned numerous times over the years.. He could have come back without the world of expectations on him, or people wondering about his hair or if he had plastic surgery..
As for sales I am unsure these days.. I think the cult fans will always go see gnr just like NIns, but they opened selling 270,000 copies the first week which is pretty bad with such a huge following anticipating an album for years...

Alot of bands of years ago I loved I would check out in concert if I had the chance but these days I might not be into buying their new music..
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2005, 12:10:05 PM »

"and now he looks so weird." that's exactly what my older sister told me awhile ago when i was visiting her. she knows i love GNR & said she had seen an article about how late 80's studs Axl Rose & Patrick Swayze had gone botox crazy. i don't think the general public views Axl as a MJ type freak, but more as just a washed up 80's cliche. What's to bad is that when Guns hit it big, Axl thing seemed to be like he was kind of anti-Poison type of guy. No spandex or make-up type stuff really. Kind of a man's man of frontmen. Next thing u know, he's running around in spandex, the local teams hockey jersey, and has had who knows what done to his face  & hair. He turned into what I thought would be Brett Michaels like. DAMMIT!

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2005, 01:57:25 PM »

When I said the look is important, people told me I exagerated. And by reading this topic, what was the thing people refered to about the VMA? Axl's look...it prooves I'm not so wrong. When you diseapear during a decade, the FIRST thing people see is how you look. It's just like that, no explanation. Imagine that Eminem deseaperes right now and comes-back in 2015, what will the be first thing you'll see when he comes back? his look. How he has evolved physically. You'll try to see if he is the same motherf*** as 10 years ago. It will be your first impression. Then you're going to? forget that point, sure. But first, you'll d?finitely care about the look. Come on It's human. It's extremely rational.
And do you know why most of people (I mean non-GN'R fans) didn't like the new GN'R? because of their look (not all of them hoppefully):
First impression = bad impression = no interest. That's it. It's almost mathematic.
Now, you can say "oh I don't care about the look, let's just Fuck that, I do what I want if I want to turn Goth I do it". OK that's your right, but don't complain if you have poor record sales or if things fail as a consequence. People won't go to you, you've to bring them to you, You've to attract them, your image has to say "come on to me" and not "get outta here".

Words from a very brillant Marketing Studient. Believe me, I'm not so wrong on that point. Sure, the most important is the music, but if you are not normal (and the look is a part of what we called normality), you'll not bring normal people (= general public, those who buy your records) to you. They will leave! No interest, unless your music is giant. is that so complicated to understand?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 02:19:38 PM by nesquick » Logged

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2005, 06:24:08 PM »

Guys u can lock or delete this but I want to say something first.

Axl isnt becoming a Micheal Jackson type freak

Axl isnt scrutinized and joked about constantly by stand up comedians

I havent heard any Axl Rose one liners in movies as jokes.

So to a few people on a message board he might seem different but the general public probably dont have an opinion right now.

Axl looks fine, his braids are a matter of taste but if he goes back to his regular hair, and I think he will, everything will be great.

So please stop with the bullshit that Axl is thought of as a freak or something.

Well I watched a Movie... where the girl talks all the movie about Axl Rose and how much she'd like to please him... and according to her... she met him... ?(in the movie of course)

I dont like axl braids... but if you do... cool
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2005, 06:45:30 PM »

Guys u can lock or delete this but I want to say something first.

Axl isnt becoming a Micheal Jackson type freak

Axl isnt scrutinized and joked about constantly by stand up comedians

I havent heard any Axl Rose one liners in movies as jokes.

So to a few people on a message board he might seem different but the general public probably dont have an opinion right now.

Axl looks fine, his braids are a matter of taste but if he goes back to his regular hair, and I think he will, everything will be great.

So please stop with the bullshit that Axl is thought of as a freak or something.

Well I watched a Movie... where the girl talks all the movie about Axl Rose and how much she'd like to please him... and according to her... she met him...? (in the movie of course)

I dont like axl braids... but if you do... cool

I saw a movie like that years ago, he was mentioned a lot it was low budget.. Some skank I knew rented it back in 1993 but I forget the name..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: