Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg  (Read 9910 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 05:37:06 PM »

well I think that is up in the air....My money is that he is still holding onto GNR, but at some point if he continues forging a musical relationship with paul(as no doubt has happened...somewhat)....and No CD is released.....then he will leave, that is obvious. The million dollar question is , has Axl given Tommy specific info as to the release of CD.....something that would give him faith to stay??

I dont know.

But as an example if your current girlfriend felt that she had a deep love with you, and kept telling her family that you were putting off the wedding continually for good reason but was frustrated about it........well then if she started hanging out with an ex as a friend and that was seeming to blossom.....wouldnt the question as to what was going on be relevant??

The girl in question is only gonna hang around for so long....and that isnt being a 'hater', it's the cold hard light of day.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 07:19:22 PM »

well I think that is up in the air....My money is that he is still holding onto GNR, but at some point if he continues forging a musical relationship with paul(as no doubt has happened...somewhat)....and No CD is released.....then he will leave, that is obvious. The million dollar question is , has Axl given Tommy specific info as to the release of CD.....something that would give him faith to stay??

I dont know.

But as an example if your current girlfriend felt that she had a deep love with you, and kept telling her family that you were putting off the wedding continually for good reason but was frustrated about it........well then if she started hanging out with an ex as a friend and that was seeming to blossom.....wouldnt the question as to what was going on be relevant??

The girl in question is only gonna hang around for so long....and that isnt being a 'hater', it's the cold hard light of day.

just an fyi...........i agree with everything you have posted.  I believe Tommy is frustrated and I'd put money on a tour with Paul Westerburg instead of CD being released.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 02:28:07 AM »

Again when people said Fortus quit to go to NIN, and I said, it was bullshit, guess what it was bullshit. Then again when people like? you claimed brain was gonna quit, and I said he wasnt, again I was right.?

You said that Reznor tried to steal Fortus because he was frustrated that Finck chose to work with Axl, not him. So you wasn't right.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 09:26:57 AM »

guys, this very topic was discussed on the velvet rope music business site by people who know Tommy and Westerberg and here is what they said

- money is on the table for the Mats to re-unite
 - Tommy has learned a lot lately about how myuch money is out there for him if he looks
 - Tommy needs to get secure for later in life, he's not there yet
 - Tommy may not be getting paid by Axl anymore since Geffen let them go
 - Tommy will consider a reunion with Westerberg but only when the GNR thing is a no-go
 - Their writing a song together was a 'toe in the water' to see how it could all go
 - Tommy is pissed at Westerberg for his comments on Axl and relations have cooled again.

Dave, the fact of the matter is that money talk and bullshit walks, Tommy is looking to secure his future and if Axl won't do it for him, he'll do whatever it takes to ensure it happens...so
a re-union with The Mats is a possibility.
You're forum style of issuing sweeping statements of proposed fact and then developing sudden amnesia when proved wrong  is what you are being pulled up on here... nothing else.
peace,
Intercourse

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 07:45:23 AM »

All Dave said was he won't leave GnR to go back to the Replacements. I took this to mean Tommy will not leave GnR to go do the 'Mats full time again. Would he do a small reunion thing (ie: a few shows/short tour)? Maybe. If Chinese Democracy were to fade off into obscurity would he leave to pursue his solo material? Probably. Would he and Paul reconvene the 'Mats and make it a full time thing again? I have to think that they both have more integrity than that.

Read a little into what he's saying, he makes perfect sense to me.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 09:37:39 AM »

It's quite likely that he's not getting paid, as Geffen/Universal most likely did stop funding the project. However, they did not "let them go". GnR and the rights to Chinese Democracy still belong to this label.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

The deeper part of the Tommy/Paul thing with some of the faithful here is more than just the two getting together
for a song or a small tour.? Some have become so ridiculously possessive and in some cases, paranoid when it comes to Tommy working with Paul in any capacity.? Some will not even recognize the fact there is a possibility the two might get together at some point and look at it as some weird form of disloyalty to Axl.

The fact remains some here don't want Tommy within a mile of Westerberg, even is GNR remains inactive.

Very shortsighted, very selfish.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 09:52:09 AM »

It's quite likely that he's not getting paid, as Geffen/Universal most likely did stop funding the project. However, they did not "let them go". GnR and the rights to Chinese Democracy still belong to this label.

Yet, in any interview done since Geffen let them go, Tommy sounds more loyal than ever.  ok
madagas
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 10:07:55 AM »

Geffen/Interscope/Universal stopped funding the project in Feb 2004-as good of an educated guess as we have. Source was the NYT article. I am 99% sure that the money to pay the musicians came from the label/Geffen. Now, the question is if the musicians are under contract, does Axl or the brand name Gnr have to pay them until the contract expires. Nobody knows. Huh
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 11:03:44 AM »

I dont know.
I guess Tommy knows damn well why it's not released yet. Need the quote?

The comparison is inapplicable and a bit gross as well. I hope you don't mind me modifying it.

Lets not forget about the fait accompli. She is expecting your baby, maybe twins or triplets.  They are still in the eggs that you're setting. She has kids with her ex but they all left the nest and set out on their own long ago.
She might see her ex to talk about their grownup children. Or she might go hunting for food.
However, She comes back to you straight to feed the newborns at any cost when you hatch the eggs.
Her heart lies there.

Well, getting grosser. puke I hope none of the band is browsing in this board from the bottom of my heart.

Look. the bottom of the issue is that you can't put trust in others, isn't it?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2005, 11:23:56 AM »

Gross? Unapplicable?  What the hell is your problem?  Here you are acting like the resident GNR expert, Bebe.  Disco's comparrison was on the money.  You started throwing all this other gibberish in and made it useless.  You seem angry and bitter.  Do you have some trust issues that need resolved?  Go to the Avril Lavign site and wow them with your overwhelming knowledge!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2005, 12:54:50 PM »

Well   confused  while admitting my writing is pissing poor, I'm not responsible for your lack of humour and intellectual capacity.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2005, 01:01:41 PM »

ppbebe,
I think your train of though just left the tracks and headed into Montell Williams country..hit the breaks girl!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2005, 01:45:54 PM »

Intercourse Can you elaborate a bit?

If your post has anything to do with the topic.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »

I guess that you'll have to forgive my lack of humor regarding your posts because they typically do not make sense and therefore, are not funny. 

I think Intercourse is saying that you are in need of some psychological help because you don't make any damn sense most of the time.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »

I guess that you'll have to forgive my lack of humor regarding your posts because they typically do not make sense and therefore, are not funny.

I think Intercourse is saying that you are in need of some psychological help because you don't make any damn sense most of the time.

I tell you what mate, ppbebe posts make a hell of a lot more sense than a lot of people on this message board, he or she is one of the more positive people and its cool reading the posts. Much better than a lot of the negative repetative crap that gets posted here a lot of the time.  Capiche?

madagas
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2005, 03:00:38 PM »

I'll second that! Gilld, why don't you just drop it-it's bordering on harrassment-and just being an ass. rant
nyd
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2005, 09:44:09 PM »

Im beginning to wish I didnt start this thread. All I said was that Tommy and Paul had recently worked together again but any news you have read about the two has all been bullshit. They haven't released any details about the material recorded.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 08:53:51 PM »

The fact remains some here don't want Tommy within a mile of Westerberg, even is GNR remains inactive.

Very shortsighted, very selfish.

Couldn't agree more..I say if a Mats reunion will make Tommy happy and get him out playing some legendary material then whats the harm. Theres only so long you can truly ask someone to wait for, and I think Axl needs to shit or get off the pot where his bandmembers obligations are concerned. In retrospect however, I would like to see Tommy mature and grow musically before falling back on past successes such as the Mats, but thats just me.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2005, 08:56:04 AM »

Intercourse Can you elaborate a bit?

If your post has anything to do with the topic.
Just the carrying the eggs stuff was a little....odd...and I can't tie it to the topic at hand,
Oh forget it. It's true, your posts are usually positive and upbeat and always a good read, lets just call it a misunderstanding on my behalf for the sake of peace. ok
peace,
Intercourse,
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 09:33:59 AM by Intercourse » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: