Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg  (Read 9908 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »

Regardless how likely or unlikely to happen a Tommy Mat reunion might be, Tommy is unlikely to leave GN?R unless otherwise asked by the leader. As Dave said earlier.
Why? No point in it.

Exactally, Tommy stated before he cant wait for CD to drop bc he knows how huge its going to be, and he loves touring with gnr. Why would he go back with a guy he cant stand and didnt get along with in the past? Plus he is getting paid by Axl to do his solo thing while waiting for the album to drop. If he was to quit gnr, he would A) prob get sue by Axl, B) not get paid anymore for doing this solo thing and waiting for the album, and C) not get to see all lhis had work he put into CD pay off.

He is going to throw all that away to tour small clubs and tour with a guy he hates.
yes that makes so much sense.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:18:00 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »

Regardless how likely or unlikely to happen a Tommy Mat reunion might be, Tommy is unlikely to leave GN?R unless otherwise asked by the leader. As Dave said earlier.
Why? No point in it.

Exactally, Tommy stated before he cant wait for CD to drop bc he knows how huge its going to be, and he loves touring with gnr. Why would he go back with a guy he cant stand and didnt get along with in the past?

Simple.

At some point logic says he has to move on.

There are 2 very good reasons why he may go back to Paul...temporarily or otherwise.

Tommy has  a HUGE emotional investment in the Mats....these are the songs he wrote and played as he grew up, they defined him....and his brother who passed on would be a huge emtional thing for him.

There is a big possibility that noone can deny that even a Mats reunion may not hinder Axl releasing CD....hell they coulda done a full album and world tour since and it wouldnt have postponed anything.

Dave n co......not everything has to be about world domination or something being HUGE. Tommy still catches a bus. Tell me what is closer to his natural style...Mats or GNR??

In 10 yrs time will Tommy still be waiting thinking 'well ive put in so much effort, cant leave now??"

Im not saying it's inevitable at all...just a possibility, and if you cant concede that Tommy has some legit reason to feel ripped of and that even a small reunion with a former partner in music is impossible (remember he RECORDED a song with the guy recently..........gaurantee you woulda said this was impossible not long ago)....

Then you are deluded. Plus you have ignored the points Ive made in previous posts, not answered one thing.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »

Why? No point in it.

Exactally, Tommy stated before he cant wait for CD to drop bc he knows how huge its going to be, and he loves touring with gnr. Why would he go back with a guy he cant stand and didnt get along with in the past?

Simple.

At some point logic says he has to move on.

There are 2 very good reasons why he may go back to Paul...temporarily or otherwise.

Tommy has? a HUGE emotional investment in the Mats....these are the songs he wrote and played as he grew up, they defined him....and his brother who passed on would be a huge emtional thing for him.

There is a big possibility that noone can deny that even a Mats reunion may not hinder Axl releasing CD....hell they coulda done a full album and world tour since and it wouldnt have postponed anything.

Dave n co......not everything has to be about world domination or something being HUGE. Tommy still catches a bus. Tell me what is closer to his natural style...Mats or GNR??

In 10 yrs time will Tommy still be waiting thinking 'well ive put in so much effort, cant leave now??"

Im not saying it's inevitable at all...just a possibility, and if you cant concede that Tommy has some legit reason to feel ripped of and that even a small reunion with a former partner in music is impossible (remember he RECORDED a song with the guy recently..........gaurantee you woulda said this was impossible not long ago)....

Then you are deluded. Plus you have ignored the points Ive made in previous posts, not answered one thing.

What dont you get. Until tommy says there is a possiblity he would go back with Paul then he is not going back to the mats. Is that really so hard to understand? I have answered your points just fine but you ignore what Tommy has said. So oh well. There is no use in talking in circles, so until tommy says, he might tour again with Paul there is nothing else to discuss.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:31:26 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 03:34:27 PM »

You ignored that your quoting of band members has almost without exception been followed by the opposite.

Tommy hasnt said NO to Westerberg recently, quite the opposite. Answer me this, Is it at all possible that Tommies position may...I said MAY have softened and he MAY...I said MAY have become more open to the idea due to the lack of activity in GNR ??

Taking into consideration he has recently enterered dialogue with the guy and actually RECORDED a song with him??

Now be honest...Im not saying it will happen, but is it a possibility at all or not?? 

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 03:39:03 PM »

answer me this Dave

6 months ago...If someone said that Tommy would go and record a NEW song with Westerberg, would you have admitted that as a possibility??

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 03:39:27 PM »

Disco learn to read. I answered that. I said with the acception of the album getting pushed back nothing the members have said has been opposite. Like I said, people like you claimed that tommy was quitting a few times, claimed that robin was quitting a few times, claimed Fortus quit to join NIN, and claimed that Brain quit, and I said all those were bullshit because they all said they are still in the band. And guess what NONE of them have quit. So how didnt I answer your question again?

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »

Disco learn to read. I answered that. I said with the acception of the album getting pushed back nothing the members have said has been opposite. Like I said, people like you claimed that tommy was quitting a few times, claimed that robin was quitting a few times, claimed Fortus quit to join NIN, and claimed that Brain quit, and I said all those were bullshit because they all said they are still in the band. And guess what NONE of them have quit. So how didnt I answer your question again?

Ok people like me.

Fair enough, lose a point so try n lump me in with other people....lame.

I have said that it IS a POSSIBILITY that some members will leave...and IF the album isnt released its an INEVITABILITY that some will. That cant be up for debate.

My point is, if CD has no release date in the near future why is it impossible for Tommy to rejoin an old musical companion??..He has recorded a song with him ferchrissakes...why not more??

Imnot saying it's gonna happen....just a possibility, and u cant handle that.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 04:08:11 PM »

So what. In that case he can do that still being in GN'R.

Tommy's said reunion would obviously be for money.
So, with whomever the reunion, if any, wouldn't be more than a side job for the (long) interval. 
Whatever happens, I reckon, Tommy won't really leave GN'R unless otherwise asked by the leader. His heart is with GN'R. There's the accomplished fact that he already made new GN'R music with the other members.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 04:13:58 PM »

Are you disagreeing with me or Dave?? it's hard to tell.

Im not saying he is leaving GNR...if the album has no forseeable release , sure why not, he can always come back as Finck did. But I see it as a very distinct possibility that he can have both....and if Axl cant get his shit together then he hasnt thrown away a cool possibility.

Dave says in one breath...why would he go back to someone he didnt like (hello..he already has recorded a song with this person)...then next thing says anyway Axl would sue him if he left. So why stay with someone who is happy to sue you for following your thing.....nice guy huh??

I dont think Axl would sue...and if he did Id banish myself from this site, id be so disgusted.

mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 04:19:24 PM »

Leave what? GnR has not done squat since 02 that can be verified. Maybe these guys went back after the tour and recorded some more stuff, but even so, nothing is happening with GnR. The only information we have that is legit is that the label cut Rose loose. Based on this, and no information to refute it from Axl, you can only assume it's true. Which it probably is. Dizzy, the "last original member" *chuckle* is out on the road constantly, one guy is touring with Nena? (WTF??_) and Tommy is recording songs with Paul and touring and recording and releasing albums.

Until CD drops there is no GnR.  Everyone is off doing their own thing, bucket split, the drummer hasn't even SPOKEN to Axl in over a year, the tour 3 years ago flamed out and there has not been one peep from Axl, just some BS from his manager "its the greatest, Axl is finishing it up, this is the year, wonk, wonk, wonk" same shit different year, hell different decade.

Stop arguing about whether or not someone is quitting a band that doesn't exist.
fife flyer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 04:24:38 PM »

I believe all the current members have a lot invested in CD, emotion being the main thing.Some people believe this is Axls solo gig, i dont believe that. I believe that this band is tighter than some think.The band members know how important it is to get the album perfect even if it is time consuming
Tommy=long haul
Robin = long haul
Richard = long haul
Dizzy = ever loyal to Axl
Brain= undecided
Pittman = undecided

This is a band that when they return all the doubters will finally see what rock has been missing
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 04:29:43 PM »

Mick.

Bravo, a rare intelligent post. Couldnt have said it better.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 04:49:53 PM »

Im not saying he is leaving GNR...if the album has no forseeable release , sure why not, he can always come back as Finck did. But I see it as a very distinct possibility that he can have both....and if Axl cant get his shit together then he hasnt thrown away a cool possibility.

Dave says in one breath...why would he go back to someone he didnt like (hello..he already has recorded a song with this person)...then next thing says anyway Axl would sue him if he left. So why stay with someone who is happy to sue you for following your thing.....nice guy huh??

I dont think Axl would sue...and if he did Id banish myself from this site, id be so disgusted.

Tommy wont quit gnr to join Paul.
Tommy could do a few shows with paul or a mini tour but if gnr was to tour, tommy would go with Axl.
So like I said, Tommy wont quit gnr to go back to the replacments.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 04:51:12 PM »

Leave what? GnR has not done squat since 02 that can be verified. Maybe these guys went back after the tour and recorded some more stuff, but even so, nothing is happening with GnR. The only information we have that is legit is that the label cut Rose loose. Based on this, and no information to refute it from Axl, you can only assume it's true. Which it probably is. Dizzy, the "last original member" *chuckle* is out on the road constantly, one guy is touring with Nena? (WTF??_) and Tommy is recording songs with Paul and touring and recording and releasing albums.

Until CD drops there is no GnR.? Everyone is off doing their own thing, bucket split, the drummer hasn't even SPOKEN to Axl in over a year, the tour 3 years ago flamed out and there has not been one peep from Axl, just some BS from his manager "its the greatest, Axl is finishing it up, this is the year, wonk, wonk, wonk" same shit different year, hell different decade.

Stop arguing about whether or not someone is quitting a band that doesn't exist.

Brain talked to axl three months ago, get  your facts straight.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2005, 04:53:42 PM »

fife flyer, Ditto! ok

Disco. discussion is not just about agreeing or disagreeing.

I said  he could have both because the reunion with someone he didn't like would be only for money, as Tommy stated.
And that I think whatever side job he does, he is not likely to leave GN'R unless otherwise asked by the leader.

So as a consequence, I'm with Dave. I don't think  it's hard to tell. ok
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 04:55:49 PM »

Tommy could do a few shows with paul or a mini tour but if gnr was to tour, tommy would go with Axl.

And you know that for a fact??...or are you assuming as per norm??

As for the drummer in the 'band' not speaking to Axl for 3 months, and not a year....so what???... He hasnt even seen the guy for a year........whats your point??..that the best you can come up with??......and again you didnt answer my question

answer me this Dave

6 months ago...If someone said that Tommy would go and record a NEW song with Westerberg, would you have admitted that as a possibility??

Simple yes or no will suffice....dont wiggle out of it.

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »

Can you not refer to Axl as 'the leader', it reminds me too much of that episode of the simpsons, and after talking to a minority on this forum it's too close to the mark.

Im covered in the leaders dust.

Well Im covered in more of his dust.

Classic...

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 05:02:41 PM »

And you know that for a fact??...or are you assuming as per norm??

As for the drummer in the 'band' not speaking to Axl for 3 months, and not a year....so what???... He hasnt even seen the guy for a year........whats your point??..that the best you can come up with??......and again you didnt answer my question

answer me this Dave

Simple yes or no will suffice....dont wiggle out of it.

I have not seen my brother in over a year but i talked to him 2 months ago. So what does that mean? It doesnt mean squat, its just something for bashers like you to say SEE brain is quitting or Axl is an asshole for not talking to band members or see they are not a real band blah blah blah.

As for you question, the question was never posed 6 months ago, so who knows but if the question was asked would Dizzy be recording a song with Josh Todd what would ?you answer be?

LIke tommy said, he would not quit gnr to do a reunion with the mats. ?Until Tommy states differently, that is what I am sticking to, ?and so should you. I dont think tommy would like the fact that you are speaking for him.  Just go by what he says, and until he changes his mind dont worry about it. Just give it up already.

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

If someone asked me if Dizzy would record with Josh todd...Id have said sure why not.

I ask the question about wether you woulda said Tommy n Josh recording was a possibility 6 months ago, cos you are SOOOO adament that an album or a tour is an impossibility cos of something Tommy said well before then.......is that making sense??..

Tommy said no he blew it...but his stance has softened beyond belief, therefore logic sayd that if no CD is Imminent....there is an opening at the least.

Blood is thicker than water , dont compare the brother thing to GNR. Axl has called former GNR member family for yrs ...then calls one a 'former employee'. When someone like Izzy,  that he grew up with turns up at his door, he ignores him....and when this person writes songs for him that he was willing to GIVE to him....what does Mr family do??...has his lawyers send him a fuckin legal document asking Izzy to sign all control of his songs over to Axl.....not even a phone call. Charming.

Look Im not totally against Axl, and if makes an awesome album I'll be the FIRST in line to say 'the boy done good'......but to deny that someone like Tommy who has a huge emotional past with Paul (who BTW is WAY closer to Tommies natural style than GNR) ....to say that Tommy WILL NOT record or tour at this stage with GNR gasping for life is naieve, and arrogant.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »

Disco again learn to read. I said tommy wont quit gnr to go back with Paul.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: