Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson recording with Paul Westerberg  (Read 9909 times)
nyd
« on: May 14, 2005, 01:30:21 AM »

I emailed Tommy Stinsons manager asking for confirmation that Tommy had recently worked with Paul Westerberg again (I just couldn't believe it might actually be true  Grin) The article about Tommy/Paul was posted a while back saying they recorded a song for a new movie called 'Elizabethtown'. Here's the reply:

Will - thanks for the email.  I agree - VGH is a beautiful album.  yes tommy played on a song with Paul.  However, it won't be out until next year - and they are holding the title back.  Anything that you've read has been misinformation anyway.
Keep an eye on Tommy's website and eventually the correct information will be posted.
Diane

Thought some people might like to know - I found it interesting that she said 'anything I have read has been misinformation'. I just wanna know where I can hear the song  Cry  rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 08:20:37 AM »

You'll hear it next year.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 04:09:37 PM »

This is nothing. Tommy recorded a song with Paul big deal.
Its just like dizzy recoded a few songs with Josh Todd. It doesnt mean Dizzy is quitting gnr to join Josh todds new band or buckcherry, just like tommy is not quitting gnr to join bacck up with paul.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

Its just like dizzy recoded a few songs with Josh Todd. It doesnt mean Dizzy is quitting gnr to join Josh todds new band or buckcherry, just like tommy is not quitting gnr to join bacck up with paul.

Who knows what will come of it, buts it's absolutely nothing like Dizzy recording with Josh Todd.

The 'Mats have a rabid following craving for a reunion and Westerberg and Stinson have a long history that will tie them together forever.

Last time I checked, the Dizzy and Josh collaboration weren't/isnt/won't cause the stir Paul and Tommy have/will.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 04:42:58 PM »

Who knows what will come of it, buts it's absolutely nothing like Dizzy recording with Josh Todd.

The 'Mats have a rabid following craving for a reunion and Westerberg and Stinson have a long history that will tie them together forever.

Last time I checked, the Dizzy and Josh collaboration weren't/isnt/won't cause the stir Paul and Tommy have/will.

Tommy already said he would not do a reunion with Paul, Tommy also said his loyalty is with Axl and gnr. Case closed.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 04:50:59 PM »

Tommy already said he would not do a reunion with Paul, Tommy also said his loyalty is with Axl and gnr. Case closed.

I wasn't speaking of the possibility of Tommy reuniting with Paul or his loyalty GNR, I was commenting on your poorly thought out analogy, comparing Tommy/Paul to Dizzy and JT.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nyd
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 09:13:36 PM »

I didn't say anything about a re-union  Angry

All I said was the information regarding Elizabethtown is untrue and their is no date to hear the song yet.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 09:19:31 PM »

I wasn't speaking of the possibility of Tommy reuniting with Paul or his loyalty GNR, I was commenting on your poorly thought out analogy, comparing Tommy/Paul to Dizzy and JT.

It was only poor in your opinion but my point was valid none the less.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 10:49:45 PM »

Never say never.

The longer CD fails to be released the more likely we'll see the Tommy and Paul consider a mini 'Mats reunion (even if its just a few shows).
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 11:07:15 PM »

Never say never.

The longer CD fails to be released the more likely we'll see the Tommy and Paul consider a mini 'Mats reunion (even if its just a few shows).

Point is, he wont quit gnr to do mats full time again.

providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 09:57:46 AM »

Dave, I love how your're always making these definitive statements because someone said he would or wouldn't do something. You want to say Tommy said he'd never do a Mats reunion that's one thing but to say it would never happen just because Tommy said it wouldn't, as if that's the final, definitive word, & things & circumstances don't change, is pretty dumb. You never fuckin' learn. You've been doing shit like that for years & you've ALWAYS been proven wrong in the long run. If I had to guess, I'd say, regardless of what Stinson said, you'll see the Mats on stage again & touring before you see Axl & co.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 10:19:52 AM »

Point is, he wont quit gnr to do mats full time again.

I would have to agree with that. I don't think any of them would want to do the 'Mats full time ever again. As far as reckless, drug addled behavior goes they were the alternative rock counterpart to early GnR.   hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 01:28:51 PM »

It was only poor in your opinion....

Hardly.

Equating a one off collaboration such as Reed and Todd's to 2 artists such as Westerberg and Stinson who have a long, storied past together is just silly.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 01:35:37 PM »

I think tommy reuniting with westerberg for an album and tour is a definite 50/50 chance compared to GNR releasing an album and touring. He said he he wouldnt have anything to do with paul long ago, and has also said many other things.......things change.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 02:37:14 PM »

Dave, I love how your're always making these definitive statements because someone said he would or wouldn't do something. You want to say Tommy said he'd never do a Mats reunion that's one thing but to say it would never happen just because Tommy said it wouldn't, as if that's the final, definitive word, & things & circumstances don't change, is pretty dumb. You never fuckin' learn. You've been doing shit like that for years & you've ALWAYS been proven wrong in the long run. If I had to guess, I'd say, regardless of what Stinson said, you'll see the Mats on stage again & touring before you see Axl & co.

Tommy already said he would not do one. How hard is that to understand? So as of right now Tommy would not do one. I love people like you that claim shit to stir up things. Just go by what? Tommy said, and he said he would not leave gnr to reunite with Paul. And I am curious how I have always been proven wrong in the long run? I mearly state what has been said by the band members at the time they say it.?

The fact is as of right now Tommy wont quit gnr to tour with Paul.
The other fact is you like to make up things and claim things are true that contradict with band members say.
Lets see who to believe, what tommy says or what  you claim.
That is a hard one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 02:38:53 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 02:46:09 PM »

Tommy has said a lot of things. He also said that Westerberg had blown any chance....since then he has recored a song with him. Put that in perspective, imagine if Axl had recorded ONE new song with Slash.

Point being, we have no real news as to wether GNR is functioning and as some point this man will wanna move on, so the possibility is VERY real.

You of all people should know by know that GNR band member say one thing then are later let down....so plans change. Id say it's a backup plan for tommy, and may be a 50/50 bet.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 02:56:28 PM »

Tommy has said a lot of things. He also said that Westerberg had blown any chance....since then he has recored a song with him. Put that in perspective, imagine if Axl had recorded ONE new song with Slash.

Point being, we have no real news as to wether GNR is functioning and as some point this man will wanna move on, so the possibility is VERY real.

You of all people should know by know that GNR band member say one thing then are later let down....so plans change. Id say it's a backup plan for tommy, and may be a 50/50 bet.

I just love bashers, I sometimes wonder why people like you even post here. Oh I know just to stir the pot and make up stuff.
Months ago it was Finck is quitting, then it was tommy is quitting, then again finck, then brain, and now tommy again  Undecided

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 03:04:14 PM »

poor predictable dave.

Ilove bashers.

Oh people like you make me laugh etc etc

Im a GNR fan, not a hater.....just a realistic one.

Dave do u recall saying with absolute confidance that GNR was gonna beat VR to the punch??...Do you recall quoting every positive comment from Tommy, Dizzy and Aunt Ger as to CD's release??...remember being proven wrong EVERY time??

Remember when AXL stated that hopefully he would have news regarding CD's release in the months after bucketheads departure??

I could go on for 10 pages....get the gist.

Stop quoting the band members cos so far you are about 3 for 500

Im not a hater, frustrated yes, but the possibility of Tommy rejoining Paul LONG after saying it was a no go (remember he RECENTLY ) recorded a song with him....is a REALISTIC possibility.

Think about it..if Paul is offering Tommy an iron clad tour and album and Axl is still dithering....as a musician which would you chose??

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »

Like I said, they claimed the album was going to be then it got pushed back for some reason or another. The fact is, they still said it.? I also said that Robin didnt quit when people like you were claiming he quit, and guess what? Robin did quit. The same can be said for Tommy when months ago people were claiming he quit, guess what he didnt quit?
Again when people said Fortus quit to go to NIN, and I said, it was bullshit, guess what it was bullshit. Then again when people like? you claimed brain was gonna quit, and I said he wasnt, again I was right.?

so you can claim what ever you want but all we have to go on is what the band members say, no bashers like yourself who keep hoping the band falls apart, so y ou can bash axl yet again.

So if asked who to believe, a band member or someone like you, the answer is simple. So bash all you want and stir the pot, its really ok, its just pathetic that you come to this board to start shit.

And guess what I can quote all the bullshit lies that I have said were not true and they tured out not true. For that people like you are 1/100000. And that is just the album getting pushed back.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »

Regardless how likely or unlikely to happen a Tommy Mat reunion might be, Tommy is unlikely to leave GN?R unless otherwise asked by the leader. As Dave said earlier.
Why? No point in it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: