Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me make a point here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me make a point here  (Read 25288 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2005, 02:06:32 PM »

No one is saying he shouldn't.

He would explain things if he could, and He will update us when he can. So I think.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2005, 02:09:49 PM »

Now I shall wait for jarmo to quote one sentence from my post and try his damndest to make a witty remark about it.

Witty remark.

Some whine about that there is no album and update, some pretend to not be upset. We all try to find the best way.

Maybe that's the difference. I don't have to pretend because things like this really doesn't upset me.

This thread is funny, it seems like the people who see themselves as the "objective non-asskissing" fans are the ones who are the most upset.

I don't care, if there's no update it's business as usual. If one is made one day, cool. I'll put it on the site and we can talk about it. Until then, what about those jerseys? ?hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2005, 02:11:43 PM »

This is not complicated here folks. ?All we are saying is, it would be NICE if axl would tell us something. Even if its not a huge update, it would be nice. ?It doesn't have to be wishful thinking either. ?If axl doesn't know when the album is going to come out, then just say that. ?Say anything for god sake. ?

It astounds me as to how many times we can say that axl doesn't OWE us, and then watch all of the retorts from people saying "I cant beleive you guys think axl owes you"

Yes, it would be nice... however, with these words, you are stating some sort of expectation of Axl's actions. ?Should Axl consult his fans and keep an up to date blog and let us know every thing he does? ? I know that a lot of rockers do that, and that's cool. ?But, why is it that if they don't keep us up to date, they become selfish jerks? ? I just don't understand that. ?

Maybe Axl is a jerk, I don't know, because I haven't met him. ?I know that there are people who have said that he is a jerk, and I also know that there are people who are very loyal to him that say just the opposite. ?I haven't met any of these people either. ?If you think Axl is a jerk, then stop being his fan. ?Simple. ?Go choose a celebrity that loves the limelight... like Britney Spears. ?I'm sure it would be quite easy for you to keep up to date with what's going on in her life, because she has the inquirer on speed dial. ?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »

anyone see the splat interview about dec 2005 seeing cd??
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2005, 02:51:17 PM »

Well done Shaved!!!
It's not like we're waiting for Jesus Christ to come and cure disease and poverty war and destruction.
The point being made is 'it would be nice'.
fucking hell...

Also Tied Up, if you read my post I said 'acknowledge' not 'owe'..... big difference.

acknowledge
 verb to respond to something such as a greeting or message to show it has been noticed or received

owe
to feel that something should be given to or done for somebody in recompense for something

I think we all should be clear now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 03:11:19 PM by Intercourse » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »

Also Tied Up, if you read my post I said 'acknowledge' not 'owe'..... big difference.

acknowledge
 verb to respond to something such as a greeting or message to show it has been noticed or received

owe
to feel that something should be given to or done for somebody in recompense for something

I think we all should be clear now.

Intercourse, my first paragraph of my first post in this thread was referring to you, and how you think Axl should "acknowledge the source of the cash" that he is spending on "Ferraris, neon horse sculptures etc".  Tell me, do you thank your employer (or customers, should you own your own business) every time you buy something a bit on the frivolous side?

My second paragraph was not necessarily directed at you, Intercourse, but to all those who think Axl owes the fans something.  (There have been several posts that suggest this within this thread.) 

Sorry that I didn't make it clear when I originally posted.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2005, 08:55:41 PM »

hahahah.. I underestimated you jarmo.. that was actually quite funny? Grin  No seriously that was fantastic.. peace
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:03:42 PM by shaved » Logged
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2005, 09:02:01 PM »

You are taking what I am saying and putting it to an extreme. 

It would be fucking great to have an updated blog where the new info was told.. but I would never expect anyone to do that.  To expect someone to put out a regularly updated blog entry, and to expect someone to put out a single statement are two very different things.

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2005, 08:41:06 AM »

Tell me, do you thank your employer (or customers, should you own your own business) every time you buy something a bit on the frivolous side?

Yes actually, I'm a doctor and I find that saying 'thank you' or being nice to a patient who is paying me to help them goes a long way in life.

It really is a tiny effort, as is three lines every six months saying, 'hi fans, nothing to report, just relax, more news in six months', that kind of thing.

I can't believe I am being pulled up for even expressing a wish that something this normal and rudimentary would occur.....
peace,
Intercourse.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 08:48:37 AM by Intercourse » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2005, 11:22:15 AM »

Tell me, do you thank your employer (or customers, should you own your own business) every time you buy something a bit on the frivolous side?

Yes actually, I'm a doctor and I find that saying 'thank you' or being nice to a patient who is paying me to help them goes a long way in life.

It really is a tiny effort, as is three lines every six months saying, 'hi fans, nothing to report, just relax, more news in six months', that kind of thing.

That wasn't my question.? Do you call your patients every time you buy a car?? Or a work of art?? That seems to be your implication in a previous comment, that Axl is shopping for "Ferraris, neon horse sculptures etc" without acknowledging the source of the cash he used to pay for these things.? So my question was, every time you choose to buy something, do you call up those that have financed you in some way, in this case, your patients, and say, "Gee, thanks, I just bought a great painting to hang above my mantle.? Thanks a lot for becoming ill, and choosing me as your doctor so I can afford to decorate my home."?

It would be nice if Axl reported to "us" the fans once in a while, but, perhaps he doesn't see the need to report when there is no news.? ?I mean, maybe he will report to us, when there is something to report, or when he feels the need to.? Who are we to dictate the way he should choose to behave?

All I'm saying is that if hearing 'news' from your favorite celebrity is something that is important to you... maybe you shouldn't choose a celebrity that has chosen to become somewhat of a recluse.? *shrug*
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2005, 12:54:38 PM »

That wasn't my question.  Do you call your patients every time you buy a car?  Or a work of art? 

I think you're deliberately playing with my words here. I thank my patients for choosing me, yes. The ferraris and the art work are examples that Axl enjoys spending the money from the fans but hasn't bothered to communicate on any level with them for almost two years. He gets huge returns and won't issue a single sentence to those that support him. Maybe you think that's fair or right  but in most avenues of life, communication is viewed as a healthy and necessary human  passtime. That's my point.

So my question was, every time you choose to buy something, do you call up those that have financed you in some way, in this case, your patients, and say, "Gee, thanks, I just bought a great painting to hang above my mantle.  Thanks a lot for becoming ill, and choosing me as your doctor so I can afford to decorate my home." 

You have totally misinterpreted what I have written (see above). Bono has often thanked his concert crowd 'for giving us a great life'....it really doesn't hurt to do this now and again. It only bolsters fan devotion and support.

It would be nice if Axl reported to "us" the fans once in a while,

AT LAST!!! The penny has dropped!!! You finally get the essence of my argument all along. Read what Shaved said if you remain confused.,

but, perhaps he doesn't see the need to report when there is no news.   I mean, maybe he will report to us, when there is something to report,
No news? Nothing to report? Are you kidding me?
So there is no news or anything to report about the 70 or so songs written, the work with Desmond Childs, Bucketheads status in the band, a release date, the record companys activities around the album, the court case, a possible first single.......Huh?
No news would mean: no band, no songs, no band members, no record company involvement.

A simple comparison should suffice: there is no news from the Soundgarden camp because Chris Cornell  is in a different band and they have gone their seperate ways and have not completed any 'big guns' in the studio...GNR is proposed to be alive so there is news out there. Also, in light of all the brinkmanship from Tommy and Dizzy ('it's getting mixed', 'it's out by February', 'it's awsome', 'i can't wait to tour this'...etc) which all came to FUCK ALL, a statement of clarity would help. Even from a cold, objective business stand point this would make sense.

All I'm saying is that if hearing 'news' from your favorite celebrity is something that is important to you

Yes it is important to me. I like Axls music and I'd like to know when more will be out there so I can support the effort and buy it.

So hearing nothing from your favourite celebrity is the way you like things huh? Why are you here?
That makes absolutely no sense at all and you know it.
peace ok
Intercourse.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 02:16:16 PM by Intercourse » Logged
Elrothiel
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2005, 05:43:19 PM »

You people do realize that Guns N' Roses isn't the only thing going on in the world, and they aren't the only band around. Yes I do love Gn'R and I would love to know what's happening, but I ain't holding my breath. I'm not going around thinking "Oh, I hope he says something soon!" I put it OUT of my mind, listen to either the old stuff, or another band, or fuck my boyfriend, or watch a movie, or surf the net. I don't know whether or not I should even post this because so many people on here will say "Well if you don't CARE, then why are you on HTGTH?"
The truth is I DO care, and there is NOTHING that is going to STOP me caring. Personally, I don't think any band owes anything if they've already given so much. REMEMBER THE OLD STUFF!?? HELLO!!?? That is why this site is around BECAUSE OF THE OLD STUFF!! You think that if Axl had never said anything about ChiDem in the first place we'd be having this argument? NO! Of course we would, only we'd know even less than we already do! We'd still be whining around going "Waa, when is Axl going to release a new album!!? *whingewhinge*". Maybe if we all just shut up about when ChiDem's coming out and talk about other things, then MAYBE just MAYBE Axl will think "Hahaaa! They've FINALLY stopped whinging about it, NOW's the time to release it!"

Of course we all want concrete news. Face it, if we all just forget about it and put it outta our heads and let him get on with it, then sooner or later there'll be a huge-ass fucking commercial broadcast over the entire world advertizing the release of ChiDem. Of course this will only SEEM to happen faster if we all just stop thinking about it!!!
Its like when you have a cut and it hurts real bad. You have to DO SOMETHING ELSE to take your mind off it, and before you know it, it DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!!

Yes it would be NICE to hear something, but actually.... if you think about it.... NOT giving us information, NOT saying ANYTHING is not being a jerk, is NOT being an asshole, but is actually being totally punk rock! Do you think the Sex Pistols would have given a press release about anything they were doing. Lets not forget about the SPIRIT OF ROCK!! Do you think that if ROCK was an actual person he/she would care about anyone other than him/herself and the people closest to him/her? NOOO!!! Rock is about doing what YOU want to do and backlashing against authority and the "right" thing to do!! AKA BEING REBELLIOUS AND NON-BORING!!! Seriously!! You look at all the emo bands nowadays giving shitty little interviews in Kerrang! magazine saying what exactly their album is going to sound like. Do we give a shit about them? NOOOO!!!!

If Axl was giving shitty little interviews in Kerrang! every week, everyone on here would be telling him to shut up!
You can't win and you can't please everyone. There's always SOMEONE who has to go "I don't like you anymore because you said this/didn't say anything/haven't released anything/being an asshole/suck now etcetera".
As long as there is music around, there will be people around to criticize it.
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2005, 07:31:01 PM »

How does Axl Rose owe any of us anything?

He owes me! That's right, $8.50. I was at, um ...Yankee Stadium, yeah..that's the ticket, and um...he was there at the ...hot dog stand, see? and he said "Hey man, got a few bucks, I'll pay ya back in a minute". As he walked off laughing "sucker" I knew I would never see him again.

So don't tell me he doesn't owe his fans!? rant
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2005, 07:41:59 PM »

You know a band has lost complete contact with its fans when the only option is to "just forget about the new album"

In all honesty, I dont sweat about this every minute of my day. ?The only time I even think about the new album is if I throw in a gnr cd, or when I surf the web and check up on this site. ?Just because I think it is rude of axl not to update his fans, does not mean that I am obsessed with the new cd. ?I am on this site about 15 minutes of my day. ?I should seek treatment.

I just cant fathom how you can argue the fact that axl isnt being a very nice guy for not speaking to his fans for years. ?Is it a huge thing? ?Nope. ?This is just a thread on some guys message board, and I am simply stating my opinion. ?I thought it was common sense that not speaking to your fans is a pretty rude thing to do. Huh? ?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2005, 12:08:24 AM »

You know a band has lost complete contact with its fans when the only option is to "just forget about the new album"

In all honesty, I dont sweat about this every minute of my day. ?The only time I even think about the new album is if I throw in a gnr cd, or when I surf the web and check up on this site. ?Just because I think it is rude of axl not to update his fans, does not mean that I am obsessed with the new cd. ?I am on this site about 15 minutes of my day. ?I should seek treatment.

I just cant fathom how you can argue the fact that axl isnt being a very nice guy for not speaking to his fans for years. ?Is it a huge thing? ?Nope. ?This is just a thread on some guys message board, and I am simply stating my opinion. ?I thought it was common sense that not speaking to your fans is a pretty rude thing to do. Huh? ?

Maybe Axl should spend all day writing in his online web blog? Would that make everyone happy or would people just bitch about how he is spending too much time writing in his journal instead of working on his album.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2005, 03:46:45 AM »

This is why Jerry Only of the Misfits is so awesome.  Me and my friends have hung out with the guy.  He once talked to us for like half an hour after a show.  And another time he gave us all kinds of free shit out of his car.  He truly appreciates his fans, and he always goes well above and beyond what he needs to do to show his appreciation.  Its pretty obvious Axl has no appreciation for us.  All we want is a little update on what's been going on all these years.  As someone who payed for a ticket for the Philly show in 2002, I'm definitely at least owed an explanation from Axl about why he didn't show.  He doesn't care about his fans, and that's really sad.  And even after all the shit he's put his fans through, I'll still buy Chinese Democracy the day it comes out, I'd still shell out hard earned cash to see him live, and I'll still tell everyone I know he's the greatest frontman that ever lived.  Axls got some of the most loyal fans in the world, its a shame he doesn't give two shits about us.  And yeah, Jerry Only rules.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2005, 05:09:54 AM »

Maybe Axl should spend all day writing in his online web blog? Would that make everyone happy or would people just bitch about how he is spending too much time writing in his journal instead of working on his album.

I am at a loss for words.  Do you people even read the posts?

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:27 AM »

I give up too. Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »

Ok you two, just answer this: If Axl updated the fans with a statement that said there's no release date yet and they're still working on the album, what kind of reaction do you think it would get?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

let me ask you this..
would it be any worse than the current mood among fans?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: