Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:19:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me make a point here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me make a point here  (Read 25291 times)
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2005, 09:23:55 AM »

why does their site have a new release date every time an old one passes, why is the actual site Never updated,

GNRonline.com is owned and operated by Interscope, not GNR. You could email those questions to them.

So GN'R doesn't have any channel to communicate with the fans, right? If Axl asked Interscope to release a short statment on their site it wouldn't happen, right? Poor little Axl.

No, I was simply stating that Interscope runs the site and so any questions related to it shold and can be forwarded to them.

And why should Axl bother with a shitty website anyway? Because Trent does?! Why should Axl copy NIN, isn't that what Marilyn Manson is for? I sincerely hope that Axl gives less than a fuck about his so-called "fans" as they prove on a daily basis that they aren't worth bothering with.

If you really can't fathom why Axl isn't running around playing grab-ass with drooling internet fanboys maybe you should take a little look at the reactions to any and every little thing he's said since. . . oh I don't know,  1997?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2005, 10:12:30 AM »

Those people who are chanting that 'he will speak when there is something to speak about' are completely wrong... Trent Reznor updated his fans (through his website) about where they are, which songs they're working on etc. It's quite simple to do these days.

Yeah, and Trent Reznor is not Axl Rose.

You should get used to it by now. There were no updates between 1994 and 1999 or so.

he should tell us that 'nothing's happenin' right now, I'm o holiday till 2007, don't expect anything, see ya then'.

So you could post "But Trent Reznor wasn't on holiday, he managed to release an album and tour! Why can't Axl? Axl sucks!"?

/jarmo

C'mon Jarmo, you can't be serious.  Roll Eyes

Axl Rose is not Trent Reznor. Axl Rose is not Michael Jackson. Axl Rose is Axl Rose. I don't think he will give an update: not because he's Axl Rose, but because he's a jerk. I got used to it. You can keep making these weird posts since it seems to be impossible for you to understand: the fans want an update. A true update. Not long, and no need for Axl's wishful thinking. Just something about the state of CD like: 'we've been mixing for a year, and I think we'll need an other year to finish'. That's be enough.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2005, 10:15:41 AM »

why does their site have a new release date every time an old one passes, why is the actual site Never updated,

GNRonline.com is owned and operated by Interscope, not GNR. You could email those questions to them.

So GN'R doesn't have any channel to communicate with the fans, right? If Axl asked Interscope to release a short statment on their site it wouldn't happen, right? Poor little Axl.

No, I was simply stating that Interscope runs the site and so any questions related to it shold and can be forwarded to them.

And why should Axl bother with a shitty website anyway? Because Trent does?! Why should Axl copy NIN, isn't that what Marilyn Manson is for? I sincerely hope that Axl gives less than a fuck about his so-called "fans" as they prove on a daily basis that they aren't worth bothering with.

If you really can't fathom why Axl isn't running around playing grab-ass with drooling internet fanboys maybe you should take a little look at the reactions to any and every little thing he's said since. . . oh I don't know,? 1997?

So updating the fans is copying Reznor. Alright.  Roll Eyes  And the fans' biggest problem with Axl's words (since 1997) that the most important parts turned out to be untrue or wishful thinking.

Rollin' on the streets
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2005, 10:20:48 AM »

And the fans' biggest problem with Axl's words (since 1997) that the most important parts turned out to be untrue or wishful thinking.

So why do you want an update? Until a release date is set in stone anything he says will be "wishful thinking". You want a concrete statement? I'm sure you'll get one when there's something concrete to say.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

So do you imply that Axl won't say the truth? OMG  Shocked

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2005, 10:40:01 AM »

C'mon Jarmo, you can't be serious.? Roll Eyes

I can be seriously sarcastic.

You can keep making these weird posts since it seems to be impossible for you to understand: the fans want an update. A true update. Not long, and no need for Axl's wishful thinking. Just something about the state of CD like: 'we've been mixing for a year, and I think we'll need an other year to finish'. That's be enough.

What so weird about stating the obvious?

There's no updates because they don't have anything to say. This band doesn't hype themselves by giving updates on nothing.

Aren't you still whining about the update you got last year? How Axl lied to you when he said "we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2005, 11:27:35 AM »

You know what I think is hilarious about this?  If and when they release the CD, and it's a failure, this lack of keeping fans up to date with the band (in ANY form of media, even through a spokesman) could really come back to bite them in the ass.

Face it - no matter how successful this album is, it could be bigger if they would've kept more casual fans around with a little update or exposure from time to time.

I think sometimes we forget that we're not the norm when it comes to Gn'R fans.  No one except the diehards are waiting like we are, and even the best marketing plan in the world won't be able to make an average fan buy this CD after not hearing from Axl for years.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2005, 11:33:06 AM »

I love how people tell others that axl will say it when he wants is the way he is and everyone should just be cool with that because they are that way.. He sure as hell mentioned cd over the years without it being ready for release so why not look for an update years later?/ The logic when you are let down by axl hihi You have  a board devoted to axl and his doings but to expect anything is crazy.. Only axl fans would get pissed at others for actually wanting some new good or bad.. rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2005, 11:56:05 AM »

This owing business is getting things backwards and on my nerves.

Perhaps I am just paraphrasing what someone already said
but let me make my point here

1) about CD

Who is encumbered with the responsibility for the production? You or Axl?
Who's been put many years of effort for the production? You?
Who will be run into the trouble in case it doesn't see the light after all these years? You?
Who is most likely to take the blame for everything including the production Cost? You?
Virtually we don't risk anything. Axl does.

He says he does all this for himself. What could that mean? Think about it.

2) The Consumerism

In that logic, a civil servant would owe all the citizens.
If you or your parent (you owe them don?t you?) were in a certain business you?d owe all the clients.
Would they go claim that against you?
Especially when they're satisfied with all the products they purchased from you?
Especially when they are yet to do another deal with you?

3) About all that you've done for GN'R

I do nothing of the sort, bar for myself. That's fun.

Lets not forget that whatever we've done to see or to hear the band etc is what we VOLUNTARILY chose to do, and in fact, Axl has said, "sorry I'm late" on many occasions.

You regret that?

Do you think if you had never heard of an Axl, you would be better off?
Do you?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2005, 12:32:18 PM »

stop making so many excuses for axl... it's a fucking album, not the cure for cancer just give the people who will buy his prize who an update every now and again.. Geez people is that to much to ask for..? I would be pissed with any band that did this, not just axl..
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2005, 12:50:04 PM »

Mike old son,

Remember where you are here....you won't win this argument (but in the 'outside' world it is different....)
I personally cannot see what harm three lines from Axl now and again would do but sure I must be 'drooling fan boy' for wanting that.

Many here like to bark on about the nerve of people like you asking for a communication from Axl? yet they go ahead and download IRS in their thousands, despite Axls request not too.

Axl has been happy to take the cash for the Ferraris, neon horse sculptures etc but doesn't seem arsed acknowledging the source of that cash.....
Just get used to it man, it's been this way since 1996/1997 and I don't expect that to change any time soon.
It's his way and I guess he feels entitled to it.
peace,
Intercourse.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »

I just talked common sense.

stop making so many excuses for axl...
If you stop making so many excuses for moaning.   Wink
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2005, 12:57:25 PM »

There's no updates because they don't have anything to say. This band doesn't hype themselves by giving updates on nothing.

Now you really are joking aren't you?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »

stop making so many excuses for axl... it's a fucking album, not the cure for cancer just give the people who will buy his prize who an update every now and again.. Geez people is that to much to ask for..? I would be pissed with any band that did this, not just axl..

Yeah, it's just an album. So why are all these people so upset that they haven't gotten a "it's not done yet" statement from Axl?

Now you really are joking aren't you?

No.

Count the statements made during the times when the band has not been on tour.

There was one about RIR4, one about that guitar player, Merck made a comment about the New York Times piece... Did I forget something?

It's not a big secret that if a statement was made, it would be turned against the band. By their "fans".

Those of us who'd say "ok, so it's not done yet. Well, maybe some day" would get called asskissers and those of you who'd attack the band for not being done yet, would be the "objective fans".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2005, 01:17:44 PM »

Jarmo, you convinced me.  yes It's perfect as it is. It couldn't be better. No news is good news! No music is good music! After all 2005 will be the year of Guns N' Roses, just like 2004, 2003 etc. was!  ok

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2005, 01:23:14 PM »

Jarmo, you convinced me.? yes It's perfect as it is. It couldn't be better. No news is good news! No music is good music! After all 2005 will be the year of Guns N' Roses, just like 2004, 2003 etc. was!? ok

I didn't say it couldn't be better. Face the facts, that's the way it is and that's the way it has been for a long time.

But what good does it do to whine and moan about it year after year?

Didn't you do this same thing in 2004, 2003, 2002? "There's no update on the album  crying ", does it make you happier?

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2005, 01:30:55 PM »

It eases the frustration. Some whine about that there is no album and update, some pretend to not be upset. We all try to find the best way.

Rollin' on the streets
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2005, 01:51:54 PM »

Axl has been happy to take the cash for the Ferraris, neon horse sculptures etc but doesn't seem arsed acknowledging the source of that cash.....
Just get used to it man, it's been this way since 1996/1997 and I don't expect that to change any time soon.
It's his way and I guess he feels entitled to it.
peace,
Intercourse.
The source of the cash is AXL.  He earned that cash.  If you paid cash for a concert, or for a cd or for other merch, that was your choice to spend your hard-earned cash on GnR stuff.  Axl worked for the money, it wasn't given to him by the fans freely, just because we admire and adore him.  We got what we paid for.  We got something in return for the money Axl now spends for "Ferraris, neon horse sculptures, etc."  He worked for the money, it's his previlege to spend it as he sees fit without sending "us" a thank you note every time he decides to spend some dough.

Axl owes us NOTHING.  Yes, that's right, nothing.  The music biz, like every other biz in America, is a free-enterprise/capitalist system, and you pick and choose what you want to support with the dollars you spend.  In return for those dollars spent, we get something.  We get a cd, we get a concert, we get merch.  We are not currently financially supporting Axl through cd, concert or merch sales (unless you're talking the buying of old cds, or some of the clothing or other merch at the website -- but then, if we are spending money on this, we are still getting our rewards for the money spent by way of the merch.)  Buying the old merch does not offer us some sort of "money back guarantee" that Axl will produce something new within the next year or two or twelve.

"we" the fans, do not own Axl.  We do not own the celebrities we adore and admire.  They are not our own personal robots that will do our bidding at our command.  Get over it, get a life, and stop waiting.  If the new album comes out, great, I'll probably be first in line to buy it.  But if it doesn't, I won't be on my death bed regretting that I wasted my life waiting for something that never materialized, because I'm not.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2005, 01:58:34 PM »

Oh my god..

This is not complicated here folks. ?All we are saying is, it would be NICE if axl would tell us something. Even if its not a huge update, it would be nice. ?It doesn't have to be wishful thinking either. ?If axl doesn't know when the album is going to come out, then just say that. ?Say anything for god sake. ?

It astounds me as to how many times we can say that axl doesn't OWE us, and then watch all of the retorts from people saying "I cant beleive you guys think axl owes you"

We know he doesn't technically OWE us.

WE KNOW
WE KNOW
WE KNOW
WE KNOW

I swear to god if I see another reply like that I am going to crap my pants and forget who I am for a few hours. ?Axl most definately does not have to tell us a god damn thing, we understand that. ?We understand that it would make no logical sense for axl to want to keep his fans happy, and updated on the progress of his album. ?Why on earth would axl do such a thing ?We are simply using an open forum to speak our minds. ?We are simply saying that we feel jipped by axl. ?Many people here have paid a good deal of money to see axl, and then were simply screwed over. ?Many people here paid their hard earned money on TSI, and were screwed over!! (hehe..j/k) ?We just want a little update. That is it.. nothing else. ?What are you people really arguing against? ?I want to know! ?We both want the same damn thing, the only difference is your motto is to "sit back and shut up. ?The man will speak when he is ready" ?This isn't the second coming of christ for shit sake, this is a fucking album. ?This is a real guy who knows that he has a shitload of fans out there. ?Get out of your fucking hobit hole and say something. ? I won't have to trouble Jarmo any longer by checking his site daily if i just get a heads up on what is going on. ?IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!!

"I sure hope axl tells us something"

"youuuuu selllfiishh BAAASTARRRDD!!!"

Now I shall wait for jarmo to quote one sentence from my post and try his damndest to make a witty remark about it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2005, 01:59:37 PM »

Yeah, it's just an album. So why are all these people so upset that they haven't gotten a "it's not done yet" statement from Axl?

We are on a gnr forum we do want to just have some info on the status of the album.. It's not just an album to us, but it is just an album as in disk with plastic cover..... What point would there be to be on a fan forum if we never get any info on the music we are waiting for? Isn't anyone tired of 20 sound boards and a few songs?? That's the point not everyone is so in love with each new tune that for the next twenty years that will satisfy them.. We need to discuss music no more axl's hair his jerseys how the outside world views him..
How anyone can say he shouldn't update his fans is beyond me...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: