Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me make a point here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me make a point here  (Read 25306 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 06:08:23 PM »

Jarmo, you crack up me.

With you guys, it is either "you are inside axls butt, or you have to leave."

Tell me.. isnt it possible to love Gnr, and be excited that the new cd is eventually going to come out. .but also realize that the guy treats his fans like garbage? ?I like Gnr just as much as you do, but I dont have to live in denial that axl doesnt treat us like crap.

I HAVE NEEEVVERRR SAID that axl OWES us anything.. I agree with a previous poster who said that it is simply the right thing to do. ?Are you able to sit back and tell me that axl is a good guy for never once speaking to us about the new album? ?Cause I would love to hear it. ?Does he technically OWE us? ?Nooo he doesn't, but that doesn't mean he's not a dick. ?

You hate that people like me come to this site because my opinion differs from yours. ?I am not waving around pom poms and chanting '"axl axl he's our man" and it irritates you. ?You want everyone to have the same positive outlook on everything, and you want everyone to close their eyes to what a joke axl is making the band for every year he delays the cd. ?Why do I come to this site? ?I have come to this site for years now because I want to find a shred of hope that the new album will come out. ?But then I see threads like "axl vs. Jesus." ? This just further illustrates my point.. that some of you people are truly insane. ?

One of the best 'newbie' posts Ive ever read.

As for Jarmos comment on how has he treated u like garbage??

Dunno where to begin.....well directly no, go see various concert goers for that.
Actually  the one concert I went to at age 17, after spending all the money Id saved , borrowed and stealed for months....hitchiked (800km's i might add) etc to get there, stayed in squallor.....the bastard went on 2 1/2 hrs late and the only  way of getting  to my home for the night was to leave halfway into the set. I never even held that against him, and honestly didnt even remember that until now, thats how loyal I used to be to the guy.

Kept 80,000 people waiting. Did he ever give fans a legitimate reason for this?? If Im late to a friends for dinner I say...sorry Im late...this and this happened. Name ONE time Axl ever said ....'sorry to keep you waiting', yet he throwsa tantrum when someone takes his photo, or the crowd arent as 'rocking' as he'd like.

Dont give me excuses...he wouldnt have pulled that at the Freddie Mercury tribute show.......self important twat.

The question is has Axl rose treated loyal fans well??

simple question...yes or no?? raise your hands.

I believe the negative have it.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 07:31:50 PM »

Dunno where to begin.....well directly no, go see various concert goers for that.
Actually? the one concert I went to at age 17, after spending all the money Id saved , borrowed and stealed for months....hitchiked (800km's i might add) etc to get there, stayed in squallor.....the bastard went on 2 1/2 hrs late and the only? way of getting? to my home for the night was to leave halfway into the set. I never even held that against him, and honestly didnt even remember that until now, thats how loyal I used to be to the guy.

Kept 80,000 people waiting. Did he ever give fans a legitimate reason for this?? If Im late to a friends for dinner I say...sorry Im late...this and this happened. Name ONE time Axl ever said ....'sorry to keep you waiting', yet he throwsa tantrum when someone takes his photo, or the crowd arent as 'rocking' as he'd like.

I saw him when I was 16. It was the best concert I've ever seen. He was a bit late there as well.

But the memories...... I guess I should still be bitter about him being late instead of being glad I got to see one of the greatest concerts I've ever seen.

Even a perfect band like VR are late sometimes. They kept us waiting in London so people had to leave before the last song was finished. Was I pissed off at them for that? No.... Their excuse "Sorry to keep you waiting, but we were saving the world".

I know this isn't about VR, but when people are pissed off at Axl for being late 12-14 years ago, then you start wondering what's going on.

Dont give me excuses...he wouldnt have pulled that at the Freddie Mercury tribute show.......self important twat.

No, but Spinal Tap were late so GN'R could only play two songs instead of the planned three.

The question is has Axl rose treated loyal fans well??

You mean, treated the fans like a fan friendly band like Metallica?  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 09:37:55 PM »

hey you can't say the words axl and dicking at the same time.you just get me excited !
now get a life axl owes you nothing.
 beer smoking
show em my moto'
peace and chicken grease !

the one an only horsey !
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 03:15:31 AM »

I don't understand the "get a life" response to us who think Axl owes us an explanation.  Doesn't really make sense.  If your friend promises you something, then never gives it to you, and you ask him what happened he's not gonna tell you to get a life.  If you don't think Axl owes his fans then I respect your opinion, but the whole "get a life" thing is just stupid. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
makemyday
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005, 06:45:49 AM »

Jarmo, you crack up me.

With you guys, it is either "you are inside axls butt, or you have to leave."

Tell me.. isnt it possible to love Gnr, and be excited that the new cd is eventually going to come out. .but also realize that the guy treats his fans like garbage?  I like Gnr just as much as you do, but I dont have to live in denial that axl doesnt treat us like crap.

I HAVE NEEEVVERRR SAID that axl OWES us anything.. I agree with a previous poster who said that it is simply the right thing to do.  Are you able to sit back and tell me that axl is a good guy for never once speaking to us about the new album?  Cause I would love to hear it.  Does he technically OWE us?  Nooo he doesn't, but that doesn't mean he's not a dick.   

Haha, that was funny. And true. Normally a band writes song, records them, go on tour, gives infos.... so they're doing the usual business. In exchange the fans go to concerts, buy the albums, write love letters to the bandmembers etc. But in the Guns world it doesn't work like that. Or when they gave interviews they should just say: "I don't know anything, leave me alone."
I already wrote it in an old topic but what would have happened if Star Wars: Episode I would have been released in 1999? (Or another year sorry can't recall it)
What if Lucas would be still working on Episode I?
Star Wars fans would have already seen a trailer, know the actors, know the story
and things like that but still haven't seen the film itself. A lot of people would be upset.

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2005, 07:57:33 AM »

I already wrote it in an old topic but what would have happened if Star Wars: Episode I would have been released in 1999? (Or another year sorry can't recall it)
What if Lucas would be still working on Episode I?
Star Wars fans would have already seen a trailer, know the actors, know the story
and things like that but still haven't seen the film itself. A lot of people would be upset.

That's a great analogy, because it's entirely the wrong one to make your point. If the bickering of the Star Wars fans on the various movie sites that I read are analogous to the GNR fans here, ie the core fanbase obsessed with all things related to the subject, then you've made the opposite point to the one you're trying to make. If anything, those fans are annoyed at Lucas for taking something that they cherished and screwing it up. Knowing what they know now, I'm sure that they'd be happy for Lucas to spend a lot more time on writing and making the movies in the interests of getting it right. Episode 1 seems to have been a huge letdown for those fans, as well as Episode 2, and that's largely thanks to Lucas wanting to rush through the process and get those movies out (originally he had wanted to film all three back-to-back, like the LOTR movies).

I'm sure that if Axl had rushed a GNR album or two out over the last few years, he'd be getting much the same treatment from GNR fans that Lucas gets from hardcore Star Wars fans, endless insults, ranting and raving because what they got was not what they wanted.   And Lucas has poisoned the well, after the media blitz surrounding his prequels and the resultant anti-climax as each film has turned out to be less than stellar few are going to leap onto the bandwagon next time he releases something. I'm sure that it's better that GNR aren't in that position. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2005, 09:00:48 AM »

I know this isn't about VR, but when people are pissed off at Axl for being late 12-14 years ago, then you start wondering what's going on.
Jarmo I don't care either about waiting.. It's part of gnr or vr to be late.. Thing is outsided of the gnr forums and people that went to say one gnr show back in the day use to tell me about it.. They were like I had to wait fucking two hours for axl rose to show up.. Now that is probably their one and only gnr show they went to.. I've seen many bands live adn they all were on time within a few minutes so for someone who never saw but one gnr concert might feel it's fucked up to be late because it's not typical with many bands they might have seen..
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005, 03:44:57 PM »

I don't understand the "get a life" response to us who think Axl owes us an explanation.? Doesn't really make sense.? If your friend promises you something, then never gives it to you, and you ask him what happened he's not gonna tell you to get a life.? If you don't think Axl owes his fans then I respect your opinion, but the whole "get a life" thing is just stupid.?

the get a life thing is about.living your life not sitting there thinking this guy owes me something cause he is a rockstar or something.don't you think axl has a life outside the music world.or didn't that occur to you.i mean sure one can say the things you are saying.and maybe believe axl will get up and jump through hoops for you all !
but i highly doubt pushing axl around by saying he owes you will do no good.so sorry for you then axl is not jumping through hoops today or any other day in fact.
 beer
half a moto'
peace and chicken grease !

the one an only horsey !
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2005, 03:48:37 PM »

I'm not looking for him to jump through hoops.  A simple statement will suffice.  GN'R is one of the few bands that i love where I have no frigging clue what is going on with them.  Making a small statement wouldn't take too much time and it would make a lot of people much happier.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2005, 06:00:45 PM »

Jump through hoops?  Give me a friggin break.

I simply think it would be kind of him to make one statement in the past years.  A ten second statement in 3 years certainly isnt asking for much.   Do I honestly expect this to happen?  No I do not, because that would be a nice thing for axl to do for his fans.  I never expect axl to be nice.   

I suppose that if I walked into the mall and there is a little old lady behind me, I dont HAVE to hold that door upen for her.  I dont OWE her anything.  I'll tell you what though, I would feel like a scumbag if I didnt.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »

dude whats the point in caring. Hes not doing anything so theres no need for concern. Just listen to the music you got and any live things you can find and rock out to good OLD gnr for aslong as you live!!!!!!!!!

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »

I suppose that if I walked into the mall and there is a little old lady behind me, I dont HAVE to hold that door upen for her.? I dont OWE her anything.? I'll tell you what though, I would feel like a scumbag if I didnt.

So Axl should hold the door open even if nobody's coming that way?

I'm sure he'll say something when there's something to be said! Why is that so hard to understand?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2005, 07:35:39 PM »

If he has apparently been working hard on the cd for years now, I find it hard to beleive there is nothing to say.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »

If he has apparently been working hard on the cd for years now, I find it hard to beleive there is nothing to say.

Is this what you want to hear?

"We're working on the album, it doesn't have a release date yet but we hope to have news on that sooner or later".

/jarmo

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »

Jarmo......

We want Axl not even to tell us a release date for CD we want a statement about the 2002 tour, and why can't he put the damn album out since Moby said it was done like 6 friggin years ago.
It's his CD yeah that's fine and he could release it WHENEVER he feels. I don't care. I do need to hear what is actually going on NOW. Current tracks that he wants on the album, If the music is really done (I don't take Stinson serious anymore or Dizzy for that matter), Why is it taking 6 years to lay down vocals, if he can still sing, why does their site have a new release date every time an old one passes, why is the actual site Never updated, Does he care about the musicians in his band waiting with supposedly genious material that Axl's ass has been sitting on for SIX years,Does he give a single shit about the fans (like most artists do). You can't answer these questions and i know that, but how can people say the fans are treated fairly. We got a half ass single ( son't get me wrong i love it) called Oh my God in 1999. He needs to stop caring about what's hip at the moment he needs to release a GUNS N' ROSES record. GN'R re-revolutionized rock music in the 80's and Axl with an all star band can do it again in the new millenium.

And Shaved is rite people have to take their head out of Axl's ass.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2005, 08:40:38 PM »

wow, its great to see more people who do not worship Axl Rose...  I was beginning to think there for a second that I was the only one!

I still say the best way to get him to release this album is to take money out of his pockets by not buying merchandise....

Months ago I also said this, but I will say it again.  When Chinese Democracy is released I will not be paying money to get the album.  Axl has screwed me before from cancelled shows (hotel, ticket service charges, wasted time with planning).  Because of this there is absolutely no way I will give him the satisfaction of getting my money and in fact he will be repaying me for that lost money. 

I fully expect the  Roll Eyes  crying  Cry faces to come out after this post!  Let the mud be slung!
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2005, 09:38:51 PM »

why does their site have a new release date every time an old one passes, why is the actual site Never updated,

GNRonline.com is owned and operated by Interscope, not GNR. You could email those questions to them.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2005, 02:42:11 AM »

why does their site have a new release date every time an old one passes, why is the actual site Never updated,

GNRonline.com is owned and operated by Interscope, not GNR. You could email those questions to them.

So GN'R doesn't have any channel to communicate with the fans, right? If Axl asked Interscope to release a short statment on their site it wouldn't happen, right? Poor little Axl.

Face it, this guy doesn't give a fuck about the fans. Because he's a jerk. That's it. As much as I'd like to hear the album or read something relevant about it (and this can mean only Axl, although that still won't be 100%), I'm sure that nothing will happen. Maybe in some years Axl will release CD. Then he'll maybe go on tour. Then some riots again and it's over. Those people who are chanting that 'he will speak when there is something to speak about' are completely wrong... Trent Reznor updated his fans (through his website) about where they are, which songs they're working on etc. It's quite simple to do these days. The only excuse for Axl could be that nothing's happenin' in Nu-GN'R's world. But if that was the case, he should tell us that 'nothing's happenin' right now, I'm o holiday till 2007, don't expect anything, see ya then'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »

Those people who are chanting that 'he will speak when there is something to speak about' are completely wrong... Trent Reznor updated his fans (through his website) about where they are, which songs they're working on etc. It's quite simple to do these days.

Yeah, and Trent Reznor is not Axl Rose.

You should get used to it by now. There were no updates between 1994 and 1999 or so.

he should tell us that 'nothing's happenin' right now, I'm o holiday till 2007, don't expect anything, see ya then'.

So you could post "But Trent Reznor wasn't on holiday, he managed to release an album and tour! Why can't Axl? Axl sucks!"?

/jarmo

makemyday
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2005, 08:27:42 AM »

Those people who are chanting that 'he will speak when there is something to speak about' are completely wrong... Trent Reznor updated his fans (through his website) about where they are, which songs they're working on etc. It's quite simple to do these days.

Yeah, and Trent Reznor is not Axl Rose.

You should get used to it by now. There were no updates between 1994 and 1999 or so.

he should tell us that 'nothing's happenin' right now, I'm o holiday till 2007, don't expect anything, see ya then'.

So you could post "But Trent Reznor wasn't on holiday, he managed to release an album and tour! Why can't Axl? Axl sucks!"?

/jarmo

The ones who only want to attack Axl would say this. But probably the majority would accept this statement.
As for the Star wars thing I didn't think about the quality of the movies. I just wanted to point that not everyone who is upset, is a whiny loser.

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: