Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me make a point here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me make a point here  (Read 25363 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 06:52:43 PM »

That was hilarious!!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 06:56:36 PM »

Well, there's no accounting for taste Tongue

Woke up at noon today. Had a glass of soy milk and three loafs of wheat toast for breakfast, in preparation for my mid-afternoon colonic.

yea, there's no accounting for taste but soy milk tastes horrid.puke
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 07:53:44 PM »

Well, there's no accounting for taste Tongue

Woke up at noon today. Had a glass of soy milk and three loafs of wheat toast for breakfast, in preparation for my mid-afternoon colonic.

yea, there's no accounting for taste but soy milk tastes horrid.puke
I actually do drink soy milk, and most brands do taste horrid Tongue You have to shop around for something which doesn't taste like goat mucus.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 11:20:12 PM »

How many shows did Axl perform with GNR? How much time did he lose to tour buses and airports to haul his ass from gig to gig? How many days of his youth were wasted in hotel rooms waiting for show-time? How many years has he spent on the new album?? How long did he struggle to work with the old band and how long has he spent putting this new line-up together? For how long has he been a figure of public ridicule? How many people badmouth him in the media and on the internet per day?

How does Axl Rose owe any of us anything?

Let us not forget that all you say is the life he VOLUNTARILY chose, and in fact, he says he works towards.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 11:21:50 PM »

Jarmo, you crack up me.

With you guys, it is either "you are inside axls butt, or you have to leave."

Tell me.. isnt it possible to love Gnr, and be excited that the new cd is eventually going to come out. .but also realize that the guy treats his fans like garbage? ?I like Gnr just as much as you do, but I dont have to live in denial that axl doesnt treat us like crap.

I HAVE NEEEVVERRR SAID that axl OWES us anything.. I agree with a previous poster who said that it is simply the right thing to do. ?Are you able to sit back and tell me that axl is a good guy for never once speaking to us about the new album? ?Cause I would love to hear it. ?Does he technically OWE us? ?Nooo he doesn't, but that doesn't mean he's not a dick. ?

You hate that people like me come to this site because my opinion differs from yours. ?I am not waving around pom poms and chanting '"axl axl he's our man" and it irritates you. ?You want everyone to have the same positive outlook on everything, and you want everyone to close their eyes to what a joke axl is making the band for every year he delays the cd. ?Why do I come to this site? ?I have come to this site for years now because I want to find a shred of hope that the new album will come out. ?But then I see threads like "axl vs. Jesus." ? This just further illustrates my point.. that some of you people are truly insane. ?

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 04:03:25 AM »

You axl freaks make me laugh.?

Really?

Posts like yours make me laugh.

You're only here to whine about Axl owing you something.

You think he owes you, yet you're here day after day. Is it because you need to be reminded of how "poorly" Axl treats you?

Wouldn't it be best if you just forgot about GN'R and listened to something else? That way you wouldn't have to get upset about not getting any updates from Axl.....

/jarmo

People are addicted and fasinated by Axl, they may pretend to hate or dislike him but they come back for the rumors and news because they need it and know that there is no other rock star out there that is as fasinating as Axl. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 04:06:36 AM »

Does anyone here think Axl does owe his fans, who took off work, bought a ticket or paid for gas, got a hotel room, bought tickets to the concert, spent hours getting there, showed up and then Axl didn't show up for the concert, do you think that Axl owes something to those fans who lost $100's on going to see him only to be let down?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 05:01:01 AM »

Axl has a superbly sized ego so he doesnt care. I think we need to tell axl to "get the f**k out!!!!" *moshes*

html sucks
nyd
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 05:06:18 AM »

Personally I don't like Axl but it is wrong for you to think he owes us anything. He has told us all to get on with our lives and don't sit around waiting for the CD.

Yet here we all are  Undecided

-I'm here for all the Izzy and Tommy Stinson conversations going down  smoking
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 08:40:43 AM »

Axl doesn't owe anybody anything.
I dont think u should feel this way about one of the gr8test frontman of all time.
What more cud we want., except CD of course! Grin

What's so civil about war anyway?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 09:41:02 AM »

Tell me.. isnt it possible to love Gnr, and be excited that the new cd is eventually going to come out. .but also realize that the guy treats his fans like garbage? ?I like Gnr just as much as you do, but I dont have to live in denial that axl doesnt treat us like crap.

How has he treated you like crap now? Seems like it upsets you a whole lot more than it upsets me....

No updates on the album? I'm used to that. GN'R has always been that way. Axl didn't give that many interviews back in the 90s either.

The way I see it is that if he says something, and it doesn't happen, he gets called a liar. So you get an update but you call him a liar. Because it's not good enough to get an update anymore. So why bother saying anything until it's 100% sure that it's gonna happen?

No album? Well, he doesn't have to release one if he doesn't feel like it.

Cancelling shows? It happens to most artists. They cancelled a show here in 2001, it sucked but crying about it years later doesn't help....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »

You can look at it any way you want, but its NOT RIGHT. Its just that simple. Axl has all these fans upset because they're being kept in the dark for years, or for whatever reason, thats not right. Yeah he may not be obligated to tell me anything, true; but the right thing for him to do would be to just step up and say, "Look, here's the deal...". Its just that easy. If you truely can't see that, something is wrong with you. Yeah, you can cry/argue and say, "Bs, he doesnt have to do shit"!. Whatever... That would just be the right thing for him to do. ?peace ?

You're right, Atreal, It's called SIMPLE COMMON COURTESY, if people can't understand that then they deserve to be treated like garbage. Axl shows NO COURTESY to those who chose to continue to be fans of his, as a matter of fact, I think CONTEMPT would be a better word for Axl's treatment of his fans.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 09:51:12 AM »

Last time he said something, he basically got called a liar.

You just have to face it, some of you will never be happy with anything he does.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 10:32:59 AM »

Axl's obligations, as far as what he owes to who, don't extend much further than his label and his lawyers. As far as the fans go? He doesn't owe them an album at all. Simple fact. We voluntarily choose to be fans, its not like we're required to pay monthly dues or something for the privelidge of being a GnR fan. We as fans have not invested a red cent into Chinese Democracy the album, so therefore we really have no right, nor are we owed anything directly related to Chinese Democracy. We chose to wait and stand by him, that doesn't mean he has to care about it. Sad fact.

The only thing we are really 'owed' is an explanation about the tour, and why it ended so abruptly. Why? Because people there are people that paid money to see him and didn't get to. As much as people want to rationalize him and say 'oh, he's an artist, he will go on when he's ready blah blah blah....', once the money has exchanged hands you've entered into an unspoken contract of sorts that pretty much states 'i paid for you to show up and play a good show, by taking my money you agree to deliver on that.' No one likes paying for a concert ticket to have it cancelled or to see a band perform like shit, or for the singer to walk off early because someone hit a bad note. Axl isn't an exception. You wouldn't tolerate it from any other band, so don't think that GnR is somehow exempt from the same logic.

I guess thats my long winded way of saying, until you are paying real money out of your own pocket to help fund the recording, mixing, mastering, promotion, or release of Chinese Democracy don't think that you are actually 'owed' anything at the end of the day.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2005, 12:28:26 PM »

Alrite people definately took this the wrong way........first off I am a GNR fan like all of you and I still definately have a life like I'm sure al of you do. I dont think a bout the album day and night and it's Axl's decision when to release3 an album I just want to know what the fuck is going on in the GNR camp. And once again for bashers YOU DON'T HAVE TO HATE ME BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 12:41:08 PM »

I firmly stand by my opinion that Axl should give the fans something when this amount of time has gone by.? He is the one that started all this hype and just left it out to dry.? I don't think a simple statement is a crushing thing to do, I don't understand why everybody makes a big deal out of a statement that could be given to the people that love him.? He talked alot more in the 80's and 90's with GNR then..then now.? The fans were given updates on UYI's and we got the albums and it didn't take 7 years to come out.? IMO I just don't feel it would kill him or be such a huge task to just say something.? We aren't asking for much.? To see fans happy and praising you even more so because of what you give them, to me, how could you not just want to do it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:20:34 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 03:03:06 PM »

if no one cares about if they get an album, or axl owes no one anything then why even consider new gnr anything real... Just look at it as a dot in history that ended.. Poor axl gets shit when he doesn't come through.. Well so does every player on sport's teams I watch when they don't get a hit or score a basket//.. Maybe they should all become recluses because they have to actually take heat for not coming through... crying

If new gnr is real, then people should be pissed that nothing ever happens.. Band can't be real if they never release materail, seems like boards just keep them alive because no one knows who they are,,
rocketbabii
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 03:27:49 PM »

DoubleTalkingJive i hear what you're saying about the statement thing... but who knows why it isnt an option at the moment. maybe this is a clue... maybe not - its from a radio interview he gave in nov. 2002:

Q: Have you made a conscious effort over the years to remain out of the public eye, or does that just come natural to you?

Axl Rose: "No, no? It didn't exactly come natural. I would say that originally, I was shy, and we would fight through it, and a lot of substance abuse would get you out there in front of those cameras. You get like, 'Hey, I can do anything.' And that was like in the past. But also? a lot of this has had to also do with? There's a lot of really difficult legal situations that have gone on over the years. I haven't been quite the recluse that people make it out ? I just don't go places were people are taking my pictures, or I know that's gonna happen, or there's gonna be interviews, or looking for the public spotlight ? I have stayed out of that. There is also talking in interviews? Anything I would say would then turn around and be used against me in these various, behind-the-scenes court cases and they're all very, very complicated ? things lasted for years in all kinds of cases that the public doesn't really know about yet ? and little by little there'll be more time to talk about those things, but I'm more interested in having the music talk first, and I'll say what happened later."
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 03:35:45 PM »

DoubleTalkingJive i hear what you're saying about the statement thing... but who knows why it isnt an option at the moment. maybe this is a clue... maybe not - its from a radio interview he gave in nov. 2002:

Q: Have you made a conscious effort over the years to remain out of the public eye, or does that just come natural to you?

Axl Rose: "No, no? It didn't exactly come natural. I would say that originally, I was shy, and we would fight through it, and a lot of substance abuse would get you out there in front of those cameras. You get like, 'Hey, I can do anything.' And that was like in the past. But also? a lot of this has had to also do with? There's a lot of really difficult legal situations that have gone on over the years. I haven't been quite the recluse that people make it out ? I just don't go places were people are taking my pictures, or I know that's gonna happen, or there's gonna be interviews, or looking for the public spotlight ? I have stayed out of that. There is also talking in interviews? Anything I would say would then turn around and be used against me in these various, behind-the-scenes court cases and they're all very, very complicated ? things lasted for years in all kinds of cases that the public doesn't really know about yet ? and little by little there'll be more time to talk about those things, but I'm more interested in having the music talk first, and I'll say what happened later."

Yes, I do remember listening to that radio interview although it's hard to remember word for word, thanks.  Even with the legal matters he has, I still feel that with Merck and his lawyers involved he could say something.  Or, if he is really serious about letting the music talk first then I wish he would go ahead and let it talk already..  Unfortunately the more time that goes by I feel is worse for him and his band.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 05:24:45 PM »

We just want music not old quotes.. What is a band without music?? WHen a new band forms and you like them you expect music otherwise without it they don't exist.. Bands are people you ca see play, bands are people that release music.. No albums, no tours, then what do you get from it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: