Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:16:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me make a point here
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me make a point here  (Read 25277 times)
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« on: May 13, 2005, 11:41:25 PM »

I'm sure these thoughts have been said before but I just have to make a point about something. I guess this is my year of becoming a veteran GN'R fanatic I joined this camp in 2003/2004 and I'd always liked songs like Paradise, Sweetn Child, and Jungle, but never knew who it was. Now I've been coming on boards since then and I didn't know the B.S. that came with GN'R at the time. I logged on and read stuff about a new album and was like, wow! great timing my new favorite band is releasing an album soon...........2 years later We've all got nothing to show for it. I shouldn't be bitching though because people have delt with the wait since Around 1992. (i excluded TSI cuz thats not a proper release)I love GN'R people because Iu think they have made the greatest music of all time I think there better than Zeppelin, Sabbath, The Beatles, Pink Floyd all of them. People always argue with me and say oh Axl sucks, Gn'r is a fag band, Buckethead is gay. I believe in Axl and know he's still capable of performing because of MSG 02 the guy was explosive! I'm just beginning to doubt the whole Chinese Democracy thing. Then in 2004 I thought the wait was at least postponed with the Velvet Revolver CD.......wrong! I've heard people say that it's one of the better albums ever, I totally disagree, the VR album was almost a complete dissapointment to me. I was expecting not AFD but an album where everytrack kicks ass. I don't know The point of the matter is I'm really starting to doubt my favorite band. And for everyone who is gonna say Axl doesn't owe me anything guess what, he does. He owes at least a statement beside that the progress is going well we need to here a projected time of release or that the album isn't coming out at all. He owes it to us as his loyal fans. ]Axl Stop dicking with us
................Form your opinions about thyis but don't hate me because I have my own.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:11:49 AM »

point made.... Roll Eyes...now go away.... no one OWES anyone anything ....and if you think they do, perhaps you should get a life? might make the wait more bearable hihi

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:51:49 AM »

How many shows did Axl perform with GNR? How much time did he lose to tour buses and airports to haul his ass from gig to gig? How many days of his youth were wasted in hotel rooms waiting for show-time? How many years has he spent on the new album?  How long did he struggle to work with the old band and how long has he spent putting this new line-up together? For how long has he been a figure of public ridicule? How many people badmouth him in the media and on the internet per day?

How does Axl Rose owe any of us anything?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 01:15:52 AM »

You know I think Axl does kinda owe his fans.  We've been sticking with him for a long time now with nothing to show for it.  We defend him and continue to buy the merchandise and line his pockets and we get nothing in return.  Rock stars do owe their fans, because without them they'd never have the money or the fame they have.  If it wasn't for GN'R fans where would Axl be?  Without the support of his fans over the years he damn sure wouldn't be in position to not put out any original material in years, rarely play live shows, and still have more than enough money thatn he'll ever need.  Him not even giving his fans a statement regarding what's going on shows how selfish and egomaniacal he really is.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 01:26:53 AM »

You know I think Axl does kinda owe his fans.? We've been sticking with him for a long time now with nothing to show for it.? We defend him and continue to buy the merchandise and line his pockets and we get nothing in return.? Rock stars do owe their fans, because without them they'd never have the money or the fame they have.? If it wasn't for GN'R fans where would Axl be?? Without the support of his fans over the years he damn sure wouldn't be in position to not put out any original material in years, rarely play live shows, and still have more than enough money thatn he'll ever need.? Him not even giving his fans a statement regarding what's going on shows how selfish and egomaniacal he really is.

Check out your argument from the opposite perspective; Where would GNR fans be without Axl? Short version: They'd be supporting some other band. You'd have a stack of someone else's records and t-shirts and other merch. Axl, Slash, Izzy, all those guys, would be working at a 7-eleven somewhere in Hollywood. There'd be no AFD, no Lies, no Illusions, no CD and no live GNR shows, ever. So while it's true that without the support Axl would likely be asking 'paper or plastic?' it's equally true that without Axl you'd probably be a Bon Jovi fan. It's not as though you didn't get your fair share in this deal - Axl may have a dollar or two from each GNR album you own and a buck-fifty from each t-shirt, but you have some of the best rock music ever recorded.  Your $12 spent buying AFD probably didn't cover one hour of the sound engineer's wage.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 02:57:54 AM »

Personally I don't fell Axl owes me anyting but I can see how people can look at it two different ways.

1- If it wasnt for the fans buying the Merch, Cds, and DVDS of GnR year after year I am sure Geffen would of cut Axl off from future money and wouldnt still be letting him work on CD, it is because Geffen is making money on already made material that they dont force Axl to release CD yet.  So Axl is living high and has a great life thanks to his loyal fans. Look at MC Hammer or Milli Vanilli they were huge in 1991 and now they are broke and no one wants their stuff still, the constant market for GnR stuff (the demand comes from GnR fans) is what is keeping Axl from doing "Nation wide Insurance ads".

And the other side.

2- The fans owe Axl for what he has given us.  To record and then to give up on all family and friends to tour the world to please your fans so they can see you is a demanding life and road life isnt fun all the time.  Besides all the time he has spent entertaining us I am sure the pressure of being in the limelight isn't going to make his life any easier or longer.

You can look at it both ways. I don't exactly feel he personally owes me anything, BUT NOW IF I HAD BOUGHT A TICKET FOR A SHOW, TOOK TIME OFF OF WORK, LOST WAGES, SPENT GAS AND A HOTEL ROOM, AND in the end spend a few hundred to see Uncle Axl and he didn't show up then I would feel he owes me something.   

I think the real question is really how many people thinks Axl owes them something and once you find them people ask how many of them have been stood up by Axl.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 02:59:06 AM »

You can look at it any way you want, but its NOT RIGHT. Its just that simple. Axl has all these fans upset because they're being kept in the dark for years, or for whatever reason, thats not right. Yeah he may not be obligated to tell me anything, true; but the right thing for him to do would be to just step up and say, "Look, here's the deal...". Its just that easy. If you truely can't see that, something is wrong with you. Yeah, you can cry/argue and say, "Bs, he doesnt have to do shit"!. Whatever... That would just be the right thing for him to do. ?peace ?
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 05:20:16 AM »

Well said ATREAL1_1

Lets play a game.  I will say something, and you tell me a person who matches the description.

"A person who cares about his fans being informed about his new, LONG awaited album"

Did Axl Rose pop into your mind?

He is a complete jerk to his fans, plain and simple.  The man just does not care about us, or he would issue a statement. 
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 05:26:20 AM »

Why do people think that Axl owes them something?? Believe it or not but Axl's life does not revolve around his fans.? Axl does what Axl wants to and why shouldnt he.? Give the guy a break, ok so he was supposed to put an album out about ten years ago and hasnt - so what, at least we have AFD, Lies and the Illusion albums.? People should be grateful for what Axl and the band has produced instead of whining about what Axl supposedly owes them.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 05:57:20 AM »

your no different from anyone else, we are all GNR fans here whether it be new, old or both. As much as i dont like nu GNR i still wanna hear the new album but this is axl we are talking about here, all you have to do is read some of the things he did on the build up to this album (driving over demo tapes etc) and you know he aint getting to far.

Plus why does everyone think VR are a dissapointment, its been years since ive heard a really good rock album. Slash could have done better solos but maybe that was the sound they wanted at the time, at least they have given us a album, given us a big tour, still going i think. So i dont know how they can be classed as a dissapointment, maybe in your eyes not good, but a dissapointment certainly not.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 06:31:55 AM »

Why do people think that Axl owes them something?? Believe it or not but Axl's life does not revolve around his fans.? Axl does what Axl wants to and why shouldnt he.? Give the guy a break, ok so he was supposed to put an album out about ten years ago and hasnt - so what, at least we have AFD, Lies and the Illusion albums.? People should be grateful for what Axl and the band has produced instead of whining about what Axl supposedly owes them.

Then why has axl been promising the fans this album for years, and why has he been talking about it for all these years, why did he tour and call it a CD tour..? He brings on his own fan pressures.. I was very content after gnr broke up and enver expected another thing, but he brought the gnr name back to life and made all these half ass promises.. I never believe anyone owes or even expect anything, but in this case he re amerged and mentioned cd numerous years, and he reformed a gnr band, he sold merchandise for CD, he told kurt loder we were getting a cd..

People need to stop acting like it's the fans fault because axl put a twenty on a string and we followed it then pulled it away.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 06:47:40 AM »

You axl freaks make me laugh.  I like gnr too, but by god pull your head out of his butt for one second and breath some fresh air. 

People like to defend him by saying "look at how much he has toured, and how much time he has spent in the studio.. he doesnt owe us a thing!"  yeah ok man, I know it is crazy for us to ask for a 20 second update from axl in the past 6(?) years.  Hell, I guarentee you that Aerosmith// Metalica have toured longer than axl has, and put out many more cds.  You dont see them treating their fans like garbage like Axhole

But lord knows, anyone who doesn't support axl 100% needs to "get a life"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 07:03:43 AM »

I do believe Axl does owe us at least the courtesy of an update.? We all support him or we wouldn't be on here but as much as we show him that we are here and whether or not we get mad and voice our frustration, he as an artist and as a performer would be nothing without fan support, he DOES owe us, something, anything.? Not a vague or mysterious statement but real news that is going on with him and his band.? ?It's not that hard, other successfull rock bands do it all the time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 07:05:18 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 07:30:09 AM »

good post duffsgal ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 08:15:39 AM »

You axl freaks make me laugh.?

Really?

Posts like yours make me laugh.

You're only here to whine about Axl owing you something.

You think he owes you, yet you're here day after day. Is it because you need to be reminded of how "poorly" Axl treats you?

Wouldn't it be best if you just forgot about GN'R and listened to something else? That way you wouldn't have to get upset about not getting any updates from Axl.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 12:06:46 PM »

Don't worry coz i think that Chinese Democracy will come i think in october/November this year or so their manager said. Just as well to me how long they delay it as long as it comes "soon"!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 12:29:27 PM »

I'm sure these thoughts have been said before but I just have to make a point about something. I guess this is my year of becoming a veteran GN'R fanatic I joined this camp in 2003/2004 and I'd always liked songs like Paradise, Sweetn Child, and Jungle, but never knew who it was. Now I've been coming on boards since then and I didn't know the B.S. that came with GN'R at the time. I logged on and read stuff about a new album and was like, wow! great timing my new favorite band is releasing an album soon...........2 years later We've all got nothing to show for it. I shouldn't be bitching though because people have delt with the wait since Around 1992. (i excluded TSI cuz thats not a proper release)I love GN'R people because Iu think they have made the greatest music of all time I think there better than Zeppelin, Sabbath, The Beatles, Pink Floyd all of them. People always argue with me and say oh Axl sucks, Gn'r is a fag band, Buckethead is gay. I believe in Axl and know he's still capable of performing because of MSG 02 the guy was explosive! I'm just beginning to doubt the whole Chinese Democracy thing. Then in 2004 I thought the wait was at least postponed with the Velvet Revolver CD.......wrong! I've heard people say that it's one of the better albums ever, I totally disagree, the VR album was almost a complete dissapointment to me. I was expecting not AFD but an album where everytrack kicks ass. I don't know The point of the matter is I'm really starting to doubt my favorite band. And for everyone who is gonna say Axl doesn't owe me anything guess what, he does. He owes at least a statement beside that the progress is going well we need to here a projected time of release or that the album isn't coming out at all. He owes it to us as his loyal fans. ]Axl Stop dicking with us
................Form your opinions about thyis but don't hate me because I have my own.

this guy is as crazy as Mcmurph.......yeah him!! Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »

It's not that he owes anything to any of us as individuals.  But he owes his fan base as a whole an explanation at the very least.  Because if it wasn't for all of us noone would even know who he is.  And HK-47, I'm a Bon Jovi fan anyway. Grin

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 04:04:35 PM »

It's not that he owes anything to any of us as individuals.  But he owes his fan base as a whole an explanation at the very least.  Because if it wasn't for all of us noone would even know who he is.  And HK-47, I'm a Bon Jovi fan anyway. Grin

"bon jovi can suck my dick" i guess axl has more to answer to you now  hihi

html sucks
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 06:37:46 PM »

? And HK-47, I'm a Bon Jovi fan anyway. Grin

Well, there's no accounting for taste Tongue

I think this whole discussion is a little silly, especially as people have such muddy reasoning behind their posts. Yes, it would be nice of Axl to hold your fragile little hands and guide you through every step of the recording process, talk you through the final mix, invite you to meetings about the packaging designs and materials and keep you all up to date on his lawyer's legal manouvers - but "nice" is all it would be. It's not a requirement, and certainly not something you should expect, nor have a right to. Sure, most of the people here just want the occasional update, a little bit of news from time to time, which is more reasonable but still definately extra-curricular. What if there is just no "news" to update you on? Picture this:

GNR FRONTMAN ISSUES PRESS RELEASE

Dear fans, hangers-on and other assorted emotional cripples,

You've all been requesting news for a while now, and thanks to a break in my hectic pool-side schedule I am finally able to comply. Not much to tell you about due to the rest of the band having finished recording a year or so ago, but I'll tell you what I've been doing. Here's a typical day in the life of Axl Rose during post-production;

Woke up at noon today. Had a glass of soy milk and three loafs of wheat toast for breakfast, in preparation for my mid-afternoon colonic. I spent a few hours in the security master conrol room, poring over the house-staff's activities via my secret cameras. I think that the maid is stealing cutlery, I'm down to like 34 teaspoons. There was a little excitement at about 3pm when some deranged groupie showed up at the gates (or maybe it was Izzy? Must add the footage to "Ex-Bandmate & Stalker Activity" file). It's my private SWAT-team's day off so I had to loose the hounds of hell on the interloper.

Spent a few hours sipping margeritas by the pool and whipping the houseboy. I'm thinking about marrying Avril Lavigne if she isn't too old by time the album comes out but Beta says to get a chia pet first and see how that works out.

Anyway, to the important part! I phoned Crazy Bob, my sound engineer, at the studio. He says that turning all of the BH sessions tape into origami swans probably wasn't a good idea, but he's unfolded most of it and it sounds great! Bit flangy, but that's life. He also mentioned something about labelling all of the tapes next time, something about speeding up the process, I don't know,  I wasn't really listening.  The jist seems to be that all of the tracks are nearly  ready for the final "Okay" from the Fuhrer. . .  I mean, "Tommy". I told Crazy Bob that Tommy wouldn't be back until September and Bob said something about "wasting his time talking to peons" and told me not to call again without Tommy's permission. That really pissed me off so I threw the window through the t.v. which wasn't half as easy as I'd read it was. I told Merck all about Bob and he said that to make it up to me I could pick the design for the tour t-shirt! YES! Fuck Tommy!

So that about  wraps it up for today. Hey, this was so much fun I think I'll do it again tomorrow! It's way more interesting than listening to another stupid mix of the album. And the t.v.'s broke so I'll have nothing to do all day anyway.

Don't blame me, Blame Jarmo!

Peace Out.

"A"

----------------
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: