Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can Axl Do Something Original?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl Do Something Original?  (Read 2558 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: May 13, 2005, 05:02:20 PM »

Everyone knows how groundbreaking GNR was by releasing two albums on the same day. It had never been done before. Since 91, its been done several times. Although TSI wasn't the first cover album, after GNR did it, releasing a cover album become a much less riskier move by other artists. Even though the 2002 tour was a failure, it was the first time a well known band did a tour without an album.                        My question is this: What could Axl do this time that would be so groundbreaking that its never been done before? Maybe releasing 3 different albums on the same day? its never been done before but a 3 album scenario is unlikely. Probably a one in a trilion chance. And even if he did it, it would only please his core fanbase and it would be considered overkill by the casual music fan. So this scenario can probably be ruled out.                    How about a simultaneous release of CD and Axl's autobiography? This has never been done before either. With this scenario, he could be #1 on the book and music charts. If this occured, it would give him the best chance to reclaim the pedestal he jumped off of in 1993. He would get just as much media attention with the book, if not more, than he would get with the album. But doing a book of this magnitude would require a media blitz by Axl, and he may not be ready for that much attention. But in my opinion, this would be a GREAT idea.                    Something else he could do is release different versions of CD at the same time. Lets say 3 versions of CD, with the exact same songs, but with a different element to each. Regular CD, maybe a piano based CD, and of course, acoustic CD. I dont think this would have the overkill factor the way releasing 3 different albums would. The hardcore fan could buy all three, while the casual fan can pick which style of CD they want. This would be a win-win situation.                                So what do you guys think? Should Axl try to deliver something groundbreaking to the masses? Any other ideas?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 05:08:03 PM »

i would love a double album with a dvd that showed the behind the scenes of making the album..

Three albums would cost a young person a fortune..

If we just got one album and a video that would seem grounbreaking to me.. smoking
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:11:55 PM »

Maybey the day he releases the album there will be a reunion which was planned all along and then the old band will release an album the day after. Then a joint tour: Old Gn'R and New Gn'R

Far'fetched?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 05:19:14 PM »

Maybey the day he releases the album there will be a reunion which was planned all along and then the old band will release an album the day after. Then a joint tour: Old Gn'R and New Gn'R

Far'fetched?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Only if tracy, roberta, teddy zig zag, and the 976-horn sluts are invited Grin
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 05:23:30 PM »

I think when he finally does release it,  it will be groundbreaking Grin  Maybe NuGNR could actually play the Superbowl  hihi

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 10:09:57 PM »

Far'fetched?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Yes, it is.
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:36:14 PM »

"My question is this: What could Axl do this time that would be so groundbreaking that its never been done before?"

How about living life the way he wants, perceived mistakes and all? Isn't that enough?
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »

I hope to god Axl doesn't do a cover for the entire Contraband album.  But, if Axl did do that before releasing chineese democracy,do u think Axl's version would out outsell the VR version? 
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 01:01:15 AM »

I've got it! On the day the album is released Axl must;
1) Show his ass in the window of the Interscope offices
2) Bitchslap Shakira on TRL
3) Become the first man to consume an entire numetal band in one sitting
4) Abandon the music business and instead set out to break the world record for travelling across the atlantic in an Oldsmobile 88.

Anything else would just be a retread.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 03:00:31 AM »

? ? My question is this: What could Axl do this time that would be so groundbreaking that its never been done before? Maybe releasing 3 different albums on the same day? its never been done before but a 3 album scenario is unlikely.

Didn't Pearl Jam issue like 5 different Live Cds on the same day and have them all in the top 100?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »

Releasing 5 live albums doesn't count. Hell, anybody could do that. What I do find strange though, is how there are very few fresh ideas mentioned. I was expecting one of you guys to think up something brilliant(or at least something better than my ideas), but very few people responded. Maybe there just isn't anything new, untried, and invigorating for Axl to do.

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 03:46:01 PM »

"Maybe there just isn't anything new, untried, and invigorating for Axl to do."

Not in your mind anyways. I find it admirable, at the very least, that Axl seems to have chosen to live life on his own terms. He DID try to do something big with 'GnR' the last few years. Some things just didn't seem to work out well for him. What's the big deal? Everyone seems to have expectations/goal that don't pan out the way they envisioned, including (maybe especially) us neanderthal fans. How does that saying go? Walk a mile in my shoes.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 03:56:08 PM »

Not in my mind?? I started the damn thread. Read my first post. I think there's several things he could do that could reinvigorate his career. Its just funny how there is all these people here who defend Axl to the end, yet cant think of something exciting for him to do when he attempts another comeback. GNR usually doesn't release an album in a normal sense. So I thought he might try to surprise everybody. If no one is looking forward to something original, maybe he'll just release a normal album like everyone else.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 04:01:28 PM »

? ? My question is this: What could Axl do this time that would be so groundbreaking that its never been done before? Maybe releasing 3 different albums on the same day? its never been done before but a 3 album scenario is unlikely.

Didn't Pearl Jam issue like 5 different Live Cds on the same day and have them all in the top 100?

Yes but they were in the 60-80 range, Axl wants CD in the 1-5 range.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 04:10:01 PM »

"Not in my mind?? I started the damn thread. Read my first post. I think there's several things he could do that could reinvigorate his career."

I stand corrected.

"Its just funny how there is all these people here who defend Axl to the end, yet cant think of something exciting for him to do when he attempts another comeback."

I don't see it as defending him. I see it more as, "Let the man be." IF he chooses to "try again", so to speak, let him do it on his own terms, not according to what you expect of him.

"GNR usually doesn't release an album in a normal sense. So I thought he might try to surprise everybody. If no one is looking forward to something original, maybe he'll just release a normal album like everyone else."

This is what I was trying to get at with the "Not in your own mind" statement. All these expectations that a lot of us hold, as well as thinking he has slighted us or failed us in some way, they're all self-built, and mostly exist only in our minds. Sure, the man's probably made tons of mistakes [with GnR in the last few years], but who hasn't made mistakes? When you personally make a mistake in life, you don't want people yapping away at you until you "correct" the mistake according to how they "perceive" it should be corrected, do you? Or, do you never make mistakes? Instead of holding these self-created expectations and misgivings against him, why not just let things be?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 04:47:14 PM by mentalradio » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 04:12:07 PM »

Axl does not want to fail his fans thus that is why he wants CD to be perfect.
If axl wanted to he could have just thrown 12-15 songs on an album and called it guns n roses and not cared how good or bad the songs were but to make money off the gnr name. Axl didnt do that, he wants to make an album that is worthy of the gnr  name on it. Understand?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 11:30:50 PM »

Axl does not want to fail his fans thus that is why he wants CD to be perfect.
If axl wanted to he could have just thrown 12-15 songs on an album and called it guns n roses and not cared how good or bad the songs were but to make money off the gnr name. Axl didnt do that, he wants to make an album that is worthy of the gnr? name on it. Understand?

Gee, Dave, I guess we are all too stupid. Please explain it to us again and again and again. And tell us why finishing touches have been going on for 3+ years and why the fans have heard nothing about the band (except people quitting) for more than a year. The point is, aside from lame claims to "perfection" (what ever that is) there are no excuses for this dysfunctional band and its dysfuctional leader. I think the history of this board  and its  various threads  bears  this out. For Christ's  sake, the music channels ROUTINELY refer to Axl as mentally disturbed. I am not saying they are right, but get  real, one cannot conclude that  there is any thing normal  about the way this band goes about  its business.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 02:02:51 AM »

Hasnt Axl already tried to release a record and the old label rejected it? Im pretty sure Axl had tried to get OMG type material out but from Geffons' point of view the quality wasnt there.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 03:59:32 AM »

Hasnt Axl already tried to release a record and the old label rejected it? Im pretty sure Axl had tried to get OMG type material out but from Geffons' point of view the quality wasnt there.

Where did you hear that crazy rumor?  Geffen would of tried to release anything Axl gives them to release

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 06:47:38 AM »

he was original when he was born

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: